PDA

View Full Version : (IC) E8 Red Hand of Doom (PF)

Pages : [1] 2

Starbuck_II
2012-09-12, 11:21 AM
The sun beats down on the dry road. The atmosphere is almost stifling, as there is no wind today. The dust kicked up by the party's feet does not get carried away by a soft breeze and instead lingers to coat the back of the throat. All in all, it is not a pleasant day. Already, you're getting sick of Elsir Vale. The endless stretch of land is only rarely broken up by a small farm or, even more rarely, by a tiny hole-in-the-ground town. Luckily, one of the larger towns lay only a few miles ahead. Real food, perhaps even a soft bed. Just another hour or so and you'll be there.

The town sits right on the border of the Witchwood. It's as good a place as any to use as a starting point for your journeys as they are the ones who hired you.

Day 1 has begun.

Let's get a little RP out of the way first. Otherwise, you'll just get dumped into combat area. I want to know what you guys think of each other

Novawurmson
2012-09-12, 11:47 AM
B'dar pulls out a bottle of whiskey and sips it, coating his lips and swishing the liquid around in his mouth to try to dislodge the dust.

"Och, terrible weather. Give me the cool tunnels o' my fathers any day," he says to no one in particular.

He stares at the odd dog that's been following them for the past...how long has it been? A few days at the least. B'dar sniffs; layabout mutt. Maybe one of the other could teach it to growl if something dangerous came close at night. If Darian would just stop feeding it, it would probably go away on its own.

"Aren't ye' goin' to teach it to lead you along, Darian? Might be somethin' useful for a blind man, eh?"

Edit: This is B'dar's idea of a joke.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-12, 12:15 PM
Nightsky pants noticeably as he follows along next to the human he's come to identify as Darian, keeping to the side furthest from the rest of the party to keep some of the dust from his nose and muzzle. Spring is coming early, but his winter coat is still as thick as ever. The sun beats down relentlessly and the dust confuses his senses with countless scents. Taking human form might be more comfortable, especially given that his rate of travel is already limited to that of the others. But he prefers to know more about these people first. If there's trouble ahead, that will tell him enough. Besides, the food is good.

Using Beast Shape II:
Dexterity: 17
AC: 13
Reflex Save: 12
DR: 1/magic
Speed: 50
Scent: +8 Perception to notice smells, detection of hidden creatures at range.

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-12, 12:44 PM
Darian seems to ignore B'dar's comment for a moment, then "Ha, you know I can see just as well as another, I stopped having problems with my eyes at 16 year. Besides, this dog seems nice, and I might as well help it out, It must miss it's master ,i'm willing to bet that it'll help us somehow, maybe it'll bite someone for us." Darian ends his sentence with a smile towards B'dar, then looks back to the others in what B'dar would probably call their business group. "You people aren't slowing are you? this time in a gruffer tone then when he talked to B'dar.

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-12, 05:07 PM
Alta marches on under the burning sun, and even though the heat and dust are making her uncomfortable, she is far too prideful to complain. Instead, she stays silent and listens to her companions, paying more attention to the way they spoke than to the words.

The very large man's behaviour is remarcably odd to her. After all, why would someone see so much hard work to impersonate a dwarf, even when anyone who know anything about dwarves can tell that real dwarves are twice shorter. The other man, well... Nothing about him really caches her attention, besides the lack of manners. She briefly considers responding in kind, but decides against it. She doesn't want even more dust in her throat.

As she walks she finds herself idly watching the odd canine that had joined them. She had nothing agains animals, but the creature's sudden apparence from nowhere made her a little wary. Still, she had patted the animal a few times, when she was sure that nobody was looking.

shugyosha
2012-09-12, 05:21 PM
Ariya

Usually on a journey like this she would pass the time whistling catchy tunes she had picked up but the dust made that impossible.

Ariya wrapped a light scarf over hear head and face. It covered her hair and protected her mouth and nose from the ambient dust. In her travels she had learned to be prepared.

In the last few days she had begun to grow comfortable with this group. They were particularly great company but since they had picked up a canine follower things seemed better.

The dog had taken a liking to Darian. She thought this strange as he was one of the more distant people here.

Novawurmson
2012-09-12, 05:44 PM
"'Raiders'," B'dar grumbles sarcastically. "'Raiders' m' arse. Haven't see hide nor hair of any raiders this whole journey. More 'n likely this dog scared somebody's sheep off and the village elder or what have you thought it'd be a good way to make 'imself look important."

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-12, 05:48 PM
Nightsky has been tagging along after the group for a couple of days, sleeping at the edge of camp and warming to anyone who offered him food, as any lost pet or familiar might. It isn't an act. He is always more comfortable in his animal form, and finds that others are more open with him as well.

The thin youth, Darian, had been the most generous to him so far, and he's noticed that the scowling demeanor he presents to other humanoids seems very different from his ready kindness to animals. Nightsky feels most secure with him.

B'dar and Alta are harder to figure out. He has never seen anything like the strange half-giant who smells like a dwarf, and the woman rarely speaks. Though she has petted him on occasion, she also seems more suspicious of him than the others. Once or twice, she's caught him looking on with envy as B'dar took a swig from his whiskey bottle, and he's had to pretend not to notice.

Ariya seems inviting, but he's had less opportunity to interact. He's quietly enjoyed listening on the occasions when she's decided to hum or sing a tune.

Pausing to sneeze at the dust, the animal trots back up to Darian, tail wagging, smiling dumbly, apparently oblivious to the giant's accusations.

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-12, 06:12 PM
Darian looks at the dog "I'll get you some food when we stop, For now would anyone like to cool down?" Darian feels a little sad when the girls don't reply to him, he had hoped they'd respond to tell him how they were doing, but he'd try to get them to open up again later, he turns to B'dar "B'dar, what exactly are we doing going to Drellin's Ferry? you know I let you pick the jobs, but I could use some info."

Novawurmson
2012-09-12, 06:42 PM
"Er..." Oathbreaker says, digging around in his satchel for the notice. "'The township of Drellin's Ferry hereby appeals to mercenaries, hired arms...' blah blah blah '...calls for aid...' erm '... marauders attacking caravans and robbing travelers on the roads...' Ah! 'ere we go! 'Reward posted.'"

He shoots a smile at Darian. "Doesn't specify too heavily on the reward, I don' think, but if there are any marauders to be found, I feel it'll be a good haul."

He scans the notice for any details he might have missed.

DM: Are there any other important details? If there are, B'dar relates them to the party; if not, he sighs, folds up the paper, and stows it away.

Edit: Removed misunderstanding. Also including a link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13888302#post13888302) to the OOC thread, because it's a pet peeve of mine.

Wyntonian
2012-09-12, 11:08 PM
Tobias taps his cane against the ground, his lips pursed thoughtfully. "A belligerent state permits itself every such misdeed, every such act of violence, as would disgrace the individual." His eyes light up for a moment. "Though, can't mourn those that feed the Black Wolf. To take up the sword is to take up death, both one's own and their enemies. Verily, 'tis a duty of society to prune those blighted aspects, lest their disease spread and choke out the rest."

He kneels to address the coyote face-to-face. "And truly, speaking from a position of utilitarian objectivity, the immediate areas would, certainly, benefit from such a surgical removal of such unsavory and unworthy elements of their quaint little society, such as it may be." He takes on the air of a university professor, lecturing a bewhiskered audience of one. "And so, through an utterly Pavolvian system of recompense, it would fall to the wielder of such an acuminous blade to enjoy the fruits of their labors, whether it be in yellow gold or the smiles of pretty girls. Would you agree, befurred one?"

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-12, 11:17 PM
The coyote licks slobber onto his face.

Novawurmson
2012-09-12, 11:33 PM
B'dar stares at Tobias with eyes slightly unfocused. "Lad, I've read a tome o' dwarven lore as tall as a man, as wide as two dwarves standin' shoulder to shoulder, and as thick as an anvil, and I didn' make ou' more'n two words ye just said."

Starbuck_II
2012-09-12, 11:47 PM
Just as the party comes within view of a small bend, there's an abandoned farmhouse to their right barely seen through the trees. Just below the rise, the road passes through a copse of trees. While at a glance it seems peaceful, if a little sad, something feels off about the silence. It's almost immediately apparent to B'dar, Darian, and Nightsky, though the others seem confused as to what it might mean. Alta just sees trees.

Between the greenery, there are small flashes of steel between the leaves. Mail coats. Someone is laying in wait. From the trees comes the sound of a horn, deep and long. Whoever it is seems to have spotted a few of the travelers in return. To the right of the road right next to the group, a low snarl begins to sound. A fiery red hound emerges from the brushup ahead.

Map:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlMQgZhwmEgTdGdmS2RENEkzVzZRaFFPYUxzMkllZ Wc#gid=0
The light undergrowth gives concealment from all attacks (both ways) but trees give cover from only ranged.

(due to high perception checks and decent stealth, B'dar, Darian, and Nightsky can go in surprise round before main battle starts)
Surprise round: (go in any order)
Nightsky, Darian, B'dar

Round 1 Intiative:

Regulars 20
Ariya 17
Tobias 17
Hunters 17
Nightsky 14
Alta 13
Darian 12
B'dar 11
Uth-gar 8
Hell hound 8

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-13, 01:44 AM
Darian notices the new enemy quickly, looking back a moment he sees some of his companions are seemily lost,"Prepare for battle! he yells, before quickly pulling out his blade, and casting a spell with the other hand, a glowing version of chainmail replaces his normal attire, revealing his numerous battle scars. Then he looks down to the dog,"You should back up, I wouldn't want you getting hurt. ending his casual look with a smile.

Novawurmson
2012-09-13, 06:30 AM
B'dar focuses, pouring his mental energy into his armor, which seems to hum to life. A feeling of swiftness pulses through his body.

B'dar uses his Augment Suit ability to grant himself the Speed customization for Int mod (2) rounds.

Speed: The aegis’s base land speed is increased by 5 feet. This customization can be selected up to five times. Its effects stack.

The increase in speed and PP cost have been noted on his character sheet.

"Well, come on then!" he cries.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-13, 08:29 AM
Nightsky stays close to Darian, head held low, growling a warning at the brush ahead. He gives no sign of having understood the human's command. He focuses his will, and hopes no one happens to be watching when a sheen of holy light washes briefly through his fur.

Casting Protection from Evil
Target: Self
Duration: 4 minutes
Effects: +2 AC (deflection), +2 all saves, resistance to charm, protection from summoned evil creatures.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-13, 09:50 AM
(Tobias's turn is after Surprise round, regulars go first in first turn. You can either cast again after regulars or change action, )

Battle music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ7XMWSiHUI&feature=related

You see rush out of the brush, as tall as a human, these muscular, gray-skinned creature peer about with tiny, observant eyes with anger on their lips.
R1 rushes forth and slashes wildly at Darian who tries to dodge the blow, but he jumps as the sword swings up and is hit, but due to his armor the blow is lessened to the blunt of the damage (4 damage). R2 attacks Tobias, but the Coyote ducks under the swing angering the Hobgoblin.

(map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlMQgZhwmEgTdGdmS2RENEkzVzZRaFFPYUxzMkllZ Wc#gid=0)

(Ariya, Tobias your turn up then Hunters)
Initiative:

Ariya 17
Tobias 17
Hunters 17
Nightsky 14
Alta 13
Darian 12
B'dar 11
Uth-gar 8
Hell hound 8

shugyosha
2012-09-13, 10:01 AM
Ariya

The fool wizard had been caught in the front again, she thought as she spun low and drew her weapon. She took a half step to present the aggressor a better defended target.

Move Action: Draw weapon
Standard Action: Start Battle Dance
Free Action: Five foot step to E14

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-13, 12:52 PM
OOC:I may not be able to post for a while, but I don't want to hold everyone up. So this action will occur after the Hunters':

Nightsky's fur bristles at the appearance of hobgoblins. Circling behind the one bearing down on Darian, the canine leaps at its throat with a feral snarl. If he gets a good hold, he will attempt to bring the foul creature down into the dust, sinking his fangs deep into its slimy throat.

Move action:
To F9, circling from the left to keep out of threatened squares.
Standard action:
Sneak attack on R1.
Channeling strike: sneak attack deals additional holy damage to evil.
Trip special ability: target is knocked prone if attack hits.
Bite attack: [roll0]
Bite damage: [roll1]
Precision damage: [roll2]
Holy damage: [roll3]

This might seem silly, but if we've been given any hero points to start with, I'll spend one to add +8 to the attack roll. ^^;

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-13, 03:28 PM
Darian begins to move yelling his knowledge of the hellhounds, Noting it's weaknesses with particular inportance.

Then Darian moves to 15,D his focus on the hellhounds ahead of him. Then he draws his hand up and down the blade of his sword, it's edge beginning to to glow with golden light, he yells at the hounds "Come on you ugly mutts!"

Casting Weapon of Awe +2 to damage for 50 rounds, 49/50 left on armor, 41 HP left

Wyntonian
2012-09-13, 05:16 PM
Tobias looks away from the coyote just in time to duck under the hobgoblin's sword. His eyes go wide with shock. "Alackaday! A villainous scoundrel!" He exclaims, dancing back before lunging forward, the solid brass handle of his cane extended towards the creature's face. There is the sound like a tree hit by lightning, and the tip of his cane erupts with rainbow light and sound, exploding outward with a rush.

Casting Color Spray (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/color-spray) as a standard. I can hit both R2 and R3 with it. Also, clarifying, we are fighting hobgoblins, yes? That's the impression I got.

Novawurmson
2012-09-13, 06:33 PM
"You dare to attack an Oathbreaker? I'll send the lot of ye to Pharasma's Boneyard!"

5 foot step to E12. Power Attack (with reach). Gets a +1 on attack roll due to the creature being goblinoid, correct? If not, reduce result by 1.

Attack roll:[roll0]
Confirm (if crit): [roll1]
Damage (if hit): [roll2]

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-13, 06:52 PM
Well, I guess I can go now. Also, I know that Nightsky succeeded in his attack because the map has been sneak updated, and R1 is prone.

Alta can not help but stare as the small canine wrestles the hobgoblin to the ground. What a wonderful animal! Managing to focus again on the battle in hand, she leaves the main group behind and rushes foward. As she proceeds, she draws her sword, which starts radiating an immense cold as it is pulled from it's sheath. "Weak to cold, eh? Well, I have the perfect thing for that," she thinks, and grins. "Once those hobgoblins get out of my way, of course."

She raises her oversized sword with one hand, it's size apparently not bothering her at all, and slashes.

The text is a bit ambiguous, as I'm not absolutely sure which enemies she can attack. If she is able to see A1, then she will move to I9 and strike it, otherwise she will just go after the healthiest-looking hobgoblin.

Move action: Move next to target.
Free action: Draw weapon as part of move action.
Swift action: Use 1 point from arcane pool to give weapon icy burts ability. (6 left)
Standard action: Kill & Maim.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Ice Damage: [roll2]
Crit (19-20) [roll3]
Crit Damage: [roll4]
Ice Damage: (If Crit) [roll5]

Starbuck_II
2012-09-13, 11:07 PM
Casting Color Spray (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/color-spray) as a standard. I can hit both R2 and R3 with it. Also, clarifying, we are fighting hobgoblins, yes? That's the impression I got.[/QUOTE]

Technically, you never ID'd them so they could be dragons, but it is likely due to description they were hobgoblins.

Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ7XMWSiHUI&feature=related
Then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVccKxcoFpE&feature=related

R3 and R2 fall under a deep longing for sleep and fal unconscious after seeing the pretty lights.

Hunter 1 (A1) 5 ft steps up then shoots at Alta, missing initial before it ricochets from the tree into his back hitting him hard (9), shouting, "I'll use your skull for my cup".
Hunter 2 (A2) 5 ft steps to M-9 before firing at Tobias and missing altogether.
Hunter 3 (A3) hits Tobias (5) causing a smll gash at his side then the arrow ricochets into B'dar (1nonlethal) his tough armor reduces the damage to blunt trauma.

Another humanoid wielding two sided flaming pole appears around the trees stoopping at P-14. He snarls, "Now, you shall feed the forge by slavery or fuel. "
Image looking kind of like him: http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123120/2567903-sw_darth_maul.jpg

Not a Sith, but otherwise looks like that.

Both H 1 and H 2 (hell hounds) J-13/14 both on defensive waiting for you to to them.

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlMQgZhwmEgTdGdmS2RENEkzVzZRaFFPYUxzMkllZ Wc#gid=0

Round 2 Initiative:

Ariya 17
Tobias 17
Hunters 17
Nightsky 14
Alta 13
Darian 12
B'dar 11
Uth-gar 8
Hell hound 8

This time we attempt to go in order, but if nothing changes you can post

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-13, 11:17 PM
Darian Moves quickly to 14,G and launchs a Spear of Purity at H2, knowing it to be an evil outsider and that it would likely do more damage to it. "Eat this Hellspawn. B'dar, when was the last time we were ambushed like this? It had to be ages ago!" He starts to laugh.
Ranged Attack:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]
Knowledge (History):
[roll2]
To see if this area has a history of monsters like these.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-13, 11:21 PM
No, the creatures are not known to live here as they live in the lower planes. The region has had goblinoid troubles, but not outsiders.

shugyosha
2012-09-13, 11:42 PM
Ariya

Ariya does a butterfly kick over the prone body and gracefully cartwheels through the underbrush. With her weapon glowing with arcane power she brings it down on the hunter.

Move to H15
power attack and combat expertise (AC 18) and Arcane Strike
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage
[roll2] crit
[roll3] crit damage

Starbuck_II
2012-09-13, 11:54 PM
(I assume you meant H-16)

The Hunter wasn't expecting you to move by him, attempts to block your weapon, but you slice through him.

Novawurmson
2012-09-14, 12:41 AM
B'dar looks a little surprised, but impressed at the dog's bravery and apparent hatred of the hobgoblins. Satisfied that the beast [edit: Meaning the hobgoblin] won't be getting up without severe bite marks, he moves to protect the scholar.

"Too long, my friend, too long. I think ye might have gotten a wee bit rusty," he teases Darian.

He takes a deep breath and shouts in Goblin: "Yer fathers were swill-eaters and they paid yer mothers wit' the same!"

Assuming there's nobody in it, B'dar moves up to H13 and strikes the hellhound; power attacking. If that particular square is filled, his goal is to physically block the enemy from getting to Tobias as best he can.

attack roll [roll0]
Crit confirmation [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-14, 01:29 AM
"Perhaps I have, never did have great aim in the first place but that was sad, well least we have your thick hide to blunt their teeth on. Darian brushs his hair back while he smiles, revealing his milky eyes completely.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-14, 09:39 AM
Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6MYLtqL9T8
Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlMQgZhwmEgTdGdmS2RENEkzVzZRaFFPYUxzMkllZ Wc#gid=0

R1 smiles as he strikes at the coyote while it was watching the others fight, but misses horribly as it was prone.

The hunters strike back: (A1) shoots another arrow at Alta. This arrow doesn't even need to ricochet, hitting Alta in the side for (4 lethal).

The other hunter (A2) shoots a shot at Darian, it hits him in the side (1 lethal) then ricochets at Ariya (1 lethal).

Iniative:
Tobias, Alra, Nightsky up

Tobias 17
Nightsky 14
Alta 13
Uth-gar 8
Hell hound 8

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-14, 05:30 PM
Alta recoils slightly from the arrows, but soon recovers her balance and keeps pursuing the hobgoblin archer. "You'll need bigger arrows for that," she responds to the archer's taunt, but her voice can not completely mask the fact that the arrow wounds are painful.

She raises her blade yet again for a strike, but before she brings it down with force, she has already started to make arcane gestures with her free hand and chant in Draconic.

Free action: Step 5ft to I8
Full action: Use Spell Combat to cast shield and attack.
Ice Damage: [roll2]
Crit Check: [roll3]
Crit Damage: [roll4]
Crit Ice: [roll5]

Since shields add AC, not DR, I guess the spell "shield" adds to AC too. If it is so, she will have AC 20 for the next 50 rounds.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-14, 05:56 PM

Alta's magic blade slices into the hunter, but the hob-man doesn't die, but he starts shivering after the cold hits him. "I'll get you yet, flesh bag"

Round 2 Iniative:
Tobias, Nightsky up

Tobias 17
Nightsky 14
Uth-gar 8
Hell hound 8

Wyntonian
2012-09-14, 10:11 PM
Tobias kicks at his unconscious attacker ineffectually and leaps to the side, bringing the head of his cane down on the tripped creature's chest. His eyes glint savagely. "Glory comes not from falling, but rising every time we fall!", he cackles.

Move to E-11, Standard to attack with my Bonded cane.

Yay strength penalties! And melee wizards that shouldn't be! If this goes south, I'll scoot away and use of of my defensive buffs.

Also, for future reference, who like to be enlarged? and blurred?

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-14, 10:21 PM
Nightsky continues to maul the hobgoblin, its struggles to dislodge him only increasing its agony. Grimacing at the bitter taste of its blood, he clamps his fangs down into its windpipe and twists upward with a sickening snap, aiming to tear it from its throat and finish the job. He wastes no pity on the creature, knowing full well what it would have done with him had it found him a helpless innocent. Milani will forgive him. This is not the best way to die, but is still better than what it deserves.

Standard Action:
Prone opponent (-4 opposing AC).

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-14, 10:34 PM
DM:Sorry, didn't notice I had a flanking bonus.

Precision damage: [roll0]

Starbuck_II
2012-09-15, 12:56 AM
Tobias didn't realize the man (R1) while down was not out and Tobias was tripped by the proned hob-man. Even with Tobias extra hit (AoO) while guard down did little to deter the plan (1 nonlethal to R1). But he paid for it by being killed by having its throat eaten by a coyote.
(I moved you to E -9, 5 t step, so you are flanking, since Tobias said E-11 not D-11, and to flank you had be across from each other. Without sneak attack, you couldn't get through armor so I assumed you wanted to actually hurt the dude).

The hell hound (H2) inches forward (5 ft step) to I-14 then breathes a noxious naplam like substance burning all in a 10 ft area forward (both Darian and B'dar in area).
The hell Hound (H1) inches to I-12 (5 step) then breathes a noxious naplam like substance burning all in a 10 ft area forward (both Darian and B'dar in area).
The corpse of R3 sizzles in the heat. The smell revolting, but doesn't deter your fighting ability (no sicken status, but rotten garbage smell in that spot).

Uth-gar, the two flamed pole-like object user, moves to J-14 cautiously.

Darian and B'dar make 2 Reflex 1/2 save DC 16, damage if fail 1st: 9, 2nd: 6.
Remember, if you roll a Nat 1 you can catch on fire (unlikely, but just a note).

Round 3 Iniative:
PC team up

After you go then:
Enemy team

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-15, 01:28 AM
Darian feels the flames and sees B'dar get hit with them too, he punchs himself mentally as he realizes that attacking with his sword would probably have kept his friend from harm.

Angrily he rushes to the hellhound and slashs at it.Darian's mouth twitchs to a smile if he feels his blade sink in, reveling at the hit, but awaiting in even more anticipation for what would come next, once the harming energy channels through him, he shivers with delight.

[roll0] Ref 1
[roll1]Ref 2
[roll2]attack
[roll3]damage
[roll4]Vicious damage
[roll5]Vicious to self

Novawurmson
2012-09-15, 08:47 AM
B'dar stifles a cry of pain as the fire burns into his flesh.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Gah. I don't even get my racial bonus against spells and SLAs.

Edit: 1 save, one fail. 15 damage.

The dwarf backs up to firmer positioning, then tries to cleave the beast in half.

5ft. shift to G13. Power Attacking.
Attack Roll: [roll2]
Crit. Confirm: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

shugyosha
2012-09-15, 09:36 AM
Ariya

Seeing the hellish beast blow smoke and fire Ariya decides it is time for a little caution. She spins in place, winding up her energy.

Casting Allegro (essentially self-only Haste)

Starbuck_II
2012-09-15, 09:57 AM
B'dar takes 10, first save was 18, so you made it. Darian took 12, 1st save was a fail, then vicious 2 makes it 14. Sadly hell hounds have to wait a few rounds like dragons to breathe again

The hell hound (H2) fell to the dual blows you both dished out, the other injured one growls.

Round 3 Still PC's turn

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-15, 10:01 AM
Tossing the bloody trachea aside, Nightsky turns to assess where he can be of most use. The others seem to be holding their own for now. He spots the hobgoblin lying behind Darian, looking only unconscious, threatening the wizard should it awaken. Without further deliberation, he leaps off of his previous opponent's chest and unceremoniously bites to finish it off as the last.

Move Action:
To F13.
Standard Action:
Sneak attack on R2.
Channeling Strike.
Opponent prone and helpless (Dexterity 0).
Precision damage: [roll2]
Holy damage: [roll3] (Will halves, DC 12)

Starbuck_II
2012-09-15, 11:28 AM
While breathing heavily, the sleeping creature still lives.

Without a high roll you don't deal much it seems, holy gets through DR (it bypasses but only 1 dam rolled), but sneak attack is added to bite for getting through DR amount. You might want to Coup De Grace next round if you want to kill them (fort save or die besides fact that it is a crit). The hobgoblin-looking creature has chain mail so hard to hurt.
Either that or go after the weaker DR fellows like the Hunters, they wear studded leather.

Round 3 PC turn still up:

Wyntonian
2012-09-15, 12:18 PM
Tobias rises, doffs his hat, and bows to his worthy opponent, and causally flips the tip of his cane to his shoulder. He turns, appraising, and points at B'dar. "Hm. Yes. Too many lines and points. Objectivity is overrated, nuncle." He flourishes the solid oak, as a mistlike substance congeals around it. He jabs the tip at B'dar as he fights, sending the puff of smoke darting to embrace the warrior's arms and torso.

Move to get up, standard to cast blur on B'dar. 20% miss chance, negated by True Seeing.

Also, I got a chance to say Nuncle in-character. Woo!

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-15, 01:59 PM
Alta continues her assault at the archer, growing annoyed by the hobgoblins resistance. "Just die already, and spare me your pathetic threats." She takes a look back and notices that one of the hellhounds has already fallen. "I did not enchant my sword for weaklings like you!"

She strikes in a diagonal manner, hoping that this attack would be the last.

Cold Damage: [roll2]

Starbuck_II
2012-09-15, 04:29 PM
Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j67ydEXDiIY&feature=related

At first, it seemed like the attack did nothing to (A1), he yells," your skull would have made a great cup too..."" The hunter falls as the slices freezes the hunter whole then the two sides ofthe hunter slide in half.

Uth-gar yells, "Now, the rest of the group emerge. Drive them back, we shall not fall, for we are the Doom!" Then downs a potion and then imitating that he wants you to come to him then 5 ft streps back.

The hunter (A3) fires a shot at Ariya, but the armor reduces it (1 nonlethal). then moves away (P-10)
Another of the humanoid creatures wearing a robe and a sash runs around the bend (R-14).
The hell hound bites at B'dar, but due to the blur effect misses.
Also 4 more of the men appear around the bend of the forest armed with long bows (Q/T, 14-15).

Turn 4 PCs turn:

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-15, 05:19 PM
Growling at the tenacity of his victim, Nightsky administers a coup de gras:

Full-Round Action
Automatic hit and critical.
Channeling strike.
Bite damage: [roll0] x2
Precision damage: [roll1]
Holy damage: [roll2]
Fortitude save (DC 10 + damage), failure results in death.

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-15, 06:16 PM
Darian realizing the shape he's in backs up(5-foot step to the left of map.) then his hand glows across his chest, he looks to the creature that seems to be giving the orders, barely focusing as he feels the pain ebb from him and his wound stitch together, raising his sword at the leading creature "Your next."

Cure moderate wounds
[roll0]
Come on full heal:smallcool:

Novawurmson
2012-09-15, 06:35 PM
"Right ye are, Darian. Someone take care o' this one, I'm goin' for the leader! Atorkin, sate your thirst!"

Five foot step to I-13. Power Attacking Uthgar.

AR: [roll0]
CC: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
I'm assuming Uthgar is a goblinoid. If not, reduce the attack roll and crit confirmation roll by 1.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-15, 07:00 PM
Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j67ydEXDiIY&feature=related

Nightsky mortally wounds the unconscious one (R2).

Uth-gar is unhappy that he loses so much blood, but the doesn't go down yet.

Turn 4 PCs turn:

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-15, 08:12 PM
Pleased to have finally dispatched the annoying archer, Alta turns around to face the main battlefield, and is displeased to see that both of the hellhounds are already dead. She had wished to fight one so much, but instead she had found herself dealing with some puny goblinoid. Well, that guy with the pole will have to suffice.

She charges towards the pole-wielding man, and strikes.

No, she's not really charging, but it sounds better than "leisurely jogs". :smallbiggrin:
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Ice Damage:[roll2]

Starbuck_II
2012-09-15, 08:45 PM
(H1 isn't killed BTW)
Alta's strikes hit true, wounding the fire wielder, but other than coughing a little blood Uth-gar doesn't look too bad. But Alta didn't figure defending her guard while "charging" (AOO) over there and is slashed across the chest (4 fire).

Turn 4 PCs turn:

shugyosha
2012-09-15, 10:05 PM
Ariya

With her body coiled like a spring she leaps forward, skipping past a few trees to lend a hand to her companion.

move K15
power attack, combat expertise, Battle Dance, Arcane Strike, flanking, allergro
AC18
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage
[roll2] crit (18-20)
[roll3] crit damage

Wyntonian
2012-09-15, 10:16 PM
Tobias collapses to the ground, clutching his chest. As he falls, he whispers a short poem, his eyes half-closed.

Down the road (Z-ish), a thundering of hooves heralds someone coming. A tall, noble-looking man in gleaming steel armor on a white horse sounds a gold-strapped horn. "Avault! For Iomedae! For the unconquerable Light!" He cries in a voice like a choir of trumpets. Clods of dirt fly up from his steed's feet as he levels a long lance, the gold-embroidered pennant cracking in the wind. "Take heart if yours be pure! Flee, evildoers! Avault!"

If there's an arrow nearby, I'll clutch that to my chest. I'm "wounded". If you want a bluff check, lemme know. Also, I'm not above putting some of R3's blood on my chin and chest, like I'm bleeding and coughed it up, if I have the action to do so and I can find an arrow.

Casting Major Image (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/major-image) to make a paladin on a fancy horse. He'll end his movement at about Z-14, with his lance leveled and looking all scary-like. I like major image!

Starbuck_II
2012-09-16, 10:21 AM
The hobgoblin soldiers (R4 and R5) move forward (M 13/15 respectively), drop their long bow as they draw their longsword and don their shield.
While (R6/7) the othe two fire long bow shots at Darian (3 lethal, 1 nonlethal) pentrate his armor to different degrees.

The hunter (A2) gets in the archery action firing at Darian (1 nonlethal), but bounces off to hit Nightsky entering his fur (6 lethal).

Uth-gar smiles as he is surrounded and flurries his pole at each of his flankers, blood dripping out his mouth. He cuts deeply into Alta, burning his chest with the pole (10 fire), but Ariya ducks nder the blow with his super speed and haste. Uth-gar stance is a little wobbly, but he moves 5 feet backward (L-14).
Suddenly a bloated creature materializes in O-13, it yells in fury before releasing a gas in I-13, it smells like rotten eggs (Fort negate DC 13). Like a deep fog, it lowers vision through it.

You can't see what else the enemy does through the fog. B'dar may make a AOO while the hell hound attempts to retreat (it has 20% concealment though, roll for miss chance as well).

You can spellcraft the creature materializing and the fog effect.
Everyone inside must roll a Fort save Negate each round inside. Failure means you are nausated.
Inside you are blind, except Alta and Ariya can see 5 feet in front of them so they see Uth-gar (though each has concealment to each other).

Turn 5 PCs turn:

Novawurmson
2012-09-16, 11:18 AM
"Oh, no ye don'!" B'dar shouts as the hellhound attempts to retreat.

Attack of Opportunity. Not power-attacking. Concealment was rolled in OOC

Not checking to see if the creature is dead, he rushes past it and through the fog.

"Hah! You've breathed your last, goblin! E'ryone, ATTACK!"

Move action to move J13->K12->L12, possible provoking an AoO from the hellhound. Random, but B'dar's speed boost ran out a few turns ago, so he's back to 20 feet of movement.

Standard action, trip attempt on Uthgar (with a +1 from Hatred).

[roll3]

Starbuck_II
2012-09-16, 11:30 AM
The hell hound falls and collapses as it tries to flee (dead).

B'dar halbred reaches underneath Uth-gar and he is knocked prone (you just made trip).

Turn 5 PCs turn:

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-16, 12:00 PM
Alta can barely keep her last meal inside her as the putrefying smell causes her to recoil. Seeking to escape the terrible smoke, but not wanting to charge towards her enemies when not even able to walk straight, she takes refuge in the light undergrowth just outside the gas cloud.

"You can attack. I'll-" She is not able to finish as the nausea overcomes her.

Move to L9.
Nausea Duration: [roll0]

shugyosha
2012-09-16, 06:42 PM
Ariya

She was lucky enough to be exhaling when the cloud formed. She held her breath and moved with the large man with fiery poles. With her enhanced speed she spins her blade at him.

5 foot step to L15
power attack, combat expertise, Battle Dance, Arcane Strike, flanking, allergro
AC18
attacking Uthgar
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage
[roll2] crit (18-20)
[roll3] crit damage
if Uthgar is is up continue attacking him if not R5
[roll4] to hit
[roll5] damage
[roll6] crit (18-20)
[roll7] crit damage

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-16, 09:23 PM
Nightsky does his best to stifle a yelp as the goblin's arrow rips into his side. Rolling with the impact, he quickly bites at the missile and tears it out, tossing it away and casting his gaze toward the continuing melee.

This fight is dragging on a bit long. Maybe he can help to bring it to a swifter end.

Stilling himself for a moment, he turns his thoughts inward and seeks a connection with the divine. A small but noticeable trickle of energy wells up in the hearts of each of the party members. Then, ignoring the lingering pain, he leaps forward into the cloud of smoke obscuring the battle.

Standard Action:
Channel energy.
Tobias, Darian, Ariya, Alta, B'dar and Nightsky himself are healed for a small amount of HP: [roll0]
Move action:
To L11.

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-16, 09:27 PM
If Uthgar is dead:
Darian hears Uthgar cry out and decides he should try a different foe and heads to 13, L attacking the monster at 13,M with his scimitar.
[roll0]Attack
[roll1]Damage
[roll2] vicious damage
[roll3]Damage to self
crit:
[roll4]attack comfirm
[roll5]DamageIf uthgar isn't:
Darian doesn't hear a scream of death form the leading creature, and rushes forward slashing at the foe"Ha, this one shall die by my blade today B'dar!":
[roll6]Attack
[roll7]Damage
[roll8] vicious damage
[roll9]Damage to self
crit:
[roll10]attack comfirm
[roll11]Damage

Fort:
[roll12]

Starbuck_II
2012-09-16, 10:17 PM
Ariya's blade swings true, it seems at first that she missed., "Hah, that the best you can do", Uth-gar smiles before his head rolls ftrom his body.

The hobgoblin (R-5) growls as she strikes at him next, but he stands firm.

Darian's blade hurts the hobgoblin (R-4), but he blocks most with his armor though you can see he felt pain.

Turn 5 PCs turn (Tobias left before enemies):

Wyntonian
2012-09-16, 10:43 PM
Tobias subtly scoots out of the fog, coughing and clutching his chest. He then returns to his concentration on the paladin-shape, directing it with his thoughts.

The illusions responds to his mental commands, leveling its lance at the archer and charging. "For Iomedae!" the figment cries, its voice and thundering hooves promising as quick and painful death.

Move to e-12, Standard to concentrate, directing a big scary paladin on a horse to charge at A2. If he (A2) doesn't move out of the way, my paladin will miss deliberately and continue to M-10 and cast aside his lance.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-17, 10:14 AM
The hunter (A2) scurries away to Q-13 in terror at being charged, firing off a shot at the paladin, but due to failing will save believes Paladin still exists his armor just protected him.

The hobgoblin soldiers strike (R4) strikes at Darian, but his armor blocks most of damage (1 nonlethal) then 5 ft steps at M-12.

The other one (R5) strikes at strikes Ariya but his armor also protects him (1 nonlethal). The longbow hobgoblins fire at the Paladin, one of which know the Paladin isn't real (passing save, Nat 18).

The dretch uses it Cause Fear effect (DC 11) on B'dar, yelling, "Fear Me!" at him.

Suddenly a flaming sphere appears at L-13 (Darian roll Reflex Negate DC 14 or take 3d6 fire damage) while ending his invisibility a Hobgoblin appears at R-13. He laughs, "You shall burn little one".

The monk-like Hobgoblin (Fist) fires a greasy substance at B'dar (wielding his axe requires a Reflex negate Dc 12 each round or drop the axe). He notes you deal far too much carnage when you hit.

Fail Cause fear and you are frightened, succeed you are shaken 1 rd.
Due to fact that one succeeded, the others get +4 save when interacting with the Paladin.
Also everyone still in the cloud needs a Fort save or nauseate condition DC 13.

Turn 6 PCs turn:

Novawurmson
2012-09-17, 11:24 AM
"Enemy magic support dead ahead! Aggressive formations, dwarves! Form ranks an' CHARGE!" B'dar shouts, slipping into his "officer" voice as his battle-fervor takes hold. Heedless of the lines of foes in-between him and his target, he rushes to strike down the newly-revealed enemy.

Move action: M11->N11->O11->P12, possibly provoking multiple attacks of opportunity from R4 if he has Combat Reflexes. Hopefully Blur will help...

Power Attacking "Zul"; assuming he's a hobgoblin like the rest.
AR:
Damage: [roll]3d6+17/

Edit: Yay, I fail at formatting. Damage rolled in OOC thread, total of 28.

Deleted a post because it was worthless and cluttering up the thread. For the sake of future generations, it has been preserved here:

Aaaaand messed up my damage roll.

[roll0]

Edit: Can anyone actually see what my roll is?

Edit: Aaaand messed up again because I posted before the 60 second gap between posts hadn't run out yet. Damage is 28, as rolled in the OOC thread.

shugyosha
2012-09-17, 11:55 AM
Ariya

The blow doesn't even seem to phase Ariya as she continues her dance of death. Swing her blade quickly she attacks the hobgoblin in front of her.

power attack, combat expertise, Battle Dance, Arcane Strike, allergro
AC19 (forgot to add allegro's AC bonus last time)
Attacking
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage
[roll2] crit (18-20)
[roll3] crit damage
if R5 is dead move to N15. If not continue attacking it (second attack from allegro)
[roll4] to hit
[roll5] damage
[roll6] crit (18-20)
[roll7] crit damage

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-17, 12:10 PM
Nightsky's leap carries him out of the cloud and he lands in the brush next to Alta, still luminescing faintly with divine energy. The coyote doesn't try to act less intelligent than he is, and the light of reason is fairly easy to see in his eyes as he calmly places a paw to the warrior's shoulder and opens a connection with the eternal.

Move Action:
5-foot step to L-10.
Standard Action:
Casting cure moderate wounds.
Healing for [roll0].

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-17, 12:45 PM
Uh, her shoulder? Either Nightsky is a lot larger than your average coyote or you have misunderstood something. She's not prone, just vomiting. :smalltongue: I'll just make the assumption that he is just putting his paw somewhere else.

Being so nauseated that she barely notices the coyote touching her, she does not even realize that her wounds started to close by itself, much less that the canine is showing more intelligence than normal.

"Ungh... I'm fine, little guy, go help the others," she says, burning with shame that the little coyote was probably being more useful in the battle than her.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-17, 01:01 PM
B'dar moves by R4 ignoring his threat who manages to hit a hit in (1 nonlethal). The blow to Zul, hurt badly, but the hobgoblin was not yet dead," he spits out blood, "I'll eat the marrow in your bones after supper".

R5 was not able to stop the advances of Ariya and falls before his onslaught.

Turn 6 PCs turn (Darian and Tobias's turn):

Novawurmson
2012-09-17, 01:21 PM
Damage noted on character sheet.

"Hah," retorts the dwarf with a grim smile. "Your taunts are weak, and your blows are weaker!"

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-17, 03:54 PM
Darian sees his blade doing less damage then needed and feels sad "Ha, I just can't hurt'em like B'dar." he mumbles under his breath.

Then he moves forward to 13,N trying to get out of the cloud, seeing the creature that made it he moves to kill it, he also looks to see B'dar having a lot of spells aimed at him, "Need any help B'dar? Maybe some healing?"

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-17, 03:57 PM
Forgot rolls:smallredface:
[roll0]attack
[roll1]damage
[roll2]damage.V
[roll3]damage.s
Crit:
[roll4]
[roll5]

Starbuck_II
2012-09-17, 04:13 PM
Darian cuts into the Dretch, but doesn't kill the beast. It roars in anger.

Turn 6 PCs turn (Tobias's turn):

Novawurmson
2012-09-17, 04:41 PM
"The way things are goin', I could fight all day. Jus' make sure you can keep up!"

Wyntonian
2012-09-17, 10:35 PM
Tobias remains still, his tweed fedora on the ground beside him.

In response to his silent ques, his "paladin" wheels, casting his lance to the ground and sweeping out a glittering sword. The man rides past the demon, A2 and the unarmed warrior, striking at them as he passes. If he misses, it is not for lack of effort or for want of enthusiasm.

He ends his ride at S16, having valiantly assaulted three opponents and having valiantly missed them all.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-18, 10:03 AM
The Paladin rides past A2 easily, but while leaving the unarmed warrior's square, the warrior punches the paladin (making his save) and notices it is a illusion,"It isn't real, ignore it," trhe unarmed warrior yells.

R4 charges B'dar, striking him criticaly, cutting through armor deep into B'dar (5 lethal).
R6 strikes at Darian (1 lethal), cutting into his side. While his ally R7, strikes at Ariya but missing badly.

The dretch claws up Darian and bitting him (3 nonlethal), but while sore, no blood is spilled.

The monk rushes at B'dar, causing him with a punch serious blow (8 lethal/1 negative/4 cold), with a surge you feel cold and wounded. The monk laughs, "You will not stop the Red Hand of Doom."

The hunter (A2) ignores B'dar's close presence and fires at Nightsky (4 lethal) that ricochets into Alta but Alta dodges it.

Zul runs away to R-17, "Deal with them, Doom Fist, I need to drink my healing potion." Then sends his flaming sphere at Darian with a gesture.

B'dar needs a Fort save 14 vs Stunning Fist and a spell touch effect DC 13 Fort partial, either way he took the 1d6 negative, rolled a 1. Failure means 1 str damage as well.
Remember, B'dar needs a save vs grease (DC 12 reflex) to swing his axe each round.
Darian needs another DC 14 reflex Negate or 3d6 fire.

B'dar may make an AoO versus the hunter A2 or the Monk. If he kills the hunter then Nightsky doesn't take the 4 damage.

Turn 7 Parties turn:

Novawurmson
2012-09-18, 11:10 AM
B'dar readies himself.

"Comin' at me with no weapon? Well, aren't ye a brave one?" he sneers.

He pulls his axe back to split the hobgoblin's head open with a single blow, then swings hard. A sick knot build in his stomach as the axe slips from his fingers and onto the dusty road.

In shock, he brings up an arm to block the creature's savage fist, but the blow hits him square in the jaw. He stands in bewilderment as the numb burning of frostbite eats at his face.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-18, 11:12 AM
Nightsky gave the magus a skeptical look but did as he was told, returning his attention to the battle.

Before he can get far from the main road, Zul comes face to face with a snarling canine, its jaws still red with the blood of his former minions. Though the nick from the arrow was painful, it wasn't enough to deter the coyote from charging across the path when he saw the spellcaster trying to get away, intent on heading him off.

Going somewhere? He almost wishes he could speak as he feels the charge building within him.

Move Action:
To Q19
Standard Action:
Casting admonishing ray.
Ranged touch attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] nonlethal

Edit: +1 to attack and damage (Point Blank Shot).

shugyosha
2012-09-18, 12:05 PM
Ariya

The young woman begins to whistle the dervish tune playing in her head as she spins again and again, leaving the fury of her steel in it's wake.

AC19
Attacking
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage
[roll2] crit (18-20)
[roll3] crit damage
if R6 is dead attack R7. If not continue attacking R6 (second attack from allegro)
[roll4] to hit
[roll5] damage
[roll6] crit (18-20)
[roll7] crit damage

Starbuck_II
2012-09-18, 12:24 PM
Nightsky barely hitting Zul as he ducks and smiles faintly before replying, "Look we can talk about this... coyote", before passing out.

R6 managed to block the first blow from the Dancer, but the repeated slashes got through and took him down.

I didn't expect Stunning Fist to work :smallbiggrin:
Sadly Ariya 1st attack was a nat one (otherwise would have hit).

I'll note since you guys know the Dretch is a summoned monster the stinking cloud goes away if he is defeated, not that it matters now that you are away from it.

Originally, I had more regulars (the guys with long sword and shield), but I removed them and added the unarmed dude when I realized they couldn't get pass most DR. Who knew Monk/magus was a good combo.

