PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Special

Reibello
2012-09-17, 06:34 PM
Good evening (or other part of the day if you're not in my time zone),

I've been struck with a terrible plan. I was planning out a one-off game of D&D for my gaming group, when I thought of how I would make the Headless Horseman as a block of D&D stats. Then I got to thinking, that I should run a Halloween Special, as I ran a (imo) fairly entertaining Christmas Special a couple years back. I've sat on the thought for a couple days, and haven't come up with anything stellar, so I'm hoping that some one here will be kind enough to grace me with an amusing / awesome / other positive adjective idea that I can springboard off of.

Much thanks. Other systems are fair game for my group (Mage, Scion, 7th Sea) 7th Sea is probably the favorite of the bunch, but I've never ran a game of it. That being said, doesn't have to be strictly 3.5, I just enjoy it greatly. Thanks again. Actually done typing this now.

Poop_Symphony
2012-09-18, 10:29 PM
If you want to stick with 3.5 Heroes of Horror can be a pretty helpful book. A system that works really well for halloween one shoots is Cthulhu Dark http://www.thievesoftime.com/news/cthulhu-dark/ . Its super easy to learn (the rules take up two pages) and it handles horror and tension really well.

I ran a pretty fun adventure last year where the players were investigating the disappearance of their professor that was basically researching a group of slendermen. Shortly afterward the PCs find themselves being studied by the slendermen instead.

navar100
2012-09-19, 12:25 PM
Use a deathknight.

If you'd like to have tragic irony where the headless horseman is actually a good guy, use a paladin.

Maybe a deathknight who used to be a paladin where if the party finds his real head they uncover a Truth that exonerates the paladin and puts his soul to rest.

Dr.Epic
2012-09-19, 03:41 PM
Lots of zombies!