PDA

View Full Version : when crafting in 3.5 how does plus and static costs work

Voidling
2012-09-13, 01:09 PM
when crafting in 3.5 how does plus (+1 +4 ect) and static/flat costs work

say start with a master worked longsword then add +1 then add Illuminating (500 gold) does it now count as +2 ? if I added Prismatic burst (30,000) instead of Illuminating would it could still as +2 ?

staffs can are dual weapons and you can fight with both ends ect

if I enchant one end with +1 and warning and the other as +1 and Eager

would I get a 7 Initiative plus the other benefits ?

any advice for flying mount barding ?

Thanks in advance

prufock
2012-09-13, 01:20 PM
when crafting in 3.5 how does plus (+1 +4 ect) and static/flat costs work

say start with a master worked longsword then add +1 then add Illuminating (500 gold) does it now count as +2 ? if I added Prismatic burst (30,000) instead of Illuminating would it could still as +2 ?
Static costs do not affect the overall bonus of your weapon. You have a +1 weapon with Illuminating/Prismatic Burst.

staffs can are dual weapons and you can fight with both ends ect

if I enchant one end with +1 and warning and the other as +1 and Eager

would I get a 7 Initiative plus the other benefits ?
Each end of a double weapon is enchanted separately and is priced as such and give benefits separately. Each end of your staff would be a +2 weapon, and you would get the bonus to initiative for each of them as long as the bonus types don't conflict (which I'm pretty sure they don't). So short answer: yes.

Deophaun
2012-09-13, 01:24 PM
Static costs do not influence the cost of adding an additional plus to weapons or armor.

A +1 Prismatic Burst would cost 32,000. A +2 Prismatic Burst would cost 38,000. a +2 Illuminating Prismatic Burst would cost 38,500.

Yes, you can enchant both ends of a double weapon separately and receive their both benefits. Keep in mind that properties like flaming or brutal surge will only apply if you hit with the end that has that enchantment. Otherwise, you could have both an Eager and a Warning enchantment on separate ends and get both bonuses.

Voidling
2012-09-13, 01:28 PM
wow that was fast Thanks :smallsmile:

An eager weapon can be drawn as a free action. While wielding it, you gain a +2
bonus on initiative checks and a +2 bonus on damage rolls made during a surprise round and the first round of combat.

Eager is un-types

I think I'm reading this wrong but does Eager effect magic damage rolls and could I put Eager on both ends get the +2 initiative.

Warning weapon grants you a +5 insight bonus on initiative checks as long as it is held.

prufock
2012-09-13, 04:32 PM
An eager weapon can be drawn as a free action. While wielding it, you gain a +2
bonus on initiative checks and a +2 bonus on damage rolls made during a surprise round and the first round of combat.

Eager is un-types

I think I'm reading this wrong but does Eager effect magic damage rolls and could I put Eager on both ends get the +2 initiative.

Warning weapon grants you a +5 insight bonus on initiative checks as long as it is held.

Eager gives you +2 damage, only in the surprise round and first round of combat. It isn't typed, so it does whatever type of damage the weapon does (slashing, piercing, or bludgeoning).

Untyped bonuses from the same source normally don't stack. Holding 2 Eager weapons should still only give you the +2 (same as casting, for example, 2 Cat's Grace spells on yourself, you still only get the +4, not +8).

Voidling
2012-09-15, 04:06 PM
any advice for flying mount barding ?

Armour

enchant

crystals

Voidling
2012-09-16, 08:07 AM
Eager gives you +2 damage, only in the surprise round and first round of combat. It isn't typed, so it does whatever type of damage the weapon does (slashing, piercing, or bludgeoning).

Untyped bonuses from the same source normally don't stack. Holding 2 Eager weapons should still only give you the +2 (same as casting, for example, 2 Cat's Grace spells on yourself, you still only get the +4, not +8).

so belt of battle + Eager enchant stack as their untyped from different sources

The Random NPC
2012-09-16, 08:14 AM
so belt of battle + Eager enchant stack as their untyped from different sources

Yes, also I've heard that the static prices contribute to when an item is considered epic, i.e. when a magic item exceeds 200,000 gp.