PDA

View Full Version : PTA Rebirth of Legends

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tsumeken
2012-09-17, 10:24 AM
Professor Oak had gotten on in the last few years, but he was still well respected if not a little lost in his work. With the fact he had heard back so little from his grandson in the past year he worried for the boy and only knew he was still safe by the reports of his pokedex as it continued to send back data. The past few days he had been worried about something else though, looking back to three cases he sighed awaiting the arrival of the trainers he hoped he could trust with such a powerful assignment.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-17, 11:15 AM
Hale wandered down the street, looking for the lab. He'd been hoping for something like this that might give him a little direction, and maybe give him a boost in the trainer world: there were lots of trainers, but surely only a few could make the claim of working for Professor Oak himself.

Lelith sat on his shoulder, observing the cosy little village, not unlike their own, and pleasantly content with her trainer and her life.

Hale found the lab, and knocked on the door, waiting to be let in, and curious about what was to come.

passinglurker
2012-09-17, 11:26 AM
Chekhov strolled through the quaint little pallet town like just another kid and that his how he liked no fuss no attention just an average Joe with an abnormally heavy backpack constantly reminding him that he is just a bit more than average.

He had come to pallet due to an invitation from professor Oak the thought of meeting the famous professor, and the hope that there was a light possibility that might be able to help with Soyuz's condition made it too good of an opportunity to pass up.

as he enters what he assumes is the lab he asks the first person he sees "excuse me is this the poke'lab? I have an invitation to meet with professor Oak"

VirgoBushin
2012-09-17, 11:33 AM
Akane Yagami

The walk from Mount Silver to Pallet Town had been very long and tiring. But it was most definitely worth it. Exhaling deeply, she let her eyes gaze around to take in all of the new scenery and faces around her. She had expected it to be different yes; but a bit of shock from the change had still hit her all the same. "Get a grip ..." She murmured, shaking her head, causing her bound braid of raven hair to move from side to side, finally landing against her back. It didn't take long for her eyes to finally rest upon her destination; the lab.

She had been ready to knock before noting the door already open with two others already there. Putting her wrists behind her back and holding them there, she waited to be let inside. Just the interior from what she could gather hinted she had gone to the correct place and from that alone, she was pretty sure this was the right destination. Giving the other trainers and individuals already inside a respectful bow of her head, Akane continued silently waiting.

Tsumeken
2012-09-17, 12:02 PM
The professor stands and walks out, "Yes? Oh yes so good to see you all my friends' The professor moves to let the other outside into the lab. "I'm so glad you could all make it, now we're just waiting on a few others."

Yukikage
2012-09-17, 12:03 PM
Kamina standing in the street looking at a sheet of paper with a address on it and looking at the buildings to see if he could find the one he was looking for. Beside him a drilbur is looking at the buildings trying to help find the lab where there supposed to meet the professor. The drilbur then looks up at Kamina with a look like he doesn't know where he's going. Hey HEY! Don't give me that look that look i know exactly where we are going. Drilbur keeps the look on his face knowing he is lying. Kamina looks at the paper again and a sweatdrop goes down his face. Drilbur throws his arms up in the air as a sign that he gives up and walks over to a bench and sits down. Kamina sits next to him and relaxes a little and throws his head back. He notices a big building behind him and sits up and takes a better look. He looks at the address and back at the paper. He switch's between looking at the two for a few seconds. Hey partner i think i found it. Drilbur perks up looks at Kamina and looks at where he is looking and see's the lab and gets excited. Ha see i knew exactly where we were. Who the hell do you think i am? Drilbur looks back at Kamina knowing he is full of it and jumps down on the bench and walks towards the lab not waiting on him. Hey wait up partner! They both walk up to the front of the lab and go in. Excuse me i have a invitation from prof oak.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-17, 12:29 PM
Akane Yagami

The consent and confirmation was all the martial artist needed to hear. Letting the others walk in first, she followed behind. Keeping her wrists behind her, she leaned gently against one of the walls. Her eyes silently went to the other trainers, trying to size them up as both individuals and trainers. Her thoughts got interrupted after another soon arrived, making her repeat the same process for a while before her gaze shifted to in front of her though not necessarily at anything or anyone. No one seemed as if they had actually trained themselves in quite the same way she had. Though honestly, the more she thought on that, she'd be a bit more astounded if she had met anyone like that. Few people took on that road for good reasons. Giving herself a slow nod, she finally met the Professor's eyes again. Keeping her hands rested upon her tonfas, her eyes seemed to ask what she wouldn't let leave her lips. So this is about what now? Let's begin to hear .... assuming all are present that is ....

planswalker
2012-09-17, 01:25 PM
Just then, a young lad flies in on the back of a glossy green scyther.

"Apologies for being late. Reginald got hungry and insisted he stop to eat."

Tsumeken
2012-09-17, 01:50 PM
Oak nodded looking at all the trainers. "I think there was one more but we can catch him up when he gets here, now this is the problem." He walks over retrieving three clothe covered objects, from the forms you can see they are cylindrical containers of some sort. "Now this is very important so please, I believe I can trust you all with this secret." Pulling the cloths back he reveals 3 incubation chambers each holding a separate egg within them. The first was Bright red with a almost magma like coating of flames dancing over it. The second emitted a light from itself and fired sparks against the insulated interior of the incubator. The last was the most difficult to see through the amount o frost and condensation on the glass, but a blue egg shone like a gem within it. "These are the reasons I called you all here."

planswalker
2012-09-17, 01:52 PM
"Those kind of look like pokemon eggs, but no eggs act like that. What are they?" Sulu asks.

Tsumeken
2012-09-17, 02:08 PM
Professor Oak laughs, "That's exactly what they are my dear boy." he smiles and continues, "But these are just not any eggs, these are three very special eggs." he pulls out a calendar, "A few months ago the weather around the Kanto region erupted in violent storms and hot and cold climates running wild, we knew something was off and we found out what it was. Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres had died." he motioned to the eggs. "We found a nest at each of their usual locations and found these in them. It is a theory, but we believe these eggs were laid just before their deaths, a form of reproduction akin to a Phoenix if you would."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-17, 02:14 PM
Akane Yagami

Her head tilted lightly in disbelief. The names he had just mentioned of said Pokemon ... were they not gods? Or the closest damn thing to them at least? Just thinking of such Pokemon passing away was ... scary honestly. How? What had done them in? Few things that may have made sense came into her mind, making a light shudder trail down her spine. The words echoed a few more times in her head before her gaze went down to the eggs slowly.

"....Are you suggesting we ... take care of those?" She finally asked softly, moving strands of her hair behind her ears. Between the explanation he just gave and the fact he had shown them all these eggs, she couldn't think of much more reason why they'd be told and allowed to see all they had otherwise. Or ... had she missed something else completely somehow?

Yukikage
2012-09-17, 02:36 PM
Kamina looks at the strange eggs and tries not to look confused. He has no idea who these pokemon the professor is talking about. But he figures if they leave eggs like this behind then they have to be something crazy powerful.
Just curious but how did they die, or have you not been able to find out?

passinglurker
2012-09-17, 02:57 PM
Chekhov leaned forward and looked closely at the 3 eggs and scratched his chin with curiosity. Each egg appeared to him as a marvel of nature even the containers were technological masterpieces to be able to totally contain the power emanating from their contents. Chekhov then realized the hand he was scratching his chin with had a cold metallic feeling "sigh... I'm doing it again aren't I?" he whispered to himself as he looked down and found both his hands in his pockets and his mechanical arm from his bag resting a few inches below his face. He quickly makes the gesture to withdraw the arm which quickly slips back into his backpack and whistles innocently to himself hoping nobody saw.

Tsumeken
2012-09-17, 03:14 PM
"We don't know what did them in, we just know that they died. Unfortunately we can't hatch these eggs, we've been trying for weeks, months in fact. He sighs and continues, "Thanks to Professor Elm's research we found that eggs only mature when traveling with trainers or with their parents. I think it's fair to say the latter is not an option. That's why I called you all here"

passinglurker
2012-09-17, 03:19 PM
Chekhov does a quick head count "It appears you've called more than 3 trainers am I right in assuming the situation is to delicate to simply toss a trainer an egg to go globe trekking with?"

Tsumeken
2012-09-17, 03:30 PM
"Indeed, with the problems that people have been having with Pokemon thieves and the like around here, I worry what would happen if they gained control over any of these." He cleared his throat before continuing. "Of course these Pokemon will be wild once born so it will be a chore to handle them afterwards, I must ask that you do not try to capture them."

passinglurker
2012-09-17, 03:41 PM
"so you want us to hatch and raise 3 pokemon that are the very embodiment of the forces of nature." Chekhov thought for a moment. could this be real? and why me? why would the professor leave what could be the fate of the world in the hands of a few trainers he hadn't even met before today? he finally decided to ask "how did you come to choose us? surly there are more powerful trainers in the world that the eggs would be safe with. I'd imagine even members of the elite 4 would be willing to take a leave of absence from their posts to do this considering all that is at stake"

Tsumeken
2012-09-17, 03:51 PM
"I'd love to think that as well but something's happened as of late. The Indigo Plateau is in lock down and Gym leaders have their own obligations. I'd ask the ex-champion Lance but no one knows where he disappeared off to. He sat with a puzzled look as he thought over hte other questions. "Also those trainers have been on their journeys already, a fresh new journey for these eggs will be good for them since it will be the first time they are experiencing Kanto's sights as well."

((OOC: That and seriously Oak gives children each year vicous animals to go off into the wilderness with to fill a talking Kindle with a camera of dangerous wild life, I don't think he's the best to ask for logic.))

planswalker
2012-09-17, 03:51 PM
"Just to be with them, to meet these legendary pokemon face to face would be grand. Such rarities should not be removed from this world. Though I'm not sure I'm ready, I'd be honored to take up this task."

passinglurker
2012-09-17, 04:07 PM
"Well if the professor believes we are the best option to successfully bring these creatures back then that's good enough for me." he then says to the professor "I accept the task laid before me"

VirgoBushin
2012-09-17, 04:18 PM
Akane Yagami

Now as opposed to the previous thoughts repeating in her mind, it was the revelation of what Professor Oak had revealed doing so. The concept alone - to take care of something so precious - would be interesting to say the least. She didn't know as much as she probably could or should; but enough to feel confident within herself. And the others had made it very clear that the Professor had more than enough faith in all of them as well to entrust this task to them of all people which, when she thought more on it, was quite the honor. Swallowing a bit nervously, she gave a slow nod. "I too am willing to accept this task." She finally answered, speaking up again as she noted whom else had agreed to do so.

Tsumeken
2012-09-17, 04:41 PM
"Excellent, I'll get everything ready for you then." He walks off to retrieve his inventions, the Pokedex, bringing back 1 to each of the trainers. "These have been modified to include a phone system so you can contact me as well as a camera."

planswalker
2012-09-17, 05:03 PM
"Is there anything specific you want us to do or should we just pretend that nothing extraordinary has happened and go about our pokemon journey as if nothing has happened?"

Tsumeken
2012-09-17, 05:29 PM
He shakes his head "Just go about your journey as normal, the gym leader in Viridian might be able to help you learn a bit more on these eggs if not your Pokemon in general." He smiled, and seemed quite pleased with his choices of you all.

passinglurker
2012-09-17, 05:52 PM
Chekhov looks at the new pokedex he had been waiting for this opertunity for along time and he knew exactly what he was going to do. So he starts pressing buttons, and a good bit of clicking, beebing, scrolling text, and flashing lights later he... modified the phone system's transceiver to double as a poke'radar
Turned the camera flash into a flashlight
Increased battery life
Added a wireless link to his arms computer and sensors
OOC: the last 2 things are basically fluff cause listing only 2 things is lame

VirgoBushin
2012-09-17, 06:06 PM
Akane Yagami

Putting her new Pokedex away, she gave a bow of her head to the Professor. As a thought came to her head, she looked to the others. "Anyone have a preference whom carries which by chance?" She would volunteer to keep one though she wouldn't lie to herself; the idea just in her mind made her pretty damn nervous. She trusted herself, sure but ... her past often had ways of catching up and because of that, it made her unsure of holding such a powerful item. Then again, so many years had passed since those times. Maybe she should go through with keeping one if nothing else, to prove to herself she has improved since then? Continuing to silently mull on the idea, she waited to first see if anyone wanted an opportunity first.

planswalker
2012-09-17, 06:08 PM
"I will take the responsibility for one. Reginald and I can, in a worst-case scenario, take the egg and likely flee without getting caught. He's big enough to carry me and is rather powerful on his own. The energetic one intrigues me the most, if no one minds."

Alchemyst
2012-09-17, 06:15 PM
Hunter

The attire Hunter had chosen today was a simple, unassuming suit of a polo, pants, and shoes built for travel; without knowing how long he'd have to go to find the Professor's lab, the boy dressed light, and beside him a very proud and content Umbreon strode unhindered by any tether. Every once in a while the creature stopped to sniff the air and ground, only to change its directory slightly, and with it, the trainer that walked along with it, followed dutifully.

It took a few moments, but after countless times of getting lost, the duo arrived. While the Pokemon seemed perfectly fit—it even barked its name in jubilation at their arrival—the trainer, however, would have been found panting from exhaustion, whose expression quickly changed into one of severe perplexity. ”Sorry I'm late!” With a voice that was clearly lacking water. ”What'd I miss? In cliff notes if possible?”

passinglurker
2012-09-17, 06:25 PM
Before the newcomer arrives Chekhov says "Soyuz has a hollow prosthetic we can use to hide one of the eggs in safely if we fill the empty spaces with shielding and shock absorbers. I would prefer it be the zapdos egg."

Yukikage
2012-09-17, 06:48 PM
Before Hunter arrives. Kamina thinks for a second. Heh this sounds like it could be interesting. I'm in, this could be fun. Kamina walks over to the fire egg I'll look after this you i'f you dont mind. I can feel its burning passion for freedom and adventure.

planswalker
2012-09-17, 06:50 PM
Sulu will then take the icy egg and tuck it securely in his backpack.

Tsumeken
2012-09-17, 06:54 PM
"Ah hello there my late arrival friend." Oak says handing him a pokedex as he fills him in on what is happening. ~insert exposition here~ "And that's the gist of it."

passinglurker
2012-09-17, 06:57 PM
Chekhov says to Hunter "the cliff notes are that professor oak invited a bunch trainers here to pickup a secret go about as if nothing happened and as a result save the world the professor might want to tell you the finer details him self" he then turns to the professor "can I use you facilities to fit out my onix's prosthetic to carry the egg? access to professional equipment would make fabricating the parts much easier"

VirgoBushin
2012-09-17, 07:13 PM
Akane Yagami

Seeing all the eggs get claimed, she gave a soft nod. For now, she figured it may be best to help protect them. She'd do that by fighting for those who are supposed to be watching them right now. Literally fighting at that matter. None seemed to quite know how to, not with actual fists or feet. So she would silently and eagerly take that role. Watching the eggs get put safely away, she gave another low bow to the Professor before heading out of the lab. "Alright then, ready when you all are." Getting close to the route but not yet upon it, she waited for the others to hint, say, or both when they were as well.

Tsumeken
2012-09-17, 07:21 PM
Oak nodded, "Very well, though I don't have much around that may b of help you're welcome to it."

(you can modify the prosthetic fine but there really isn't much else)

passinglurker
2012-09-17, 07:43 PM
Chekhov releases Soyuz in a part of the Lab with enough space that she wouldn't accidentally breaks anything and says "alright girl you have the honor of carrying some very precious cargo but don't worry I believe in you I'm just going to pop the hood and get some things set up" the Onix nods with an understanding look and he gets to work.

Soyuz looks like an ordinary Onix till you get down to about a quarter of her body length from her head where instead of an expected boulder there is a boulder sized metallic cylinder that seems to be bolted to the neighboring boulders by a robust and rugged arrangement of springs, pistons, and hydraulics.

Chekhov starts by opening a hatch in the side and taking some measurements. He then gathers some discarded lab grade foam packaging(equipment is fragile so they use the good stuff), and runs them through the labs laser(cause every lab has a laser) to carve them in to a variety of different shapes. Which he begins to piece together with duct tape(what would a lab be with out duct tape), and line the empty spaces inside of the cylinder with. satisfied with his work he places the egg container in the center, covers it with the last piece of lab foam, closes the hatch, and finally recalls and releases Soyuz to make sure it all works.

Tsumeken
2012-09-17, 07:54 PM
Oak smiles as you finish your work turning to you all before you leave. "Have fun on your journey no matter where it may take you. I suppose the ferry to Cinnabar is running as well. Take care of yourselves."

Alchemyst
2012-09-17, 09:34 PM
It really was a surprise for the crash of news of the quest he and his new group of friends and allies had been brought upon them. The very thought sent the lad's mind briefly into a spiral. ”I've nothing to do around here.” Said with a groan in his voice. Although Dyrus clearly wasn't up for raring to head out on his feet once more, but with the thought that it wasn't absolutely aimless gave him a burst of energy.

”Heading south first, then, I suppose?”

planswalker
2012-09-17, 09:36 PM
"Well, where to now?" Sulu asks..

VirgoBushin
2012-09-17, 09:44 PM
Akane Yagami

Slowly turning back to the others as they seemed a bit unsure on where to go, she helped repeat the options. "Viridian is closer to get there by foot. I don't know about any of you but I myself am going for badges. That'd be one way to kill two birds with one stone easy enough. Plus the Professor did think we'd be more likely to find help there first as opposed to Cinnabar but ..." She gave a light shrug. "I'm honestly not going to be picky on it all. Order doesn't matter to me in the end ..." Just that her goals got accomplished was all that did really. Rethinking her words over, she hoped that hadn't come off too harshly; it was definitely the last thing she had even wanted to try to do. She'd think of a better way to speak next if needed ... but it would highly depend on the reaction of the others.

planswalker
2012-09-17, 09:49 PM
"In that case, any objections with Viridian?"

passinglurker
2012-09-17, 09:56 PM
"Soyuz and boats don't mix well I vote Viridian"

Alchemyst
2012-09-17, 10:04 PM
"Was there not a gym down in Cinnabar, for those whom wish to acquire badges? What happened to the curator, there?" He paused, shooting a look down to Luna, whom answered with a soft cry and a tilt of her head. "In any case, I am good with any direction. I'd just like to see the world!"

Apologies for the above color mix up, spread myself almost too thin and getting characters mixed up.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-17, 10:07 PM
Akane Yagami

"As far as I've heard, yes. Like I said order is no issue to me." As a thought dawned on her, she bowed her head. "We all sorta just rushed over without much proper introduction. I'm Akane Yagami." Keeping her wrists patiently held still behind her back, she looked amongst the others, noting most had finally given an opinion thus far.

planswalker
2012-09-17, 10:10 PM
"Name's Sulu Wulawu. nice to meet you all."

passinglurker
2012-09-17, 10:48 PM
"The names Chekhov" he says offering a hand to be shaken. he then face-palms as he realises he accidentally offered the mechanical one again. great now they think I'm a nerd or a snagger perfect start Chekhov he thinks to himself

Alchemyst
2012-09-17, 11:06 PM
"Dyrus, and Luna at your service. It's pleasure to meet you all." Said with a slight bow and a flourish towards the Umbreon whom had found a comfortable spot on the floor to curl up and lay down for a brief bit of respite. After the little act had been completed, the human would gladly grasp each extended hand for a firm handshake.

planswalker
2012-09-17, 11:12 PM
"We ready to head out?" Assuming his newfound allies agree, Sulu will lead the way.

Tsumeken
2012-09-17, 11:31 PM
(With majority vote saying Viridian I'm assuming you all head north so.)

Viridian battle (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At-_Mg1KxDqZdEtoWTRlM0tqem5CVEx0UGYzbFVmWVE#gid=0)

The group comes upon a sight of nature, two Spearow chase a group of worm like creatures who try to wiggle away and hide in the brush.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-17, 11:37 PM
Akane Yagami

"Hm...." Her fingers lightly tapped against her hip, near but not yet on her Pokeball containing Hestia. One of the birds may be very helpful in the long run. Keeping her eyes upon one of the Spearows, she asked, "Anyone else have their eyes on any of those? Mainly any of the birds?"

planswalker
2012-09-17, 11:38 PM
Sulu will scan the worm creatures and throw a pokeball at one of the spearow, throwing it with a curve to take the edge off of its health. He'll have Reginald hang back for now.

[roll0]

4 damage to the spearow targeted and capture point gives me -2 to capture rolls.

passinglurker
2012-09-17, 11:45 PM
glitch busters

passinglurker
2012-09-17, 11:48 PM
(OOC: danm it! graphical glitch sorry thought it was the double post glitch so ill just stay out of this fight)
Chekhov puts himself on a time out and just scans the pretty pokemon

Tsumeken
2012-09-18, 12:18 AM
The ball impacts one of the Spearow chasing a worm knocking it hard on the head before sucking the creature inside. The ball shudders hard before beeping and lying still.

Spearow lvl 4, Male
HP: 1/2 after damage from curveball.

Chekov's dex beeps bringing info up on the Pokemon before them. Spearow and Weedle.

The Spearow looks up seeing it's partner vanish it crows at you while the Weedles continue to scoot away.

planswalker
2012-09-18, 12:20 AM
Flush with the thrill of his first capture, Sulu give out a whoop of joy!

what are the stat s on that spearow?

Tsumeken
2012-09-18, 12:30 AM
Stats on captured Pokemon [for all]
I let you choose the natures/abilities/and stat distribution. All I do is give levels, gender, and is it has a bad status on it or not

planswalker
2012-09-18, 12:35 AM
sweet! good to know

Yukikage
2012-09-18, 01:25 AM
Kamina walks out with the group as the group introduce themselves. The name is Kamina nice to meet ya'll, and this guy is my partner Simon. Viridian sound fine.

Kamina see's the Spearow's attacking the weedle's. He scan's both mons. He doesn't seem to be very interested in the spearow's but the weedle's caught his eye so he gets a pokeball ready and motion's Simon to move forward.

Alchemyst
2012-09-18, 02:45 AM
"Hey Luna," The trainer started, shooting a glance to the umbreon whom seemed to consistently remain at Dyrus' side. She replied with a tilt of her head and curious coo of its first syllable. "What say you and I get a new friend or two, eh? Go and get their attention." The Pokemon seemed to become elated at the notion and cried out its full name in reply as it bolted ahead and into the group of Weedle; and instead of making a ruckus of a headbutt, she'd dig at the ground, sending clumps of dirt into the General direction of the two bugs to the west.

Meanwhile, Dyrus would chuck a single ball towards the beak, and just like his former companion, his held a spiral of pain behind it.

Going to assume we're coming in from the general "south" of the map, seeing as Route 1 is north of Pallet.

[roll0], and 3 damage

Just to do all in one fell swoop to try. Feel free to pace as you see fit, DM.

And Luna's shifting into position to H-9
Sand-Attack! aimed at F-7
AC 2: [roll1]

passinglurker
2012-09-18, 07:44 AM
since they seem to be stopped Chekhov checks his radar for any other movement in the area.

Tsumeken
2012-09-18, 10:30 AM
The ball flyies toward the Spearow as it looks up taking the shoot square in the face and breaking the ball as the Spearow falls over, a large bump on it's head. The pair of Weedle think it's time to run as the bugs all begin to slowly crawl away only for the pair of them to be stopped by a spray of sand.

The Spearow shakes off it's stunned expression as it makes it's way to it's feet. It turns to the Umbreon growling

AC 2 [roll0]

Chekhov's radar detect 2 other Pokemon off to the east, the seem to be staying away from the battle.

planswalker
2012-09-18, 10:40 AM
Sulu will chuck a ball at one of the weedles.

[roll0]

He'll have Reginald fly over to the other side of the weedle to herd them back this way.

passinglurker
2012-09-18, 10:44 AM
Chekhov tells Soyuz to wait where she is as he creeps close to investigate the mon to the east.EDIT: do I need a stealthy Dex check?

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-18, 01:44 PM
Hale Morland, and his partner Lelith (Petilil)

Hale had stood quietly through the whole conversation with Oak, shocked by their task, but willing to take it up. He'd been glad the others had taken over the eggs, since he didn't think Lelith would like to be near an egg that froze her or burned her.

Encountering the other pokemon, Hale wracked his brains: if he was oing to be a proper trainer he would get this bit right. "So, scan first..." he muttered to himself, and drew out the pokedex and pointed it at the various combatants. That done, he nodded to Lelith and she sprang forward.

She concentrated and he saw a light bloom around her before dying away, and knew that Lelith was building her strength.

Lelith uses Growth. Shift to E10.
Is it 'Sunny'?

VirgoBushin
2012-09-18, 02:38 PM
Akane Yagami

"Not enough ...." She murmured lowly, frowning lightly. Not just of Spearows, but quite a bit. Space, time to have reacted properly ... ugh. This may seem very irresponsible given the situation ... but the free-spirited and independent parts of her wanted this. Nodding to reassure herself, she slipped off into the grass and moved deeper, more onward. She would wind up rendezvousing with the others in Viridian; assuming all still would go that way when they were done with the Spearows. But this way, she'd get a bit more of a chance to try to properly form more of a team if needed and get one of her goals out of the way. Her head looked up in thought; she was pretty sure Viridian didn't have a dojo but that was a huge coin toss. Things had most likely changed since she had been young. For all she knew, there very well was already one. Looking back to ahead, she resumed heading on, solely focused upon arriving at Viridian.

Tsumeken
2012-09-18, 02:45 PM
@Hale: yes it is sunny, usually will be unless stated earlier before battles.

@Chekhov: You find two Small purple and blue rodents that seem to frolicking.

The ball impacts the the Weedle as it too is shut into the ball

passinglurker
2012-09-18, 03:02 PM
Chekhov patiently waits where he is and scans them if they become startled he will try to calm them down by saying "no-no wait don't run I'm not here to hurt you I was just passing by and couldn't help but notice how pretty you both look" in the calmest friendliest voice he can

Tsumeken
2012-09-18, 04:25 PM
Chekhov: the Pokedex registers the Pokemon as Nidoran, and Nidoran... wait what? Oh that's why ones a girl and the other is a guy.

planswalker
2012-09-18, 04:55 PM
lvl/gender/hp/status of the weedle?

Sulu collects his other new 'mon gleefully.

passinglurker
2012-09-18, 05:54 PM
Chekhov admires the pokemon in nature for a moment before attempting to befriend them. he comes in stooped low to look as non threatening as possible "tk-tk-tk-tk over here" he says softly "don't be scared I won't hurt you. can you come closer? I've never seen a nidoran before" if he has some food on him he holds it out and offers some to the nidorans he also keeps an eye on the radar should the parents show up if there are any.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-18, 06:06 PM
Assuming that means Hale can act again.

Hale watched as the others darted about. "Ok then... Lelith, use Absorb!"
Lelith leapt at the nearest Weedle striking it full on and draining it's energy.

Hale waited for her, then launched a pokeball across the gap between them to try and capture it.

Absorb: AC 2 [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]. Grass, SATK

Capture Roll [roll2]

Tsumeken
2012-09-18, 06:14 PM
@Akane: You arrive at Viridian city, where their ppears to be a ommotion at the old gym.

@Chekov: The deeper purple Nidoran moves in front of the other more blueish one protectivly and unsure of you.

@People in battle: the two remaining Weedles rush towards the players while wiping thier heads along the ground to try and remove the sand.

@Hale: *ding* (Weedle lvl 4 Male)

passinglurker
2012-09-18, 06:18 PM
Chekhov slips off his back pack and rolls on his back to make himself vulnerable in an act of good faith before saying calmly "I just want to say hi, and who wouldn't want to you two as some of the most interesting and beautiful mon out here"

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-18, 06:30 PM
Hale still couldn't get near enough to retrieve his new pokemon, so he just shouted: "Again Lelith!"

Absorb
[roll0] AC 2
Damage [roll1] Grass SATK

VirgoBushin
2012-09-18, 06:34 PM
Akane Yagami

Whistling lowly at the instant greeting in the form of noises, Akane walked closer. Viridian, last she had heard, was generally more quiet. So to already hear hints of a commotion of sorts was, to her knowledge, rare. Walking closer to the gym, she rests a hand nearby Hestia's Poke Ball in case it was needed. Keeping some distance but still getting close enough to hear, she watches and listens to what exactly is going on here.

Yukikage
2012-09-18, 06:44 PM
Ok it's my turn. Kamina throws a pokeball at one of the weedle's.

Tsumeken
2012-09-18, 07:38 PM
The last of the Weedle disappear into a ball after taking the attack form the grass bud. The Spearow now only remains, still looking at the Umberon.

@Chekhov: the male Nidoran approaches and sniffs before lowering it's horns and spine to a more passive look.

@Akane: You see poeple clamboring at the gym while a rather tall blonde haired woman stands in the door, "I'm sorry all but the leader of the gym is off, I'm the acting temporary leader, please understand."

passinglurker
2012-09-18, 07:46 PM
"That's right I don't want trouble. can I pet you?" says Chekhov offering a hand he then compliments the male nidoran "You must be a good brother or boyfriend to bravely protect the other one like that you must really care about her"

Alchemyst
2012-09-18, 08:16 PM
Dyrus

With the last of the distractions gone, the trainer gave a wild grin. Let's try this once more, shall we? Just keep it in your sights, Luna!” He chucked one more ball towards the bird.

While the Umbreon kept up the staring matching between the two, patiently waiting for its master's orders.

[roll0]

VirgoBushin
2012-09-18, 08:20 PM
Akane Yagami

....Off? Gym leaders almost never did those sorts of things, normally, lest something came up. With that thought going through her mind, she waited for the crowd to leave - or at least dwindle down - before approaching the blond. Giving her a bow of her head, she asked, "Excuse me but may I inquire better what you mean by temporary? Did something happen in order for you to replace the actual Gym Leader for now?"

Tsumeken
2012-09-18, 08:27 PM
Chekhov: The Nidoran yips proudly at your praise, he seems quite proud of himself as well. His horns and spines still down.

Dyrus: the ball dings as all the Pokemon are now captured. (Spearow Male lvl 4)

Akane: After the crowd has left she smiles to you in regards to your question. "Well kinda, see I'm orginally from here, but I passed the leader exam as the leader did, so when he's not here I'm the acting leader." she laughs a bit, "But no one seems to take me seriously."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-18, 08:40 PM
Akane Yagami

A frown quickly crossed her face. "That's unfortunate. I'm sorry to hear that." Probably from having been raised only by her mom, she had also self-taught herself to be quite the feminist. To say she was annoyed at the woman's words was but a kind understatement. "I will ... if you would allow that honor." She added, hoping the others were doing well enough.

passinglurker
2012-09-18, 09:06 PM
Chekhov proceeds to gently pet the Nidoran "You know if you want to get stronger I can help. See that big Onix over there watching us? She's a good friend of mine I found her all to pieces, near death infact, and I helped save her. Not only that I helped make her strong again, and now look at her standing tall and confident not scared of nothing. Now if I can do that with someone who started off vulnerable Imagine what I can do for a proud strong Nidoran like yourself if you come with me. And of course your beautiful sister and or girlfriend can come along to no point getting stronger if you don't have some one to protect. Plus you have to admit despite the excellent job your doing it couldn't hurt to have a big 400lb rock snake watching your back am I right?" he carefully takes out 2 pokeballs and puts them to the side "Its your choice if you two want to come and get stronger or not just press the button, and you'll have yourself your own little super safe hiding hole that no ekans can ever get in, and be on your way to the greatest adventure two strong and beautiful Nidorans have ever been on"

planswalker
2012-09-19, 01:19 AM
Sulu will head over to see what Chekov ran off for, Reginald following close behind.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-19, 05:23 AM
So did Hale capture another Weedle, or was that someone else?

Hale strode forwards and collected his prize(s). "Well done Lelith!" HE exclaimed, pleased that she had shown herself to be competent in battle, and had taken on a group of poison and Flying types which wasn't her forte.

He glanced over to see Sulu wandering away and noticed that Chekhov was absent as well: But they have the eggs!!! Hale hurried after Sulu, slowing to a walk when he caught up, Lelith once more perched upon his shoulder.

Tsumeken
2012-09-19, 09:49 AM
@Chekov: the two Creatures look to eachother and then to you as they touch the balls being absorbed inside (Nidoran M/F lvls 5/4)

@Dryus: (Spearow lvl 6 M)

@Akane: The girl smiles, "Alright then come on in, I notice your partner is very eager isn't she." She states smiling down at the pokeball at your side. "Since you only have 1 Pokemon we'll make this a one on one battle." she walks to the back retrieving a fishing rod with a pokeball attached to the end.

Viridian Gym Battle (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At-_Mg1KxDqZdEtoWTRlM0tqem5CVEx0UGYzbFVmWVE#gid=0)

@Everyone else: you see Chekov's capture of the Nidoran as he talked them into it.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-19, 09:55 AM
Akane Yagami

Bowing her head in appreciation, she followed inside. "...Wait a second. How'd you know Hestia was a she? I ...." An eyebrow couldn't help but raise as she followed inside. "Well ... since you seem to know ..." She tossed the Poke Ball, allowing Hestia to come out now. Noting the rod, she hoped it was for show but mentally prepared in case that was a hint for a water Pokemon.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-19, 10:04 AM
Hale Morland, Ace Trainer

As soon as Lelith as he saw the battle was over, and there weren't more pokemon to fight, he turned to Lelith and muttered: "Right, that was great, but I want you to practice that Growth again, ok?" He saw Lelith straining, but hardened his heart as he knew it was for her benefit.

Brutal Workout: Lelith takes half HP as damage for +100% experience from that battle.

Hale was impressed by Chekhov's capture, I thought you had to beat them first... I didn't realise they would be caught by kindness... hale filed that away for further use.

"So guys, where did Akane get to? i thought we were travelling together? And well done on catching those Nidoran." He finishes, snapping his pokedex shut as it registers the two pokemon.

Tsumeken
2012-09-19, 10:05 AM
The girl pulls the rod back tying the line around one of the beams above. "Come on out Freesk." the ball opens as a purple butterfly emerges from the confines and flutters about before stopping in place. "Alright Freesk, lets try a Tackle first."

[roll0]
[roll1]
:smalleek: really a miss.

The bug flies past only barely off target.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-19, 10:09 AM
Akane Yagami

Scanning the butterfly with her Pokedex, Akane smiled proudly as she watched Hestia dodge out of the way. "Nice one. Go return the favor with your own Tackle!"

ACC check (3+): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Tsumeken
2012-09-19, 10:16 AM
(Exp added to OOC for all participants in the fights/captures)

The butterfree takes the hit hard but it's not out. "Wow she's as fast as I thought, alright then Freesk, use a Stun Spore."

Barely miss... again.
[roll0]

Yukikage
2012-09-19, 10:19 AM
Kamina holds up the pokeball with weedle in it and smiles. Welcome to the team buddy. Kamina walks over to the group and see's chevkov capture the two nidoran. Well seems like everyone had some fun here.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-19, 10:27 AM
Akane Yagami

As the scanning completed, so did Hestia with another dodge. "Go for another one, Hestia! Keep it up!"

ACC check (3+): [roll0]

passinglurker
2012-09-19, 10:31 AM
"Thank you I learned from Soyuz that there is more ways to make friends than to beat them within an inch of their lives, though that may still be necessary for some mon that are a danger to themselves and others I very much prefer it when things go like this" he then calls Soyuz over and releases the two nidorans for introductions before going into thier first lesson "ok first lesson about becomeing stronger you two is to learn to brave the unknown" he then lifts the two and places them on Soyuz's head "hold tight to the horn, don't worry, and have fun I'll be right behind you" he then climbs on Soyuz's back and says to the others "race you all to Viridian. Full speed ahead Soyuz! and avoid burrowing this time you are carrying passangers" the Onix then rumbles ahead at double shift speed.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-19, 10:41 AM

Hale stared after them, clearly exasperated. So when you have two unknown only just caught pokemon, it makes sense to scare them stupid on a huge rock beast, whilst at the same time carrying a priceless and valuable egg, that may be the only way of restoring a unique legendary pokemon... Hale thought wryly.

I guess we should follow him. As he started to follow, he released his new capture, the weakened Weedle. "It's all right you." he said calmly, picking the pokemon up and placing him on his shoulder next to Lelith (with her between the weedle and his head- he wasn't that trusting, not to a bug with a huge poisonous sting). "I'll look after you, come on." He tired petting the Weedle, whilst encouraging Lelith to make friends.

Tsumeken
2012-09-19, 10:50 AM
(I assume everyone follows the Onix which reaches Viridian in no time)
The streets of Viridian are cleared but it seems a few people are looking in through the windows of the Gym where a battle is taking place.

@Akane: the last tackle sends the Butterfree back and up, launching it as it falls to the ground. Flicking her wrist the Butterfree is returned to the pokeball. "Nice shot, you two seem to be pretty well adapted to battle." She walks over handing you the Earth Badge, "Here you go, proof you beat this gym. Holding it will be proof that you beat this gym."

(Exp 720, and 1 trainer level for gym badge.)

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-19, 11:02 AM

Hale glanced into the gym as they passed, only to be taken aback by the sight of Akane, claiming a gym badge: How did she manage that...? He wondered.
"Guys! Wait up." he called out."Akane's in here." He wandered inside, returning his two pokemon to their balls as he did so. "Hey Akane, you ran off. Did you just win that? It's certainly impressive." he glanced at the Leader and introduced himself. "hey, I'm Hale, don't get too comfortable, I'll be challenging you tomorrow." he grins as he finishes saying it, but if Akane could win, then surely he could as well. And it would be good practice for Spike and Lelith both.

Yukikage
2012-09-19, 11:03 AM
Kamina walks into the gym just in time to see Akane receive a gym badge. Awwww man we missed the party. Kamina walks over to Akane and looks at the gym badge. So this is a gym badge? First time i've seen one.

Tsumeken
2012-09-19, 11:12 AM
She smiles to the other two trainers, "Oh I still have other pokemon, and sorry I guess I haven't introduced myself yet. My name is Yellow de Viridian Grove. I'm the acting temporary leader here."

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-19, 11:14 AM

"Oh? What happened to the normal Leader? If you don't mind my asking." Hale replied, curious.

passinglurker
When they arrive Chekhov takes the two Nidorans down and says "you two did very well with you first lesson I'm proud of both of you. Its bit of a rush isn't it and now your already all the stronger for it. think about you just rode a giant snake made of boulders to a human town and nothing bad happened. A lot of stuff you thought was scary must seem like now cake compared to doing this, but don't worry every moment won't be like this its just that some times growing stronger means leaving your comfort zone and you both did great. now the sights and sounds of a city can be a little over whelming so I'm going to tuck you two away in you pokeballs till you more accustomed to being around people alright" assuming they agree Chekhov recalls the two nidorans and asks "now where too next? the gym? ok" he recalls Soyuz and enters the gym the world needs more onix sized doors he thinks to himself

VirgoBushin
Akane Yagami

Giving a low bow, Akane began to head out before realizing the others had caught up. "Ah um .... yes I won it." Deciding to let Hestia stay out of the Poke Ball for a bit longer, the faithful Ponyta remained beside her. "Thank you for the battle Miss ...." She realized she almost hadn't caught her name before ... did she just read her mind? "Yellow ..." Hearing that she had other active Pokemon, it gave her a bit more incentive to move aside and allow the others to walk in, assuming some of them didn't want to wait.

Tsumeken
2012-09-19, 11:23 AM
The orginal leader went off to visit his father. He's a secretive person and doesn't say much about his family." She bows to the new entrant.

passinglurker
2012-09-19, 11:25 AM
Chekhov bows back "sorry just walked in did you say the leader isn't here? does that mean we have to wait till he comes back to challenge for a badge?"

Tsumeken
2012-09-19, 11:37 AM
SHe shakes her head, "I passed the qualifications for the Gym Leader test as well so I'm allowed to act as temporary gym leader" She looks down at all the others pokeballs smiling, "That's quite a unique group, especially that mole looking Pokemon, I've never seen one before."

passinglurker
2012-09-19, 11:43 AM
"oh thats good" says Chekhov who then looks around "so who's going first?" (OOC: not chekhov i have to go offline for a few hours and i don't want to hold everyone else up)

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-19, 11:49 AM
Hale Morland

Having just fought a battle, and thinking it was probably enough excitement for the day, Hale declined saying: "Don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow, but we need to rest up so we're in top form." Hale will then head to the pokemon centre to try and find a room for the night.

planswalker
2012-09-19, 12:03 PM
Sulu had been hanging back, allowing others to take the limelight.

"I will." Sulu says simply. "Would a single pokemon battle be acceptable?"

Tsumeken
2012-09-19, 06:08 PM
She nods retrieving her rod as she attaches another ball but stops. "Don't worry guys just wait your turn." She laughs as she looks at a few pokeballs in her case that she hadn't chosen yet as she speaks.

Viridian Gym Battle (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At-_Mg1KxDqZdEtoWTRlM0tqem5CVEx0UGYzbFVmWVE#gid=0)

Flinging the rod out she smiles, "Alright lets go Spinsk! A beam erupts from the ball as a large Orange Spider with a large horn on its head is deployed, it's eyes seem to very alert and open.

Yukikage
2012-09-19, 08:22 PM
Kamina takes a seat on the ground a few feet away from the battle. He gets out his pokedex and scans Yellow's mon. Then sits back and watch's the battle.

passinglurker
2012-09-19, 09:05 PM
after scanning the spider Chekhov sits to the side pulls out some paper and supplies and starts drawing up plans for arm attachments while he waits. He could have just used his pokedex's CAD app but he liked good old pencil and paper cause he can lay out a lot of information in front of himself at once.

planswalker
2012-09-19, 10:29 PM
She nods retrieving her rod as she attaches another ball but stops. "Don't worry guys just wait your turn." She laughs as she looks at a few pokeballs in her case that she hadn't chosen yet as she speaks.

Flinging the rod out she smiles, "Alright lets go Spinsk! A beam erupts from the ball as a large Orange Spider with a large horn on its head is deployed, it's eyes seem to very alert and open.

Sulu will scan it while Reginald takes up position opposite the bug.

Reginald takes advantage of his blindingly fast speed to get in the first strike.

Reginald begins with a [roll0]
[roll1]

regardless of whether or not Reginald's 12 speed is higher than the opponent:

If a foe wants to declare a Move, you
may instead use Quick Attack on their
turn before they can use their Move.

Reginald's stats:
HP: 31/31
DEF: 10
SDEF: 10
SPD: 12

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-20, 05:12 AM
After hopefully securing a room for the night, Hale returns and watches the battle. He scans Yellow's pokemon.

Tsumeken
2012-09-20, 10:06 AM
As Reginald Charges the Ariados it lets it's legs fall limp causing itself to lie flat to the ground as the Scyther's arm sweeps over it.

"Alright Spinsk, lets make it think twice on it's fast movements." Flipping back up the Ariados uses it's face on the back of it's abdomen contorting it into a horrible scowl with menacing eyes.

Scary Face
AC:2
[roll0]
-2 speed stages
Spd: 6

planswalker
2012-09-20, 10:08 AM
speed is now 9

Reginald continues his quick onslaught

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tsumeken
2012-09-20, 10:16 AM
The Aridos scampers again before launching to attack. "Alright Spinsk, Struggle Bug." the eyes of the bug glow as it attacks with a near invisable force.

AC: 2
[roll0]
[roll1] +2 STAB
-1 Special attack stage

planswalker
2012-09-20, 10:22 AM
that's 15 total damage, -10 for Reginald's defense is 5, 1/2 for resistances means 2 damage, correct?

"Focus, Reginald! Stop toying with him and strike him already." Reginald quickly attacks again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tsumeken
2012-09-20, 10:31 AM
(correct)

The attack lands hard on the Arachnid it shakes from the impact before rolling back up "Constrict!"

Firing a webbing it attempts to wrap up the opposition.

[roll0]
[roll1]
-1 speed stage (total 3)

planswalker
2012-09-20, 10:33 AM
that would be a miss due to my evasion of 2

"Once more, Reginald! Let's end this."

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tsumeken
2012-09-20, 10:42 AM
The spider is hit hard once more flying back as it shakes before falling over. Yellow recalls the spider, "Good work Spinsk, you did a good job." She walks over handing the badge to Sulu and smiling, "Two good trainers in one day, this is intriguing. I look forward to the others of your group who I'm sure will do just as well."

(720 exp, 1 trainer level)

passinglurker
2012-09-20, 10:44 AM
"well I guess I'm next" says Chekhov as he gathers up his papers and steps forward.

Tsumeken
2012-09-20, 10:51 AM
Yellow smiles, "Alright if you're next then....hmmm." She looks at him first before pulling out a ball, "You're turn Ledesk." A redish and black spotted bug emerges before opening it's wing and flying around the room to it's spot on the battle field.

(spd 13)

passinglurker
2012-09-20, 10:57 AM
"Go Soyuz!" Chekhov releases Soyuz who coils up ready to strike from her starting position (Spd 10)

EDIT: he also scans the bug

planswalker
2012-09-20, 10:58 AM
"Why thank you. I have every confidence they will." Sulu says as he bows gracefully. He'll scan the bug that just showed up to fight Chekov.

"Reginald, you were as mighty as ever. Congratulations. Now let's get you and your two new companions healed up."

Tsumeken
2012-09-20, 11:32 AM
(Leidian scanned)

"Alright Ledesk lets put up a strong start, Reflect!" The bug concentrates as shield of light appears before it.

passinglurker
2012-09-20, 03:41 PM
dang! it just had to be a bug that can learn mach punch well I'm not waiting to find out... but if I use rock throw I could accidentally kill the Leidian with my type advantage thinks Chekhov to himself conflicted about what to do. he eventually decides "Soyuz return" he recalls the Onix "I'm sorry miss yellow but I'm afraid I must withdraw I'm afraid one lucky rock throw may kill your pokemon. since I find the risk and potential consequences unacceptable and my projections for all other tactics ending in my defeat I will forfeit and save my self a trip to the pokemon center. I will return when I believe I have minimized the risk of unwanted death."

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-20, 04:09 PM

Hale looked on surprised, he scanned the bug to make sure, but still, Chekhov's withdrawal was noble and self sacrificing, though maybe a little patronising, surely if she were a leader she'd have a chance against a new trainer...

Tsumeken
2012-09-20, 05:26 PM
Yellow blinks as you do this, "Are you sure? If you are then I won't stop you but this is the first time that's happened." She thinks for a second placing a hand under her chin. "Well if you come back in a few days the true leader might be here by then, he'd be able to be much more sturdy against any types you might have." She smiles, "Though I must thank you for your empathy about my Pokemon's well being, I can see why those two little ones you have with you joined you now. They must have felt the same thing." She points to the Nidodran still in their balls as she speaks. "I'd feel bad though seeing you go away with nothing so... hmm." She recalls the Leidian while looking through her other pokeballs, "Ah here we go." turning back she walks to Chekhov placing the ball in his hand, "This little one was found north of here in Viridian forest, but I don't know why he was there. Perhaps you could take care of him."

