PDA

View Full Version : Eyadril: City of Intrigue, Lexin

Elrihm
2012-09-12, 04:25 PM
Unauthorized readers will be sent to the plane of elevator music

Fash spends the afternoon quietly probing the plaza, and the Market for information on his guild, but doesn't hear anything. As he is leaving the market district, he passes between the gates separating them when suddenly darkness envelops him, and he is struck unconscious. He awakens tied to a chair in an empty room, the bare walls splotched red.

Lexin
2012-09-12, 08:31 PM
Fash looks around, quietly trying the ropes to find out if he can get out from the bindings.

Character sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=441769)

Elrihm
2012-09-13, 03:30 PM
The bindings are tight against your struggles, rubbing your wrists raw. Outside you hear the low rumble of voices, and then the sharp retort of footsteps. The door opens silently, and admits an aged man with white hair, and a friendly demeanor. Walking up to you, he checks your bindings, and then speaks, his voice gentle.

"So the young prodigal one has returned. I assume your mission is complete?"

Lexin
2012-09-14, 05:33 AM
Two versions:

-If Fash knows this guy:
"Was it ever not, when I came back?"

-If not:
"Mission? If you call herb gathering like that, then yes, ...sir?"

Elrihm
2012-09-15, 03:31 PM
The old man will shake his head, and laugh, "Ha! Herbs. Caution is good, paranoia is better. We received word from a brother in the target city that the job had been complete. However, since it's been such a long time since you've been with us, some are questioning your loyalty, and want a test."

The old man pauses, pulls out a pipe, and lights it.

Lexin
2012-09-16, 06:20 AM
Fash stops trying to act as merchant, and instead listens and answers carefully.
"Test? ... I am listening..."

Elrihm
2012-09-18, 10:15 AM
The old man will click his teeth, and grimace before replying, "We have a traitor. Guards have been apprehending our students on their missions, always knowing where they'd be.

After this, the old man will spit out a few words in an ancient language, and the walls glow gently with blue runes. He goes over to inspect one of them, and apparently satisfied, continues, "I know you're not a traitor. You're the only damn one who's been gone. Still, people are frightened, and that makes them stupid, stupid enough to suspect you. So, you're going to hunt down this traitor, and get information from him. We need to know what he stood to gain from this, and who he was working for. Then, kill him. The death needs to be public and gruesome, to send a strong message."

Finished, he flicks his hand as if shooing off a fly, and your ropes uncoil from around you.

Lexin
2012-09-19, 06:18 AM
Fash stands up, massaging his wrists. Looks straight in the face of the old man and answers.
"If that is my mission... *shrug* ... any clue where to start, or all of my brothers are equally suspected?"

Elrihm
2012-09-21, 03:28 PM
The old man will shrug, and reply, "I'm not sure. I've got other things to worry about. Well, you are free to go."

He turns to go, but then stops at the door, and without turning around says, "Oh yes, I almost forgot. You have two weeks. Any longer than that, and I'm afraid I'll be forced to take action, and purge the guild."

With that, he leaves, and the blue runes on the walls wink out.

Lexin
2012-09-21, 03:35 PM
Fash leaves too, trying to think of the best way to find the traitor... he didn't like the word 'purge'...

Any hints from his past? Corrupt guard/ talkative assassin/ mercenary mage with domination/thought reading/charm focus?

First thing, he tries to find out where he actually is right now.

Elrihm
2012-09-25, 03:27 PM
You don't know anything that would help you figure this thing out.

You can safely assume that you're in one of the safehouses around the city that you guild holds.

Lexin
2012-09-25, 04:27 PM
I know he doesn't have an answer already. But he could know someone to talk to.
Nevermind though.

Fash goes out from the room, looking around to see if he is the only one in the safehouse. If not, he would observe the other guildmates for a while.

If he is indeed alone there, he would go outside and check where, more or less, he is right now. (Which district/ many people around or deserted area)

Elrihm
2012-09-28, 04:26 PM
Looking at the door before you leave, you find a sketch of the city on it, with dots labeling guild halls. There is one in the Nobles, and one in the beggars. You exit the room to find yourself blinking in the light of a late sun afternoon. The door closes behind you to seal seamlessly with the stone wall separating districts where you were nabbed.

Lexin
2012-09-29, 04:07 AM
Fash decides to go to the beggar district first. He is slowly going to the Guildhouse located there. He isn't going straight there and after entering the beggar's district he finds a place where nobody can see him and uses his Hat of Disguise to mesh with other beggars.

Disguise [roll0]

After that he spends a few hours observing the guildhouse from a safe distance (possibly walking away from time to time and sitting on the ground with wooden bowl and ... using Profession (beggar)) and trying to remember all that walk in and out.

If nobody stands out, after a while he walks in the guildhouse, obeying every procedures there are for such situations.

Elrihm
2012-10-08, 03:25 PM
You stand outside the guildhouse watching and waiting in your disguise. After some time, you see a young boy leave the guildhouse, dressed in torn hand-me-downs. Some time after that, you see a elf of indeterminate age with a bow go in. Finally, an orc dressed in leathers wielding a battleaxe comes out, and goes off. As the hours gather, a guard comes by and shoos you off.