PDA

View Full Version : Throughout the Five Regions (Pokemon PBP)

Lix Lorn
2012-09-17, 05:54 PM
In the world of pokemon, new adventures happen every day.
Some end on a championship podium, in badges, ribbons, awards, or the plaque of a champion.
Some end in blood and pain, and the victory of right over wrong.
Some end after dealing with demons and monsters, being beyond the ken of civilisation.
Some deal only with what is known and understood.

None is greater than the others. All they share, is that every day is a beginning.

OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254240)

{table=head]Active Players|Character Name|Brief Summary
Tacky|Gerald (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13913699&postcount=19)|Amoral Petty Thief
Dragnar|Derik (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13913730&postcount=20)|Charismatic Conman[/table]

DrakeRaids
2012-09-19, 07:53 PM
Cianwood City

Cianwood was pretty today, the sun shined brightly on the small, rustic island town, waves lapping warmly on the shore. Fiona, however, was not enjoying the beach at the moment, rather her eyes where focused on the cities Gym, taking deep breaths over and over, obviously a little nervous. Fiona was a fairly pretty girl, when you looked at her, but the sad truth was that it was very easy to simply look through here. She had no poise, no force. Her eyes shifted up and down to fast, and her dark hair covered one of her eyes. Likewise, she was showing almost no skin covered in heavy clothes which hidden any curves that she might have.

Behind her, a small flock of unown drifted back and forth, just high enough that they didn't cause her to much distress, but not so far that they couldn't come down to her in a moments notice. That was part of her anxiousness, the unowns where particularly active today, and Agraya hadn't seen fit to take action yet, and was relaxing idly in her pokeball while Fiona tried to control and hide her distress. Niner on the other hand, was cuddling Fiona, held tightly in her arms, he nuzzled her, keeping her nerves down as she walked steadily closer to the gym. She knew it was a fighting Gym, and she should have an advantage but... Well...

"Maybe we should go train some more." Fiona muttered, glancing back at the surf. She was tempted to open a doorway then and there and just go back and work up some more strength. She felt good when she was training, pushing herself, and pushing her pokemon, not having to think as much as simply rely on instinct. When she did that she was rarely afraid. Its why she liked pokemon battling so much, it helped her find a peace and confidence she often lacked in everyday life. If only she could actually bring herself to get to the battle. "What do you all think? Go train? There's a cave nearby. That seems like I good idea. We should train."

Dragnar
2012-09-19, 09:39 PM
Cianwood City
Derik on the other hand was quite enjoying the beach. If in an unbearably hard-working manor to all appearances... He lounged nearby, a robotic pokemon floating just before him with its head opened up along a seam to reveal a powerful computer that he was tinkering with. The young engineer never really seemed to really take a break, always fiddling with one new bit of technology or another when he had a chance... Though then again, with how frivolous most of his inventions were, maybe it was relaxing for him.

"You worry too much Fiona." He didn't even look up as he spoke, a few small viewscreens popping out of the complicated machinery embedded in his left sleeve. "You walk in, challenge the local leader, and have a nice fight. And if you lose, you take a break and practice some." Derik's tone was joking, a light smile playing across his face as he spoke. Really, the girl was way too nervous about... Well, most things. Took it entirely too seriously, instead of just enjoying her little challenge. "Really, you're at the beach, and all you can think about is climbing around in some wet cave for hours on end?"

Of course, he wasn't exactly just having fun with hie toys either. Those four viewscreens each showed different pictures of the local gym, taken from a number of angles when they first arrived in the city. The computer showed a slowly forming map of the interior, relayed from the invisible and intangible Rotom currently gliding through the building's wiring. After all, only an idiot would go into a place like that blind, especially with pokemon that frankly didn't get a lot of practice fighting nowadays.

Fredaintdead
2012-09-20, 04:53 AM
Cianwood City
Thomas breathed slowly, almost completely still in his spot on the beach. Locked in meditation as a small Swinub bounced up and down beside him.
"Calm down Bronze. Just relax."
The small pig pokemon ceased bouncing, looking at Thomas quizzically.
"Don't look at me like that. You know what I mean."
Bronze jumps straight at Thomas, knocking him over and licking his face.
"Okay. Clearly someone wants attention. Prideful little sot."
He ruffles the tiny Pokemon's fur and laughs heartily.

Noble Savant
2012-09-22, 06:17 PM
At that moment, a large splash was heard, and a figure rose from the water, heaving himself up to the sand a bit, leaving behind a trail of water. Ridley began to wring out his sopping wet suit, though he didn't seem at all discomforted, he a had a wide, slightly unfocused smile on his face. In the shallows behind him, his Milotic lifted her head from the water, cooing to draw his attention. Noticing the other humans, she seemed to shift, drawing herself up, preening and showing off.

"Hum... A splendid job my dear, a splendid job." He said, absently patting the large pokemon. "The sea is quite a wondrous locale, I can see why you do enjoy it so much. A shame about the need for air, don't you think? A terrible shame." Ridley grinned cheerily. His expensive clothes showed no signs of beginning to dry. "Terrible whirlpools as well. Simply dreadful. But heartening as well! I can see why they call the town as they do." He gave an energetic little twirl, trying to spray away the water.

"Ah, beach goers!" He said, waving at the small party cheerily. "Not one of you felt the need for a nice swim then? Seems almost a waste of a lovely beach!"

Fredaintdead
2012-09-23, 06:09 AM
"Bronze doesn't deal too well with water to be honest."
Thomas pats the little Swinub on the head.
"But I think Iron is out there somewhere."
He stands up, and the little pig pokemon bounces happily.
"Thomas Evalian. Retired Boxer and Pokemon Trainer. Pleasure to meet you all.

DrakeRaids
2012-09-26, 08:24 PM
Cianwood City: Beach

Oh no. New people. New people everywhere!

Fiona let out a small squeak and immediately moved behind Derik, not saying anything to the two new people who had arrived, just watching them. Fiona didn't do well with surprises. Or new people. That was part of the reason she'd gone on this whole thing, she was trying to make herself more outgoing. Less scared and shy. It was a work in progress though, and she was improving. Gradually she moved out from behind Derik and towards the two, the Unown above her buzzing around in their strange tongue, and sending out small purple sparks that tinted the sky above her.

"Um. Hi." She said, her voice audible, but just barely. "I'm, Fiona. Hi." She said again, shifting a little awkwardly. Where was Agyara?! She always knew how to meet new people. Niner nuzzled her again to try and calm her down a little but, and it worked. The Eevee then gave the other trainers a cheerful expression, that was also slightly apologetic. "We're here to challenge the Gym. I'm a pokemon trainer." She added, just a little louder,.

Noble Savant
2012-09-29, 03:30 PM
"A Gym? Really? Over here?" Ridley looked flummoxed for a moment, and then Milotic nudged him again, cooing. "Oh, really? All the way to Cianwood? My word." He looked around at the beach, smiling cheerily. "Yes, it does look like it. In any case, hello, my name is Ridley!" He seemed to be drying off finally, and it was very clear that his fine clothes certainly weren't meant for swimming in.

Dragnar
2012-10-01, 03:03 PM
Derik held back a laugh at the way Fiona cowered behind him so quickly at the appearance of a few new people. Always so skittish... Ah well, he was sure she'd get over it eventually. Hopefully in a manner that didn't upset that swarm of unown she kept with her, since who knows what that might do. For now, the screens and readouts on the complex machinery embedded in his sleeve folded back up and out of sight as she gave the newcomers a quick wave.

"Well, she's here for the gym challenge at least. I'm selling... A new generation of toys, would be the shortest explanation." With the press of a few buttons a blue cube popped out of his bag, crackling for a moment before unfolding into an almost perfect (if small) replica of a Marill, waddling around realistically.

Fredaintdead
2012-10-02, 08:53 AM
Thomas just booms with laughter.
"Well, this gym challenge does sound like a good idea. It's been a while since me and my little buddies have had a good fight."
Thomas whistles loudly, and a Poliwhirl and a Combusken come running towards him.
"Iron, Mercury, looks like we've got a new goal. See that big gym over there?"
The two Pokemon nod.
"We're gonna beat it."
Both Pokemon give their best approximation of a thumbs up.
"Glad to see you're both up to it. Well boys and girls, looks like you've got your very own boxer tagging along with you now."

