PDA

View Full Version : Evil Spirit from Rokugan (Mutiverse to Barovia players stay out)

Jeff the Green
2012-09-17, 11:20 PM
My players should stay out of this thread.

I'm bringing in a new character to my PBP Ravenloft game soon. The new character is a Crab clan shugenja from Rokugan and has been brought here by [evil force name redacted]. Normally, I'd make her make an initial save vs. taint or gain a point of depravity, like I did all the other characters when they came to Raveloft, but she's immune. So instead I'm going to have something hitchhike with her. :smallamused:

The problem is that I'm feeling uninspired looking through Oriental Adventures. It needs to be an encounter suitable for six characters (a goliath paladin of freedom with a winter wolf mount, a drow swift hunter, an aasimar shadowcaster (with the semi-official fix), a human chronomancer (psionic buffer/controller), a catfolk knight/swordsage, and an aasmiar water shugenja) and an NPC paladin. All of them except the drow are level 6, with a free +1 LA, making their effective party level 8.5, and it should be tough but not terribly risky. It will probably take place either in a forest or a plain.

Any ideas?

Occasional Sage
2012-09-17, 11:35 PM
I've always been partial to the bog hag (http://l5r.wikia.com/wiki/Bog_Hag). They're very Raveloft-y in feel (become a beautiful woman by skinning and wearing her anyone?) and give a good split between RP and combat threat.

ThiagoMartell
2012-09-17, 11:54 PM
The various shadowland oni are the most iconic Rokugan monsters. If you want a Rokugan feel, I'd go with them.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-09-18, 01:13 AM
Maneseru no Oni from creatures of rokugan.

Have them fight themselves.