PDA

View Full Version : How to give a bard domains?

metabolicjosh
2012-09-13, 09:07 PM
How would i get access to a domain if i am a straight Bard?

Any ideas?

Hirax
2012-09-13, 09:15 PM
The arcane disciple feat from Complete Divine gets you access to the spells, but not domain power, of a cleric domain. Planar touchstone (Catalogs of Enlightenment) from the Planar Handbook can grab you the domain power of any cleric domain, and a limited ability to cast spells from that domain.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-13, 09:19 PM
Thank you!

Or as the say in my tongue.

Domoarigato gozaimasu! Anata ha Shinimasen. Choto sumimasen to konfusion desu.

No i am actually american. xD

nedz
2012-09-14, 04:41 AM
Arcane Disciple allows you to add the domain spells to your list of possible spells known, you still need to spend a spells known slot on learning them.

HunterOfJello
2012-09-14, 04:43 AM
Play a Divine Bard and take 2 levels in Holt Warden. You can then take levels in some other classes like Singer of Chonchordance to gain more domains.

Proper and full use of domains only go to Clerics if you follow the Complete Divine rules, but you can get around those if the wording of a class feature is more specific than those rules.

Dictum Mortuum
2012-09-14, 05:03 AM
Play a Divine Bard and take 2 levels in Holt Warden. You can then take levels in some other classes like Singer of Chonchordance to gain more domains.

Proper and full use of domains only go to Clerics if you follow the Complete Divine rules, but you can get around those if the wording of a class feature is more specific than those rules.

Divine Bard + Contemplative alone arguably works.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-14, 07:58 AM
Wait... did dictum mortum just post on one of my threads?!? OMG! Sorry i thought he was like to good to post here... xD

Oh and thanks

For all the fish.

Dictum Mortuum
2012-09-14, 08:41 AM
Wait... did dictum mortum just post on one of my threads?!? OMG! Sorry i thought he was like to good to post here... xD

Oh and thanks

For all the fish.

I'm not that good and, really, my glorious days of character optimization are over. I still do updates to handbooks and stuff, but I haven't contributed anything new in years.

Thanks for your words though :D

ShurikVch
2012-09-14, 03:12 PM
Some PrCs can give you bonus domains.

There are some examples.
//Info can be outdated (3.0)
//Not all this PrCs are good for bards, or easy to get.

Divine Agent, Divine Disciple and Contemplative get some.
Sovereign Speaker get bonus domains on every class level.

Specific domains:
Divine Oracle - Oracle
Justice Hammer of Moradin - War
Maiden of Pain - Pain
Mystic Keeper of Corellon Larethian - Magic
Seeker of the Misty Isle - Travel
Horned Harbinger - Death
Talontar Blightlord - Blightbringer
Yuan-Ti Cultist - Suffering
Dracolyte - Glory (if not-evil) or the Domination (if evil)
Auspician - Fate (But class prereq. access to Luck domain)
Battlepriest - Healing (But class prereq. access to one of domains: Nobility, Protection, Strength, War)
Warpriest - Glory (if not-evil) or the Domination (if evil) (But class prereq. access to one of domains: Destruction, Protection, Strength, or War)

Also, IIRR, feat "Extra Domain" allow take domains even if you don't have any. But it's [epic] stuff.