PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder/3.5] Being up to Shenanigans, or, How To Be Loki And Get Away With It

Akeii
2012-09-15, 02:58 PM
I brought this down on my own head, really.

I advertised my arcane caster as a trickstery sort of mage prone to hundreds of sneaky antics. Maybe it was the extremely chaotic answers I gave in the alignment quiz. Or when I described her nature as "only a few points short of the Joker." Or perhaps it was when I began laughing, choked, and chose "Unnatural Lust" as my only 2nd-level spell. Regardless. She's up to no good.

So! I have a few ideas of my own, but please, share the doubtlessly countless ideas you do have. What extremely morally questionable things would you do to your own party and still get away with? Pranks would be great - but the sweetest, most satisfying moments would be when you do something that gives a deliberate but just barely forgivable advantage. Also, something should catch fire in the process.

Glimbur
2012-09-15, 03:34 PM
The most important rule about pranking your own party is restraint. Sending a bar wench up to the celibate wizard's room is all well and good, but replacing the fighter's sword with a snake just before the climax of the adventure is in poor taste. You might be better off pranking NPCs at first, to get a sense of your fellow PCs (and player's) sense of humor.

When in doubt, replace people's potions with Alchemist's Fire.

Ravens_cry
2012-09-15, 03:39 PM
Remember what happened to Loki when he took his 'jokes' too far.
Fellow PC may be even less forgiving.

SamBurke
2012-09-15, 04:18 PM
The most important rule about pranking your own party is restraint. Sending a bar wench up to the celibate wizard's room is all well and good, but replacing the fighter's sword with a snake just before the climax of the adventure is in poor taste. You might be better off pranking NPCs at first, to get a sense of your fellow PCs (and player's) sense of humor.

When in doubt, replace people's potions with Alchemist's Fire.

This. Please, please, please, don't split the party. Ask them, OOC, what they'd be comfortable with. Make sure to keep Communication high, if you're gonna be the clown of the party.

Also, make sure you're funny IRL. If you are, then this character will probably be remembered for years. Otherwise... eh.

UnionJack
2015-01-30, 08:09 PM
I brought this down on my own head, really.

I advertised my arcane caster as a trickstery sort of mage prone to hundreds of sneaky antics. Maybe it was the extremely chaotic answers I gave in the alignment quiz. Or when I described her nature as "only a few points short of the Joker." Or perhaps it was when I began laughing, choked, and chose "Unnatural Lust" as my only 2nd-level spell. Regardless. She's up to no good.

So! I have a few ideas of my own, but please, share the doubtlessly countless ideas you do have. What extremely morally questionable things would you do to your own party and still get away with? Pranks would be great - but the sweetest, most satisfying moments would be when you do something that gives a deliberate but just barely forgivable advantage. Also, something should catch fire in the process.

Well, I've only had my first game night with Loki character.. however:

One of the other PCs, a vampire focused Slayer, tried and failed to intimidate me... so I laughed at him ICly at which point he called me '**** mage'...

So I raised the price on the Identify spell he was trying to get me to perform by double, and doubled it everytime he tried to haggle (got up to 8,000 gp starting at 200).

So now he owes me a debt... which he'll be paying for as my prestidigitation bitch for the game.Every time he tries to taste food, I magic it to taste horrible. Every time he tries to do serious social stuff, I'm turning him or his clothes neon pink... and don't even get me started on the fun that fumbletongue will bring when I get it. <3

j_spencer93
2015-01-30, 08:33 PM
lol...my PCs would kill you. no joke. seen it happen but love the idea.

Azoth
2015-01-30, 08:36 PM
Minor image open doors over closed ones, items he wants in open space, chairs where there are none, and other such things.

Ghost sound people fornicating in his room at the inn.

Hold portal his coin purse. Randomly use open/close on back packs, books, windows, doors.

Grease handrails, silverware, random patches of road.

Arcane mark random penises on people/their belongings.

There are a near infinite number of ways to troll and be a general clown when you have magic.

Hell, unseen servant dump water on him whenever....

Unseen crafter some sexual toys and put them in people's packs using unseen servant or jus slowly hover them towards people.

Firetrap someone's sheath, zipper, ect.