PDA

View Full Version : Need help Choosing a System.

anmgarmvits
2012-09-13, 12:54 PM
I have been working for a year or so the idea surrounding a "Call of Cthulhu"-esque campaign set in my University. The systems I have been considering include Savage Worlds, d20 Modern, Call of Cthulhu d20, the Supernatural RPG System, and I've heard a few things about GURPS.

The premise of the campaign is basically they are all members of the fictional student organization "The Paranormal Investigators League". The campaign would be run like a TV show, with 12 episodes in the first season (6 in fall, 1 Christmas Special, 5 in Spring), and if I get enough interest, it would probably run 3 seasons. The % breakdown would be between 40% Action 60% Roleplay. They would all play students.

So any recommendations, advice, words of caution, would be much appreciated.

Siegel
2012-09-13, 12:58 PM
Primetime Adventures

or

UnSpeakable or regular InSpectres

WalkingTarget
2012-09-13, 01:08 PM
InSpectres - premise is basically "what if Ghostbusters opened franchises and then were filmed as a workplace documentary like The Office?" I can see that working well.

---Edit-ninja'd

Siegel
2012-09-13, 01:22 PM
All 3 of the Games are high on PlayerEmpowerement so you have to keep thhis in mind if you want to Tell "your Story"

Knaight
2012-09-13, 01:38 PM
Trail of Cthulhu - it's a game intended for solving mysteries, and it handles it beautifully.

Now Playing - Much like PTA, this is a game intended for TV show style stories.

IdleMuse
2012-09-13, 03:05 PM
I've heard Smallville is great for TV shows, irrelevant of setting.

Totally Guy
2012-09-14, 04:00 AM
UnSpeakable or regular InSpectres

Is UnSpeakable and InSpectres hack? I've had some good times running InSpectres.

Siegel
2012-09-14, 04:37 AM
Yes, its for more mythos centric stories as far as i know.

anmgarmvits
2012-09-20, 10:39 AM
When I said "TV Show" I really meant that it was for my own benefit, but looking at InSpectres it's a system I can see turning out to be really enjoyable. Thanks for the help.