PDA

View Full Version : [PF] The secret necromancer

Sedim
2012-09-12, 05:15 AM
My gaming group has decided that we want to run a pathfinder campaign in the future and so I have been looking through the different customisation options for characters.

One idea I was hoping to get some feedback on is a Cleric who has a lot of knowledge in necromancy (Undead Lord alternate class feature, Death domain, feats like Command Undead, Skeleton Summoner or Undead Master) but who pretends to be a healer. The character would be a sociopath style personality, where they act socially acceptably because that is what you do to not get noticed. They are not necessarily evil or homicidal, they just have an obsession with death/undeath. He would work as a travelling healer, either as a member or posing as a member of a group similar to the red cross.

I would pretend to prepare of inflict wounds spells but convert them to healing, while really doing it the other way around. Possibly I could pretend to have the Leadership feat and just pretend my minion had a disfiguring disease, but was actually a skeleton (Corpse Companion) with all of his parts covered. Or possibly a zombie disguised as a leper...

The only problem I can think of is that he won't have the ability to channel positive energy, which I am sure would get him noticed. I can't really reconsile the character concept with chosing positive energy channeling but picking necromancy spells/feats.

What I'm looking for is advise on sticking to the character concept, while making a cleric that can still pretend to be the stereotypical good cleric in the face of the other players. I don't really trust most of this group to not meta-game if the players knew. I'm not looking to suddenly screw the party over, just surprise them all one day by having a gang of undead fighting with us.

Baroncognito
2012-09-12, 05:32 AM
Well, you have a choice if you're neutral, and with a feat, you can make that choice every time you use channel energy.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/versatile-channeler

Sedim
2012-09-12, 08:50 AM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/versatile-channeler

I.. had not found that feat. That should work great.