PDA

View Full Version : Adventuring school

Doomboy911
2012-09-18, 09:02 AM
Finally, it was the day. After many letters, (and some practice in the case of the girls) you where heading to 'Streia, the boys boarding school and much touted 'Academy of Adventure. Now you would finally receive the training you deserved.

Travelling by Carriage with your stuff separated from you, you arrive outside of the castle that is the school. The walls rise in seamless and almost shinny granite, with twin towers marking the edges of the front wall, and a large tower seeming further back, like it's embedded in the back wall of the castle, standing to a inspiring height.

Piling out and milling around amongst other would-be-students (for there was one last test, this you knew), mist starts to form around the ground, clinging to feet.
You had heard that the headmaster was one for the theatrics.

Before you can get to your luggage, a pillar of mist forms and disperses, a humanoid form coalescing.

"Welcome those who dare walk the paths of heroism a path of great risks and rewards! Where destiny itself is fought and beaten!"A figure clad in a trench coat two sizes to big and a hat that shades his face raises his hands, and out of the fading light of the blue sky, a single lightning bolt struck the ground somewhere near you, dispersing a circle of mist. Off on high, it sounded like a dragon roared, but nothing was visible.

Then suddenly the voice became normal, not so booming, disillusioned voice.
The Headmaster.

"Well, class is in session for your first test, this will be watched. The Keys to the Luggage Carriages, which I have-"
He throws the keys up, and a previously unseen bird grabs it as it flies by.
"-are being taken away and you will be able to find a single-use master key with the key to your dorms in the dungeons to your left, some members of the 'Order' curriculum will arrive soon to guide you to them. For now I suggest that you talk amongst yourselves and organise yourselves into groups.... Five is a good size... You might want to start this soon; I've been told unnatural rain is the forecast."

The man turns, and without any dramatic flair whatsoever, begins to walk away, fading out of view.

jojolagger
2012-09-18, 01:25 PM
During the speech, Tom is standing calm but alert, as someone who has been warned of the introduction is likely to be. While some of his gear is still in the luggage carriage, he has been well equiped by the adventuring guild that sponsored his education here.
However, when the headmaster appears, Tom's eyes begin glowing, and tom appears to be waiting. Then, when the bird appears, Tom leaps up at it, attempting grab the key away from it with a flurry of hands.
Charge via pounce, 6 disarm attempts
I'm assuming the bird is tiny. I get +4 per size category if it is smaller, -4 per category if it is larger.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
Each check provokes an AoO, but I doubt the bird has combat reflexes to take advantage of multiple AoO, or the ability to hit and damage me sufficiently to make my disarm attempt auto-fail.
I'll need the bird to make opposed attack rolls against each disarm attempt.

Doomboy911
2012-09-18, 02:16 PM
your hand passes through the bird and the keys as though they aren't there. ''I like your pnash kid but focus on the other task at hand and learn the first lesson in everything there is a lesson that can be learned. When you face difficulties in life try to find what you can learn from it it's a philosophy and an assigment for you all''

Soliloquy
2012-09-18, 05:57 PM
"Tom," Morbon asks quietly, "what in the Name did you want from that?"
"Why she thought I would need a bodyguard I do not know. It's not like anything dangerous is going to happen, dramatic tension aside."

OMG PONIES
2012-09-18, 08:45 PM
Alistair Tenpenny

A small, scrawny boy emerges from the carriage, and his skin is so pale it seems this might be the first sunlight to ever hit it. "No, no," he says without looking up from the thick grimoire he's studying, "I said parsley, not paisley," he scolds an unseen listener. He barely bats an eyelash at the headmaster's introduction, entrenched as he is in his reading. "Psh," he chides Tom, "haven't you ever seen a proper application of Project Image? Sorry, sorry...'manners matter,'" he reminds himself of his mother's words. "My mum told me to be polite."

He finally closes the book, and offers his hand to Tom for a limp shake. "I'm Alistair Tenpenny, and I'm in Advanced Magics class even though I'm only a first year. Guess you're some kinda warrior, huh Mister? You seem mighty strong." The boy laughs again and gives Tom a sideways look, as if he had just heard a joke about the multi-armed man. "No, no," he scolds his invisible companion once more, "that's not very nice."

[roll0] to identify the illusion spell. I'll edit the post if it's not Project Image.

Nightpenguin
2012-09-18, 09:10 PM
A small elf emerges from somewhere in the shadows, looking slightly startled and out of place. He looks keenly at the spot where the bird had disappeared, then turns to examine his classmates, frowning. "Um... hello. I just couldn't help overhearing your conversation and I thought... a projected image is an illusion, so it couldn't hold the keys, right?" (If anyone asks: "Oh, sorry. My name is Irian.")

[roll0] also to identify the illusion. (Is there a bonus for being an illusionist?)

jojolagger
2012-09-18, 09:38 PM
"Strong? Yeah." says Tom, lifting the carriage he arrived in over his head one-handed, to demonstrate, then carefully puts it back down. "And I think he still has the key. He is leaving, just as he said the keys are. Do you think he'll be responsible for the unnatural rain he mentioned?"

Electrobolt
2012-09-18, 09:42 PM
As he exited the vehicle he was riding in, James looked around at the group. As he stretched his arms out from the trip, he joined up before listening to the headmaster speak. *So we're being tested right away, huh?* he mused, after the speech was done. *And it involves a dungeon, too? Sounds like we might be getting tested on our strengths and combat powers... But I wonder if that even is what we're going to be tested on...*

Looking at Tom as he attempted to pounce on the bird, yet failing as the bird was merely an illusion, he couldn't help but chuckle. Shaking his head, he just wore a calm expression on his face, a smile showing as well. "Good to meet you all. The name's James."

Soliloquy
2012-09-18, 10:32 PM
"My names Morbon, (at Irian) and you?"

"I hope it doesn't rain too much. I get sick rather often."

OMG PONIES
2012-09-20, 08:02 AM
"Um... hello. I just couldn't help overhearing your conversation and I thought... a projected image is an illusion, so it couldn't hold the keys, right?"

Alistair nods his head at the question and raises a finger to the sky as if to interject. "Your hypothesis is correct," he asserts, "if based on the assumption that the keys themselves are real. If however, all of it is merely an image--the headmaster inclusive--he could still be sitting in his office. Now, usually, a projected image cannot cast spells...except for illusions. So the illusion of the headmaster could have created the illusion of the bird, and that's the trick to any solid illusion: layers. One illusion can be disbelieved, but if one must peer through multiple deceptions, even if they are successful they are left wondering. Fascinating stuff, really."

The young boy looks to Irian and asks, "Are you in Advanced Magics, too? You don't look strong enough to be in Mister Tom's classes." Alistair's attention is suddenly caught by something nobody else sees or hears, and he shakes his head vehemently. "No, no," he tells the phantom speaker, "that's not what I meant to imply in the slightest. He seems plenty smart."

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-09-20, 10:16 AM
As all the commotion is going on Katherine slips out of the carriage she was riding in and moves to the back of the crowd of boys. As the display of the headmaster finishes the talks and whispers of the crowd grow loud. "Well, better try to fit in than just stand here like an awkward mute."

Moving to the group around the boy who jumped after the key. "Well nobody can blame you for trying, Tom was it?" she said pausing and cocking her head. "I'm sorry, where are my manners?" Holding out her hand, "Hi, I'm Carter."

Nightpenguin
2012-09-20, 05:09 PM
"Are you in Advanced Magics, too? You don't look strong enough to be in Mister Tom's classes."

"Um... I don't know. I don't have very much experience with magic, just some old spellbooks that I..." Irian trails off and looks down at her feet, embarrassed.

Well, to stay consistent with Ryu_Bonkosi, I'll be referring to Irian as female when in the third person.

OMG PONIES
2012-09-21, 06:33 AM
"Hi Carter," Alistair bubbles cheerfully, "my name's Alistair, and I'm in Advanced Magics. Are you in that class, too? I'm trying to find out who else is in advanced classes because my mum told me to make friends with at least one person. I told her I have plenty of friends, but she said summons don't count and then she told my Da..." The boy continues prattling on, clearly unused to normal conversation but overcome by the excitement of the first day.

Soliloquy
2012-09-21, 05:48 PM
"Book magic eh? More experience than me no doubt." he says with a chuckle.
He frowns slightly "I don't recall a course list though. I hope the 'rents didn't put me in anything crazy this time.

His father a bard and his mother a druid, he is often put in odd classes. He left his old "school" after being nearly killed by a Leopard in a one on one battle.

Can someone give me a class list? might be important.

jojolagger
2012-09-21, 06:50 PM
Tom shakes the offered hand, somehow not snapping it off despite Tom not appearing to put any thought into restraining his strength. "Thanks. Nice to meet you Carter. No offense, but would it be right to guess you tend more to the Magic Lessons here?"

@OMG PONIES: Has Allistair actually summoned something, or is he just talking to thin air. I ask because Tom would know because of his sonar.

Doomboy911
2012-09-21, 08:51 PM
The headmaster hops off the carriage and makes his way to the side of the school. A rain drop falls on Tom's shoulder and where it landed his coat turns purple. Everyone can hear the pitter patter of rain.

Erik Vale
2012-09-21, 10:38 PM
Starting to band together in a group, you begin to see a new lot of people arriving, seemingly from nowhere. Each are dressed in grey robes, and seem to be intermingly with the students. One of you observe one of these people drawing a smallish 6 person group away.

And then his robe begins turning purple in patches. Not far behind from you, you here a growl.
"Take forever to get this damn c*** out."

jojolagger
2012-09-22, 12:06 AM
Tom seems to not care about the addition of purple to his coat. So what if 1 of his sets of clothes get dirty.
"Looks like the headmaster is responsible for the rain he mentioned..."

Soliloquy
2012-09-22, 08:49 AM
A fit of laughter comes over Morbon. When he finally stops laughing, he responds to the questioning looks with "It's a bard thing".

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-09-22, 02:13 PM
Katherine nodded at Tom's words, "Yes, I will be focusing on divine magics and advanced healing and aid techniques." The sound of rain brought Katherine's attention up. Looking at the rain hit Tom's coat, and then turn it purple, she was taken aback. "What the heck is this stuff?"

Soliloquy
2012-09-24, 07:42 PM
"'What is this stuff?' more like, 'does anyone have more pans?' because if I don't have at least a hundred litres of this stuff by the end of the day I am considering this a wasted opportunity!"

He acts on his words, setting about collecting as much of the rain as he can.

Ninja_Grand
2012-09-24, 08:36 PM
Cochise walks out of the carriage, fulmbleing some papers. "DAMN!" He speaks with a Native American tone. "That was my class list!" After brushing of the paper, he just tosses it back in the carriage. "Hi everyone!"

[Mingleing, then learns about the keys.]

"No! My dream snare is in my bag! How am i going to sleep?"

[On forming a party]
"OH! Was there a skill fighting class or something? I'm good with my deer blade and my boar spear."

[on Morbon comment about a a bard thing]
"That great. My "tribe" was great at dancing a telling a good tale, We have to trade story's or songs some time."

[And on the rain]
"This is not the spirits work. Who is messing with the sky?"

And some info bout my char
He was raised in a native American community. His whole neighborhood was of the same tribe, so he got along well with most of the elders. It was a ranch in Minnesota and he loved to hunt wild dear and boar. His "uncle" was the son of a grand warrior. He loved the story's so much, he HAD to learn how to fight like his ancestors did. So over time he was hunting deer, then the next day, young dragons! In a hunting trip he was spotted by a teacher at the school and was told to apply.

He is a very aloof 16 year old, but when things go down hill, his horrible, sadistic, blood loving side comes out. He hates it so much he calls it Beast and look it like a diffent person. But to fight his anger, he is a joke loving fun guy.

Nightpenguin
2012-09-24, 08:39 PM
"'What is this stuff?' more like, 'does anyone have more pans?' because if I don't have at least a hundred litres of this stuff by the end of the day I am considering this a wasted opportunity!"

"I... I didn't think of that. Are you sure that's a good idea?"

If nothing immediately bad happens to Morbon, Irian lends him 3 vials reaches into a pocket.

"I suppose you can borrow these for a day or two."

"I seem to have left my alchemical supplies in my pack..."

Cochise walks out of the carriage, fumbling some papers. "DAMN!" He speaks with a Native American tone. "That was my class list!" After brushing off the paper, he just tosses it back in the carriage. "Hi everyone!"

Startled, Irian jumps back a pace, eyes flashing momentarily, then recomposes herself. "Um, hello." Remembering this time, "My name is Irian, and you are?"

Erik Vale
2012-09-24, 08:50 PM
As the group goes about collecting rain all you seem to be collecting is clear water, but then again, the rain looks clear, until it splatters.

