Forgotten realms campaign setting
Ghostwalk
Kingdoms of Kalamar
Masters of the Wild
Savage Species
Secrets of Sarlona
Sword and Fist

3.0 or 3.5?

Redirecting me to other sites might be unhelpful, because somehow my computer is having trouble opening many other forums and the WotC site. :smallannoyed:

Daftendirekt
2012-09-14, 08:10 AM
I have a question that my google-fu has failed to answer me. Are the books:

Dragonlance campaign setting
Ghostwalk
Kingdoms of Kalamar
Masters of the Wild
Savage Species
Secrets of Sarlona
Sword and Fist

3.0 or 3.5?

Redirecting me to other sites might be unhelpful, because somehow my computer is having trouble opening many other forums and the WotC site. :smallannoyed:

A few I'm not sure, but I know sure that the following are 3.0:

Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
Sword and Fist
Masters of the Wild
Savage Species

The others I don't know.

Urpriest
2012-09-14, 08:15 AM

Ghostwalk
Kingdoms of Kalamar
Masters of the Wild
Savage Species
Secrets of Sarlona
Sword and Fist

3.0 or 3.5?

Dragonlance campaign setting - had to dig it up, but it's 3.0. It's got the Rage spell, for example
Forgotten realms campaign setting - 3.0, near the beginning
Ghostwalk - 3.0
Kingdoms of Kalamar - No idea. Given timing I think 3.5.
Masters of the Wild - 3.0. That series was the 3.0 equivalent of the Completes
Savage Species - 3.0, but close to the 3.5 border, with a few 3.5 rules included
Secrets of Sarlona - 3.5, like everything in Eberron
Sword and Fist - 3.0, See Masters of the Wild

Yora
2012-09-14, 08:31 AM
Secrets of Sarlona is clearly 3.5e.
Everything else is 3.0. Kingdoms of Kalmar was the first 3rd Edition setting to be released, even before WotC got their own ones out.

lorddrake
2012-09-14, 08:33 AM
Thank you all soo much! Many internets to you!

KillianHawkeye
2012-09-14, 03:55 PM
For future reference, 3.5 edition premiered in July of 2003. Any official WotC book published before then is going to be old 3E.

Also, most 3.5 era books have a line somewhere on the first page (near the publication date) which says they're a 3.5 compatible product.

Andezzar
2012-09-14, 05:11 PM
If you ever need to check other books, this list (http://d20npcs.wikia.com/wiki/D20_Product_Listing) may interest you.

Ashtagon
2012-09-14, 05:58 PM

Ghostwalk
Kingdoms of Kalamar
Masters of the Wild
Savage Species
Secrets of Sarlona
Sword and Fist

3.0 or 3.5?

Dragonlance campaign setting = 3.5
Forgotten realms campaign setting = 3.0
Ghostwalk = 3.0 (free 3.5 web enhancement available to download)
Kingdoms of Kalamar = not sure
Masters of the Wild = 3.0
Savage Species = 3.0/3.5 hybrid
Secrets of Sarlona = 3.5
Sword and Fist = 3.0

Curmudgeon
2012-09-14, 05:59 PM
Dragonlance campaign setting - had to dig it up, but it's 3.0. It's got the Rage spell, for example
That book looks mostly 3.5 to me. It was published shortly after the debut of 3.5, and all the skills are updated to 3.5 terms. There are some references to parts of the 3.0 core books (like particular tables), but nothing I know of that can't be resolved with minor DM attention.

Ashtagon
2012-09-14, 06:01 PM
That book looks mostly 3.5 to me. It was published shortly after the debut of 3.5, and all the skills are updated to 3.5 terms. There are some references to parts of the 3.0 core books (like particular tables), but nothing I know of that can't be resolved with minor DM attention.

There are some references to Survival, which is strictly a 3.5e skill, and no references to exclusively 3.0e skills.

Urpriest
2012-09-14, 06:06 PM

There are some references to Survival, which is strictly a 3.5e skill, and no references to exclusively 3.0e skills.

Come to think of it, I had mixed up what they did with the Emotion spell between the two editions. Curmudgeon and Ashtagon are right, it's 3.5.

hamishspence
2012-09-15, 06:42 AM

There are late 3.0 books (like Fiend Folio) that make references to skills under 3.5 names. 3.5 was being worked on before its release, and some books used bits from it.

The key way to recognize a 3.5 book (besides date) is to check Damage Reduction on monsters in it- if it's phrased as "+1", it's 3.0, if it's phrased as "magic" it's 3.5.

Dragonlance Campaign Setting had a monster with DR "magic & bludgeoning"- it's 3.5.

Ashtagon
2012-09-15, 07:48 AM
There are late 3.0 books (like Fiend Folio) that make references to skills under 3.5 names. 3.5 was being worked on before its release, and some books used bits from it.

The key way to recognize a 3.5 book (besides date) is to check Damage Reduction on monsters in it- if it's phrased as "+1", it's 3.0, if it's phrased as "magic" it's 3.5.

Dragonlance Campaign Setting had a monster with DR "magic & bludgeoning"- it's 3.5.

What about those books that refer to the Intuit Direction skill but have monsters with DR 5/magic?

hamishspence
2012-09-15, 07:59 AM
Which ones are those?

Ashtagon
2012-09-15, 09:37 AM
Which ones are those?

Beats me. I expect someone probably wrote one once though.

hamishspence
2012-09-15, 09:52 AM
Main reason I think it's unlikely there there is one- is that it was folded into Wilderness Lore to create Survival- and Survival was introduced quite a bit before 3.5 was. Fiend Folio, or maybe even Savage Species, had it.