PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a song: Slick rock and a blue sky?

Riverdance
2012-09-12, 07:18 PM
As per the heading, I'm looking for a song. The chorus lyrics are:

Slick rock and a blue sky,
Tall pines and a mountain high,
No phone, no car, no clock, just a,
Blue sky and a slick rock.

Somehow through all my googling, all I can find is a video of three teenage boys doing an off-tune rendition. I can't even find the rest of the lyrics. Does anyone know who the song is by, or who does a cover, or where I could get a copy? Much obliged Playground.

EDIT: Don't need more suggestions. Lady Moreta found it.

Jimorian
2012-09-12, 09:09 PM
No luck either, but you could ask the guys who made the video.

Lady Moreta
2012-09-12, 11:09 PM
I can't really find anything either, but you might contact the person who wrote this blog post (http://myselfmarriage.tumblr.com/post/435008355/lets-play) - the lyrics to the song you're looking for are at the bottom, and they say it's a favourite of theirs, so presumably they'll know the details you're after.

It also looks like you might have the words to the first line wrong (they're different in this person's blog post), but even using their lyrics I couldn't find anything. (Doesn't look like they've posted on said blog for a while, but it can't hurt to check and ask!)

edit: I've also discovered that it appears to be 'Slickrock' as one word, not two, but again, that doesn't seem to be helping. :smallannoyed:

EDIT

Holy crap on a cracker... I found it!!! (http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/debbiedaly)

Looks like Eb Eberlein is the writer and I'm guessing he also sings it - this lady seems to be essentially doing a cover of it. However, there is the option to buy her version of the song from this website (and I listened to the preview, it's definitely the same song).

Still can't find the lyrics for it, but she does have a myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/debdaly) - so if you really want the lyrics, you might be able to contact her and ask for them.

Rawhide
2012-09-13, 04:46 AM
There is an amateur performance of a song called "Slickrock and a Blue Sky" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PJrVM0R0-E

Lady Moreta
2012-09-13, 04:53 AM
I'm pretty sure that's the video Riverdance said he'd found... it's the only one I could find and I noticed in the comments someone called LaZodiac had asked about the original artist :smallwink:

I couldn't find a youtube video, but I found at least one artist who'd done the song, and I found the author.

Riverdance
2012-09-13, 04:25 PM
I'm impressed you found that. Thanks.

Lady Moreta
2012-09-13, 09:13 PM
I'm impressed you found that. Thanks.

I'm impressed that I found that... it just goes to show what you can accomplish when you're bored and have a lot of time on your hands :smallbiggrin:

Rawhide
2012-09-14, 10:34 AM
I'm pretty sure that's the video Riverdance said he'd found... it's the only one I could find and I noticed in the comments someone called LaZodiac had asked about the original artist :smallwink:

I couldn't find a youtube video, but I found at least one artist who'd done the song, and I found the author.

Ah, well, I didn't see that. I glanced at his post and did not see a link to it (you should link what you've already found - it helps others search for it and prevents duplication).

Lady Moreta
2012-09-14, 08:31 PM
Ah, well, I didn't see that. I glanced at his post and did not see a link to it (you should link what you've already found - it helps others search for it and prevents duplication).

I did link to it... :smallconfused: at least, I did, presuming you and I are talking about the same thing when we say 'link'.

I had to edit my post a couple of times to avoid double-posting, but there's a link to the webpage where the song is available to buy, and one to the artist's own myspace page. Or is that not what you meant by link?

Rawhide
2012-09-14, 08:36 PM
I did link to it... :smallconfused: at least, I did, presuming you and I are talking about the same thing when we say 'link'.

I had to edit my post a couple of times to avoid double-posting, but there's a link to the webpage where the song is available to buy, and one to the artist's own myspace page. Or is that not what you meant by link?

Not you and your links! Riverdance in the original post and the YouTube video link!

Riverdance
2012-09-14, 09:03 PM

Sorry about that. I'll take note for future reference.

Lady Moreta
2012-09-14, 11:02 PM
Not you and your links! Riverdance in the original post and the YouTube video link!

Oh.... well you didn't say that! :smalltongue: I thought you were talking to me.

Rawhide
2012-09-15, 02:03 AM
Sorry about that. I'll take note for future reference.

No need to apologise, just suggesting it for the future.

Oh.... well you didn't say that! :smalltongue: I thought you were talking to me.

I did and I was. The first part was in reply to you, the part in brackets was to Riverdance and everybody else searching for something.

Lady Moreta
2012-09-15, 03:41 AM
I did and I was. The first part was in reply to you, the part in brackets was to Riverdance and everybody else searching for something.

Right. I didn't realise the bit in brackets wasn't being aimed at me... though I did think there was something off about it.

I cannot brain today...