Chekhov
the Pokemon is a Togepi lvl 5, male. OT is none since it hasn't been trained yet just held in a pokeball for protection. Kinda like how even though the Professors give you starters they are not listed as the OT's

passinglurker
2012-09-20, 07:11 PM
"uh.. t-Thank you ma'am I will take good care of it, and thank you for understanding"

On top of receiving another pokemon out of the blue Chekhov was a bit surprised and thrown off at her mention of his 2 Nidoran. he had recalled them outside and hadn't said a word about them was she psychic? he then turned around and remembered that buildings typically have windows he concluded that she must have saw or overhead him talking to the Nidoran through the window or at least that it was just as likely as her reading his mind.

when the next challenger steps up to face yellow Chekhov will slip out in search of a contest hall or other alternate means of pokemon training. he has basically 3 baby pokemon now and he knows from raising Soyuz that they are very vulnerable in battles at that age and its best to start them on something nonlethal.OOC: what is OT?

planswalker
2012-09-20, 10:06 PM
damn, you forfeit and get a togepi. I should have tried that. j/k :smalltongue:

Sulu says, "Well, friend, I find your honor admirable. And, apparently, profitable."

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-21, 05:33 AM
Yeah, hale would like to rest before battling, since Lelith is at half HP, so if no one else wants to do anything, I'm good with a time skip to the next day.

Yukikage
2012-09-21, 07:09 AM
Kamina is a little confused as to why Chekhov withdrew from the battle, but he figures there must be a good reason. He then gets up and walks over to yellow. Well then i guess it's my turn. You ready partner? Simon nods and gets into his fighting stance.

Tsumeken
2012-09-21, 11:19 AM
OT?
It's gonna be OT: (your name here) so it will technically be OT you even though it was caught by someone else just like how the starters should actually be OT: (professor name here) but are yours

"Alright last fight of the day then it seems." She pulls out a ball and tosses it out, "Go on out Pikask." A small yellow rodent with a notched ear comes out and tilts its head towards Simon

spd: 8

(OOC: all going to the centers have now full health and Pokemon healed.)

Yukikage
2012-09-21, 11:47 AM
Kamina scans the mon. Alright partner let's do this. Use you're scratch attack! Simon Runs up to the mon and attempts to scratch it.

speed 8
ac 2 [roll0] accuracy
[roll1] damage

planswalker
2012-09-21, 11:54 AM
Sulu scans the new 'mon as well before heading out at the pokecenter.

Tsumeken
2012-09-21, 12:26 PM
The Pichu is hit hard as flies back, "Pikask try a ThunderShock!" charging the small conductors on it's cheeks the Pichu fires.

[roll0]
[roll1]
(paralyzed)

NM, forgot you had a mole lol

Yukikage
2012-09-21, 12:42 PM
Simon takes the hit but no damage. You ok buddy? Simon nods and gets back in his fighting stance. Alright Partner another scratch!

ground type immune to electric attacks so no damage.

ac 2 [roll0] accuracy
[roll1] damage

Tsumeken
2012-09-21, 12:48 PM
The Pichu and Yellow are amazed, the fact that the POkemon is unknown to her assiting your advantage as Simon easily ignores the electric assault and attacks back putting down the yellow mouse. "Return Pikask." She returns him looking a bit down, "Guess I still have a lot to learn, but congratulations" She smiles handing Kamina the Earth badge.

(720 exp just to be on par with the others even thouhg Pichus aren't worth that much and a trainer level.)

Yukikage
2012-09-21, 12:59 PM
Good job Simon you were great out there. Kamina kneels down and gives Simon a high five. Thank you. Honostly i didnt know i had type advantage im still a new trainer so i don't know all the types and advantages. Kamina looks at Simon. So your immune to electric type huh partner? Simon nods a few times. Anyways thank you for the battle i learned something useful.

Tsumeken
2012-09-21, 01:10 PM
~Music plays, next day~

the weather outside is cloudy this morning, the sun still shines but not as fervent as it did yesterday.

planswalker
2012-09-21, 04:11 PM
Filled with an insatiable desire to catch as many pokemon as he can, Sulu will head out bright and early the next morning to look for some new friends to catch.

Yukikage
2012-09-21, 04:26 PM
Kamina yawns and stretches as he wakes up and gets out of bed and gets dressed. He wakes up Simon and heads outside. He heads to a secluded part in some woods nearby to train his pokemon some. He releases his weedle and sits in the grass in front of it. He there buddy guess we havn't had a chance to talk much sense yesterday was pretty hectic. Anyway welcome to the team. I'm Kamina and this is Simon and i guess i should give you a name huh? Kamina thinks for a bit. Ah how about Nia?
Sometime goes by as he gets to know Nia Better. Ok how about some training? Simon Lets use that tree there for some attack practice, and Nia lets use that tree there for attack practice as well.

what should i roll for training? or do i need to roll?

VirgoBushin
2012-09-21, 04:30 PM
Akane Yagami

After having finished watching all the matches, Akane followed suit and got a room for herself in the Poke Center. It took little incentive to help her fall asleep. By the time morning showed up, she had a pretty good idea on her agenda. She, also needed to gain more allies of her own. Hestia is strong but.... Nodding as she rethought it over, the logic made enough sense. She wouldn't be able to keep advantages forever and it was probably one reason not many had been able to finish Pokemon journies with the one they began with. They usually had to get more because of the strategies that came with Pokemon fighting. Maybe there'd be an individual she could test herself against also.

Sending up a silent prayer, she slipped out of the room then the Poke Center. Looking around once outside, she tapped her fingers against the handle of one of her tonfas. Pulling her Pokedex out and using the map function, she mused softly as she gazed down, "Hm ... maybe the Forest ..." Double checking the map first, she nods to herself before heading off towards the Viridian Forest.

passinglurker
2012-09-21, 06:02 PM
DAY 1
the contest hall proved harder to find than a secret hipster coffee shop so as it was getting late Chekhov decided to save finding it for another day and just do some exercises and sparing with the nidorans (which he decided to name Demetri and Anastasia) it was good practice but it didn't feel as effective as training that involved a competitive element. the togepi (which he decided to name vostok) on the other hand didn't really have any moves to spar with but fortunately he warmed up to Soyuz and hanged out with her while Chekhov trained the nidoran. when they were done Chekhov got a bed at the pokemon center

DAY 2
Chekhov woke up early and got ready if he was going to get that togepi trained then he would need to put its somewhere where its talents mattered which meant finding the contest hall. As for the nidorans maybe he can find another trainer in the same spot with baby pokemon and would be up for a friendly/relatively safe pokemon battle.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-21, 07:08 PM
Hale Morland

Hale woke, refreshed and revitalized, keen to challenge the gym leader. Making sure he had both Lelith and Spike ready he headed towards the gym, prepared to do battle.

Tsumeken
2012-09-22, 12:36 PM
@Hale: The gym leader stands outside watering a few plants as she waves to you. "Morning."

@Chekhov: You know there are 3 routs you can take to train, the Viridian Forest, the road to Pallet town, or the path leading to Victory Road.

@Akane:
[roll0]
[roll1]
On your way into Viridian Forest you spot a small gathering of Pokemon grazing on a nearby hill.
Hillside Battle (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At-_Mg1KxDqZdC04cnhZMWMtYWtBcUlwLUxZSnFoMkE#gid=0)

@Kamina: (For training I suppose give me a time on how long you go for, 25p /30 min so an hour = 50xp)

@Planswalker: (3 routes same as Passing above, go ahead and choose one.)

passinglurker
2012-09-22, 12:50 PM
Chekhov believes he has enough mon on his plate right now, and doesn't like the idea of needlessly beating up wilds so instead of looking for trouble on the routes he checks the local job listings for infestations that need to be cleared. if that doesn't work then he goes to find a trainer battle suitable for the nidorans level.

Tsumeken
2012-09-22, 01:10 PM
@Chekhov: you find a listing on a nearby billboard for three separate jobs
Billboard
1.) Need Coffee!: Those damn people keep traipsing over my yard again and again, I know it's the only way out of town, but that gives them no right to just go as they please. Whats worse is I ran out of coffee! I need someone to fetch it for me, but not that store stuff only a good blend. There is a tree on the path to Victory Road I usually get it from, but I can't leave, not with all these new travelers on my land. Please retrieve my coffee beans.
Reward: 5x Awakening, 3000 Poke

2.) Wild Rats: A local gang going by the name Wild Rats has been bothering locals with small pranks here and there. We fear that they may move on to bigger stuff though, could you please beat them? The PPD of Viridian would appreciate it.
Rewards: ???

3.) Prissy: Oh my, my dear Prissy has gone missing. She's such a cute and darling little creature I couldn't bare the thought of anything happening to her. Please find her and return her to the Pokemon Center so they can contact me.
Rewards: 5000 poke.

passinglurker
2012-09-22, 01:22 PM
Chekhov decides to go with job number 3. if its a baby pokemon it could be in grave danger. he sends a message to the job poster if there is a number included with the ad

-hello I saw your ad can you tell me what species prissy is?-

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-22, 02:00 PM
Hale Morland

Hale smiles at Yellow: "Morning to you too. I'm ready to challenge the gym."

Yukikage
2012-09-22, 03:54 PM
After a hour of training Kamina tells Simon and Nia to stop and rest. After a good and relaxing rest they get up and Kamina recalls nia and heads out to find new pokemon to catch.

exp roll
[roll0]

VirgoBushin
2012-09-22, 04:15 PM
Akane Yagami

Scanning the Pokemon, she already begins to mentally plan. Sometimes outward appearances helped and if she was observing correctly enough, they had something aside from Fire like Hestia. Putting the Dex away once it finishes, she then tossed Hestia out. "Wait first ..." She murmured. It felt... wrong to force them into a battle while they were eating. So she'd give Hestia orders once at least one was done. Actually ... if they were as docile as they appeared, maybe she may not even have to. It'd depend how things went. "Actually ..... see about talking to one of them first." Watching her get up to the closest one, she began trying to gauge reactions and figure out what to expect to do or not.

Tsumeken
2012-09-22, 04:21 PM
@Chekhov: -oh thank you so much, my poor little Prissy is easily noticeable by a large pink bow on her head. She is a Snubble. I last saw her when I toured Victory Road.

@Hale: "That's great, I'll go get ready." Setting up the battle field she throws out her pokemon, "Alright Rattsk, lets go"
spd: 8

@Kamina:
[roll0]
[roll1] (good roll on random Pokemon)
You hear a yelp from nearby, looking over you spot a strange Duck creature. It seems to be in pain, but not as much as the small brown animal it is attacking. A man in all black smiles and cheers, "That's right teach it what it gets for going against us, little creep should'a just come along quietly."

Eevee battle (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At-_Mg1KxDqZdFN5aXNhVlJGVHh6RDVqQ2NHYWh0YVE#gid=0)

@Akane: as Hestia approaches two of the grazing Mareep rush off quickly while the last seems to be staying behind. It assumes a very determined stance and bleats at her.
Spd: 7

passinglurker
2012-09-22, 04:36 PM
-can you tell me anything else about her like when/where was the last time you saw her or her favorite foods or places? also this may seem odd but is there any where she has wanted to go that you wouldn't let her? I ask cause the first time I lost track of Soyuz when she was a baby I found her in the neighbors garden I wouldn't let her burrow in (for obvious reasons). it taught me that just because a mon is well behaved doesn't mean their incapable of disobedience and sites like that are easy for them to recognize if they get lost which makes those places a natural spot for them to turn up-

after he sends the message he calls out all his pokemon "all hands on deck we are looking for a lost snubbull so every one keep your eye's open and shout if you see a big pink bow" then then start prowling the streets. (also note Soyuz has a high vantage point and Chekhov will be following radar signatures when he has no other leads)

VirgoBushin
2012-09-22, 04:36 PM
Akane Yagami

A low chuckle left as she saw the result. Honestly, part of her had expected something along those lines. "Very well. Hestia! Ember!" A smile of pride crept as she watched flames appear then shoot towards the sheep.

Ember:
ACC Check (2+) [roll0]
STAB: +2 damage

Yukikage
2012-09-22, 04:39 PM
HEY! Kamina shouts at the man and runs over and puts himself and Simon between the the man and the small brown animal. He glares daggers at the man. What the hell do you think your doing? Don't you think your going overboard? He pulls out his dex and scans the duck mon.

the eevee battle hasn't been shared so cant access it.

Tsumeken
2012-09-22, 04:45 PM
@Chekhov: a few minutes pas before you spot a bright streak of pink running through a nearby alleyway, it seems to be chasing something.

@Kamina "Ehhh?!" The man looks at you as you scan his Psyduck, "You wanna butt in kid? Shouldn't you be at home with your bottle or something?!" he straightens his hat, "Heh, well fine I can babysit you for a bot, come on Psyduck!"

"Duck?" It seems confused but walks over to the man as he calls it.
Psyduck Spd: 6

@Akane: the flames lick the cottony Pokemon but it withstands them pretty well as it's conductors on the sides of it's head glow and it charges.
Tackle
AC:2
[roll0]
[roll1]

VirgoBushin
2012-09-22, 04:48 PM
Akane Yagami

Whistles at the display, noting at least her instincts had been right. If the sheep had not only been able to stand the fire well but give a decent hit to Hestia .. this would definitely be worth it. "Hang in there and return the favor with your own!"

Tackle:
ACC Check (2+) [roll0]

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-22, 05:04 PM
Hale Morland

Hale draws out both his pokedex and a ball from his belt. "Right, I know you're knew to this, but I want to see what you can do." Hale whispers to the ball before releasing his Weedle.

"Right Spike, use Poison Sting."

Attack roll: [roll0] AC2, 17-20 poisons.

Spd: 6 Def: 3 SpDef: 2
HP: 19

Tsumeken
2012-09-22, 05:18 PM
@Akane: As Hestia barrels into the fullfball it bounces twice before getting back up. It seems in pain, but is trying to hide it.

@Hale: the Rattata takes the sting and shakes itself, "Rattsk use a tail whip!"
AC 2
[roll0]
Def stage -1

VirgoBushin
2012-09-22, 05:23 PM
Akane Yagami

Holds her hand up again to Hestia as pulls a Poke Ball out. "Regardless, you two will get a break after this ...." Any Pokemon she may run into after, she'd fight herself to give them rest. Then she'd go back to the Center when she was done. Nodding as she rethought on her plan, she then tossed the ball towards the sheep.

Catch Roll:
[roll0]

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-22, 05:25 PM
Hale Morland

"Come on," Hale cajoled, even though Spike didn't even seem phased by the creature's actions.

Poison Sting again: [roll0] AC 2 (17-20= Poisons)

Tsumeken
2012-09-22, 05:36 PM
@Akane: Mareep lvl9 male, 135 exp

@Hale: The sting hits home as the Rattata succumbs before the poison takes it. Recalling the rat Yellow walks up to Hale, "Congratulations, you earned this badge, your Weedle is quite the power house in a small package."

720 exp and a trainer level. If this causes Spike to go past 10 he can evolve through both Kakuna and Beedrill.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-22, 05:43 PM
Use Brutal Workout, Spike is down to 9HP.

Hale moved to collect Spike, but before he could, the Weedle began to emit a soft glow and warped into a large chrysalis, before shattering from that as a strong, yellow and black striped bug, it's wings still damp. Hale stared at it fascinated, then laid a hand on it's arm above the stinger and muttered: "Thanks, you did great."

He turned to yellow and thanked her as well, accepting the badge before returning to the poke centre and asking after his companions.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-22, 06:17 PM
Akane Yagami

Her proud smile widened as she bowed her head to Hestia. "Nice one, girl. Take a rest as I promised." Putting her Poke Ball at her hip, she then walked to the Mareep. Closing her eyes for a bit, she finally murmured softly, "...Hitsuji. It suits you. Welcome to the team ..." Setting that Poke Ball beside Hestia's, she resumed trailing towards the Forest. She would, as she'd mentally planned for, fight any others by herself till she got her team and any additional Pokemon she may catch soon to the Center to recover. A slight anxious swallow leaves. Admittingly, she's never tested her fighting skills out since fighting her way out of Team Rocket. Then again .... that's why they say no time like the present I believe ... She reminded herself. Taking another deep breath, she let her feet continue to guide her, keeping her eyes and ears alert, her hands resting upon her tonfas.

passinglurker
2012-09-22, 06:46 PM
Chekhov recalls Soyuz and Vostok(ones to big ones to slow) lines up the pink streak with the radar signature on his dex and quickly follows it. the two nidoran follow closely

Tsumeken
2012-09-22, 07:10 PM
@Chekhov: As you head into the alleyway you see the Snubble in question grappling with a Meowth

@Akane:
[roll0]
[roll1]
(A Seel in the forest does not make sense so next nearest Pokemon that makes sense)
While waking through the forst you hear a *Swish, swish, thwack!* sound cutting through the air nearby. Sneaking up you spot a strange looking bird cutting at the grass with a leek. It's feathers seem to sparkle.

@Hale: the Nurse heals your mons and inorms you your firends have gone off to train, at least two of them left the city towards the forest, and another towards Victory road.

@Sulu:
[roll2]
[roll3]
As Sulu looks around for something to find to add to the team he spots a purplish smoke emitting from a nearby alley, looking in he sees a floating Pokemon expelling the gas subconsciously. It's skin glimmers a deep bluish-grey.

planswalker
2012-09-22, 07:38 PM
Sulu will go explore along the path to victory road.

passinglurker
2012-09-22, 07:39 PM
Chekhov takes a wild guess and figures they are fighting over the bow the owner mentioned cats like bows after all. he whistles loudly to get thier attention "FWEEEEEEH! cool it you two I have plenty of bows and ribbons for the both of you Demetri cover the other side" Demetri tries to shift to the other side of the snubbull and meowth to mess up any escape

Tsumeken
2012-09-22, 07:46 PM
@Sulu: ^refers above^ A Shiny Koffing has appeared

@Chekhov: The two stop fighting and look between you and Demetri. The Meowth seems to be wild while the Snubbel has a collar.

planswalker
2012-09-22, 07:50 PM
Sulu scans it and sends out Courtney his spearow to battle it.

speed 8

Tsumeken
2012-09-22, 07:52 PM
The Koffing turns slowly and smiles a oblivious smile at the Spearow as it floats
Spd 5

passinglurker
2012-09-22, 08:11 PM
"Prissy I presume" he says to the snubbull and then says kindly to the both "alright now that I got your attention care to share with me what all this is about its not like two pokemon as dignified and graceful as your two species to stoop to fighting over nothing"

VirgoBushin
2012-09-22, 08:18 PM
Akane Yagami

Her head tilted out of curiosity. So ... this Pokemon knew how to fight also? And it seemed to have it's own weapon? Heh, interesting bird. Seems perfect ... Pulling her tonfas out, she gave a bow to the bird. "If I must prove myself to you so that you can join me, that's fine. But if I can talk to you instead, I want to see if I can do it that way instead. Regardless of the method, I would be honored if you joined me, one way or another."

CHA check [here goes everything and nothing simultaneously]:
[roll0]
Meh, honestly not too amazed. Didn't expect it to go the best :smalltongue:

Tsumeken
2012-09-22, 08:29 PM
@Chekhov: the Snubbel begins to point at the Meowth while it utters it's name over and over. The Meowth doing the same before both turn away from each other with a "Humph!" The bow sits on the ground between them

@Akane: Farfetch points it's leek at you as in defiance as it talks back to you swishing the stick through the air, ending on a poke in your direction.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-22, 08:35 PM
Akane Yagami

Her head shook no as she chuckled lightly. "Heh, sorry. I'm not leaving as easy as you'd want." Thank gods she always came prepared. Tightening the grip on her tonfas, she swung at the bird. The fact it had it's own weapon made her feel even less guilty on actually fighting it. It meant she could expect a retaliation ... which honestly intrigued her a bit. She'd never fought a Pokemon like this before. It'd be one hell of an experience for her.

Tonfa Attacks:

ACC: (4+) [roll0]

planswalker
2012-09-22, 08:45 PM
The Koffing turns slowly and smiles a oblivious smile at the Spearow as it floats
Spd 5

Johnathon will begin by pecking his foe

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tsumeken
2012-09-22, 08:54 PM
@Akane: The tonfa impacts the bir as it angrily attacks back striking out multiple times
Fury attack
AC 4
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]+1
[roll6]+1
[roll7]+1
[roll8]+1
[roll9]+1

@Sulu:The Koffing takes the hit hard as it tries to tackle the spearow
[roll10]

[roll11]

VirgoBushin
2012-09-22, 09:00 PM
Akane Yagami

As hit after hit connected, she felt more and more astonished. That stick was doing a hell of a lot more than she had planned for. Panting and breathing a bit heavily, she thought on whether to try to end the fight now or not. She was leaning towards no for one reason. She could feel her body was getting close to her limit and of all the things she wanted to get knocked out from, something she wanted to catch was not one. Deciding to regain some of her strength first, she pulled a potion out and sprayed herself with it.

Potion Usage:

[roll0]

planswalker
2012-09-22, 09:17 PM
That knocking out Johnathon in one hit, Sulu will throw a pokeball at the koffing and send out Courtney.

[roll0]

Should the thing not get caught, Courtney will use string shot [roll1]

Yukikage
2012-09-22, 09:18 PM
Hell ya im butting in! Use Mud slap Simon! Simon sling some nearby mud at psyduck.

ac 2 [roll0] accuracy
[roll1] damage Mud-Slap creates a Column 1-meter
wide. All Legal Targets must roll
+1 during Accuracy Checks for the
remainder of the encounter

passinglurker
2012-09-22, 09:26 PM
he scans the two before he forgets "just as I thought its over the bow. ok lets just take this sloooow no one is in any rush and we can all still walk away happy. now I'm going to guess at what happend and you two tell me if I'm close alright?" he takes out some paper and starts doodling out a play by play "alright so first off Prissy here is out and about with her owner when all this started right?" he asks prissy

Tsumeken
2012-09-22, 09:33 PM
@Akane:
The Farfetch'd watches you administer the potion to yourself and gives you a stern look.
Leer:
AC (2+):[roll0]

@Sulu:
The ball impacts the Koffing as it disappears inside. It shudders once ... twice. It almost seems like it's going to escape but at the last second, the light goes off.
(Shiny Koffing, Male. Lv. 8. Shiny = +1 to all base stats)

@Kamina:
The Psyduck shakes it's head as the dirt hits it's eyes. The man growls as he lifts up something in his hand, quickly bringing it down, causing the Psyduck to jump. "You stupid thing! It's just a little dirt! Get in there and be worth something!" The Psyduck shakes before it rushes forward, scratching wildly.

Trainer Action: Lasher feature. Lower Pokemon's Loyalty by 1 to raise one Attribute 2 Combat Stages [STR]

Scratch:
ACC (3+): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

@Chekhov:
The Snubble looks up at you and nods. "Snubble." while the Meowth stays in it's own proud state, turned away.

planswalker
2012-09-22, 09:39 PM
xp for the encounter?

Sulu will pick up his newest ally.

"I hereby christen you Smaug."

His new ally in hand, he'll continue a little father.

Yukikage
2012-09-22, 09:40 PM
Shack it off Simon! Use your scratch! Simon shacks of the attack from the psyduck and goes on the offensive.

hp 21/34
ac 2 [roll0] accuracy
[roll1] damage

VirgoBushin
2012-09-22, 09:41 PM
Akane Yagami

Unable to help herself a bit, Akane chuckled. Of all the things it could have done .. it hadn't physically attacked her. Maybe she didn't need to use the potion. Ah well, much better safe than sorry. "Sorry about this ..." She murmured, swinging her tonfas again.

Tonfa Attacks:

Tsumeken
2012-09-22, 09:49 PM
@Sulu: (160 exp, extra 5xp a level for the shininess cause I say so)
As Sulu continues he spots Kamina, who he met yesterday, In battle with a man in black. The man's Pokemon seems to have received a powerful hit as he returns it to deploy a new one.

@Akane: The Farfetch'd strikes out with it's leek again.
Scratch
[roll0]
[roll1]+1
Crit, 25 damage

@Kamina: the Psyduck falls back as the man returns it. "Tch useless thing, fine lets try this!" He throws out another pokeball as a Smooth pink qudreped stares blankly.. in the wrong direction. "Not me fool get that mole!" it turns around very slowly, the blank expression never leaving it's face as it stares into space.
[spd: 4]

planswalker
2012-09-22, 09:54 PM
Sulu will scan the duck real quick before it's recalled and scan the pink thing.

"Hello, Kamina! How are things going?"

passinglurker
2012-09-22, 09:55 PM
"ok and that bow was a gift from your owner and means a lot to you right?" he then turns to the meowth "don't worry meowth your turn to tell your side is next"

VirgoBushin
2012-09-22, 09:57 PM
Akane Yagami

"Holy hell ...." She murmured, a light groan leaving her. This bird was putting up more of a fight than some other humans she'd fought before. Shaking her head, she gave a very determined glance of her own to the Pokemon. "You're tough ... no doubt. But you're not winning this either." Pulling her tonfas back, she swung with as much might as she could muster.

Tonfa Attacks:

Yukikage
2012-09-22, 10:04 PM
Kamina hears Sulu call out to him. This guy is practically torturing his pokemon and was beating the pokemon behind me senseless don't let him get away! Simon Mud slap! Once again Simon grabs some nearby mud and slings it at the enemy mon.

ac 2 [roll0] accuracy
[roll1] damage

planswalker
2012-09-22, 10:12 PM
Sulu will call out Reginald.

"Reginald, Stop that trainer."

Reginald will quick attack the trainer [roll0]
[roll1]

Tsumeken
2012-09-22, 10:12 PM
@Akane: The farfetched stumbles using it's leek to stay up as it breathes heavily before splashing sand in your direction.
AC 2
[roll0]

@Sulu: You sacn both the Psyduck and Slowpoke as Kamina yells back to you. You hit the trainer hard as he steps back behind his Pokemon. Clutching his gut

@Kamina: The mud hits the Pokemon but it doesn't even flinch, "Go on do something you lazy thing." The POkemon sits on it's haunches and gives out a Yawn. The mans eyes go wide, "Not that you stupid... thing..." He falls forward catching himself slowly but not able to remain awake.

@Chekhov: the Snubbel nods again sitting down and looking sad, it picks the ribbon up and pantomimes it walking and eploring then the Meowth stole it and it chased him.

Yukikage
2012-09-22, 10:24 PM
Kamina runs at the man and attempts to knock him to the ground and restrain him.

[roll0] accuracy to knock the guy down.
[roll1] strength to keep him down if i need to roll for it.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-22, 10:24 PM
Akane Yagami

Panting and exhaling deeply, a slightly shaky left hand grabbed onto a Poke Ball. Giving it a weary but genuine smile, she finally spoke in between heavy breaths. "Need .... more ... incentive yet? Or ... no?" Kneeling down so the Poke Ball would be in front of it's face when it got up to it, she waited to gauge it's reaction and try to figure out what her own next move may need to be. In her head there were the possibilities it'd finally accept the offer now, she'd have to resume fighting or ..... was there a third one? She felt like there was ... but the pain that was swimming through her was making her temporarily forget. Meh it may not matter but if it does, it should come back to me ...

passinglurker
2012-09-22, 11:32 PM
"ok now just hold on a second" he turns to the meowth "alright I'm guessing you have it rough, digging out of trash cans, catching birds that have been hanging out who knows where, and not really having anything fun or pretty in your life so then you see this pampered up snubbull walking with a pampered up human and you think 'she wouldn't miss one bow her owner would get her another' so you take it cause its the prettiest thing you've had in your life since your first meal of fish right?"

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-23, 04:38 AM
Hale Morland

Well, with two in the forest, those were his best odds. Hale picked up his pack and released Spike his newly healed Beedrill, and asked it to float along beside him: he needed to get to know his new companion after all.

Hunting for interesting wilds, or for the others.

Tsumeken
2012-09-23, 02:15 PM
@Hale
[roll0]
[roll1]
Making your way to the forest your spot two mounds of pink that appear to be fighting over something. The two appear to be Pokemon fighting over a rock as they pull at it and yell back and forth to eachother.

@Sulu + Kamina:
As the man is tackled to the ground you succeed in pinning him, the Slowpoke merely looks on blankly. The man seems to be unconscious.
(500 xp for the fight for Simon, and 600 to Reginald and Simon for the Rocket takedown)

@Akane: The Pokemon looks at you and then the ball. Taking it's leek it nods and speaks before pressing onto the ball. (Frafetch'd shiny level 11)

@Chekhov: the Meowth tears up a bit as it sits gloomly and nods. It looks back at the ribbon with a bit of longing in it's eyes.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-23, 05:18 PM
Akane Yagami

A sigh of relief left as she watched him accept it now. Holding the Poke Ball up for a few seconds, she gave a slow nod after a while. "Torishi .... I'll resume this later. Right now, heh, you gave me a hell of a workout by itself. You really are tough. All of you are ...." Putting her new ally by her side, she slowly began heading back to the Pokemon Center. It wasn't just Hestia and the others that needed. No ... gods no she did too. And of all things from a bird.... one that had seriously almost knocked her out and would have if she hadn't gotten potions.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-23, 05:52 PM
Hale Morland

Hmm.... Subtle or direct...? Well that was the question here: it seemed as though this would be an opportunity to try Chekhov's method, after all, it would seem foolish to send one pokemon against two.

Hale decided to approach cautiously, and have Spike, stay behind out of the way. "Hey you two, what are you doing?" he asked gently, casually scanning the pair with his pokedex.

Charisma check if necessary: [roll0]

Yukikage
2012-09-23, 06:16 PM
Kamina take's the man's pokeballs away and recalls slowpoke and store's the pokeballs in his pocket. Simon watch him for me a second. Simon sits on top of him while Kamina walks over to the injured eevee and takes out a potion and uses it on it. Hey little buddy you ok?

[roll0] for potion healing

planswalker
2012-09-23, 06:47 PM
"Do you think you have it handled from here?" Sulu asks Kamina.

passinglurker
2012-09-23, 07:26 PM
"alright so how does this sound if you let the snubul keep her ribbon and come with me I can show you a better life I can't guarantee it will be as glamorous as the snubuls life but I can promise it will be better than what you have. that means no more having dig through the trash for food, you'll have a warm place to sleep, friends, and of course a ribbon of your own" he sets out a pokeball "the choice is yours press the button to say yes"

Tsumeken
2012-09-23, 10:17 PM
@Akane: pulling yourself along back towards Viridian you spot Hale talking with two pink Pokemon, it seems he is trying to figure something out between them.

@Hale: The two Pokemon look at you as they drop the rock, you can see the crescent shape of a moon on the stone as it lands on the grass. The first Pokemon looks up with very large eyes as it puffs itself up to almost twice it's normal size by holding it's breath. letting it out it points at the stone then itself to which the other shakes it's head causing the curl of hair on it to swing as it does. It mimics the other and points to itself after the stone.

@Sulu + Kamina: The Slowpoke walks over to Sulu and sits staring at him. The Eevee shakes as you heal it and then takes a few steps before yipping happily at Kamina for the potion.

Chekhov: The Meowth wipes it's paws as it stands up, it walks over and looking down at the ball it smacks the button disappearing inside. The Snubbel grabs it's bow and re-ties it to itself. (Meowth lvl 10, F)

planswalker
2012-09-23, 10:18 PM
"Hey there, fella. Want to let me carry you to a pokecenter for now?"

VirgoBushin
2012-09-23, 10:27 PM
Akane Yagami

Staring silently at Hale and the two Pokemon for a bit, she prays whatever is about to happen doesn't require anymore fighting. She'd had more than enough of her share ... physically and mentally though a bit more the first. Slowly walking up, she gives a bow of her head to Hale before speaking softly, "....They having a dispute or something?" She asked, looking between the two as she scanned them both.

Yukikage
2012-09-23, 10:56 PM
Kamina turns to sulu. Yea im good here. Kamina turns back to the eevee. I'm glad your alright. Kamina pets the eevee on the head. Hey buddy how about coming with us? We aren't jerks like that guy. He pulls out a pokeball and puts it on the ground.

[roll0] capture roll
[roll1] charisma roll if needed
bad charisma roll is bad :smallannoyed:

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-24, 04:15 AM
Hale Morland

Hale watches the behaviour of the two intently. So they seemed to be arguing, that was clear, and both wanted the rock: well that solves the question of whether pokemon have a concpt of ownership...
He waited for the pokedex to report back, never having seen pokemon like these, but he felt like he should try and catch both.

"Right you two, now both of you want this rock, so why don't you tell me where you found it?" He listened closely, hoping that it would give him some clue as to why they wanted it or how he could please both. He was getting an inkling that the object was a Moonstone, but he had no idea where to find one...

passinglurker
2012-09-24, 10:39 AM
"so Prissy your owner is very worried about you cause she didn't know where you went after you ran off like that would it be alright if I took you back to the pokemon center so she can pick you up?"

Tsumeken
2012-09-24, 11:10 AM
Sulu+Kamina: The Slowpoke tilts it's head to the side looking at Sulu. it's safe to assume you could carry it to the Pokemon center with no trouble from it as it doesn't seem to have a care in the world in it's head. The Eevee presses against the ball allowing capture.

Hale+Akane: The pokedex finally registers the two Pokemon as a Jigglypuff and a Clefairy. both of them point over at a small cave off the path near the forest.

Chekhov:The Snubbel barks a reply as it follows you back to the center. It's owner arrives soon after you do handing you your payment (5000 poke) as well as a duplicate ribbon (Silk Ribbon [normal booster for stab]). She thanks you again before heading off.
[gain 700 exp to give to your Pokemon for the mission]

passinglurker
2012-09-24, 11:35 AM
After giving Meowth(which was given the name Sasha) the ribbon and a good meal Chekhov gathers his pokemon around for a little pep talk "Alright now I think we are ready to challenge the gym it could still be risky we don't know exactly what we will be up against so any one of you could be called on to battle but I think we are more prepared than last time and I believe in you guys. can I count on you all to try your best?" assuming they agree Chekhov then heads to the gym

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-24, 12:18 PM
Hale nods to Akane: "Looks like they both want this moon stone, I'm going to go and see if I can find some in that cave: you don't mind watching these two do you?" Hale wandered over to the cave, Spike buzzing at his shoulder.

Gathering his courage, he headed in, searching for any more Moonstones.

Yukikage
2012-09-24, 01:00 PM
Kamina smiles. Welcome to the team buddy. Kamina picks up the pokeball and puts it in his pocket. Now. Kamina looks over to the unconscious man and walks over to him. Let's take this jerkbag to the authorities. Kamina grabs one of his legs and drags him to the closest place to turn him in.

[roll0] strength roll if needed
also need info on the eevee

planswalker
2012-09-24, 03:55 PM
If he can find the slowpoke's pokeball, he'll use it to recall the pokemon and take it back to the pokecenter. If not, he'll pick it up and carry it.

Tsumeken
2012-09-24, 06:26 PM
Kamina+Sulu: Sulu finds the Slowpokes pokeball and is able to recall the Pokemon. You end up returning the man to a narby station that thanks you and rewards you for the capture (2400 poke each). The Officer also takes the pokeballs from the man and smashes them after releasing the Pokemon. "Could you two look after these ones if you don't mind?"
(Psyduck M, lvl 11)
(Slowpoke M, lvl 9)
[each can pick one]

Hale: As you enter the cave you spot a stone near the back along with some other shiny objects. A shrill cry come from one of the corners as a furry creature jumps in the way. It stands on two legs mock punching the air and looks like it's ready for a fight.

Chekhov: The team nods giving a determined look, they appear ready for battle after their healing.

passinglurker
2012-09-24, 06:33 PM
Chekhov: The team nods giving a determined look, they appear ready for battle after their healing. Chekhov continues towards the gym.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-24, 06:33 PM
Akane Yagami

Giving Hale a weary nod, she sat down in front of the two, putting her Dex away as it finished registering. Her eyes occasionally went to the cave though they mainly stayed focused on the two pink Pokemon. So ... tired and sore .... But she quickly shook her head no, forcing herself to remain awake. She'd let herself pass out once they both got back to the Pokemon Center. Keeping her eyes and ears alert to ensure no other extra company came over, she waited for Hale to return.

planswalker
2012-09-24, 06:39 PM
Sulu will take the slowpoke.

He'll then go out and buy himself a great ball and six basic balls.

Yukikage
2012-09-24, 07:49 PM
Kamina welcomes Psyduck to the team and heads out the pokemon center to get everyone healed.

still need info on eevee lvl and gender

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-24, 08:54 PM
"Right, Spike distract this guy," Hale commanded, scanning the new foe whilst darting for the rock.

Spike uses Fury Cutter. AC 4 physical, roll to hit until it misses.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Damage:
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Speed: 10
SDEF: 10
DEF: 6
HP: 28/38

Tsumeken
2012-09-25, 12:51 PM
Hale: As you rush towards the stone and other object the Mankey rushes at the Spike, taking quite a few hits as it growls and fights back. Swinging his leg he attempts to kick the insect.
Low Kick
[roll0]
[roll1]

Kamina+Sulu: You both arrive at the Pokecenter getting your Pokemon healed as you can see Chekhov heading for the gym.
(Eevee Female. lvl 5)

Chekhov: You arrive to see a man speaking with Yellow. He wears a black outfit and has a well groomed head of red hair. They both turn to you, Yellow waving. "Oh hey you're that boy from yesterday, welcome back." she walks over giving a slight bow, "The gym leader just got back last night, but I can still fight you if you want."

Akane: The Pokemon look around before the Jigglypuff rushes forward toward a bush before coming back and handing you a berry. (oran berry)

passinglurker
2012-09-25, 01:59 PM
Chekhov: You arrive to see a man speaking with Yellow. He wears a black outfit and has a well groomed head of red hair. They both turn to you, Yellow waving. "Oh hey you're that boy from yesterday, welcome back." she walks over giving a slight bow, "The gym leader just got back last night, but I can still fight you if you want." "I would be honored if you would accept my challenge again miss yellow" he returns the bow and then turns to the male nidoran "you ready demetri?" the nidoran yips in anticipation he is finally going to see some real action. yet Chekhov is curious about the man in black he didn't want to appear rude or ignorant so he thinks to him self ok chekhov think are there any gym leaders or famous people who have red hair or wear black?INT check if needed[roll0]

VirgoBushin
2012-09-25, 02:27 PM
Akane Yagami

Oh crap! For a few seconds, she thought she'd lost them .. but they came back thankfully. And ... with a berry? "Oh ... thank you." Smiling, she takes it and puts it away. "Hm... Hale's been taking longer than I was hoping really ...." She murmured, the desire to wait for him having lessening with every passing minute he remained in there. Too many what ifs ... many were not even slightly pleasant to think of, especially regarding caves like that. Finally standing up, she looked back to the two Pokemon. "You two don't have to follow but if you do, stay close behind me. Otherwise, remain beside each other okay? I'm going in." Re-straightening her braid, she entered the cave herself, checking out of the corner of her eye if either were following or not.

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-25, 02:43 PM
The blow connects but barely hurts Spike. Hale drops to one knee and throws a pokeball at the mankey before stooping and grabbing the two objects.

capture roll [roll0]

If capture roll fails, Spike uses Poison Sting. [roll1] AC 2, physical, Poison. (17-20 poisons)

damage: [roll2]

planswalker
2012-09-25, 05:04 PM
Sulu goes to watch the gym fight. Should prove interesting.

Yukikage
2012-09-25, 05:06 PM
Kamina goes to see the gym to see the gym battle.

Tsumeken
2012-09-25, 06:41 PM
Hale+Akane: As the ball flies hitting the surprised Mankey, the ball fights but ultimately calms down as he is caught. Akane walks in with the two pink Pokemon in tow as she sees the capture.(Mankey, M, lvl 17 exp 255)

Sulu+Kamina+Chekhov: Yellow moves to throw out her Pokemon as the others arrive to watch. "Alright,come on out Pidsk." A small brown pigeon like bird pops out and hops around a bit before stopping to look at the Nidoran.
[spd: 7]

Chekhov Knowledge check
You remember hearing a while back about a former thief named Silver now turned Gym Leader. Most info on him only contains his journeys as a trainer and his past is unknown but you can't thinkof anyone else.

passinglurker
2012-09-25, 06:49 PM
Chekhov scans the bird "Demetri burrow underground and focus your energy we will need to make every hit count" Demetri burrows down 2, forward 1, and pauses to focus and get into the right state of mind(Demetri's moves now crit on 17-20)

planswalker
2012-09-25, 06:57 PM
Sulu scans the bird, not really noticing or caring about the stranger.

Tsumeken
2012-09-25, 06:58 PM
The Pidgey looks down underground as it tries to figure out what to do. Yellow was confused as well, there was no way for the Pidgey to attack the Nidoran while it was underground. (skip)

passinglurker
2012-09-25, 07:06 PM
"Now is your chance Demetri use peck" the nidoran bursts from the ground and charges the bird with its hornmove: peck, flying
hit: [roll0] vs. 2 crits on 17+
damage: [roll1]
if crit: [roll2]

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-25, 07:37 PM
Hale examined the mysterious object before passing the two pokemon the moonstone: "Look, both of you can have one." He says soothingly, whilst Spike returns the newly captured pokemon to him.

Tsumeken
2012-09-25, 08:07 PM
The Pidgey is hit hard as the Nido erupts from the ground. it takes wing jumping before getting it's command. "Alright tackle attack!" the Pidgey comes in for a dive bomb.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Hale+Akane: The two Pokemon cheer happily now having their own stones as they dance about.

passinglurker
2012-09-25, 08:19 PM
Demetri handily dodges the attack

"your doing good keep at it Demitri. another peck" shouts Chekhovmove: peck
hit: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
if crit: [roll2]

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-25, 08:42 PM
Hale bends down next to the two pokemon. See you guys, you don't have to fight. He smiled at them encouragingly, before placing his last two pokeballs next to them: Fancy coming with me?

Tsumeken
2012-09-25, 08:52 PM
The pecking horn finishes the Pidgey as it falls to the ground before being recalled. "Good work Pidgesk, but it looks like we found a strategist amongst the new trainers." She walks over handing you a badge, "It was a good battle."
(720 xps and a trainer level, yay!)

Hale+Akane: The Clefairy touches a ball eagerly joining,the Jigglypuff however looks at the still wounded Akane and tugs at her worriedly looking with very large eyes staring up at her.
(Clerairy F, lvl 10)

VirgoBushin
2012-09-25, 08:56 PM
Akane Yagami

A soft sigh left Akane as she walked in time to see Hale finish up, noting another seemed to guarding the same type of stone. Smiling at the solution he gave them, she looked down upon feeling a tug. "...Hm?" Remembering the berry, she pulled it back out. "...You want me to have this now? Is that it? I'm ... fine really. I've had worse injuries; though as of late that was one of the more .... severe ones, admittingly."

passinglurker
2012-09-25, 09:08 PM
"thank you miss yellow" responds Chekhov bowing again. when out side he says to sulu and kamian "so how was your day so far you two? I'm guessing I was the last one to get a badge right?"

al'Lan Mandrag
2012-09-26, 04:35 AM
Hale smiled and pocketed the dropped Moonstone, before examining the object that he'd picked up with it, he also retrieved the unused pokeball.

(After Akane does whatever to capture the Jigglypuff)

Hale nods to her and smiles: "Head back to Viridian? Chekhov might have battled the leader by now, I don't know where the others got to."

(He'll then head back to Viridian)

passinglurker
2012-09-26, 11:01 AM
while Chekhov waits for the others to collect their thoughts he pulls out two of the papers he was writing on earlier both were covered in descriptions, schematics, and formulas with a da vinci style sketch of the finished product in the center. hmm which one to make first the scanner, or the launcher? he thinks to himself.

passinglurker
2012-09-26, 11:03 AM
hidden post bump

planswalker
2012-09-26, 11:05 AM
Sulu will walk over to Chekov to congratulate him. "Good work, friend. Where to from here?"

passinglurker
2012-09-26, 11:15 AM
"well if we all have badges I don't see much point in sticking around here I heard from a nice lady that there is a contest hall in the next town I figured that would be a safe place to train the togepi miss yellow gave me. but there is something I want to take care of first I'm trying to figure out if it would be more useful to make a cybernetically enhanced pokeball deployment and capture system, or a real time estimated vital sign sensor array?" he bit his tongue as he realized he was speaking technical jargon "err.. I mean a pokeball cannon, or a health scanner?"

planswalker
2012-09-26, 11:23 AM
"Well, how's your throwing arm versus how thorough are your pokemon medical skills?"

passinglurker
2012-09-26, 11:29 AM
"my throwing arm is only marginally better than the average trainer by my measurements though this launcher should in theory make me roughly 7 times more effective but it isn't an exact science. my medical skills are primarily limited to maintaining Soyuz's prosthetic this scanner would allow me to for example examine groups of wilds for those that are already injured making recruitment a bit easier."

planswalker
2012-09-26, 11:40 AM
"Sounds to me like, while not GREAT, your throwing arm is comparatively more useful than your medical knowledge of monitoring pokemon health. I'd recommend you go for the health scanner."

Yukikage
2012-09-26, 12:39 PM
Kamina walks over chekov. Grats dude. Kamina hears all the techno mumbo jumbo and gets confused. A whadda what cannon?

passinglurker
2012-09-26, 02:22 PM
Chekhov responds to sulu "seems logical... yes I think your right and the information collected from the scanner should also help me calibrate the pokeball launcher's targeting when I get around to it. so I'll go with making a scanner" Chekhov then goes over what he needs in his head alright electro-static feed back from the pokeradar coupled with the Dex's microphone should cover heart-rate, I can use the camera to identify obvious wounds and some symptoms of illness then I can use passive psionic and aural receivers to finish painting the picture. shame that even with a dedicated computer module I wouldn't be able intercept any communication or thoughts only living brains can do that, but I should be able to get them to pick up strong feelings of pain and distress with a bit of calibration. and I can feed this all to my dex display. hmm... but what if I want to use both hands? eyepiece? no that would look dorky... I got it! riding goggles, I'm tired of getting bugs in my eye's when I ride Soyuz any way, and I'll use the same kind of motion sensors in my gloves to make an augmented reality display built into the goggles, that should all set me back... carry the 3... ^1250 ouch! good thing I let that nice lady pay me "well then I'm going to hit the poke'verthing mart and pick up some supplies you guys can follow if you want but if we are going to split again..." he calls out a Meowth wearing a pink bow "meet Sasha she agreed to come with me earlier today" is it to late to roll for pickup? I already had at least one encounter today(2 if that settling a fight thing counts) and the raws don't say it has to be a fight the mon fought in.

rolling for pickup just in case [roll0]

planswalker
2012-09-26, 02:44 PM
Sulu says, "I think I'm going to head to Viridian Forest, train up some of my pokemon. Perhaps find a few new friends while I'm at it." as he scans the meowth.

That concluded, he sends out Reginald from his pokeball, hops on his back and hangs onto his neck as the giant bug flies off for Viridian Forest.