PDA

View Full Version : How to kill everything!

metabolicjosh
2012-09-13, 11:31 PM
I have a way to kill anyone mages incuded!(except those immune to damage) Get the rings that let you throw things through one and out the other. Now use a scroll make a plane using genesis on the astral sea. Ok the plane needs to have no air. (this is allowed by raw) Now it has High gravity.

Set a ring Like this.

Ring1 direction A
Ring1 direction B

Ring2 direction B
Ring2 direction A

_________________________ Ground

Then put a lead ball in it. It will fall and fall gaining speed until it starts to gain mass. Then at the event horizon every thing is eaten by a infinite mass black whole. Then anything left is vaporized as the infinite energy quasar Blows through nonexistence.

Or if you want to do it a other way just Shrink Person (affects magic items) And drop one ring into a other. xD

Post your own!

ericgrau
2012-09-14, 12:19 AM
The ring gates have a limit on how much they can transport per day.

Eugenides
2012-09-14, 12:31 AM
Iron Heart Surge Gravity.

Or time. Cause of aging and all that.

TuggyNE
2012-09-14, 12:38 AM
From replies to the post this was split off of:

Difficulties:

Ring gates are limited in the amount of mass they can transport per day (100 lb)
General and special relativity are not guaranteed to exist
The ring gates will be destroyed when the black hole, if it forms, is quite small, which stops its growth (and indeed begins shrinking it, due to Hawking radiation)
There is no particular reason to suppose that a black hole in a given genesis'd demiplane would affect any other plane in any special fashion, unless it was connected with those other planes through gates or similar, and the black hole was large enough to exert sufficient force through those gates

Or i just drop one smaller one (as per shrink person) into a larger one. This would cause infinite rings to be produced. And then you got a infinite wave going through the astral sea (which has portals to each plane) And boom. Infinite mass in a finite space. Black whole! Quasar! Boom! Dead every thing except wizard. Maybe punpun will live too...

This still doesn't solve the problem of the ring gate mass transfer limit, or ring gate destruction. Also, the astral sea does not, in fact, have "portals" as such to everywhere; instead, it overlaps all planes.

Malroth
2012-09-14, 04:37 AM
Well even with the 100 mile limit on distance between entrance and exit and 100lb total transfer per 24 hours you can get some REALLY nasty energies out of the ringgates, A half pound object will pass through the gates 200 times over the course of 42 minutes of freefall, upon impact it will have an impact force of aproximately 2 tonnes of TNT

killianh
2012-09-14, 04:43 AM
My favourite way to kill everything has always been teleport through time and hope they weren't immortal.

Coidzor
2012-09-14, 04:57 AM
Darn, here I was hoping this had come up with a legitimate way to target a plane based upon Mechanus-Bot or something.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-14, 07:51 AM
Ok second way is to use true creation to make; anti-matter, Pure Electrons, Nutroneon, Or Dark Energy.

The last would be funny because a whole bunch of Demi-Reapers would descend on you if the GM didn't change his mind....

So seriously though,
Number 1. Is a explosion the size of 3 milky-way galaxy.
Number 2. Would cause a black whole that could start the big crunch!
Number 3. I don't even know what would happen!
Number 4. Gravity is countered and we all fly into space fast enough to melt from friction.

Malroth
2012-09-14, 04:04 PM
1) 15th lv true creation that made anti-uranium would create 811kg of antimatter which would then explode with a force of 32 thousand megatonnes of Tnt It would wipe out a continent but the planet would probably survive and it definately wouldn't destroy the universe

2) 15 cubic feet of "pure electrons" would weigh maybe 1microgram and make everybody's in the room's hair stand on end and maybe take a d6 of electrical damage

3) you mean Neutronium? 15 cubic feet of neutronium would create 127 Trillon Kilograms of neutronium (aproximately half the weight of mount everest) and would immediately either explode in a massive nuclear reaction that would reduce the planet to asteroids (antimatter may have a more efficient reaction but 127 trillion KG is a LOT of reactant) or remain intact in which case it would immediately fall through the planet repeatedly "disintigrating" everything it touched.

4) Maybe, assuming dark energy has volume and mass and consistent properties, all of which are kinda suspect at the moment.

TiaC
2012-09-14, 04:18 PM
2) 15 cubic feet of "pure electrons" would weigh maybe 1microgram and make everybody's in the room's hair stand on end and maybe take a d6 of electrical damage

If it was solid I get 10^25 coulombs of charge, this would have a much greater effect than you said. (Assuming classical electron radius)

TuggyNE
2012-09-14, 04:40 PM
If it was solid I get 10^25 coulombs of charge, this would have a much greater effect than you said. (Assuming classical electron radius)

Of the things it might do, black hole creation is not one of them. (You'd probably get a decent burst of highly energetic electrons, though. But "explosion of cosmic rays" is less impressive, and rightly so.)