DrakeRaids
2012-10-06, 11:31 PM
Well this was unexpected.

"Um, welcome to our group?" The supposed Ace Battler Fiona stood there awkwardly for a few moments, giving all of them weak smiles as she tried to take stock of them. They should fight. "If any of your are interested, maybe we could all try the gym together?" Yes. That would go better. Going into the Gym with friends beside her might make this whole thing easier.

Fredaintdead
2012-10-07, 05:19 AM
"Sounds like a plan."
Thomas beams a happy grin, and recalls his Pokemon into their respective balls.

Noble Savant
2012-10-08, 06:56 AM
Ridley tilted his head, looking quite bewildered. "Challenging the gym? Really? It's been so long since I had a proper league battle..." He smiled, rubbing his chin and thinking deeply. Abruptly, he turned towards the sea. "You know, there are legendary pokemon out there. Here in particular, there used to be one. He may or may not still haunt these shores, but the residue of his presence is unmistakable." He made a vague gesture with his hands over the ocean. "The lord of storms and darkened depths. A being so mighty that he hides himself, to save the world from his very presence" He smiles wistfully, shaking his head. "But then, I suppose that finding him would be quite dangerous indeed. Such things tend to be." He shrugs, turning back to Fiona. "It would be interesting to accompany you to your match. I do no believe gym leaders generally take on more than one person at a time, so I'll just have to watch."

Tackyhillbillu
2012-10-13, 02:54 PM
Gerald was asleep. He and his Snorlax were sitting out near the entrance to the Beach, his hat out in front of him, an attempt to encourage passerbyers to toss him some money. Gerald didn't like Islands. One could get caught on them to easy. He'd had to flee Olivine in a boat last time, but his cleverness had managed to him stuck.

"SNRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK!"

He'd tried to beg for some money using Emolga. The Flying Rat was pretty effective, but it had tired out. Gerald had thought his Snorlax doing tricks might get the same reaction...

Unfortunately, the only trick it knew was sleep. AND IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO WAKE UP!

Gerald honestly didn't feel like messing with it, and just went to sleep, using its massive belly as a pillow.

"SNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNRK."

DrakeRaids
2012-10-18, 05:04 PM
Fiona had crept over to the gym while they where talking, quietly psyching herself up and muttering under her breath as she approached, she was trying to be quiet but it was just barely audible. "I can do this. I'm the best. I can do this. I can win. I have got this. I can win. I can do this..." Reaching the Gym door she pushed it open with her foot and sneaked a look inside.

Lix Lorn
2012-10-18, 05:16 PM
The gym looks like some odd mix between a swimming pool and a gym. It is inhabited primarily by well muscled, topless men, but the occasional lithe woman in a swimsuit is among them.

A man in sunglasses is casually leaning against a pillar, talking to one of the women. He grins, and is promptly punched in the chest.

While bending over in agony, he spots Fiona! He beckons her over, as he pulls him self back up and smoothes his shirt.

Dragnar
2012-10-18, 06:22 PM
Finally! A grin that was entirely too wide flickered over Derik's face as Fiona headed off to the gym. He hit a single button on his pokebot-computer's keyboard, causing the entire screen to be replaced by a flashing message for a moment before it folded back up, rose into the air, and followed after the other trainer: "SHOWTIME"

Preparations complete, time to get to work. The Marril-bot he'd released moments ago jumped up onto his shoulder with a snap of Derik's fingers, as in the rear of the gym a trio of pokeballs burst open all on their own. Rotom had hopefully finished tracking down the badges by now, tracking them down through the Gym's wiring. All that was left was for the more tangible mons' to take one. Derik sighed, feeling the anticipation begin to build as he followed along into the Gym with Fiona and his computer. "Don't be so nervous Fiona, you'll do fine."

Meanwhile, an Aipom, a Ditto, a Rotom, and an Abra got to work out behind the gym. Remote-controlled pokeballs triggered the moment Derik entered that command, the plan rehearsed many times already: The Ditto, Warric, would take the gym leader's form, copied from a picture obtained beforehand. Hans, the Aipom, would pick every lock they ran across (that Rotom hadn't bypassed electronically anyway). And the Abra? Roy was both the emergency backup plan, and the grand finale, but we'll get to that later...