Round 7 Parties Turn (Alta, Darian, Tobias turn)

shugyosha
2012-09-18, 12:32 PM
Ariya

As his partner slumps lifelessly to the ground Ariya smiles at the hobgoblin in front of her. Her smile says it all...you're next

a natural 1 was bound to happen with 3 natural 20's in this fight so far.

at least Darian isn't flanked.

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-18, 02:17 PM
Darian looks over to see B'dar getting hit "I'm coming friend!" then attacking the drench again.

[roll0]attack
[roll1]damage
[roll2]damage.v
[roll3]damage.s
[roll4]Reflex save
Critical:
[roll5]attack
[roll6]damage

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-18, 02:20 PM
In spite of her condition, Alta manages to dodge the ricocheting shot. What kind of arrows they are using? Normal arrows do not bounce off fur or flesh.

Being defenseless, she moves a little further to the woods, hoping that the vegetation would provide her with cover.

Moving to L7.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-18, 02:31 PM
Nightsky coughs up a little blood, but tries to stay focused as the spellcaster falls to the ground. He is still panting heavily from the heat, and the arrow wounds don't help much.

Knowledge checks, if applicable, to see if I can glean anything particular from Zul's appearance now that he's not moving:

Geography: [roll0]
Local: [roll1]
Religion: [roll2]

Starbuck_II
2012-09-18, 03:30 PM
The dretch falls, it hisses as its body disintegrates, returning to the lower planes.
The feeling of nausea removes itself from Alta, her sickness removes as if never there. The stinking cloud also disappears.

You recognize the symbol of tiamat on the necklace around Zul's neck.
And a strange symbol on her armor is more noticable this close.
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/rhod_gallery/95863.jpg

But you don't know what it means, but you feel that is isn't good.

Round 7 Parties Turn (Alta [have a standard action left], Tobias turn)

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-18, 06:37 PM
Her nausea suddenly gone, Alta joins the fight with newfound anger. They thought they could just summon Dretches all over the place? Well, they'll see soon what happens to those who anger her.

Stepping again out of the undergrowth, she raises her hand towards the robed figure and... Curses as she remembers that she had not prepared any combat spells that morning. Instead, she apporaches a more nearby hobgoblin and strikes with the force of all her anger and frustration.

Move to L11, and slice&dice R4.
Cold: [roll2]

Wyntonian
2012-09-18, 08:26 PM
Tobias leaps to his feet, snatching up his hat and cane, and races over to rejoin his companions, brandishing the wooden shaft.

Move to K-12

Starbuck_II
2012-09-18, 10:20 PM
Alta's attack slices the hobgoblin regular in half as if with ease.

R7 strikes at Ariya defensively as his alies have fallen, slicing into her (2 damage).

A2 5 ft steps back and fires on B'dar (1 nonlethal).

The Fist uses Spell combat/strike to pummel B'dar twice, one is a trip (24 trip, second is actual attack (because one has to be an attack). He pushes into your chest, knocking you down (prone). Then his freezing fist strikes again, chilling you to the bone (7 lethal, you take 1 cold, also Fort save DC 13 Partial, succeed 1d6 negative energy, fail: 1 str). He marks a symbol on your forehead that reads, "I'm a baby" in goblinoid. He then 5 ft steps to P-14. He looks over at Ariya and says, "You are next, Girl!"

Darian should have moved...on his turn, he needs to roll another reflex as flaming sphere hadn't moved either DC 14 reflex negate.

Due to Stalwart, I have to mention save and add after fail since Chill Touch can be blocked totally.

Fist has no DR so you only have to deal with his good Defense score. Too bad none of you cast dispel magic, Shield is a great buff.

Edit: Map https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlMQgZhwmEgTdGdmS2RENEkzVzZRaFFPYUxzMkllZ Wc#gid=0
Round 8 Players Turn:

Novawurmson
2012-09-18, 10:33 PM
B'dar takes a deep breath and steadies himself. Calm. Peace. Perfection. This weak one should not shake him, cannot shake him.

He stoops down and picks up Atorkin as if he has all the time in the world. Gripping it firmly this time, he swings as hard as he can at the hobgoblin.

"Bad move."

Move action, pick up weapon; standard action, power attack. Also, did you include blur in both attacks? I forget almost every time when I'm DMing :P

Wyntonian
2012-09-18, 10:35 PM
With another twirl of his cane, Tobias calls up a small fluttering shadow, like a bat made of a scrap of black silk. He chitters at it, a high, squeaking noise, before pointing at the unarmed goblinoid. With a chittering response, the little shadow darts forward and splits into a cloud of black razors, abrading away the enchantments woven around the warrior.

Casting Dispel Magic. Dispel check: [roll0] against a DC of 11 + caster level.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-18, 10:43 PM
B'dar strikes too high as Fist ducks, "Hah, you'll have to do better than that. I'm focusing on your ally now, leave me be, fly"

Right after that a spell was dispelled from Fist, " Now, you be the third after after I finish with her" looking at Ariya. "You archer, get out of here, warn the Horde, we have trouble makers" he says at A2.

Edit: Map https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlMQgZhwmEgTdGdmS2RENEkzVzZRaFFPYUxzMkllZ Wc#gid=0
Round 8 Players Turn:

shugyosha
2012-09-18, 11:15 PM
Ariya

"Alta get the archer!" Ariya yells.

She was actually surprised that the hobgoblin touched much less actually drew blood. Ariya's eyes flared, at the Fist. His challenge was too inviting for her to ignore.

"Let's dance..."

5ft step to 014
AC19
Attacking Fist
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage
[roll2] crit (18-20)
[roll3] crit damage
If Fist is dead then she will take care of the other Hobgoblin if not she will wail on the Fist.
[roll4] to hit
[roll5] damage
[roll6] crit (18-20)
[roll7] crit damage

Starbuck_II
2012-09-18, 11:39 PM
The Fist is slashed up, he doesn't go down, he is wobbly. barely standing. "Okay, I'll retreat, you may pass without a toll,"

Map https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlMQgZhwmEgTdGdmS2RENEkzVzZRaFFPYUxzMkllZ Wc#gid=0
Round 8 Players Turn (Nightsky, Alta, Darian):

If not for the dispel, you would have missed 1st time, and he would have lived, goodbye Fist...

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-18, 11:51 PM
Darian looks towards the archer at the call of the unarmed leader, "No you don't!kill the unarmed one I'll try to capture this archer!" then he charges at the Archer, attacking with the back of his sword.
Attacking for non-lethal damage
[roll0]attack
[roll1]damage
[roll2]Damage.v
[roll3]Damage.s
Critical:
[roll4]confirm
[roll5]damage
Reflex:
[roll6]

Starbuck_II
2012-09-19, 09:08 AM
The archer goes down, drool falling out of his mouth as he falls.

Only one left is the Fist who want peace... and R7 who is still fighting.

Map https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlMQgZhwmEgTdGdmS2RENEkzVzZRaFFPYUxzMkllZ Wc#gid=0
Round 8 Players Turn (Nightsky, Alta):

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-19, 12:59 PM
Nightsky stared long and hard at the prone body of the spellcaster. He had shifted into his hybrid form, and in addition to the heat, exertion and blood loss, was already feeling the sickness that always accompanied such a change. His wounds had shifted with him, and blood trickled down from somewhere within his coat.

He had a decision to make. In his newly formed hand was the heavy pistol blessed for him by the archpriests of Milani, a silver pendant of the goddess hanging from its twin barrels. Quietly, he pulled the hammer back and looked down the barrel at the unconscious goblin.

The others might want to take this one alive. He seemed to be a leader, after all. He might have valuable information. And he was, for the moment at least, defenseless. Milani taught that even in the darkest of hearts, there could be found a sliver of hope for salvation.

But there was the hateful star of Tiamat glaring up at him from the creature's throat, as if mocking such notions of mercy, promising to repay them only in blood.

If delivered to the townsfolk nearby, the fate of this goblin would certainly be less merciful than a quick death. And if he should somehow escape, or be released by the others, he would continue to murder the innocent, and the blood of each of his future victims would be on the hands of he who let him live.

Surely he couldn't let that happen. There was only one choice to make.

Shaking, he closed his eyes and murmured a prayer to the goddess, tightening his finger around the trigger. He felt the gun fire.

Two small craters lay next to the goblin's head, a deliberate miss.

Move Action:
Fast shapechange into hybrid form (will be sickened for 2 minutes), drawing pistol.
Standard Action:
Ranged touch attack on Zul.
Both barrels.
Sickened, point-blank shot, penalty for firing both at once.
Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-19, 02:41 PM
The battle being almost over, Alta walks next to the only hobgoblin with fighting spirit left, seeking to end the battle with her next strike. She accidentally steps on a few dead or unconcious hobgoblins in the way, but it doesn't bother her. After all, her boots were already bloody.

As she sends her blade into a lethal motion, she talks to the nearby hooded man in a manner a little too cheerful for someone who is trying to lop someone's head off. "So, if I understood correctly, you are surrending?"

Move to O14.
Attack R7.
Cold: [roll2]

Starbuck_II
2012-09-19, 03:51 PM
"Only if I will not be executed like the coyote man killed Zul." Fist, the monk said with anger in his voice. He might be disabled, but he could flee if worse came.
"I ask, you let me live and flee, I'll even answer and three questions truefully before I go."

(Hostilties are basically ended)

you may start looting.
Let me know of you are looting the bodies, searching the farm house, letting Fist live. If say looting the bodies I'll list what is found.

shugyosha
2012-09-19, 04:10 PM
Ariya

The woman's eyes dart in the direction of the dead caster. She tries to hide her surprise.

"Tobias, scan the area for anything magical."

Deftly she place the edge of her blade at Fist's neck and says. "We're going to question all those alive. If your stories don't match, you life is forfeit; if you lie I'll gut you myself. If your stories are truthful you'll be freed. Deal?"

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-19, 04:51 PM
Darian Walks over and whispers into ariya's ear so none of the enemies will hear "They all will die, we don't show mercy to them. They have already given us information, but once you get anything more, or they don't talk, kill them." his cold glare showing that if she doesn't he will.

Then he walks over to B'dar with a smile "Need some healing?"

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-19, 04:59 PM
Nightsky turns silently away from the goblin, his hands shaking as he opens the breech of the pistol and clumsily inserts a pair of fresh .75-caliber balls into the smoking cartridge. The weapon snaps closed again and he holds it for a moment in both hands. He starts to put it away, but thinks better and begins walking unsteadily toward the ruined farmhouse, feeling quite sick and dizzy.

Moving into the farmhouse, R29.

Novawurmson
2012-09-19, 05:10 PM
"Three questions, eh?" says B'dar, grumpy from exertion and from the shame of missing his last blow. "What are ye, some kind o' genie? No, ye'll be answerin' all the questions we've got ter ask unless ye want to be fed to our do-"

He turns and sees the half-coyote humanoid standing with a gun over a dead hobgoblin.

"Unless ye want to die."

[roll0] Intimidate check Edit: Hah! Natural 20 :D

"Wot? Oh, thank ye, Darian. I'm ashamed how poor m' skills have become."

Starbuck_II
2012-09-19, 05:12 PM
The Fist, frowns, " Why are you so untrusting? I wish only to leave. "

Nightsky sees three human bodies laying in front of the house. Two are wearing studded leather, light crossbows with 20 bolts, and longswords. The third has a money pouch on him. It seems like they were killed recently, it seems the hobgopblins didn't even bury the dead. Do you search the pouch?

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-19, 05:22 PM
That is quite enough. Added to the heat, the mental anguish, and the sickness from too-rapid shapeshifting, the sight of the piled corpses sends Nightsky over the limit and he is forced to double over against a ruined wall, vomiting profusely.

Novawurmson
2012-09-19, 05:26 PM
"Untrusting? No, no, no, you misunderstand me," B'dar says, grinning mischievously. "You see, fools who would attack the friends of an Oathbreaker end up dead quite quickly, making people like you a very rare commodity. You can understand why we'd want ter protect such a resource."

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-19, 06:11 PM
Darian takes a few seconds casting cure light wounds on B'dar twice, then walks over to the hobgoblin he knocked out placing the tip of his scimitar to it's neck, he shoves it into it's throat and takes off it's head. Then he falls to his knees as he feels the sword giving him pain.
Healing:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Coup de'grace
[roll2]Damage.N
[roll3]Damage.Crit
[roll4]Damage.V
[roll5]Damage.S

shugyosha
2012-09-19, 06:13 PM
Ariya

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!!" she screams at Darian. "We need to question them, you idiot!"

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-19, 06:18 PM
Darian turns "He's the leader, we only need him. Why should we let them live? Besides unless you have a spell to help they will only lie to you. And you promised that he would be freed you said nothing of his underlings." Then he turns back.

Novawurmson
2012-09-19, 06:28 PM
"Ter be fair, Darian, she did say we'd question all the livin' ones. On th' other hand, th' death of one murderin' bandit isn't somethin' I'll lose much sleep over."

shugyosha
2012-09-19, 06:28 PM
Ariya

"Are you really that stupid? I'm sure they will want to lie but that's why you question them independently. With three of them alive you have leverage!"

She turns to B'dar and says, "Secure the archer, make sure Mr psycho here doesn't try anything"

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-19, 06:38 PM
Darian this time walks up to Ariya, sheathing his sword and grabs her shoulder "It is not insane, miss, to kill those who would bring more to kill you! Whatever this red hand of doom is, one noted it was a horde, so unless you feel like dealing with enemies that may far out number us, by your self, I would expect you not to make promises that could be the doom of us!" as he yells his peace, a warm light radiates from his hand into Ariya.

[roll0] Healing.CLW

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-19, 06:39 PM
Having recovered somewhat, Nightsky finds his way back to the goblin and begins cautiously stripping him of weapons, scrolls, potions and other equipment. He still shakes a little, but not as badly as he did a moment ago. Focusing grimly on the task, he forces himself to remember that he is not a pup anymore. He is five years old, and an ordained servant of the Church. That title carries responsibilities over life and death that he is only now beginning to grasp.

He keeps the breech-loader trained on the caster's heart, wary of the slightest indication of movement.

Taking 10 on Perception, if possible, result 19. Otherwise: [roll0]
Readying an action to fire at the creature if it makes any overtly hostile movement.

Novawurmson
2012-09-19, 07:05 PM
"Now, jus' calm down everyone. We'll get the information we need out of this one. and then they'll be no need for for killin'. Besides, it's not good practice to let scouts and such escape."

B'dar strips the archer of anything of interest, then drags it over to where most of the party has gathered.

"We'll also need to talk to our 'stray.'"

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-19, 07:14 PM
Darian seems to calm quicker then his anger would lead to be believable "Well, I suppose we should at least hear what he has to say, Is he the only one left alive?" Looking around trying to see if their is any creature still moving. "We should tie up all the survivors, anyone have any rope?" then he falls on his back to the ground, his sword stops glowing and his armor dissappears quickly replaced by his black cloak, then he reachs over to place his hand on his chest as a brighter light flows from his hand into his chest.

[roll0]CMW

shugyosha
2012-09-19, 07:20 PM
Ariya

She slaps his hand away and says annoyed, "I don't need your healing." When Darian say something more rational she reaches in her bag and tosses him a rope. "Make yourself useful."

"Answer my questions and you will go free. First on should be easy, what magic gear do you have, including potions?"

Just a note, she'll take the healing, but she has to look tough.

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-19, 07:36 PM
Darian takes the rope and ties up the unarmed creature that Ariya's talking too, he makes sure that it can move unless the ropes somehow get cut/Untied. Then he moves to Alta, seeing she has a few cuts he touchs her arm to let the golden light heal her, unless she openly refuses it.

[roll0]

Then he moves to the strange wolfman who seems to be working about getting things from the monsters, "Need some help stranger? Where'd you come from?" While he says that he notices the blood on Nightsky and uses CLW on him too.

[roll1]

Starbuck_II
2012-09-19, 07:39 PM
The Fist is a little disturbed by your bloodlust talk, "We almost all carry healing potions, I have cast all the scrolls of my gear, I have my jeweled necklace and this potion left on me, besides my spelbook. I'd check Zul, he didn't use all of his scrolls yet I think. It might have helped if he used it. I rely on my own strength besides a few scrolls for variety."

You can attempt sense motive to confirm his truth. Assuming one of you knows the skill.

shugyosha
2012-09-19, 07:50 PM
Ariya

"Alta, scan him for magic and search him for anything else beside the necklace and potion. Take anything that looks valuable,"
she says to her friend.

"Next question, where is your camp?"

for speed I'm just going to list all her questions.

"How many of you are there?
How many casters do you have?
There names?
Who is your leader?
Is he a caster?
What are your standard deployment of sentries?
about how long before they start looking for you?

"

Starbuck_II
2012-09-19, 08:14 PM
"You humies can't count, I promised three, but sure, I'll answer more. My leader is Lord Koth, he casts the spells that make his foes fall down. Though, we usually only prey on caravans, merchants, and the like.
My base is in Vaarth Keep. There are a good number at our base, but this is not the true Red Hand; we are but a division. I know at base Koth's lieutenant is Karlilan, big like ogre, not as dumb though. Koth serves the Red Hand, I only know regional orders are given to Koth. More Warbands are reaving lands around the human river town, ferry something, to prepare for the Day of Ruin." He smiles as he recites that part.

He stops and sighs, "Is this enough? I've already revealed for too much, if somehow Koth is watching I could be killed for saying so much, let me go as you promised."

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-19, 08:20 PM
Darian smiles "Yes Ariya, you did promise him only for three questions, now release him, he gets to be free as you promised." Darian saying all this in a mocking tone, but he stands up and prepares to charge once the thing is free.

shugyosha
2012-09-19, 08:22 PM
Ariya

In a voice as hard as steel she says, "You are in no position to give demands. You didn't really answer my question. How many? 50,100, 200 men? Or don't know how to count?

I promised you'd be freed once I know you are telling the truth. I'm going to question our other captive. If he says the same thing you can leave, if he says something different we'll kill you."

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-19, 08:23 PM
"Been with you for a while, actually."

Nightsky manages a nervous smile, a potentially strange sight the first time one sees it. His tail even wags a little at the healing, although the continued talk about death leaves him on edge. Though in his hybrid form he is generally humanoid in shape, his appearance is still that of a coyote, and it's fairly easy to tell, up close, that he is the very same animal that has been traveling with the group of late.

He continues to search the goblin, his amber eyes emitting a soft glow as he works.

"I'm not very good at tying restraints," he suggests.

Casting detect magic.

Novawurmson
2012-09-19, 08:34 PM
"Hey everyone," B'dar says teasingly. "I got a riddle for ye. What's ugly and rude and has no bones unbroken?"

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-19, 08:42 PM
"Don't know , what is it? he says with a grin replying to b'dar.

Novawurmson
2012-09-19, 08:45 PM
"Uncooperative pris'ner."

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-19, 08:51 PM
"looks human enough, bet he doesn't like severed tendons ether.

Wyntonian
2012-09-19, 08:51 PM
Tobias bows solemnly to the corpses of the slain he was laying by. They are resplendent in daisy crowns and other accoutrements. Several flowers, their color and quality altered by his own magics, are scattered across their bodies. It is, all in all, a rather decent service, if delivered somewhat hastily.

He touches his fedora, pensively, and walks over to tap Ariya on the shoulder with his cane. "A word, if you would?"

A few paces away, he inclines his head and speaks quietly. "If the woman inside your skin has no wish to see the other attackers killed, bring one dead body to a place that they cannot see, nearby. Tell them that a truly twisted mind is enacting strange and terribly rites, altering their flesh and perverting their spirits. Do this now, and do not fear what you see."

He twitches, apparently reviled at such a long coherent message, before breaking out into a wide, twinkling grin. "Also, neckties. Was the man right or what?" He bends over, filling the road with peals of laughter, before waving Ariya away and walking over to behind the farmhouse.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-19, 09:12 PM
Ariya

In a voice as hard as steel she says, "You are in no position to give demands. You didn't really answer my question. How many? 50,100, 200 men? Or don't know how to count?

I promised you'd be freed once I know you are telling the truth. I'm going to question our other captive. If he says the same thing you can leave, if he says something different we'll kill you."

The Fist states plainly, "That Coyote-man killed Zul I think and you knocked the other one unconscious, you'll need to heal them or wait a few hours if you want to question others. How many in my group?" He scratches his head.
"Well, my group was one of a dozen, so counting the killed? If not that means war parties of 10 ish x11 is like 110 in countryside robbing folks. At the base, I'd assume 6 men, Karkilan, Koth, but that is only a estimate. Each war party reports in every couple days, so I can't promise one won't be home if you go there."

Nightsky finds a scroll of Glitterdust on Zul, a potion (with some red liquid inside), Mithral Buckler, masterwork heavy mace, and I mentioned the Tiamat symbol.

shugyosha
2012-09-19, 09:23 PM
Ariya

She nods, "Alta watch him, if he casts a spell kill him. If he tries to loosen his bonds, kill him. Make sure he's facing away from everyone, I'll be back."

Ariya takes a few steps backwards and grabs the head of the fallen Uthgar. She then goes to the fallen archer, "B'dar, I need your help here. And someone who can speak hobgoblin... just in case."

Is the archer bound?

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-19, 09:25 PM
Darian moves over to the other unconscious creature pulling his weapon out, he makes
Sure its tied up, presses his finger to it's head, healing it awake.

[roll0]

Starbuck_II
2012-09-19, 09:32 PM
(forgot Detect magic)
All of the hobgoblins glow (faint conjuration) for Nightsky (if you are looting them all just say it literally and I'll list stuff).

The Archer who was brutally murderd by Darian after being unconscious, still sits there dead.

Darian takes a few seconds casting cure light wounds on B'dar twice, then walks over to the hobgoblin he knocked out placing the tip of his scimitar to it's neck, he shoves it into it's throat and takes off it's head.

R 6 awakes (I assume is one healed), tied up?, looks at Darian growling, "So you wish for another fight pink skin."

Novawurmson
2012-09-19, 09:35 PM
B'dar ties up the archer.

shugyosha
2012-09-19, 09:42 PM
Ariya

Before Darian wakes the hobgoblin, Ariya says to B'dar, "Look mean and menicing. Intimidate him if you want."

When the archer awakens she hold up the head of Uthgar right in his face. "Hey you remember this guy. He was your boss. Yeah, tough guy, it was me. And I didn't even break a sweat. You're next unless you answer my questions. I've already asked Fist there these questions. If your answers don't match his I'll kill both of you, so be truthful."

She then asks him the same questions:
There names?
Who is your leader?
Is he a caster?
about how long before they start looking for you?"

As he answers she'll cast detect thought and peak into his mind to see if he is lying.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-19, 09:56 PM
Ariya

Before Darian wakes the hobgoblin, Ariya says to B'dar, "Look mean and menicing. Intimidate him if you want."

When the archer awakens she hold up the head of Uthgar right in his face. "Hey you remember this guy. He was your boss. Yeah, tough guy, it was me. And I didn't even break a sweat. You're next unless you answer my questions. I've already asked Fist there these questions. If your answers don't match his I'll kill both of you, so be truthful."

She then asks him the same questions:
There names?
Who is your leader?
Is he a caster?

As he answers she'll cast detect thought and peak into his mind to see if he is lying.

The soldier shakes head at Fist, who looks down knowing he should of stayed silent, "There are millions on this world, " he says slyly. "Many, Legion, they exist, we are the Red Hand of Doom, you shall fall".

{Detect Thoughts: Takes 3 rounds before it starts. So you'll grant ones near the end of questioning: "... can't wait dinner is waiting, nice mutton sandwich...yes Koth is a caster....standard what?...a day maybe, how should I know?...damn that chick has nice chest for a humie... why are they expecting me to know stuff I'm not paid enough for thinking...}

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-19, 09:59 PM
Darian approachs behind him, and touchs the tip of his blade to the back of it's neck "Don't be cocky, answer exactly, or should I show you what happens to bad prisoners?"

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-19, 11:05 PM
Working alone, Nightsky slowly sifts through Zul's gear, entrusting the potions, scrolls and the unholy symbol of Tiamat to his own safekeeping. He does his best to restrain the spellcaster, cutting some leather from the creature's gear to use as a gag for good measure. No verbal components for you.

With that finished, he replaces a couple of magical items he'd opted not to wear while passing himself off as an ordinary animal - a pair of magical bracers and a pearl of speech, whose auras would have given him away - and, shifting back into his animal form, wanders off to find someone.

"Uhm... B'dar?" He asks quietly, once he's found the dwarf.

Novawurmson
2012-09-20, 07:47 AM
So it even speaks, does it.

"I'm afraid ye 'ave me at a disadvantage, friend. Wot's yer name and wot are ye on aboot?"

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-20, 08:38 AM
"Sorry. I'm Nightsky, an ordained priest of Milani." Now that he no longer needs to hide it, the goddess's silver rose pendant hangs from a chain around his neck. He gestures with a nod. "There are some human bodies at the farmhouse over there. Want to help me give them a decent burial?"

Novawurmson
2012-09-20, 09:28 AM
"Well, if it can be done quickly, it's for th' best. I don' want ter be gone from the prisoner for too long; swords 'ave been movin' a lot faster than tongues, I'm afraid."

Starbuck_II
2012-09-20, 10:30 AM
Since the dead are easy to loot I'll list all the gear on the dead:

Zarr had:
+1 Chain Shirt
+1 Battle poi (that was the flaming two sided pole)
composite longbow, (+2 Str bonus) with 20 arrows,

Regulars:
7 chainmail
7 heavy steel shield
7 longsword
7 x composite Longbow, (+2 Str bonus) with 20 arrows,
Dead Archers:
3 studded leather
3 ordinary Maces
3 Mwk composite shortbow, (+2 Str bonus) with 20 arrows

Compiling potions:
1x potion pink liquid
10x potion red liquid

Are you opening the merchants pouch?

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-20, 11:17 AM
"It can wait," he says simply, and sits, letting Ariya continue her interrogation.

Haven't looked through the merchant's belongings yet, no.

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-20, 06:06 PM
Alta had not paid much attention to whatever was happening, since she had been occupied with trying to get the bloodstains off her boots. After a while of trying, she gives up in frustration. Maybe she should see if the talking coyote... Wait, what? A talking coyote?

She had never heard about hobgoblin-killing talking coyotes, but if one existed, then she was sure that the poor creature was constantly hounded by poachers and rich nobles with a penchant for exotic pets. Truly, it was the responsibility of her to help the little creature. And she would do it from a sense of altruism, not because of a selfish coveting of the prestige that owning a talking coyote conveyed.

She slowly apporaches the coyote, before trying to grab him in one swift motion.

Alta just wants to be friends. :smallfrown: She just has placed Nightsky on a lower step on her internal hierarchy of some sort, and thus feels that she must somehow subjugate him before they can be friends.

I'll leave it for Ancient Sunrise to decide wheter she manages to catch the coyote or not. After all, it is his character. Also, we can avoid the grapple rules that way. :smalltongue:

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-20, 08:42 PM
The coyote casts his ears back at the sound of Alta's approach, but his eyes remain fixed on the interrogation. Having no special reason to fear the woman (as far as he knows), he doesn't seem terribly alarmed by her presence. He is just about to turn and offer a greeting when he finds himself snatched up instead, and after an instinctive yelp of surprise, he looks up at her sheepishly.

"Uhm... Hi, Alta."

This is assuming that all she does is grab him, without trying to hurt him.

Being what he is, Nightsky probably understands Alta's need to assert herself as an "alpha" a lot better than most humans would. Her hierarchical way of dealing with people strikes me as very canine. She should find it easy to establish a friendship on her terms. :smallsmile:

Note if picking him up, though, he's not exactly tiny. He's about medium-sized for a dog, though lighter than you would expect.

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-21, 03:41 AM
Alta smiled a little at the ease of the capture, but her expression returned to serious as she looked at the coyote. She spent a while just staring intensively at the canine, before starting to speak in an authoritative tone.

"Stay close, don't talk to strangers, and don't bite anything that has poisonous blood."

She gazes over to the farmhouse. "Now... Human bodies, you said?"

She walks leisurely at the farmhouse, before letting the coyote go and entering with her sword drawn, in case the bodies were not quite as dead as they should.

Novawurmson
2012-09-21, 10:08 AM
B'dar saunters over to the hobgoblin just woken by Darian.

"Pink skin, eh?" he says, then points at one of the creature's injuries. "Better 'n red skin."

Intimidate was in the OOC. It was a 12 -_-

Starbuck_II
2012-09-21, 10:28 AM
"Yes, I will admit, I like my skin the way it is. Let us pretend I'll answer your questions. What do I get out of it? Killing me is no problem, I am ready to die for the Red Hand. Promise to let me live and flee then maybe I'll speak a litle more."
The soldier says a little frightened by the the bearded monster.

I'll give you a freebie while you think it over: in the regional Red Hand, maybe 100, Koth has them out there robbing folks for the glory of the Red Hand. Need to keep the group supplied after all."

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-21, 11:07 AM
"Got it." The coyote gave a wag of his tail. Alta's orders sounded reasonable enough to him, especially the last one.

Once released, he follows her into the ruin, staying close but not so close as to be underfoot. His nose wrinkles at the smell of death.

Perception (taking 10): 19.
If a roll is needed: [roll0]

Starbuck_II
2012-09-21, 11:34 AM
Outside the farm house you pass the three dead bodies who look like guards for the center one a merchant. Inside the ruined farm house, Nightsky nohing happens as you enter the building. You see inside another dead human, wearing a straw hat, likely the farmer who owned the house, likely been dead for days. Numerous stab wounds and bite marks are evident on the torso and limbs of his body.

Do either you open the merchant pouch?

shugyosha
2012-09-21, 12:32 PM
Ariya

I'll give you the same deal I gave the Fist. Answer our questions, if the match what the Fist has said we'll know its truth and we will let you go. If they don't match then your pretty little skin is going to have a few more holes," she says as she drops the head of Uthgar in his lap.

She repeats her questions:
Their names?
Who is your leader?
Is he a caster?

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-21, 12:54 PM
Not finding anything apart from a farmer whose expiration date had been long ago, Alta frowns a little. Her expression brightens up a little as she sees the straw hat, but it falters as she notices that it is too big for her. What an useless place, truly.

"Nothing here. Watch the corpse, I'll come back soon."

Having said that, she goes to retrieve one of the dead hobgoblin's longswords, and promptly hacks off the corpses legs and arms.

"There. That one is not going to feast on the flesh of the living anytime soon. Now let's take care of the ones outside."

As she repeats the procedure, she notices a pouch on one of the corpses, so she takes it and examines it's contents, but not before throwing away the sword she "borrowed".

There, I opened the pouch. :smallbiggrin: Apparently, Alta has some kind of traumatic experienses with undead, and does not trust any corpse she has not seen die. :smalltongue:

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-21, 01:28 PM
Confused, Nightsky watches Alta leave, then looks back to the corpse. Then to the empty door, then to the corpse, and then leaps back in alarm as her sword hacks into it.

"Hey, what the-- what are you--?"

Her explanation does not seem convincing to him. "I don't think they're undead, Alta. Just dead."

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-21, 01:49 PM
Alta heard the coyote, but continued hacking anyway. After all, you could never be too careful in these matters. After all, a very spiteful necromancer could have used some kind of delayed undeadifying magic in the corpses.

"Tell me, have you ever had a week-old corpse suddenly spring up and eat you? Neither have I, and I would like to keep that way. There's a reason they put the dead in those little boxes before burying them, you know."

Starbuck_II
2012-09-21, 02:25 PM
As she repeats the procedure, she notices a pouch on one of the corpses, so she takes it and examines it's contents, but not before throwing away the sword she "borrowed".

There, I opened the pouch. :smallbiggrin: Apparently, Alta has some kind of traumatic experienses with undead, and does not trust any corpse she has not seen die. :smalltongue:

Carefully looking inside you struck by a deadly gas :smallbiggrin:
Inside the pouch, you find 355 gp, 200 sp, 10 pp, 5 cp. You also find white pearl, and 2 onyx gems. You'd need an appraise check to know gems value.

So I should include more undead?
Now I only need to think where they fit...

Back by Ariya:

The soldier shrugs, "Koth is only one I know for sure, I think most raiding like us have a caster like Zul, Fist is unusual, he wasn't supposed to be here. He was supposed to supervise our raiding party. We were on focus assistance since we haven't robbed enough people. Koth is leader, but he serves someone else higher up. ....standard what?...a day maybe, how should I know I only follow orders."

(detect thoughts says exactly what he is saying, either he is well trained or he knows only so much)

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-21, 02:32 PM
Nightsky sighs softly. She does have a point. The beheading of corpses is customary in many places for the very reason she describes, and the Church doesn't require bodies to be intact for burial. Even if it does make things easier.

shugyosha
2012-09-21, 02:36 PM
Ariya

She nods at his answer. ""B'Dar and Darian secure the prisoners. We are about to let them leave as they have fulfilled our bargain. But they have committed a crime and they need to be punished. The Archer, extend his drawing hand... she says as she twirls her weapon.

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-21, 03:19 PM
Darian looks up with a smile "For one, this guy isn't one of the Archers, Two, While you have the right idea, you got the wrong body parts, think more tongues and a foot each. B'dar, do have anything I can use to cut?"

Novawurmson
2012-09-21, 05:43 PM
B'dar eyes his axe furtively. Chopping off a thief's hand for stealing is one thing, but using Atorkin seemed overkill. He picks up one of the hobgoblin longswords and hands it to Darian.

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-21, 07:47 PM
Darian looks at the longsword "Thanks, that'll work. then he positions the longsword above R6's ankle, then using his foot slams the blade down taking off its foot.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-21, 09:48 PM
R6 screams, "You monsters! How can I flee without a foot. Your worse than devils, they keep their word."

Fist asks, "Can I choose the limb if you are gonna be so barbaric? I rather like feet..."

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-21, 11:01 PM
Darian thinks for a moment " we weren't ambushing you, you attacked us, and now you get to live as a cripple, be glad you have you life, it is only thanks to my companion's promise, you should be thanking her. And sure pick tongue or foot.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-22, 09:24 AM
"I am a spellcaster so I need my tongue as well; very well, take my foot. I can get a peg leg or walk on my hands." Fist says grimacing at the thought.

The soldier R6 says, "But how can I walk at the moment..."

shugyosha
2012-09-22, 09:45 AM
Ariya

"What the hell are you doing?" she exclaims as Darian had taken control of the situation.

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-22, 11:02 AM
Alta, who had joined the others just in moment to be surprised by the amputation, feels a need to say something, as she thinks that Darian's train of thought might be a little... faulty.

"Yeah, I'm sure that this particular hobgoblin made the decision to ambush us. After all, he is the leader of this group, no? And I'm also sure that his higher-ups in the hobgoblin army of whatever told him to go spread happiness and rainbows, but he convinced them to instead focus on ambushing travellers. Actually, I'm quite sure he left his happy hobgoblintown of rainbows just to go ambush travellers. After all, he could always have fled into a human town or something. I'm sure that they would have been very understanding."

She takes a look at the robed figure, who had just been flailing around with that flaming pole. Even though his fighting style had been quite different, she had noted a certain familiarity in the way he used his weapon and magic. It would be a shame to remove such a skilled invidual's ability to practice the art.

"I'm not sure this is very Sarenite... Let's cut this out, okay?"

She fails to realize that her choice of words might not be the best possible one.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-22, 11:18 AM
"Wait a minute... you said you'd let them go?" The coyote had run back over when he heard the screams, and was equally shocked at the maiming and at the idea of releasing the goblins to continue their murder spree.

"You know they're killers, right? There are at least four bodies back there. They came to this man's home, killed him and probably ate his family. Is missing a tongue gonna stop them from doing that to the next helpless farmer they find?"

Novawurmson
2012-09-22, 12:01 PM
"That was what we agreed to, Nightsky. Wit' the business end of a limb missin' on each of them, I doubt their masters will be eager t' just let them back inter the fold, and it'll give a 'helpless farmer' a good leg up on them. Hell, their masters will probably do th' job for us if I know a thing or two about hobgoblin taskmasters," B'dar says consolingly. "Besides, we don' know for sure which o' these scoundrels were th' one to do the killin', even if they were all complicit. Give 'em a proper punishment and give 'em one las' chance - though if I see any of ye again on the battlefield, it'll be no mercy."

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-22, 10:27 PM
Darian looks up "Look I'm letting them live, and without a foot they will be much less of a threat to us and others, a hobbling hobgoblin is something a farmer can run from."

shugyosha
2012-09-23, 09:22 AM
Ariya

"A warrior needs their hands," she explains. She looks around for someone to break the tie.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-23, 02:27 PM
Nightsky casts his eyes down with a look of resignation. He doesn't like the idea of releasing the monsters, but the others seem decided upon the matter, and he doubts that words will change that. Maybe they're right after all.

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-24, 07:36 PM
Darian takes the sword and chops fist's foot off in similar fashion, "ok then we have a city to get to, unless you feel like using the farm house for the night?"

Starbuck_II
2012-09-24, 10:18 PM
"Ahhh! Can we go now?" Fist says as he squirms in his bindings.

Both him and the soldier hobgoblin loked peakish from the bloodlost.

Assuming you untie them, they hobble off but not before Fist binds both legs wounds with his cloth to stop the bleeding.

Novawurmson
2012-09-24, 10:50 PM
"And let tha' be a lesson t' th' lot o' ya!"

::off to town::

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-25, 09:25 AM
Nightsky returns to the farmhouse, where he sees to the burial of the four murdered humans before leaving.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-25, 01:00 PM
Two and a half hours later of walking, making it about evening:

The journey to Drellin's Ferry is uneventful. But with inevitable mirth comes the first sign-post indicating the town over the next hill.

A picturesque community rests astride a broad, fast-flowing river. Numerous farmhouses dot the countryside, and logging camps and sawmills are interspersed amongst large copses of trees. At the center of town is a large green, opening onto the riverbank.

An impressive stone building rests against the bank next to what was once a bridge - easily once three wagons wide, all that remains of the structure are the massive piers on either side. In its place rests a large wooden ferry, two guide-lines traverse the river to create the only means of crossing aside from several boats.

On the final rise, a wooden watchtower and stockade stand watch over the road. A burly man in his middle years calls down to you.

"Ho there, travellers! What brings you to Drellin's Ferry?"

His greeting is not friendly, but neither does he appear hostile.

Map of town: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/rhod_maps/95681.jpg

What numbers indicate, places of interest:
A knowledge local check DC 12 will tell you what they are (iof you can't guess), you can instead ask NPCs that live there and they will tell you.
#1: Watch posts:
#2: The Green:
#3: Town Speaker's house:
#4: The Green Apple (Inn):
#5: Morlin's Smithy:
#6: Shrine of Irori:
#7: Hous of Sertieren the Wise:
#8: Old Toll House:
#9: Armory:
#10: Old Bridge Inn:
#11: Jarret's Sundries:
#12: Delora's Livery Stable:
#13: Iormel's Warehouse:
#14: The Ferry:
#15: The Dwarf Bridge:
#16: Gausler's Brewhouse
#17: Jendar's Warehouse
#18: Sterring's Provision:
#19: The Old Ones:

Novawurmson
2012-09-25, 01:20 PM
B'dar helps Nightsky bury the dead humans. He stands quietly and respectfully at their graves for a few moments before he joins the party.

"Blessin's of Torag to ye, stranger. I am called B'dar o' the lineage of th' Oathbreakers. We come answerin' a call to arms agains' thievery in this area, a contract that we have already begun to fulfill."

Starbuck_II
2012-09-25, 03:07 PM
"You've seen battle with the goblins and lived? Where did you fight thse savages? They have skulking near town for days. You are lucky you lived through it." The first man calls down.

"If you be wantin' a place to stay, I'd recommend the Green Apple Inn. It'll be the large building on your right at the edge of the green. Higgs wiill fetch Speaker Wiston, you'll be wanting to talk to him I expect. Welcome to Drellin's Ferry." Another armed man calls down to you.

"Right, Sargeant Hersk, I'll go get them." Calls the first man before running.

A third man calls down, "You should try the Od Bridge Inn on your left. I find the ale foamier."

Sargeant Hersk says, " You are welcome to go to a nearby inn and drink while you wait for Speaker though" he then has the guards open the gates.

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-25, 04:52 PM
Alta, who had taken offence in that they hadn't done with the hobgoblins as she wished, had walked the whole trip some thirty meters ahead of the rest of the group while muttering to herself. As they arrive to the town, she says nothing and ignores the ongoing discussion, heading to the nearest inn as soon as possible.

Once in the inn, she steps to the counter and glares at the bartender before tossing him a few coins. "Your strongest."

Starbuck_II
2012-09-25, 05:47 PM
(Please specify which inn: Green Apple Inn or Old Bridge Inn next ytime, but I'll assume Green Apple.)
Green Apple:
Barkeep, "Here you go, 5 silver lions (silver pieces). Enjoy."

You see a couple groups playing cards in the corner. A couple tables have patrons drinking and laughing as they tell tales.

Novawurmson
2012-09-25, 08:44 PM
"Wot have ye in the way of dwarven ales, barkeep?"

shugyosha
2012-09-25, 10:33 PM
Ariya

On their way to the town Ariya was unusually quiet. She didn't hum or whistle any tune as she often did. Instead she joined Alta at the bar and tendered a coin for a tankard.

Wyntonian
2012-09-25, 10:38 PM
Tobias sets his fedora on the bar as well, and nods to the bartender. "Many texts and tales speak of men drowning themselves in their tankards. Do you have any unusually wide-mouthed ones that may facilitate such a pursuit?"

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-25, 11:47 PM
Darian walked to the inn in a happy mood, he had found the name green apple inn amusing, and then begun to wonder if they sold green apples, once inside he walks up to the bartender, "Good evening, looks like you got few more customers tonight. In fact i've had a good day, so A FREE BREW FOR EVERYONE HERE!! he makes sure to yell the last part so that everyone hears him, then counts out 50 gold for the barkeep "That should cover everyone, including one of your strongest for me. I'll also need the best room you can get me. turning around and looking for his friends, making sure they all made it. And once the barkeep tells a price for the room he places the gold on the counter. After he has had a beer or two he looks back to the barkeep "Is their anywhere a man can find some soft company for a night?

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-26, 07:25 AM
Nightsky enters with the rest and curls up next to the fire.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-26, 10:00 AM
Sir, that is 50 golden crowns (gp), right away!," The barkeep says.
Everyone comes up to get their free drink and pats Darian on the back, "Mighty kind of you sir"

A Dwarf walks in after hearing the coins fall on the table, she comes up, "Name's Tharma, I'm the proprietor, and I thank you for your patronage." She gives him a hearty handshake.

"Your room will be number 201, best we got, here is the key" she says as she smiles. "Now we don't run a flop house, so no buying a woman here" she says sternly.

The barkeep says to b'dar, "A Dwarven brew? Yeah, we got Old Lucky, as you are lucky if you survive it. Most humanoids can't take it. "

Novawurmson
2012-09-26, 11:11 AM
"Eh, I'm game for it. Lemme jus' get comfortable..."

He focuses deeply, and his form shrinks to normal dwarven size.

"There we go. Now, about tha' ale."

B'dar uses his Reconfigure ability to trade Powerful Build customization for Hardy, increasing his Con by +2. These changes have been noted on his character sheet. If nothing happens by the end of the night, he uses his reconfigure ability to reverse these changes before bed.

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-26, 06:22 PM
Darian looks to the dwarven women "Thank you, And of course not and I think no less of your wonderful establishment. Now give me what he's having." He says pointing to B'dar, and placing antoher gold on the table. Once he gets it he walks over to B'dar "Lets see whos got the better liver!" And starts chugging.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-27, 09:46 AM
The Barkeep fill up two mugs and hands one to Darian and one to B'dar of Old Lucky. , "Will you be dining with us as well? The food tonight is Roast chicken with green apples, best thing we can do in these times. Let me go get you some since you paid up front with 50 golden crowns already."

After your food and drinks are given out and a few minutes pass, the door to the Inn opens. The first entrant is a capable-looking swordswoman wearing the blue and green uniform of the town guard. After quickly scanning the room, she stands to the side. Next is an older man, balding and about fifty years of age. He carries a cane and wears a large ceremonial amulet. He addresses the entire common room.

"Sorry to trouble you, Tharrma. Travelers, I'd like a few minutes of your time. My name is Norro Wiston, and I'm the Town Speaker for Drellin's Ferry. This is our guard captain, Soranna. I'll get right to the point: We're in a lot of trouble, and we need you to help us out."

Novawurmson
2012-09-27, 11:03 AM
B'dar immediately rises, gives a rough salute, and then returns to his chicken and ale. Speaker or no, after living off trail rations for days, this is heaven.

"Well, we've got your reques' for aid," he says between mouthfuls. "What else is there to discuss, then?"

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-27, 11:37 AM
"Just a minute, master speaker." The coyote crosses over from the hearth and looks up at Wiston. "You'll pardon my appearance... I'm a priest of Milani. My name's Nightsky, and this is B'dar, Darian, Ariya, Alta, and Tobias."

