PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Awesome Blow Dungeoncrasher?

meemaas
2012-09-16, 06:06 PM
Now, i'm doing this as a DM, and i'm not asking for permission, rather i'm asking if it makes sense.

I'm looking to make an enemy that utilizes the Dungeon crasher fighter variant from Dungeonscape, but i'm wondering if it makes sense for the pathfinder monster feat Awesome blow to be ruled as able to trigger Dungeon Crasher. I know as DM, my word can overrule RAW, but i still wanna get the opinion of the Playground before i do so.

Mind you, i'm not looking for optimization advice for this. Just whether or not it makes sense to someone other than me

LanSlyde
2012-09-16, 06:30 PM
Now, i'm doing this as a DM, and i'm not asking for permission, rather i'm asking if it makes sense.

I'm looking to make an enemy that utilizes the Dungeon crasher fighter variant from Dungeonscape, but i'm wondering if it makes sense for the pathfinder monster feat Awesome blow to be ruled as able to trigger Dungeon Crasher. I know as DM, my word can overrule RAW, but i still wanna get the opinion of the Playground before i do so.

Mind you, i'm not looking for optimization advice for this. Just whether or not it makes sense to someone other than me

While it does make sense, it's in a grey area. If you really want to stay within the bounds of RAW, pick up Knockback instead.

Siosilvar
2012-09-16, 06:35 PM
Awesome Blow is not a bull-rush, so this doesn't work by RAW.

Knockback, however, should work. It's in Races of Stone on page 142.

meemaas
2012-09-16, 09:23 PM
I'm not asking if it works by RAW, i knew already it didn't.

Just if it was reasonable. I mean, my player specifically won't know the difference, but i'd still rather do something reasonable, even if not by raw, but i want opinions on whether or not its reasonable to people other than me.

animewatcha
2012-09-16, 09:36 PM
Find a way to make awesome blow 'automatically' trigger a bullrush and there you go.

Coidzor
2012-09-16, 10:51 PM
Movement is movement if you're talking thematics.

BCOVertigo
2012-09-17, 02:17 AM
I'm not asking if it works by RAW, i knew already it didn't.

Just if it was reasonable. I mean, my player specifically won't know the difference, but i'd still rather do something reasonable, even if not by raw, but i want opinions on whether or not its reasonable to people other than me.

Smacking people so hard they fly into/through stuff seems reasonable by general fantasy standards. Also, lookit:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82038

ThiagoMartell
2012-09-17, 07:35 AM
The 3.5 Awesome Blow feat is horrible. It looks like WotC really wanted to make everything with 'blow' on it's name to blow.

Person_Man
2012-09-17, 08:54 AM
It's basically just a less efficient version of Knockback. So I don't see a problem (even if the RAW doesn't work).

But if you're the DM, I don't see why it matters one way or another. You can just create a new ability called Awesomer Blow, that works just like Awesome Blow but also deals X damage. You're not bound by the same character creation rules as your players.