Well, perhaps you can find a use for it. Ink, Dye.

Then suddenly someone starts laughing behind your group.
"Here's a group that thinks like adventurers. Everything and the throne bolted to the floor."
The voice seems at once derisive and joyful, belonging to a man in a grey (rapidly turning purple) robe, with the hood up, probably to keep the rain out of his hair.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-09-24, 10:41 PM

"You know I never thought of it like that, unfortunately I don't have anything to use to help collect it with." Katherine said putting the hood of her cloak up.

Doomboy911
2012-09-24, 10:56 PM
On "Carter" a drop lands on "his" shoulder and where it lands a small portion of it becomes see through. A clap of thunder as more rain starts to come down. "Better hurry it only gets worst before it gets even worst."

Ninja_Grand
2012-09-25, 06:58 AM
Startled, Irian jumps back a pace, eyes flashing momentarily, then recomposes herself. [COLOR="DimGray"]"Um, hello." Remembering this time, "My name is Irian, and you are?"

"Hello Irian. Im Cochise. But you can call me Dusty if that names hard to rember." He puts out a hand. "You seem a bit nevous, is something wrong?"

Nightpenguin
2012-09-25, 06:43 PM
"Hello Irian. I'm Cochise. But you can call me Dusty if that name's hard to remember." He puts out a hand. "You seem a bit nervous, is something wrong?"

"N-no, it's fine. I just didn't see you there until you shouted."
Irian appears not to have noticed the proffered hand.

Erik Vale
2012-09-26, 06:51 AM
Finally, one of the men in what were once grey robes must have decided that it was time to move you along, the one coming for your group looking a little... peeved.

"Come on, I would rather get out of the rain sooner than latter. And I don't think it would do well for you to be walking around effectively naked."

The Man's robe is a combination of colours now though, however under some see through bits, you can see patches of purple skin.

Nightpenguin
2012-09-26, 06:46 PM
"Come on, I would rather get out of the rain sooner than latter. And I don't think it would do well for you to be walking around effectively naked."

At these words, Irian's eyes widen imperceptibly, and she hastens inside, wherever that may be.

Erik Vale
2012-09-26, 09:14 PM
They man in the grey (and other colour) robe leads the hurrying group a little down the road, turning off into a short trail. Near the end of it the trail splits, and the man takes the 5th fork of about 7, you weren't looking to closely, and then you saw the dungeon entrance.

((Run by other DM, His turn.))

gunnar11
2012-09-27, 06:02 AM
The man keeps on walking, suddenly silent. Some of you notice this, and feel an awful icky chill down your spine. Something isn't right here, something is definitely wrong, but you don't seem to be able to connect the dots. You keep walking up the side of the mountain behind the school, and at one point you enter it. You're in a cave, and while trying to accustom to the diminished lighting inside it, the wall behind you slides shut. The man in the multi-colored robe was still standing on the other side.

It is now dark around you. Before any of you is able to activate it's darkvision some torches lit up, and before you stand one of the most incredible creatures ever seen. Mouths fall open in astonishment, and it takes a while before you realize what's actually in this school. You all feel something prodding, trying to get into your minds.

DC 22 Will save

A deep rumbling voice then speaks to you, instructing you to your first assignment.

Immortal Bronze Dragon, Serrathios
"Welcome, youth, to the first challenge in your school lives." He takes a slow breath, as to accentuate his presence.
"I will be your teacher in some of the disciplines on this school." You're getting used to his voice now. Even though the ground still shakes on every tone he produces, he doesn't sound like a threat anymore, but more like an authority. "Chaos, like most of my kind, is my domain, and the domain I will be teaching you. But first, to enter this school you have to pass this little test." he says, and as he does, behind him opens a passage. You see some light coming from it, and you know you will have to enter it. "Prepare yourselves, because it won't be easy. If you have questions, or want to bail out, just tell me so. Be careful, because the wrong questions will have the wrong outcome."
He closes his eyes and rests his head on it's front paws. For the ones of you that notice: he's still listening, and aware of everything that happens in the cave.

The torches light some less now.