Fredaintdead
2012-10-19, 07:49 AM
"Well then, if there's gonna be a good ol' fashioned fight, then I might as well have a look see."
And with that, Thomas followed Fiona towards the gym.
"You can do it lass. I have absolute faith in you." he tells her with a smile.

DrakeRaids
2012-10-29, 10:04 PM
Fiona looked a little embarrassed at having been caught trying to psych herself up, but nods anyway, going first to the man who had gestured her over first. He might be able to tell her something useful, right? She hoped so at least. The upcoming battle was already calming her. In a fight everything was straight forward, she just had to get there.

Lix Lorn
2012-11-15, 10:40 PM
Derik's Scheme
The plan begins perfectly, as Warric's transformation occurs and the group moves into the gym. (Rotom)'s map seems to be working well, but they soon come to a tightly locked door. It might take a while.

Fiona's Challenge
"Mm... ah. Sorry you had to see that." he grins, and stands properly upright. "I'm the representative for the Gui foundation! We help trainers out at gyms with some advice, and try to make their lives easier for them. Do you have an account with the Foundation already? They're free, and only take a few moments to set up."

Fredaintdead
2012-11-16, 04:50 PM
"Nice ta meetcha sir." Thomas says as he extends a hand for the Gym Gui to shake. Thomas Evalian.

Lix Lorn
2012-11-16, 07:18 PM
He gives a friendly smile and shakes the offered hand. "You too! Are you taking the challenge as well?"

Incidentally, you're free to already have an account if you like, for anyone with 1+ badges already.

Dragnar
2012-11-17, 02:38 AM
Derik watched his Pokemon go to work through a small monitor in his sleeve, keeping it hidden out of sight apart from a few quick glances to be sure nothing had gone wrong. Up to Hans now... Hopefully he'd finish before anyone came by, but worst case Warrik could stall by claiming to have lost his keys... And of course, the Gym Leader himself would be distracted by the challengers. It was the perfect setup, all he had to do now was wait.

Fredaintdead
2012-11-17, 05:58 AM
"I may be considerin' it. Been a while since me and my buddies have stepped into the ring. We could use the workout I reckon. As it stands for now though I'm just the moral support."

DrakeRaids
2012-11-28, 06:25 PM
"I do not have an account." She said solidly, seeming to have gotten a hold of herself. "Please, can you tell me more? I may be willing to make one."

Lix Lorn
2012-12-06, 07:29 PM
"I sure can." he nods. "If you agree, you'll be assigned a personal Gui to help you out. We can do things like advise on the leader's favoured types, tactics and pokemon, or we can just tell you what places around the town are worth visiting. If you can't find somewhere to sleep, we're happy to show you the centre, the mart, or anything."

It's clearly a rehearsed speech, but there's a touch of honesty that warms the delivery, and it sounds like he means it.

Meanwhile, in the back of the gym, the door clicks open, revealing a long corridor with two doors. Rotom gestures for the further of the pair.

Noble Savant
2013-01-03, 04:44 PM
Ridley frowned, watching the unfolding scene. It was all so... Regular. Boring. Expected. Boring. And also boring. He remembered why he spent his time elsewhere, these days. The world was so vast, and interesting! Pokemon battles for fun. When they weren't regulated and bogged down with boring things. He shrugged, leaning back, taking a seat on thin air, suspending himself with his mind.

Maybe he should head back to the ocean. See if he could track down something really interesting. Even if he didn't find his normal target. The bottom of the sea always had something to see!

But maybe he shouldn't leave the girl alone. His dear friend, had Togekiss never liked his underwater adventures anyway. Twirling the pokeball in hand, he released Togekiss into the world. "My friend. You want to keep an eye on a certain girl for me while I go exploring? Of course you do! Aerial surveillance. Very healthy, very good practice. Anything happens, try and do things. Send me a skyward message, maybe. I'll pick you up later. Toodles!"

And with that, the young man, perfectly happy, made his way back towards the beach. There was a world to see. In particular, a sea to see. He chuckled quietly at his own word play.