Kansaschaser
2012-09-14, 04:48 PM
Ok second way is to use true creation to make; anti-matter, Pure Electrons, Nutroneon, Or Dark Energy.

The last would be funny because a whole bunch of Demi-Reapers would descend on you if the GM didn't change his mind....

So seriously though,
Number 1. Is a explosion the size of 3 milky-way galaxy.
Number 2. Would cause a black whole that could start the big crunch!
Number 3. I don't even know what would happen!
Number 4. Gravity is countered and we all fly into space fast enough to melt from friction.

1) 15th lv true creation that made anti-uranium would create 811kg of antimatter which would then explode with a force of 32 thousand megatonnes of Tnt It would wipe out a continent but the planet would probably survive and it definately wouldn't destroy the universe

3) you mean Neutronium? 15 cubic feet of neutronium would create 127 Trillon Kilograms of neutronium (aproximately half the weight of mount everest) and would immediately either explode in a massive nuclear reaction that would reduce the planet to asteroids (antimatter may have a more efficient reaction but 127 trillion KG is a LOT of reactant) or remain intact in which case it would immediately fall through the planet repeatedly "disintigrating" everything it touched.

4) Maybe, assuming dark energy has volume and mass and consistent properties, all of which are kinda suspect at the moment.

You know, idiot spellcasters probabaly experiment with stuff like this all the time, we all die and a fiery explosion. Then the Gods give a collective sigh as they have to put everything back together again. Then they "neuter" the spellcaster that caused the destruction, preventing him from doing it again.

I think this happens on a regular basis. As well as things like Pun-Pun, which they have to stop before he/she gains any divine rank.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-14, 05:45 PM
Ok i guess i posted the wrong idea...

So true creation to make a pure electron cube..... So if you were to pack them to the point where they touch. This would be enough mass to make a black whole.

But on to way three.

Make a 3d sphere portal that goes to each other universe in existence. Thus infinite mass is occupied in one spot. And So this would destroy all existence.

Way four

A w-Artificer makes a super death star. Using Rod of many wands effects.
Make a custom rod that allows Rods too. Not hard just a little more gp. Then do this.

wwwwwwwwwww
rrrrrrrrrrwwwwww
rrrrrrrrrrwwwwww
rrrrrrrrrrrwwwwww
rrrrrrrrrrrrwwwwww
rrrrrrrrrrrwwwwww
rrrrrrrrrrwwwwww
rrrrrrrrrrwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwww

Then just go around killin stuff till all is gone...

TuggyNE
2012-09-14, 05:54 PM
You know, idiot spellcasters probabaly experiment with stuff like this all the time, we all die and a fiery explosion. Then the Gods give a collective sigh as they have to put everything back together again. Then they "neuter" the spellcaster that caused the destruction, preventing him from doing it again.

I think this happens on a regular basis. As well as things like Pun-Pun, which they have to stop before he/she gains any divine rank.

Sure, but hopefully they're more varied, at least after a while. (Also, I like to imagine that Pun-Pun is in fact the one responsible for dealing with this kind of folly. He's the most suited to it, after all.)

So true creation to make a pure electron cube..... So if you were to pack them to the point where they touch. This would be enough mass to make a black whole.

You're probably thinking of neutrons, not electrons. Electrons are highly charged (and therefore repel each other very strongly) and have remarkably little mass (and therefore do a bad job of making a black hole). Neutrons can work, sure, but you'd need a great deal more mass than that to make a stable black hole. Look up neutron stars sometime; they are, essentially, what you're describing, but often several hundred meters across. And no, they aren't black holes, because there isn't enough mass concentrated there.

But on to way three.

Make a 3d sphere portal that goes to each other universe in existence. Thus infinite mass is occupied in one spot. And So this would destroy all existence.

I don't understand this at all.

Way four

A w-Artificer makes a super death star. Using Rod of many wands effects.
Make a custom rod that allows Rods too. Not hard just a little more gp. Then do this.

wwwwwwwwwww
rrrrrrrrrrwwwwww
rrrrrrrrrrwwwwww
rrrrrrrrrrrwwwwww
rrrrrrrrrrrrwwwwww
rrrrrrrrrrrwwwwww
rrrrrrrrrrwwwwww
rrrrrrrrrrwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwww

Then just go around killin stuff till all is gone...

I guess that might work? Just a hint, though, TO tends to assume no custom items or other DM-adjudication stuff, in order to show strict RAW compliance. It's much more interesting that way.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-14, 06:15 PM
Or Chuck Norris could use, iron heart surge the universe.

Augmental
2012-09-14, 06:20 PM
I don't understand this at all.

I think the idea is that since it's a sphere, it has infinite sides, and each side is a portal. Since it has every universe connected to it, that means infinite energy. I'm kind of doubtful on if this even work physics-wise (Do round things have infinite sides?), and I have no idea on RAW (how would you open an infinite amount of portals?). Summoning up a chunk of anti-osmium would be likelier to work.

Why are we limiting this to Chuck Norris?

TuggyNE
2012-09-14, 06:58 PM
I think the idea is that since it's a sphere, it has infinite sides, and each side is a portal. Since it has every universe connected to it, that means infinite energy. I'm kind of doubtful on if this even work physics-wise (Do round things have infinite sides?), and I have no idea on RAW (how would you open an infinite amount of portals?).

That, and a portal to another plane doesn't really ... do anything explosive on its own. I mean, cool, you're mixing Plane of Fire, Plane of Water, Positive Energy Plane, and Negative Energy Plane. So? That just makes a nice little burst of steam and weird energy trickles and stuff, and probably randomly destroys your equipment, but doesn't exactly... blow up all of existence.

demigodus
2012-09-14, 07:42 PM

a) You can't get them so close together that they touch. At that point you enter quantum mechanics sizes, and the electrons can't occupy the same energy states

b) that would just make a naked singularity, at which point the electrons would explode away from each other

c) even if science worked that way, using the classic electron radius, that would be about 4.2 x 10^12 kg of electrons. For the record, the moon weighs 10^10 times as much. So your "black hole" would effect something as far away as the moon from us, about 10^20 times weaker than the moon effects the earth.

Lesson: Just because something is a black hole, doesn't mean it is a cosmic force of total destruction. There can be insignificantly weak black holes too.

But on to way three.

That force (gravity) you keep using. I don't think it works the way you think it does.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-14, 08:11 PM
{{scrubbed}}

Kazyan
2012-09-14, 08:42 PM
This is getting very silly.

If we're just going by "absurd amount of energy + real world physics = death" logic, the air goblin express (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142080)'s arbitrarily high speed and any immunity-to-damage exploit will do the trick.

Eugenides
2012-09-14, 08:44 PM

Uh, no chuck needed. And this was already suggested.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-14, 08:49 PM
So dies anyone have any ideas?

metabolicjosh
2012-09-14, 09:16 PM
This guy attacks...

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=424923

TiaC
2012-09-14, 09:33 PM
Could I use true creation to create a few cubic feet of singularities? Or a photon with arbitrarily large energy?

metabolicjosh
2012-09-14, 09:55 PM
Yes... Yes.. YEs. YES!!!! bHauhAHA

SowZ
2012-09-15, 02:03 AM
The problem with epic spells creating abstract-sh things is that, again, it requires DM adjudication. Creating a type of matter is legitimate enough, sure. But creating abstract things may be outside of TO. Some endless water trick with some sort of super time speed up deal may be able to drown the universe?

ShneekeyTheLost
2012-09-15, 04:47 AM
Or be a Dragonwrought Kobold WhirlPounceBarian/Warblade/BloodstormBlade/WarMind with Great Cleave, Lightning Mace, Distant Shot, and an Aptitude + Ghost Touch weapon.

Each hit is generating at least two and possibly three bonus attacks. Your range is 'line of sight'.

It's not 100% perfect, since it won't kill casters using Astral Projection whilst sipping martinis in his own pocket plane, and it can't counter Contingency, but it'll kill anything physically present without a 'get out of trouble' card like a Contingency Celerity.

It is Melee, taken to its ultimate conclusion. Which means, unlike wizards, it still has to follow at least some rules. But at least it is completely mundane, barring a few maneuvers which are likely never used.

Failing that? LCB: Wight version (using Fell Drain to kill all those 1HD commoners through level drain, causing a mass of Wights to appear, which further spreads Wightocalypse).

Eugenides
2012-09-15, 05:16 AM
Or be a Dragonwrought Kobold WhirlPounceBarian/Warblade/BloodstormBlade/WarMind with Great Cleave, Lightning Mace, Distant Shot, and an Aptitude + Ghost Touch weapon.

Each hit is generating at least two and possibly three bonus attacks. Your range is 'line of sight'.

I would be interested in a fully outlined build for this. Just for curiosity's sake.

ShneekeyTheLost
2012-09-15, 08:44 AM
I would be interested in a fully outlined build for this. Just for curiosity's sake.

Well, you need four levels of Bloodstorm Blade and five levels of War Mind. You also need at least one level of Warblade for easier meeting of Prerequisites for Bloodstorm Blade. The rest is negotiable as long as it is full BAB.

Basically, with Bloodstorm Blade, you can make your thrown weapon attacks considered to be melee attacks. Thus you can hit people with Great Cleave or sweeping strike attacks as long as you can throw your weapon at them.

Dragonwrought kobold is for early qualification of Epic feats for Distant Shot to extend range to Line of Sight. Otherwise, you are capped at 200', with Far Shot + Distance weapon.

As for the rest of it? The usual suspects for damage increasing, sprinkled with Ubercharge to taste, to make sure that no matter what you are hitting, it is going down in one hit. Possibly blow a couple of feats on Stone Power + Shards of Granite if you are worried about DR, but that should be a non-issue by mid-levels.

ThiagoMartell
2012-09-15, 09:15 AM
Dead catgirls. Dead catgirls everywhere! The horror! The horror!

SowZ
2012-09-15, 12:35 PM
Well, you need four levels of Bloodstorm Blade and five levels of War Mind. You also need at least one level of Warblade for easier meeting of Prerequisites for Bloodstorm Blade. The rest is negotiable as long as it is full BAB.

Basically, with Bloodstorm Blade, you can make your thrown weapon attacks considered to be melee attacks. Thus you can hit people with Great Cleave or sweeping strike attacks as long as you can throw your weapon at them.

Dragonwrought kobold is for early qualification of Epic feats for Distant Shot to extend range to Line of Sight. Otherwise, you are capped at 200', with Far Shot + Distance weapon.

As for the rest of it? The usual suspects for damage increasing, sprinkled with Ubercharge to taste, to make sure that no matter what you are hitting, it is going down in one hit. Possibly blow a couple of feats on Stone Power + Shards of Granite if you are worried about DR, but that should be a non-issue by mid-levels.

Anyway to increase line of sight by enough to be worthwhile? Seeing through walls is also a must for complete havoc. Magic item compendium, anyone?

ShurikVch
2012-09-15, 01:14 PM
Everything?
Use Polymorph Any Object to turn sand into the antimatter.
Or to make a little black hole.

Crasical
2012-09-15, 02:13 PM

.... Actually, I kind of want to run an Old Master type character who uses Iron Heart Surge to remove the penalties for aging at the start of each battle so that he has a +6 to all his physical stats. Like a frail old man that focuses his ki or whatever and suddenly he's hulked out like he was back in his prime.

TuggyNE
2012-09-15, 03:48 PM
Everything?
Use Polymorph Any Object to turn sand into the antimatter.
Or to make a little black hole.

A canny DM will catch you with this clause:
This spell cannot create material of great intrinsic value, such as copper, silver, gems, silk, gold, platinum, mithral, or adamantine.

Antimatter is undeniably intrinsically valuable, and it's difficult to argue that a small black hole (e.g., event horizon <1mm, mass roughly that of Earth) is not valuable.

Also, Hawking radiation affects smaller black holes disproportionately.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-15, 05:32 PM
Way 11

A chicken infested commoner Creates infinte Chickens and Gets infinite STR Then he punches earth with his fist.

Way 12

You use a Demi-plane with super time acceleration. Then put a endless decanter of water in it. Now Go to any plane you want destroyed. Use gate to link the plane to yours....

Way 13

Use the wealth by level of a level 20 wizard to become a demilich. Crafting feats Required... Then suck out everyone's soul! Use Simulacrums

Malroth
2012-09-15, 09:55 PM
11) Seems to actually work by RAW assuming there are infinite Free actions in a round (i've always imposed a limit of 3) and that Chicken infested allows you to pull a chicken on purpose as well as accident.

12) your Demiplane has finite volume, 2.44 Million cubic feet for a 180 foot radius demiplane. this is the same amount of water as in 25 Olympic swimming pools, or the cargo capaticity of a medium sized oil tanker.

13) 20th lv wizard.....

metabolicjosh
2012-09-15, 10:57 PM
11) Seems to actually work by RAW assuming there are infinite Free actions in a round (i've always imposed a limit of 3) and that Chicken infested allows you to pull a chicken on purpose as well as accident.

12) your Demiplane has finite volume, 2.44 Million cubic feet for a 180 foot radius demiplane. this is the same amount of water as in 25 Olympic swimming pools, or the cargo capaticity of a medium sized oil tanker.

Which is the amount of water that would be spurt out each round because of the time dilation.

13) 20th lv wizard.....

Well no one else is giving any ideas!

14) A Kobolt....

15) A guy gets a way to speak to the whole world. Then succeeds on the DC 50 Intimidate check to cause a heart attack from Dragon lance.

16) The Super Awesome Dude throws the moon at earth. (I've actually done this.) But the DM used falling rules instead of Heavy object rules...

17) A succubus gets a hold of the Simulacrum spell.

18) Use a Gate Spell inside the area of a other Gate. Steven Hawking's has a paper on the effects of interlining Wormholes. They link to a Infinite amount of Whiteholes, but this would only send matter through to the whitehole. Then Find a way to reverse the Passage way. What happens i don't Know.

19) Chuck Norris does a push up.

20) Apocalypse from above does what it should do.

SowZ
2012-09-16, 02:13 AM
Why do people think a black hole=total destruction? Assuming they exist like we think they do, there are a lot of them already in our universe and we are still around.

TuggyNE
2012-09-16, 02:17 AM
EDIT: self-scrubbed, due to slightly inflammatory language.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-09-16, 02:56 AM
Why do people think a black hole=total destruction? Assuming they exist like we think they do, there are a lot of them already in our universe and we are still around.

Because most laymen only know black hole = super gravity.

Most folk don't understand what a singularity is (technically noone, since scientists haven't really figured it out either), or have even heard of hawking radiation. They don't know that black holes don't have infinite mass. All they do know is that anything that falls into a black hole is, for all practical intents, utterly anihilated.

Most people don't even know that such a thing as micro black holes even exist, much less that they've been created in the LHC numerous times since it started up.

Basically, the idea comes from a lack of information.

Malroth
2012-09-16, 03:58 AM
Start a druid and take a horse as your animal companion
Shrink animal your horse so that it's now a pony
Awaken animal on your pony
Watch as the DM destroys the universe since you have created magical talking ponies.

(note this works on both Brony and Non Brony DM's because Bronys will destroy you for making fun of their hobby and Non Brony's will kill you for the eldritch abomination you have wroght upon his campaign)

Toliudar
2012-09-16, 04:22 AM
I think we're overlooking the obvious option: be the DM.

ShurikVch
2012-09-16, 04:56 AM
There is a spell just for this.

(I know, it's an OD&D. But this spell still deserved to be mentioned in this thread.)

So, from Dragon #4 :

10th level —
Armageddon

A blast of pure energy delivering 1021
(1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) points of damage.
Destroys the world. No saving throw.
Game over.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-16, 11:04 AM
Wow that is a lot.

So you guys know i don't think that black holes have infinite Mass. However i am making ways that cause infinite mass to Converge.

21) Wizards get bored of the world.

22) Pelor reveals his true alignment. (EVIL)

23) Myr Galvaniser..... Fireball

24) Chain-reached-Expanded (Over and over) Flesh to Stone. Then Stone to Mud. Then Clean Water. Then Dry Lich...

24) Heck, just Dry lich.

25) Psion uses MoI... Then Genesis.

26) DM forgets about the game.

27) Player do the Wight Thang!

metabolicjosh
2012-09-16, 06:07 PM
Ok

28) A Wizard uses sanctum spell to modify his Acid Splash. Then he uses Arcane thesis. Resulting in a -1 Spell Slot. World Breaks from use of Anti-Magic!

29) A Giant Ape Runs a muck in New York.

30) Women Take Over. (Not Likely)

31) A player takes Leadership, then his cohort takes....

32) ..... Persisted Time Stop ......

lord_khaine
2012-09-16, 06:33 PM

Why do people constantly ignore that IHS can only remove an effect that has a duration?

Augmental
2012-09-16, 06:34 PM
31) A player takes Leadership, then his cohort takes....

32) ..... Persisted Time Stop ......

It's like one apocalypse for the price of two!

Seriously, this isn't really an apocalypse. You'd need to have some way to destroy the world in a day, although a wizard of at least 17th level shouldn't have any problem with that...

Why do people constantly ignore that IHS can only remove an effect that has a duration?

"Until the Vacuum Metastability Event happens" is a duration. :smallbiggrin:

SowZ
2012-09-16, 07:24 PM
It's like one apocalypse for the price of two!

Seriously, this isn't really an apocalypse. You'd need to have some way to destroy the world in a day, although a wizard of at least 17th level shouldn't have any problem with that...

"Until the Vacuum Metastability Event happens" is a duration. :smallbiggrin:

Presumably, the laws of physics were created and are sustained by the gods themselves in D&D.