PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing a melee Warlock

xenosus
2012-09-15, 04:03 PM
In the game, we're allowed everything from all books, except no Tome of War and no Psyonics at all. I really want to run a Half-Dragon as the ECL is now 7. I'm thinking of using a Scythe and Hidieous Blow is a must.

Lateral
2012-09-15, 04:08 PM
This handbook is your best friend. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159708) The first thing you have to learn is that Hideous Blow... well, 'blows hideously.' Eldritch Glaive (Dragon Magic) is way, way better, as is Eldritch Claw (from Dragon Magazine; ask your DM for approval.)

Snowbluff
2012-09-15, 05:42 PM
If you have access to Eldritch Claws, pick up Beast Strike as well. That way you'll deal double unarmed damage on each hit. Dip monk and grab Precocious Apprentice (if allowed) and Ascetic Mage (Cha to AC). Pump Con, Str, and Cha.

Then, get into Enlightened Fist. Scaling fist damage and more invocation levels. Pretty good all around. If you are really lucky, you can get a wizard to cast greater might wallop in you.

ThiagoMartell
2012-09-15, 11:04 PM
As a half-dragon, you qualify for Rapidstrike, so your best choice is Eldritch Claws. I don't recommend boosting your unarmed strike - instead, go for the Thayan Gladiator prestige class, beast claws of wrathful healing and make the King of Smack die of shame.