PDA

View Full Version : looking for an ability

Korivan
2012-09-13, 11:45 AM
I think this came from a prestige class, but I remember finding an ability that effected your magic with a form of nondetection. If anyone knows what the ability is and where its located it would help me out. Thanks.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-09-13, 04:34 PM
Off the top of my head, try looking at Spymaster(CAd), Mountebank(CS), or Unseen Seer(CM). I'm reasonably certain those sources are right, but I'm dead certain all three are in the complete X set.

Venger
2012-09-13, 06:15 PM
I think this came from a prestige class, but I remember finding an ability that effected your magic with a form of nondetection. If anyone knows what the ability is and where its located it would help me out. Thanks.

could you be a little more specific? is it a permanent nondetection effect on you? because I'm not sure how nondetection on spells would work, and I can't think of any effects that emulate that.

spymaster gives a bonus against scrying, but doesn't give nondetection.

the only class that does give permanent nondetection is planar handbook's very obscure "defiant." is that what you're thinking of?

rot42
2012-09-13, 09:20 PM
There is the Vecna Blooded template in Monster Manual V that gives anti-divination bennies and makes your name and deeds fade from memory.

Invisible Spell is a metamagic from Cityscape that does pretty much what you would expect from the name.

Can you remember any further details about what exactly is affected and how?

Korivan
2012-09-13, 11:33 PM
Nevermind, I found it in Races of the Wild. Luckstealer, subtle magic. Thanks though.

Jarveiyan
2012-09-14, 05:23 AM
Wildmage(CAr) also gets it at 6th lvl.