Conjuration (Teleportation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 9, Bard 6
Components: V, S, M, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft+5ft/2 levels)
Target: Special, see text
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

Findelwald's Teambuilding Exercise affects any group of four to six creatures of intelligence 3 or more, all of which must be within range of this spell, and all of which must have a neutral or better attitude towards each other initially. You may not target groups of less than four creatures.
All of the targets who did not resist the spell with their spell resistance are transported to an extradimensional obstacle course they must pass as a team. The entire obstacle course is treated as being in an antimagic field, so all magical equipment and spells cease to function.
Each creature in the group must attempt to make strength checks against a DC of 20 until they succeed. Each check takes a full-round action. Instead of making their own checks, creatures may also use Aid Another to help others, but every creature must make at least one successful DC 20 check.
Once each creature has passed the strength check, all of them must pass dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom and charisma checks in the same manner. Only once every creature has passed every check, they are all freed and returned to the place they came from.

Creatures which do not have a certain ability (such as undead creatures) are exempt from making those checks and can not help others with them.

Material component: A small pamphlet filled with large woodcuts and bold letters
Focus: A suit worth at least 50 gold pieces, worn by the caster

Lix Lorn
2012-09-17, 08:39 AM
You MONSTER! D=

Why the limit on them having to be friendly? Surely there's nothing more horrible than being sent on a course with someone you hate...

Eurus
2012-09-17, 11:29 AM
You MONSTER! D=

Why the limit on them having to be friendly? Surely there's nothing more horrible than being sent on a course with someone you hate...

If you did that, make sure to specify that they can't harm each other, or it'd be more of an "extradimensional arena from which there is no escape" spell.

EDIT: If you target, say, a team of orcs with Int 8 (so none of them can pass the check on their own merits, and they can't Aid Another until they pass the check themselves), are they stuck forever? I know it's a joke spell, but I kinda like it as a trolling wizard's Maze substitute. :smallbiggrin:

Eldan
2012-09-17, 01:53 PM
Hm, true. I didn't think of that. I put in the aid another line so that even the guy with a 3 had a chance if everyone helped him. Guess I'll change it so you can Aid Another from the beginning.

felinoel
2012-09-17, 02:11 PM
The entire obstacle course is treated as being in an antimagic field, so all magical equipment and spells seize to function.
all magical equipment and spells cease to function*

TuggyNE
2012-09-17, 02:13 PM
I love this spell. It's so quietly snarky.

Creatures which do not have a certain ability (such as undead creatures) are are exempt from making those checks and can not help others with them.

Doubled word here.

Eldan
2012-09-17, 02:30 PM
Corrected those mistakes, and changed the Aid Another part.

Lix Lorn
2012-09-17, 02:56 PM
If you did that, make sure to specify that they can't harm each other, or it'd be more of an "extradimensional arena from which there is no escape" spell.
Right right. Whoops.

Flickerdart
2012-09-17, 03:00 PM
Anyone emerging from the spell is bound to hate people who failed the checks more than when they came in. :smalltongue:

Eldan
2012-09-17, 03:11 PM
Anyone emerging from the spell is bound to hate people who failed the checks more than when they came in. :smalltongue:

Hence "initially" friendly. :smalltongue:

RedWarlock
2012-09-17, 03:14 PM

Yes, but it'll be all of you hating on that person as a team! :smallbiggrin:

Steward
2012-09-17, 08:10 PM
Maybe you could grant "successful" participants a +1 bonus on aid another checks with their "teammates" for an hour or so after escaping the zone?

LordErebus12
2012-09-17, 08:17 PM
perhaps upon completion, every member that participated moves one step towards friendly with all the other members.

Lix Lorn
2012-09-17, 08:23 PM
perhaps upon completion, every member that participated moves one step towards friendly with all the other members.
Don't be absurd. Have you ever been on a team-building exercise? (shudders)

LordErebus12
2012-09-17, 08:31 PM
Don't be absurd. Have you ever been on a team-building exercise? (shudders)

have you, taking it seriously? honestly, look at other 9th level spells for a comparison of power. i think this is a flat 6th level spell as posted. perhaps with several other bonuses it could be a 9th, however, that puts it out of reach for Bards.

Eldan
2012-09-17, 08:33 PM
have you, taking it seriously? honestly, look at other 9th level spells for a comparison of power. i think this is a flat 6th level spell as posted. perhaps with several other bonuses it could be a 9th, however, that puts it out of reach for Bards.

It's a no save spell that takes 4-6 people out of a fight for probably a few dozen rounds. Compare it to Maze, on which it is based. Clearly better.

LordErebus12
2012-09-17, 08:36 PM
It's a no save spell that takes 4-6 people out of a fight for probably a few dozen rounds. Compare it to Maze, on which it is based. Clearly better.

okay... maybe 7th level... with bards keeping them on 6th.

besides the obvious training exercises and time to buff, i dont see the use of the spell if it cant help build friendships with teamwork... why waste the higher spell slot...

perhaps completion grants the participating members a team work feat, all of which must choose the same one, and must qualify for the feat for 10 min/level.

Dienekes
2012-09-18, 12:49 AM
I think it's meant to be cast on your enemies LordErebus, you generally don't want to buff them. This spell is a no save I win button for just about any encounter. Yeah, I think it's ok for level 9.

LordErebus12
2012-09-18, 12:57 AM
I think it's meant to be cast on your enemies LordErebus, you generally don't want to buff them. This spell is a no save I win button for just about any encounter. Yeah, I think it's ok for level 9.

its written that it affects any group, that means the party could, given an additional type of use of the spell, could gain bonuses if the caster partakes the spell. i just thought it would be fitting for a possible second application of the spell, much like telekinesis has three styles of use.

ericgrau
2012-09-20, 12:29 PM
What happens if part of the group passes spell resistance? If only 1 int 8 creature fails and enters the exercise alone with no one to aid him?

Perhaps it needs to be save: no SR: no but the glaring weakness is that if a single member of the team is sick or afflicted in any way the team gets to sit out and the spell fails. Alternative allow SR and maybe a save too but make the DCs 13 + 2 per team member, and anyone with an ability score of 5 or lower is exempt from a challenge.

Hanuman
2012-09-21, 01:12 AM
You made me think of pushups, now I have to do pushups.

I'm tired.

Damnit.

Grimsage Matt
2012-09-21, 01:17 AM
My coprote villian wishes to use this spell to enhance teamwork skills. Them heros are not working together like they used to:smalltongue: