PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 suggestions for a 4th swordsage/monk build

Blood Seriph
2012-09-12, 10:49 AM
Hello, New to this site and I do apologize for probably another redundant swordsage/monk build question.

I want to build a swordsage/monk variant, my question is how far should I take both and how should I level?
I would like to limit multi-classing to a max of 3 classes(unless convinced otherwise)

INFO...
Race: Human(required)
Role: DPS(for lack of a known better term)
Level: start at 4th (max15, 5 levels are for a prestige)
Stats: (5d6)16 17 14 18 14 12
Feats: Human+1st+3rd+Flaw+Flaw=5
Books: most are available, please note where your suggestions come from

Thank you.

Yora
2012-09-12, 10:59 AM
Google says "read this thread" (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185478).

Dusk Eclipse
2012-09-12, 11:14 AM
Monk is a perfectly good dip to get some bonus feats, Stunning fist might actually be a good option for Swordsages since they do have a reason to pump wis (AC bonus, Intuitive strike [class feature], etc) and from my reading you can combine it with Strikes, if you also take the Intuitive attack [feat] from BoED you can be semi-wis SAD.

You could also select Overwhelming Strike variant combat style and get Power Attack and Improved bull rush, which can lead into Shock trooper. Passive Way could get you Improved trip which works well with Setting sun.

Finally ask your DM if you can stack Monk and Swordsage levels for the purpose of your Unarmed Strike base damage.

HunterColt22
2012-09-12, 11:18 AM
Hello, New to this site and I do apologize for probably another redundant swordsage/monk build question.

I want to build a swordsage/monk variant, my question is how far should I take both and how should I level?
I would like to limit multi-classing to a max of 3 classes(unless convinced otherwise)

INFO...
Race: Human(required)
Role: DPS(for lack of a known better term)
Level: start at 4th (max15, 5 levels are for a prestige)
Stats: (5d6)16 17 14 18 14 12
Feats: Human+1st+3rd+Flaw+Flaw=5
Books: most are available, please note where your suggestions come from

Thank you.

You will want to grab superior unarmed damage at some point, it treats your monk damage as four levels higher than you are. Which is always helpful. Also with swordsage you get access to a few fun maneuvers that go off your wis for the DC which is extremely helpful, go for blood letting strike. Always a flat two con damage and can get up to four if they dont make the save, though at higher levels it is easy to do, for where you are now, it is going to hurt them.

Blood Seriph
2012-09-12, 12:53 PM
How would you calculate damage for a character that is using a Spiked Chain
and the Shadow Blade Feat?

Here's my math with STR:16, DEX:18...
+4dex(shadow blade)
+4str(1 1/2 strength for a 2handed weapon)
=2d4+8 right?