PDA

View Full Version : creative uses for spell?

morkendi
2012-09-17, 09:47 PM
I did 2 things in the game tonight that worked out well. Big fight out doors. The enemy realizes I am a wizard and yells get the caster. Next round, I inviso and move. Next I levitate up 30 feet. Next, sonurus hum. Next silent image around me of the sky. No one can interact with it cause I am 30 feat up allowing me to just control the field with all kinds of spells. Well, fight is many rounds, and i am getting low on spells. Looking at my scrolls, i got an idea. I cast fly and go up to 60 feet. Now I proceed to cast my mount spells and drop horses from the sky targeting hexes with mobs in them. Spell doesn't say you must be on the ground

TuggyNE
2012-09-17, 10:14 PM
I did 2 things in the game tonight that worked out well. Big fight out doors. The enemy realizes I am a wizard and yells get the caster. Next round, I inviso and move. Next I levitate up 30 feet. Next, sonurus hum. Next silent image around me of the sky. No one can interact with it cause I am 30 feat up allowing me to just control the field with all kinds of spells. Well, fight is many rounds, and i am getting low on spells. Looking at my scrolls, i got an idea. I cast fly and go up to 60 feet. Now I proceed to cast my mount spells and drop horses from the sky targeting hexes with mobs in them. Spell doesn't say you must be on the ground

Intriguing, but I unfortunately see two problems with this.

Silent image, a figment, is unable to hide what's already present in that way ("Figments cannot make something seem to be something else." (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#figment), from the spell subschool description)
Mount, as a Conjuration (summoning) spell, actually does specify that you must summon onto a space that can support the mount ("A creature or object brought into being or transported to your location by a conjuration spell cannot appear inside another creature or object, nor can it appear floating in an empty space. It must arrive in an open location on a surface capable of supporting it." (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#conjuration), from the spell school description)

Rejoice in your victory, but be aware that it wasn't by RAW, and might not work the next time. :smallwink: