PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Elemental Druid - Druid Archetype

Gorfnod
2012-09-12, 01:00 PM
I have been in love with the Suli race since shortly before the ARG came out and since then have been messing around with the idea of a suli-jann that really embraces all the elementals have to offer, using them in direct form, summoning elemental creatures, and assuming the form of elementals. Druid seemed to me like the way to go but I felt like it could be pushed even a little bit further.

This is my first draft and everything is open for discussion, feel free to tear it apart and let me know what you think. For the time being I have only looked at the Core Rulebook for the spell list changes but that is open to discussion.

Thanks for any input.

Elemental Druid (Suli Druid Archetype)

Spells:The Elemental Druids spell list is modified in the following ways.
Remove Spells
1st Level - Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Detect Animals or Plants, Entangle, Hide from Animals, Speak with Animals
2nd Level - Animal Messenger, Animal Trance, Hold Animal, Reduce Animal, Summon Swarm, Tree Shape
3rd Level - Diminish Plants, Dominate Animal, Plant Growth, Speak with Plants
4th Level - Antiplant Shell, Blight, Command Plants
5th Level - Animal Growth, Awaken, Baleful Polymorph, Tree Stride, Wall of Thorns
6th Level - Liveoak, Repel Wood, Spellstaff, Transport via Plants
7th Level - Animate Plants, Changestaff
8th Level - Animal Shapes, Control Plants
9th Level - Shambler
Add Spells
1st Level - Burning Hands, Feather Fall, Shocking Grasp
2nd Level - Acid Arrow, Pyrotechnics, Scorching Ray
3rd Level - Fireball, Lightning Bolt
4th Level - Charm Monster (elementals only), Dimensional Anchor, Fire Shield, Solid Fog, Wall of Ice
5th Level - Cone of Cold, Dismissal, Hold Monster (elementals only)
6th Level - Acid Fog, Chain Lightning, Freezing Sphere
7th Level - Delayed Blast Fireball, Plane Shift
8th Level - Incendiary Cloud, Mass Charm Monster (elementals only), Polar Ray
9th Level - Meteor Swarm

Skills: Add Knowledge (Planes) to the Druids list of skills known.

Bonus Languages: In addition to a druid’s normal bonus language options, a druid may also select Aquan, Auran, Ignan, or Terran as bonus languages.

Elemental Body – Your close tie with the elements allows you to qualify for abilities that you would normally not be able to take. When selecting feats, you are also treated as being Ifrit, Oread, Sylph, and Undine. You must still meet all other prerequisites of the feats, but are able to select them as if you were members of these races. This ability replaces Wild Empathy and Nature Sense.

Bonus Feats (Ex): At 2nd level you can select any racial feat that you meet the requirements for. You gain an additional bonus racial feat at level 6 and every 4 levels after this. This ability replaces trackless step and woodland stride.

Elemental Defenses (Ex): At 4th level, the Elemental druid gains a +4 to saving throws and CMD against elementals. This ability replaces Resist’s Nature’s Lure

Elemental Ally (Su): At 3rd level, an Elemental Druid may call a Small elemental to her side. This elemental matches the druid in alignment but increases in power differently than the standard animal companion. Instead of following the animal companion advancement table, it increases in size as the Elemental Druid gains levels, becoming Medium at 6th level, Large at 9th level, Huge at 12th level, Greater at 15th level, and Elder at 18th level. The Elemental Druid is able to change what type of elemental she is allied with once per day. This takes one hour of concentration and may be done at the same time that the druid prepares her spells. This ability replaces Nature’s Bond.

Elemental Wild Shape (Su): At 4th level, the Elemental Druid gains wild shape but the druid treats her effective level for elemental forms as her “druid level + 2”. This functions in all ways as wild shape but allows for elemental forms to be assumed at earlier levels. Uses per day remain the same based on the druid’s base level; however the druid may never assume the form of animals or plants with wild shape.

Elemental Resistance: At 9th level the Elemental Druid gains resistance to acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5. This resistance increases to 10 at level 14 and to 15 at level 19. The resistance gained from this ability stacks with resistances gained from the druid’s racial abilities but not from any other sources. This ability replaces Venom Immunity.

devlingreye
2012-09-12, 01:41 PM
I like this. It's still a druid but gives you the added flare of the elemental druid. Good Job

Gorfnod
2012-09-13, 02:01 PM
I like this. It's still a druid but gives you the added flare of the elemental druid. Good Job

Thank you for the kind words. It's always nice to hear that someone enjoys your stuff.

Gorfnod
2012-09-24, 08:39 AM
Anyone have any opinions on balance for this archetype?

I have a player that is interested in picking this archetype up and am absolutley terrible and judging my own homebrew. Any suggestions or changes are welcome as always.