PDA

View Full Version : Intimidating Animal Companion

demigodus
2012-09-13, 04:31 PM
I'm looking to have my Druid (level 15) pick up a Dire Tortoise as an animal companion.

While I didn't feel like making my character focus on intimidating (too easy to shut down), I figure having my AC be shut down wouldn't be too big of an issue.

So what are some feats/items I could give my animal companion to help it be more intimidating? Namely, is there a way to add strength to intimidate? Or to get around Imperious Command's Charisma req?

demigodus
2012-09-14, 03:33 PM
le bump

If it isn't really possible, at least could I get some confirmation on it? As well as advice on possible "tank" feats? I intend to use Constant Guardian + Dutiful Guardian (Drow in the Underdark), so having it get in way of the attacks hopefully won't be too difficult.

Urpriest
2012-09-14, 06:58 PM
Well, you've got the advantage of using a Dire Tortoise for this, so it can intimidate in the surprise round. Because of that, the Never Outnumbered skill trick from Complete Scoundrel would be quite useful. It'd be tough to hack Imperious Command onto it, as you point out, and getting it as a class skill would probably take a feat.

nedz
2012-09-15, 05:42 AM
What sources are available ?

Intimidating Prowess can get you Strength to Intimidate, but that's PF.

The only feats I know of, which your AC might qualify for, to get you Intimidate as a class skill are from Dragon Magazine.

demigodus
2012-09-16, 01:45 AM
All official 3.5 materials other than Magic Item Compedium are available, including dragon magazine. I could ask the DM about pathfinder material if that is the only way.

Diovid
2012-09-16, 02:09 AM
There is a note in the DMG saying that at the DM's discretion alternative abilities can be used for skills, page 33 at the bottom.

nedz
2012-09-16, 09:59 AM
Flexible Mind (DR326 p80) Adds two skills to your class skill list, and you get a +1 bonus. You must be chaotic though, and this is detectable.