PDA

View Full Version : DuskBlade/Bloodstorm

silverwolfer
2012-09-17, 05:20 PM
So I won't give levels,as I know the argument is Duskblade 13, then whatever you want to go from there.

From that, let us take a level of warblade plop in two levels of Bloodstorm, now we have an issue ...

Take more levels of Duskblade, or take the extra levels of warblade for uncanny dodge?

HunterOfJello
2012-09-17, 07:10 PM
If you just want Uncanny Dodge buy a Lesser Schema of Primal Instinct and Lesser Schema of Primal Hunter. Then, BAM! you have uncanny dodge.

The real question is maneuvers vs. throwing stuff vs. spellses

hex0
2012-09-17, 07:43 PM
Take more levels of Duskblade, or take the extra levels of warblade for uncanny dodge?

Why not take the extra levels of Bloodstorm Blade? There are other options, like Jade Phoenix Mage, Wizard or Suel Arcanamach+Abjurant Champion, dip Spellthief/Trapsmith/Swiftblade, Ur-Priest, Trickster Spellthief. Swashbuckler 3, isn't bad if you are TWF as well. I wouldn't take much more Warblade though. After getting full-channel your priority should be to get more/better touch spells to channel because you don't get many more after Duskblade 13.

Kaje
2012-09-18, 07:29 AM
Unless you're doing something strange (have a returning weapon, throwing a bunch of daggers with quickdraw, or throwing arrows or something) you'll probably need an extra two levels of bloodstorm blade to pull of your full attacks.

Darrin
2012-09-18, 07:53 AM
Unless you're doing something strange (have a returning weapon, throwing a bunch of daggers with quickdraw, or throwing arrows or something) you'll probably need an extra two levels of bloodstorm blade to pull of your full attacks.

That would be my advice, stick with Bloodstorm Blade up through 4 to get Lightning Ricochet. Duskblade 13/Warblade 1/Bloodstorm Blade 4, and for the last two levels... more touch spells... hmm. Prestige Bard, maybe?

A_S
2012-09-18, 11:57 AM
Two levels of Suel Arcanamach would get you a couple level 1 and 2 Sorc/Wiz spells, which might help fill out some glaring weaknesses in the Duskblade spell list. Be very easy to qualify for, too (pretty much just Iron Will and some skill ranks, since Duskblade gets Combat Casting and the proficiencies on its own). You'd miss out on a BAB, though.

One level of Bard, Prestige Bard, or Warrior Skald (from Races of Faerun) would let you get into Sublime Chord for 4th and 5th level spells at level 20. That opens up some great options, including Greater Mirror Image, Ruin Delver's Fortune (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fw/20041022a), Night's Caress (from Libris Mortis), Celerity, and Greater Blink.

thorgrim29
2012-09-18, 11:59 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't arcane channel spells you don't get from duskblade levels.

A_S
2012-09-18, 12:02 PM
The relevant text in the Duskblade class feature says "any touch spell you know." By RAW, doesn't even have to be arcane.

Darrin
2012-09-18, 12:05 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't arcane channel spells you don't get from duskblade levels.

Arcane Channeling can be used with "any touch spell you know". It doesn't specify Duskblade spells, nor does it even specify arcane/divine.

thorgrim29
2012-09-18, 12:22 PM
huh... interesting

Talionis
2012-09-18, 02:02 PM
I would be another vote for Prestige Bard, so long as your DM rules that it adds a significant amount of spells to your list.

Another option is Chameleon. It has a super quick progression that can add any spell level six or lower. Once you get to have two Foci at a time, you can have all your Divine and Arcane spells available at once.

Divine Spells have some great Touch attacks too.

A_S
2012-09-18, 02:14 PM
Why would Prestige Bard add spells to your list? Did I miss something? Doesn't it just progress casting?

hex0
2012-09-18, 02:16 PM
Divine Spells have some great Touch attacks too.

Shouldn't have any problem qualifying for Ur-Priest, either.

But, yeah if you aren't doing bloodstorm blade, I'd also suggest Duskblade 13/Prestige Bard 1/Sublime Chord 1/Abjurant Champion 5. Something like that.

hex0
2012-09-18, 02:20 PM
Why would Prestige Bard add spells to your list? Did I miss something? Doesn't it just progress casting?

SRD: Unique Spells
The bard, paladin, and ranger spell lists contain a number of spells that don't appear on other classes' spell lists. In general, any character who enters one of these prestige classes should gain access to spells unique to that class's spell list, at the same levels indicated for the standard class. At the game master's discretion, spells unique to that class's spell list found in other books may also be available, but on a case by case basis. The game master may require such spells to be researched or learned specifically by the character, rather than simply making them freely available.

I mean, it is a 'should'. But usually that's what DMs do.

A_S
2012-09-18, 02:49 PM
Derp, missed that. Thanks.

hex0
2012-09-18, 03:24 PM
Derp, missed that. Thanks.

NP. Prestige Paladin gets a few Cleric spells at earlier spell levels, as do Rangers as to Druids. Plus, you get Hunter's Eye. :smallbiggrin: