PDA

View Full Version : Bite of the Wolf damage progression

Gom_Golagoog
2005-07-07, 07:00 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/biteoftheWolf.htm
In the description of the psionic power Bite of the Wolf, there is a damage progression table. It goes from 1d8 -> 2d6 -> 2d8 -> 4d6 -> 6d6. The power does 1d8 damage (for a medium creature) plus an additional 1d8 damage for every 5 levels. Does only the base damage scale up, or does all of it? So, for example, would a Gargantuan 11th level psychic warrior have a bite that does 3d8 -> 6d6 -> 6d8 -> 12d6 damage?
I was musing about an 11th level centaur psychic warrior with Expansion (from Large to Gargantuan), Claws of the Beast, Painful Touch and Bite of the Wolf. Then she could do something like 10d6/10d6/13d6/3d6/3d6 with her claw/claw/bite/hoof/hoof attack routine. Maybe I'd add in that tentacle feat from Lords of Madness to add another couple of attacks, too (so she could take the Multiattack feat). ;D

AtomicKitKat
2005-07-07, 07:45 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/biteoftheWolf.htm
In the description of the psionic power Bite of the Wolf, there is a damage progression table. It goes from 1d8 -> 2d6 -> 2d8 -> 4d6 -> 6d6. The power does 1d8 damage (for a medium creature) plus an additional 1d8 damage for every 5 levels. Does only the base damage scale up, or does all of it? So, for example, would a Gargantuan 11th level psychic warrior have a bite that does 3d8 -> 6d6 -> 6d8 -> 12d6 damage?
I was musing about an 11th level centaur psychic warrior with Expansion (from Large to Gargantuan), Claws of the Beast, Painful Touch and Bite of the Wolf. Then she could do something like 10d6/10d6/13d6/3d6/3d6 with her claw/claw/bite/hoof/hoof attack routine. Maybe I'd add in that tentacle feat from Lords of Madness to add another couple of attacks, too (so she could take the Multiattack feat). ;D

She qualified once you gave her the bite(or claws) in addition to her hooves. Multiattack only needs three or more natural weapons. Don't forget to take "Improved Natural Attack", that pushes your attacks(of the listed type, like INA: Claw improves claws, INA: Hooves imrproves hooves, etc.) up one size category(so that your hooves attacks will be identical to those from a Colossal version of yourself)

Gom_Golagoog
2005-07-07, 08:22 AM
She qualified once you gave her the bite(or claws) in addition to her hooves. Multiattack only needs three or more natural weapons.
The bite and claws aren't permanent; I figured only actual natural weapons (as opposed to ones bestowed by wild shape, Claws of the Beast, Polymorph, etc.) fit the prerequisites for Multiattack. Similarly, I wouldn't think a fighter with Fox's Cunning would qualify for Combat Expertise.

AtomicKitKat
2005-07-07, 08:55 AM
The bite and claws aren't permanent; I figured only actual natural weapons (as opposed to ones bestowed by wild shape, Claws of the Beast, Polymorph, etc.) fit the prerequisites for Multiattack. Similarly, I wouldn't think a fighter with Fox's Cunning would qualify for Combat Expertise.

Well, you could say that they lose the benefit of those feats when they no longer qualify(when the spell ends).

Rigeld
2005-07-07, 11:13 AM
Well, you could say that they lose the benefit of those feats when they no longer qualify(when the spell ends).

Precisely. You can take a feat as long as you manifest the power that gives you the prereqs/are buffed to the prereqs. Once you lose the buff/stop manifesting however, you lose the benefits of the feat, until you regain the buff/manifest.

Gom_Golagoog
2005-07-07, 04:30 PM
In that case, I'd take the feat Snatch, too, for the automatic bite/claw damage each round.

Titanium_Dragon
2005-07-07, 04:49 PM

Your interpretation is the correct one.

Firesong
2007-12-08, 04:37 AM
In fact, it isn't. Wizards released a statement that you can take any feat you meat the prerequisites for, although you lose the use of that feat (and any feats which depend upon it) when you no longer meet the feat's prerequisites.