PDA

View Full Version : [PF] evil cleric

Exirtadorri
2012-09-17, 09:31 AM
Ok guys I want to make an evil cleric. Here's what I'm working with:

20 pt buy
5th level
APG UC UM ARG and the Corebook

What i'd like to see is an idea that works in lots of summoning and mind control. I'm not much of an undead summoner so I want to use my channel energy to augment my spellcasting. I also want to stick to either LE or NE. I DONT handle CE very well...way to much sodomy and whatnot for my taste.

As for extra stuff...I would love to see some clever tricks that aren't very common and I dont mind the race to much (Just not dwarf) Originally I had wanted a halfing sorc summoner...but I got the shaft and have to play the cleric. So...Please help me out here and tell me what you guys think are some interesting options.

Psyren
2012-09-17, 09:50 AM
Well, the right domains (e.g. Charm) can help you with the mind-control aspect, but you only get one per spell-level per day. Any chance of accessing 3.5 material?

I DONT handle CE very well...way to much sodomy and whatnot for my taste.

wut

Exirtadorri
2012-09-17, 12:47 PM
Yea the right domains are important. As for 3.5 nope. Pf only

Corlindale
2012-09-17, 01:41 PM
If you want to spam your domain spells there are still a few options in PF. A dedicated mesmerist could thus go for a Theologian with the Charm domain, to get to prepare domain spells in his normal slot.

Madness is another really nice domain. The 1st level ability is a stupidly potent debuff when you think about it, but you don't often get the chance to use it in regular play because it's so evil in its flavour - but now's your chance!

The Death domain is also popular with Evil clerics, mostly for the ability to heal yourself and hurt your enemy at the same time by channeling negative energy.

Exirtadorri
2012-09-18, 07:39 AM
Ok what about evil spell combos or interesting feat tricks?

Sayt
2012-09-18, 08:57 AM
Fluffwise, for an Evil cleric, Blackfire Adept (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/a-b/blackfire-adept) seems like a nice choice. It's not full casting, but it has some nice toys, and you can take the PRC for it the first time you level up in game if you start at L5

NamelessNPC
2012-09-19, 01:33 AM
If you worship Dispater (http://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Dispater), who has the Rulership portfolio, you can use the Variant Channeling (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/paizo---cleric-archetypes/variant-channeling) rules to daze all your enemies for a round. Have your party use 20x4 weapons for greater fun.

Selective Channeling and Improved Chanel are good feats for this build

theMycon
2012-09-19, 02:13 AM
I also want to stick to either LE or NE. I DONT handle CE very well...way to much sodomy and whatnot for my taste.
I want to help you, but these lines perplex me on too many levels to focus.

What?

Does becoming chaotic mean that you have to have nonreproductive sex on a regular schedule? I don't think having regimented rules like this really fit the idea of chaos.