"On the road a few miles from here, we were attacked by goblins. After we dealt with them, we found the bodies of a farmer and three travelers, murdered." He indicates the direction with a glance. "We laid them to rest at the farmstead before coming here."

Starbuck_II
2012-09-27, 01:18 PM
"So, they said you tangled with a band of them. Sadly, that is just one of many. As you say, Nightsky; They've attacked and killed people in the outlying homesteads, and they've been waylaying travelers along the Dawn Way. Our entire town is under attack. Hobgoblin raiders have been harrying our lands for several weeks now." Speaker Wiston states with a sigh.

Captain Soranna adds, "We have had trouble in the past, quick raids on homesteads on the west side of the river, usually not that bad...however, this seems different, it seems a large agreesive tribe has moved down out of the Wyrmsmoke Mountains. Frankly, I fear they might be numerous enough to sack the town." She starts sighing then stops herself. "Thanks Nightsky and all of you, for helping those dead rest, a small comfort in these dire times."

Speaker continues, "Beyond even the immediate threat to our homes, the roads are our lifeblood. If they make the Dawn Way impossible to the west, trade won't come this way and we shall be ruined. Not onlky do we need to repel the raiders from our town, but we have got to keep the roads open. Can you help us do it? You don't need to go right this moment, but please keep this in mind as you stay."

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-27, 02:33 PM
Darian nods Sure why not? Few things first, can we expect as much support as you can possibly give? What information do you have on the red hand? And do we at least have until tommorrow morning?

Starbuck_II
2012-09-27, 04:19 PM
"Yes, we are currently willing offer 500 gp each if you drive off the hobgoblins. We can arrange for the merchants Brother Derny, Avarthel, Sertieren to offer you in total free goods up to 600 golden crowns *ahem* to those not around these parts gold pieces, mostly potions and scrolls. Brother Derny is leads the Shrine of Irori, our town Priest, he can scribe divine scrolls and provide town spellcasting at 1/2 the cost.
Sertieren is the town mage he is even willing to provide town spellcasting at 1/2 the cost including sharing spells among spellbooks, and he crafts arcane scrolls and wonderous items.
And Avarthel our town Druid is a great potion crafter and is willing to provide town spellcasting at 1/2 the cost as long it is accordance to nature, which can be ficky. Sadly, while appreciative of the help, the rest of the merchants require full price for their goods. But you can weapons and armor fronm the dwarven smith Morlin Coalhewer who has a few magic weapons and armor among his inventory. You can get stables your horses at Delora Zann's. You can get the majority of goods for adventuring at Sterrel's Provisioning , they have many mounts if you need faster travel than by foot.
" Speaker replies in answer.

"These hobgoblins you defeated... did they say anything? We have a few leads but no real evidence where they are located. I suspect the Keep of Vraath, but due to stories of ghosts and other hauntings, none of our gaurds have gone that far in patrols. Those that due don't return...," the Captain says

"And to answer our knowledge, we believe there are at least three different tribes around our lands at the same time, each fifteen to twenty strong, so I'm guesing maybe fifty at minimum. We believe they are after our gold, our lands, and ultimately our lives. If you attempt to travel to the keep or even in the Witch Wood woods to search for them, I'd suggest finding a guide. The best would be Jorr, a ranger and expert Tracker.
But please, you may sleep and go in the morning, as long as you help you may take time to recuperate from your battle. Just don't take too long... I fear they might be getting bolder" Speaker continues.

"Last, I am willing to send one of my guardsmen or two with you if you request the help. Just talk to be if you perfer Calvary, Infantry, or Archery and I'll see who I can find within the ranks. They won't be any close to your strength, but best I can do. " The captain states at the end.

So think up/discuss what as a party you want for free in OCC.
600 gp among scrolls, potions, or even a wonderous (Sertieren has the wonderous craft feat) like a feather token, war paint, etc.

Calvary is warrior focused on mounted combat in meduim armor.
Infantry is a shield/sword or polearm (reach) warrior in heavy armor.
Archery is light armored bowman warrior.
Level 1d4+1

Novawurmson
2012-09-28, 08:57 AM
B'dar thinks for a moment while chewing on a large chunk of apple. "They said their leader was wot I can only assume is a hobgoblin named Koth, with a lieutenant named Karlilan, with an outpost in th' keep. Seemed like they thought they were jus' an arm o' a greater forces. Mos' worrisome to me is tha' they had such good spellcaster support for what seemed to be a simple raidin' party. Oh, they said sommat abou' a 'day of ruin.' Mean anythin' to ye?"

He waits for a reply, then continues in his most business-like tone.

"Anyway, th' deal you've offered is a better deal than was advertised, so we can't rightly say 'no' to it, now can we? We'll discuss the details of wha' we need with the appropriate authorities on each matter after we've had time to confer."

B'dar takes a swig of Old Lucky.

"Also, these attacks...have ye seen attacks at both ends of th' road or only the way we came?"

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-28, 12:34 PM
Alta has been growing more and more annoyed as people interrupt her drinking with speaking, so her answer to the Speaker is even unfriendlier than she normally is.

"Five hundred? My sword is worth four times more than that! Thank Sarenrae that I'm not doing this for money, or I would already be negotiating with the hobgoblins. I'm sure that they pay better!"

She downs the rest of her drink, then continues.

"But fortunately for you, I'm a kind soul and have pity on your useless asses that can't handle a few puny hobgoblins." She faces her companions. "Let's just go tomorrow to that keep place and drive those hobbies away. You can handle the equipment. I have nothing I especially need."

She signals the bartender for another drink, and stares in it like there would be no-one else in the whole tavern.

shugyosha
2012-09-28, 02:57 PM
Ariya

Still sullen about today's event she keeps quiet and listens to the negotiations.

Starbuck_II
2012-09-28, 04:49 PM
"So you have confirmation that the Keep might be trouble? Both ways, we have seen fewer and fewer merchants and traders in the last couple weeks. I wish we had more to give, but these times aren't good. I hope this day of ruin is just a metaphor...

If you have any questions about Jorr, the Witch Woods, and so on; please come find one of us. Captain Soranna will be the Old Toll House if you need to find her or any of the Guard. I will be at my house, everyone in town can point you to it. Imori be with you gentlemen," The speaker says as he and the Captain walk away.

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-28, 05:57 PM
Darian, having been drinking old lucky while they talked, was now enjoying a strong buzz , begins talking to nightskySo what's your story, and why are you apparently half-wolf, your not a lycanthrope, are you?

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-30, 07:44 AM
The canine had been content to sit and listen during the briefing, tail brushing back and forth over the floor. He is usually more careful about speaking in public while in animal form, but the events of the day had frayed his patience somewhat.

As the speaker departs, he lifts himself up and moves back out of the way, panting a little. He gives a shake of his head to the oracle's question.

"No, nothing like that. Sorry about the deception, by the way."

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-30, 08:28 AM
Darian smirks bah, what's one little deception over what looks to be a new comrade, even more so when it looks like we are heading towards a witch's forest, against over 50 foes, maybe much more then that. then he drinks the last of his lucky and goes up to his room, looking around to see what he paid for, and locking the door behind him before falling asleep on whatever bed there is.

Ancient Hippo
2012-09-30, 03:57 PM
While noticeably more tough than an average person, there was a limit for how much drink she could have, and after a good amount of time drinking, she reaches that limit. Not capable of remembering exactly in which pocket her gold was, she rises up and starts unsteadily walking to her room.

Once at the stairs, she turns and points at Nightsky. "And you, better come with me before someone here realizes just how much a talking coyote is worth." She staggers a moment, then continues. "Besides, I need someone to clean my boots."

Starbuck_II
2012-09-30, 06:11 PM
(Assuming you guys are cool with moving forward)
The next day is cooler and the sun is shining. The city is a buzz with news about your attack, how you folk faught the bandit, and have come to help. When you all finally come down for breakfast the Captain is already there; she seemed to have been waiting for you.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-09-30, 06:49 PM
(In response to Alta:)

The hengeyokai was never one to let pride get in the way of friendship. Besides, he had heard the swordswoman make a plea for the mercy of Sarenrae earlier, and that had left a mark. He followed her up and did exactly as told.

Crazyfailure13
2012-09-30, 06:51 PM
Darian had awaken earlier then most others, and after practicing his sword forms, goes to eat breakfeast with an old lucky, hello, captain, few questions, can these archers your providing us with act as guides to this jorr? And is their anyway we can get a bit more gold for this? I'll understand if you can't but i t would probably make my companions a bit happier. Also what is in this brew, i'm getting to enjoy it.

Ancient Hippo
2012-10-01, 07:49 AM
Alta wakes up at almost noon with a splitting headache. With some effort, she manages to rise from her bed, and curses as she notices that the sun is already high. She usually rose early to greet the rising sun, but this time exhaustion had beaten disicpline. She decides not to bother Ariya, who probably had woken up earlier, and just quickly mutters a few prayers herself before proceeding to prepare her spells.

Having done her usual morning rituals, she proceeds to dress up, feeling more than a little annoyed from her headache and oversleeping... Before noticing that her boots had been cleaned.

Her headache and annoynment forgotten, she joins the others downstairs, being unusually cheerful. "Good morning, everyone!"

Novawurmson
2012-10-01, 09:45 AM
As stated before, B'dar uses his reconfigure ability again before bed to regain his Powerful Build customization. B'dar regains psionic focus and summons his astral suit upon waking, as usual.

B'dar wakes, finds his center, and summons his armor. He takes a tool from his pouch and lightly taps it across his hand as he prays a brief prayer of blessing to Torag. He rejoins the party, refreshed and interested in the captain's message.

Adamant Sunrise
2012-10-01, 09:53 AM
Nightsky felt a paw along the small body of the weasel, sensing its broken bones through its skin. Not caring much for tavern food, he had snuck out in the pre-dawn hours to collect his thoughts and hunt in the glades outside of town.

In the years since his new life had begun, he had learned to be a humane killer. At first, his attempts at hunting live prey had been bloody, drawn-out affairs, gruesome and often sadly inconclusive. He had seldom needed to hunt and kill his own food while in captivity, and the results showed in his poor ability to manage on his own.

But with practice, and some helpful tutelage, he had learned how to make use of his instincts. These days, his prey usually perished without ever being aware of his presence. That had been the case today, when a single, forceful bite had brought death to the small animal.

Leaning down so that the tip of his nose brushed its fur, he intoned the brief prayer he had been taught. A barely detectable sheen of divinity washed through its fur as the creature was purified.

"Thank you, brother. I promise it won't be for nothing."

Pinning its body under his forepaw, he tore off its upper half and wolfed it down in one gulp. He then did the same with the remainder.

Hunger satisfied, he left to rejoin the others.

Starbuck_II
2012-10-01, 10:54 AM
Darian had awaken earlier then most others, and after practicing his sword forms, goes to eat breakfeast with an old lucky, hello, captain, few questions, can these archers your providing us with act as guides to this jorr? And is their anyway we can get a bit more gold for this? I'll understand if you can't but i t would probably make my companions a bit happier. Also what is in this brew, i'm getting to enjoy it.

"Sorry, we are doing the best we can, we are cut off from trade if you remember. They can likely lead you there, there names are Sasha and Bucha, twin guardsmen of the town. Both are archers, they won't be as strong as your men, but they can provide a little extra help. Here they are now. They should be able to lead the way to Jorr, but still be careful oin the woods. We don't call them Witch Woods for nothing." Captain S says.

"Eh, 'oo be the ones we are sent to go with?" Says a fresh faced male teen standing with a twin female.
"Well, 'll be a large dwarf, isn't that a contradiction?" says the female.

"You should probably buy horses before you go, the faster you get the the better. Don't want to be hanging out in the forests too long. The twins have their own horses." Captain continues.

The Speakers enters and gets some breakfast, " While I can eat at home, I find the food here excellent ", as he eats some grub. "Any questions, while I am here?"

shugyosha
2012-10-01, 11:18 AM
Ariya

Having woken up in a better mood she is actually cheerful and is whistling as she walks in.

She listens to the others and then asks, "Does anyone know anything about the bandit's hide out?"

Novawurmson
2012-10-01, 11:59 AM
"Ya know how I got ter be this big? Eatin' rookies like you," B'dar says, not even flinching. He had a lot of time to practice he line in the militia.

Ancient Hippo
2012-10-01, 12:30 PM
Alta takes a good look at the newcomers. The town's guard must be really desperate.

"Are you sure that your mother knows about this?"

Starbuck_II
2012-10-01, 03:59 PM
"'e lost our mother at the age of 1o, some of those hobbos got into town and caused some trouble. Killed our mum before the Captain got to him. Tis reason we joined when we were of age, pay back some justice, and it is decent pay. " Bucha says with dignity and remorse.
"Ehhh! The giant Dwarf eats guardsmen." Sasha says as she hdes behind her brother.

"Well, we know it is from the forest, and you said that the goblinoids said something about Vraath Keep. Vraath keep was a fortress in the old days, but I heard they were attacked by some forest giants and that spelled the fortress's doom. It is now ruins, unlikely to be able to keep anyone out by its defenses, but since our scouts have never gone there... I can't say if they have men. I have hope when you kill the leader of the bandits here, they will be over. No more Day of Ruin, but then I am a optimist." The Speaker said with a smile.

"If you find nothing at the keep, come back here and we will do our best to plan the next step. " The captain says wondering.

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-01, 08:08 PM
Darian smirks abit, then talks to the two archers B'dar wouldn't want to eat you, he much prefers the new recuit swordsmen, the ones with the fat bellies. Now me I like to chew on something, and little archer bones and muscles are goodfood to me. he then breaks out laughing. After another drink from his mug he talks to the speakerwhats the story on Jorr? And those forest giants you spoke of? once that's finished he walks over to the barkeep Any chance you can get me a large amount of portableold lucky for the road? and places 3 gold on the counter.

Starbuck_II
2012-10-01, 09:45 PM
" One would hope the forest giants are all dead, but all we know is no one has heard of them in a while. If you see one, I'd suggest talking or running, probably best to avoid fighting. Jorr? He comes to town every 20 days or so to sell pelts. He hates goblins more than most, but I don't know the personal story why. Al I know is he has lived in the woods for a long time now. If you mention you are fighting goblins, it might make him accept easier. " The speaker says after taking a big drink.

Tharma the owner chuckles," You are really into that stuff aren't yeah? Sure, but don't drink and fight unless you are dwarf, if you do drink don't blame me if you get into an accident.

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-01, 09:49 PM
Over to the Archers "Do one of you know where to buy horses? If you do would you like to go pick 7 up for us?" Then if they agree, he hands them a medium sized pouch with 200 gold in it.

Starbuck_II
2012-10-02, 09:19 AM
"Sir, we can't buy a light horse for less than 75 gp. We can rent a Light horse for 5 gp, 6 gp for war trained, 10 go for heavy horse, 11 for Heavy Warhorse, but this is per day.

Pretty good bargain, you pay for 1st day and rest when you bring back it." Said the girl twin.

"'kay if we go rent some then 'ir?" Said the boy twin.

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-02, 09:28 AM
Darian shakes his head "No, we have no idea if we'll bring them back, so heres another 325, go buy light ones, make sure they're in good health." handing them more gold.

shugyosha
2012-10-02, 09:31 AM
"Well, we know it is from the forest, and you said that the goblinoids said something about Vraath Keep. Vraath keep was a fortress in the old days, but I heard they were attacked by some forest giants and that spelled the fortress's doom. It is now ruins, unlikely to be able to keep anyone out by its defenses, but since our scouts have never gone there... I can't say if they have men. I have hope when you kill the leader of the bandits here, they will be over. No more Day of Ruin, but then I am a optimist." The Speaker said with a smile.

"Is there any old records of layout of this keep?" she asks hoping for a positive answer but expecting a negative response.

Starbuck_II
2012-10-02, 09:58 AM
"Is there any old records of layout of this keep?" she asks hoping for a positive answer but expecting a negative response.

"Sorry, again, we know of it through past dealings in the records with the town. I wasn't alive back then. And as I mentioned it is reported haunted by scouts. When they got near, strange sounds and lights appeared around the place, so I have no real knbowledge of it how it looks today." The speaker said seriously.

"Right, we are on it" The twins said together in unison as they took the money and went toward the horse renter and stablemaster Delora.

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-06, 05:44 PM
Darian then heads out into town selling all the loot he can that no one wants, then he heads to the druids places, hoping to get a wand of healing from him or her, since he doesn't know the town well, he asks the speaker directions first.

Starbuck_II
2012-10-08, 05:04 PM
(After a short time later, when buying of horses and selling items is done, the group meets at the gate)

"Well, we got the horses and we brought our own." Said the female twin. " Ya'll ready to go?" said the boy twin.

Sargeant Hersk at the gate says, "Take care, it isn't safe out there."

Ancient Hippo
2012-10-09, 05:01 PM
Alta adjusts her equipment and climbs on her horse with the demeanor of an experienced rider. But then, a terrible thought crosses her mind.

"Please don't tell me you forgot to pack lunch for the trip!"

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-09, 05:13 PM
Darian sits on his horse, fingering the bone wand that the friendly old druid had sold him, he found it's design to be oddly attractive. he rides his horse with general ease, sometimes when the path stays clear and even for awhile he even lets go of the reins for a few minutes.

he tells the twins that they have to lead them to Jorr and lets them lead, petting his horse absent mindedly once or twice ever now and then.

When he heres Alta's whin "It's dry and cold trail rations for us i'm afraid, there are enemies in the hills and forest, and a fire would alert them to us. It'd be a problem if you starve, so you'll eat the rations I brought."

shugyosha
2012-10-09, 08:06 PM
Ariya

Still whistling her tune she climbs atop her horse. "Ready?"

Adamant Sunrise
2012-10-09, 11:20 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7149/6642646401_4dd96b4837_z.jpg

Nightsky stretches and yawns, then gives a wag of his tail in response to Ariya's question. "All set. I'll stay down here, if you don't mind." He gives her horse a wary look. "Never trusted those things."

Ancient Hippo
2012-10-10, 07:45 AM
Alta looks down to Nightsky sternly.

"So you are going to run behind us for the whole trip and be totally exhausted when we reach the goblins? And what are you going to do if something startles the horses? Get trampled? Now stop acting silly and get up here!" It crosses her mind that a coyote could have trouble with riding a horse, but she figures a way. "My backpack is almost empty, you can travel there."

Adamant Sunrise
2012-10-10, 09:50 AM
He grins. "Actually, I was thinking I'd go on ahead. You know—scout around a little, while I wait for you and the animals to catch up." Truth be told, after traveling all the way to Drellin's Ferry at a human walking pace, the opportunity to stretch his legs again appeals to him. "But if you want me to stay close, I can do that."

Starbuck_II
2012-10-10, 11:53 AM
(assuming we are ready to go)
THe Witchwood
The Witch Trail begins just north of Drellin's Ferry. A short ride of less than an mile brings you across a small plain to the edge of the Witchwood. Deciduous trees, once lush and tall, stand ragged with browned and dried leaves. The temperature of the day gets hotter and hotter as you travel as if someone was messing with the weather.

As you start down the trail, the only consolation offered by the heat is that it is dry - no doubt in a normal day these woods would be thick with stinging bugs. The twins know there is branch in the trail about two miles into the woods. The journey is slow on the narrow trail, forcing you to move at half speed with your mounts. Planed logs bridge small trenches in the ground, once the path of small streams.

An hour after leaving town the party discovers the branching trail. The trail heads both west and north. A short distance to the north the trail crosses a withered river, while to the west it skirts the treeline along the river. The Speaker indicated that Jorr's cabin was to the west.

There is no sign of activity in the woods (I rolled Perception checks).

After an uneventful morning, you find the trail leading past a small cabin in a deep forest glade. A ramshackle front porch is littered with fishing baskets and skinning frames, though all appear empty. The cabin overlooks a dark bayou, with withered gray cedar-trees rising out of the water. An old skiff is tied up on the shore nearby, and a little smoke curls from the fieldstone chimney of the cabin

"Should we go in?" said the female twin.
" 'opefully we aren't tresspassing..." said the boy twin.

(This time roll your perception checks please)

shugyosha
2012-10-10, 12:26 PM
Ariya

From horse back she casts her gaze at the cabin then the skiff.

perception
[roll0]

Adamant Sunrise
2012-10-10, 12:50 PM
"Looks inviting enough..." Panting a little, the coyote tastes the air.

Rolling Perception: [roll0]
Scent ability still active, so +8 if for detecting smells, and creature detection at 30 feet (60 downwind, 15 upwind).

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-11, 08:47 AM
Darian slows his horse to a stop close to the cabin"Careful, we don't want to scare him or anything."

[roll0]perception

Ancient Hippo
2012-10-11, 09:11 AM
Alta jumps off her house and walks at the cabin's door. She does not bother with knocking or anything, just tries to push it open and yells: "Anybody in here?"

Perception: [roll0]

Starbuck_II
2012-10-11, 10:13 AM
(Everyone rolled good for perception)
Your eyes are drawn to a crudely crafted sign nailed to a post on the side of the trail somewhat covered by tree branches. Painted in yellow dwarven letters are two words in Goblin. Politely translated it can read "Gobins Go Away".
Unpolitely, there are a few curses thrown instead.

Everyone but Nightsky and Alta can faintly the sounds of dogs growling, maoning, and barking quietly somewhere nearby.

Nightsky smells the scent of numerous dogs somewhat uphead.

And Alta decides to press the situation by trespassing: On the porch three large dogs the size of German Sherphard, they see you and start barking loudly.

Shortly after this the cabin's door opens and a lean woodsman of indeterminate age steps onto the porch. He has a seamed, leathery look to his face and arms, and a big curved knife sits in a sheath strapped to one thigh.

"Don't get many visitors out here I reckon," he rasps. "Who're U, and what d'ya'll want with me?"

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-11, 11:45 AM
We are travelers hired by the captainof drellin's ferry, we are having a goblin problem, and were told you could assist us with making that problem burn.

Novawurmson
2012-10-11, 12:52 PM
B'dar groans inwardly. More dogs. He resists the urge to put a hand on his axe.

"Aye. Ye ken the woods around here well enough to guide us to th' keep?"

Starbuck_II
2012-10-12, 01:38 PM
"Goblins, don't reckon I have a problem with helping you all kill them.
If you want me advice, I say sneak up on 'em and take out the leaders. These hobbos are 'ighty organized and well-equipped, but they're still hobbos. Most are stupid grunts. And they're overconfident. I've snuck up on a patrol camp. No sentries. Not to brag, but I killed a patrol or two. Just 'e and my dogs." He waves his arm at his dogs, one of which is gnawing on a human-sized leg bone right now.

Ya'll reckon that Vraath Keep might be trouble? What does 'oblins 'ave to 'o with the Keep? Take you all about 8 miles to get there from here. One can cut a mile or two from that trip if one used the Causeway. Want me to show you where it is? Look I like ya'll want to kill goblins, so I'll give ya'll two prices: 5 gold a day but I don't fight, or 20 I stay when it gets dangerous and fight with ya'll. Either way I'll not desert ye unless ya'll prove untrustworthy like in league with the goblins. The ranger said with a smile and laughs.

"I think we should try to hire him, which price can you guys pay?" said the female twin as she whispers to the group.

Ancient Hippo
2012-10-12, 03:19 PM
Alta considers the options for a while. Jorr could be useful in a fight, but then again, she did not like the idea of paying for nothing.

"Very well, we'll pay the full price. But you better be good at it, if you can't make yourself useful in battle I'm taking the extra payment back."

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-12, 04:04 PM
Darian gets off his horse and hands Jorr 20 gold, and shakes his hand "Make sure you enjoy killing them with us, take that extra horse over there, our other companion doesn't like them so I ended up buying an extra one." he motions to nightsky when he talks.

Starbuck_II
2012-10-13, 11:06 AM
For saying all the right key words like Speaker, Goblin, etc according to the module you've managesd to enlist his help and secured a CR 5 Encounter's adhoc XP.
I think Jorr part of Module is mostly to help make sure the Party isn't too behind in XP because it isn't too hard if you just remember why you came here.

So everyone gains 300 XP

Jorr requests a minute to gather his things, heading into his cabin and returning quickly with a few extra packs and a quiver full of arrows of various shapes, sizes, and colours.

"One more thing - gobbos like their night sight, so they likely ain't lightin' torches. We are best off attacking in the day - their raiding parties probably leave at dusk and return at dawn. Easier to kill humans at night."

"I reckon, that is good enough for me, " as he hops on the horse. " Be good Alfie, Roughdog, Trudy, I'll be back in a few days" he says toward his dogs.

Jorr's dogs remain behind at the cabin as the group heads west.

Any other business before the group departs?

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-13, 12:11 PM
Darian re-mounts his horse and sets of following behind Jorr, then on Jorr's statement of day attacks "It may be a good idea to attack during the day, but I might be able to do some recon at night, I see just as well in the dark as the light, and most of the Gobs ain't as strong as me."

shugyosha
2012-10-13, 11:08 PM
Ariya

She is all smiles as the dogs come out. Her whistling stops, "Not all of us have night vision."

Starbuck_II
2012-10-15, 10:45 PM
(Assuming everyone ready)

Jorr leads the group down a trail through the forest, but after an hour, traveled about 5 miles, Jorr holds his hand up.

"Something is wrong with these trees... For a second, I thought...webs... Oh no, spiders!"
He says as three meduim sized creatures emerge from the trees. and two spider-like humanoids appear nearby.

(Enemy Surprise round then Ariya, Tobias, Jorr go see spoiler)

Rolled a random encounter, Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoNhAVlr5CymdDRMVTJDNVV5c2diek95djNLQ1RlT nc&pli=1#gid=0

Block Initiative rules:
Best Init turn: Ariya, Tobias, Jorr go first.
Enemy Turn:
PC turn:

The Spider-like humanoid creatures fire a fine silk at the Twins, both are wrapped up on webbing (entangled), "Ahh, 'elp us mates".

One of the spiders entangled B'dar, another misses Alta, and the third spider wraps up Nightsky (entangled).

This is an intro to being webbed, in case you've never been webbed before.

You are entangled till free, you can attempt to escape artist or strength to free (-4 penalty to strength check to bust in web as well), standard actions.
You can instead try to cut yourself free (if you have a slashing weapon), webs have DR5 /-, but usually low hps.

Walking into an area of web is worst, I'll cover that if you do.

Jorr draws his bow and fires at one of the spiders (S3), hitting it, but not killing it.
-Ariya, Tobias up

shugyosha
2012-10-15, 11:14 PM
Ariya

OOC: I can't see that map

IC:

Ariya is caught unaware by the spiders but not by their webbing. With measured focus she draws her weapon and swings it low to free Nightsky, "Stay still dogboy."

move action: move near Nightsky and draw weapon.
standard action: cut webbing.

I'm not sure the DC to cut webbing and not the person inside, but I hope this works.
[roll0] attack with arcane strike
[roll1] damage

Starbuck_II
2012-10-16, 12:22 AM
(sorry forgot to make map public)
Nightsky is freed from the web.

Starbuck_II
2012-10-20, 01:16 PM
(since Tobias is being unhere yet, I'll just let him take two turns on PC turn rather than in surprise round, almost same thing.

Remember you need to dismount unless you have a good ride check to guide with knees to move horse)

Spider-like humanoid creatures web the Twin's horses next and the spiders fire web, but only hit B'dar's horse entangling it.

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoNhAVlr5CymdDRMVTJDNVV5c2diek95djNLQ1RlT nc&pli=1#gid=0

PCs turn.

shugyosha
2012-10-20, 01:28 PM
Ariya

She could ride but her strength lay being on her own two feet. Dismounting she begins her battle dance.

Move Action: Dismount to v13
Standard Action: Begin Battle Dance.

Ancient Hippo
2012-10-20, 07:28 PM
Alta jumps off her horse and evaluates the situation. The spiders have filled the place with some kind of sticky webbing, and there is no way she'll go to trudge in that mess.

She draws her bow, which immediately starts giving off an aura of magical energy. She aims at one of the spiders, then lets off a magically-enchanced arrow which both freezes and shocks it's target.

Unmounting, using a point from the arcane pool to give the bow both frost and shock propeties, then firing at S1, using deadly aim.
Shock: [roll2]
Cold: [roll3]

Crazyfailure13
2012-10-20, 09:52 PM
Darian hops off his horse and draws his sword, but stays were he is,

Starbuck_II
2012-10-25, 09:55 AM
(B'dar hasn't gone yet, I might have to PM him)
The twins draw their bows and fire shots at the ettercats, but miss due to being entangled.
Jorr fires again twice at one Spider 3 who falls dead.

Turn: B'dar, Nightsky, Tobias

Novawurmson
2012-10-26, 02:18 PM
B'dar's eyes flash, but he quickly controls himself. Focusing his will, he forms a serrated edge around his fists.

Using my Augment Suit ability to spend 1 PP for Hardened Strikes, choosing slashing damage. This lasts a number of rounds equal to my Int modifier (2).

Hardened Strikes: The aegis is considered to be armed even when unarmed, does not provoke attacks of opportunity when making unarmed strikes, and his unarmed strikes deal lethal damage. In addition, the aegis’s unarmed strikes can deal slashing or piercing damage, chosen at the time the customization is selected, instead of bludgeoning damage.

Starbuck_II
2012-10-29, 12:44 PM
(Tobias and Nightsky will be total defense since they not acted yet)

The remaining spider is getting restless and jumps off the webs. It tries to sink its fang into B'dar, hitting but not getting through the DR, leaving no visible wound (1 nonlethal, since no lethal no poison).

The ethercap E1 jumps at Darian, sinking its fangs, leaving no visible wound (1 nonlethal, since no lethal no poison).

The ethercap E2 jumps at Twin 1, sinking its fangs, leaving no visible wound (1 nonlethal, since no lethal no poison).

Player's turn:
Twin 1 tries total defense to kep from being hit, Twin 2 fires but misses due to aiming not hit ally.
Jorr tries to fire at the spider attacking B'dar, "Someone cut or burn those webs, let us get out of here before more appear." But his arrow misses and veers into the web doing nothing but geting stuck.

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoNhAVlr5CymdDRMVTJDNVV5c2diek95djNLQ1RlT nc&pli=1#gid=0