OMG PONIES
2012-09-27, 06:28 AM
Alistair Tenpenny

[roll0]

The young boy instinctively runs from the dragon, hiding behind Tom and hugging the back of the strong man's legs. He peers around the warrior at the dragon. A dragon! Alistair wonders if any of his teachers will be dragons; perhaps one would teach Advanced Magics? He politely listens to the dragon speak and does his best not to talk: You have two ears and only one mouth, his mother had reminded him.

Alistair smiles at the idea that they were already having their first test. His parents had expected good grades, and Alistair always thought he was plenty smart. However, these instructions are a bit cryptic, so he feels the need to ask: "What are the conditions for passing or failing the test?"

Nightpenguin
2012-09-27, 06:33 AM
Irian will wait until someone else in the group enters the passage before going through.

[roll0] (add 2 if it's an enchantment)

Electrobolt
2012-09-27, 12:43 PM
James entered the passage as well, before hearing the voice of this dragon booming out. This caused him to flinch a bit, before regaining his composure. As he looked at the dragon, he was amazed, surprised to see one in person. This one seemed relatively nice, though, unlike the dragons he heard of before. Remaining silent, hearing Alistair's question, he awaited for more details.

Will Save: [roll0]

Watch me fail the roll :P

jojolagger
2012-09-27, 01:11 PM
Tom seems unfazed by the dragon, maybe because of the experiments preformed on him, maybe because he could probably win an arm wrestling match with it.
Tom stance shift slightly with Alistair hiding behind him, providing a bit more cover without blocking the mage's sight.
[roll0] Will save.
Unless it is a fear effect. In which case, I'm immune.
Also, I would probably win said arm wrestling match. :smallbiggrin:

Soliloquy
2012-09-27, 05:30 PM
Will: [roll0]
Knowledge (arcana): [roll1]
Yes 20! why there...
I know some about him now. And, if he has less than 27 hit dice, I know his special powers.
"Volac" he says in amazement.

Ninja_Grand
2012-09-27, 06:55 PM
Dusty(its his nickname) just stops dead in his tracks once he sees the dragon and bows. He then gets on one knee and asks "Teacher of chaos, What is said test. I mean not offend, but some may prepare better by knowing what were up for."

Dusty is stunned. He never thought he see things like this at this school. Now that he thinks of it.....Can, or will we die?

Will:[roll0]

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-09-27, 07:08 PM
[roll0]

Katherine stands in awe at the monstrous form in front of her. She had never seen a dragon before, and the experience was a little breath taking. She involuntarily takes a half step back out of instinct.

gunnar11
2012-09-28, 02:25 AM
"You have... interesting... minds, young ones" the dragon replies to you. His eyes are still closed as he speaks. After these words Dusty, Tom and Irian discover that the thing prodding in their mind was actually the dragon himself. While knowing you're not being taken over you still find his being quite present in your minds.

"The challenge will be to pass three rooms, that's all. A door only opens when every hostile creature is killed, and you're assured you're safe." he says. He pauses for a moment, then continues: "that is, if you can find the exit...". Then he looks directly at Tom "I know you're thinking to just smash these doors" he says, having had a look into your mind "But believe me, you don't want to try that" he says, letting out a chuckle. Dragon's chuckles don't sound that innocent :smalltongue:

soliloquy:

You can guess this dragon is somewhere between Adult and Wyrm age, and that were you to attack him, you would have no chance at all (even with all of you) to defeat him.

Nightpenguin
2012-09-29, 11:00 PM
Irian shudders involuntarily at the feeling of the dragon invading her mind. Repressing her feelings, she looks around at the other members of the group, waiting for someone else to pass the door.

jojolagger
2012-09-30, 01:52 AM
Once Alistair calms down and lets go of his leg, Tom will proceed through the door.

OMG PONIES
2012-09-30, 06:38 AM
Alistair unclamps from Tom's leg, but stays close behind him as they enter the first room.

Soliloquy
2012-09-30, 09:46 AM
Keeping one hand on his bag of holding, Morbon walks to the door, then turns and beckons Irian towards the door.

Nightpenguin
2012-09-30, 10:06 AM
With one last glance at the dragon, Irian follows the group through the door.

Ninja_Grand
2012-09-30, 11:29 AM
Dusty gets up from his knee. "Well then. Thank you teacher." He waves goodbye to the dragon and pulls his blade from his hip. "Looks like we got work to do. Let start!" And with that, he runs off into the door.

[Taking a run action to move into the door}

Electrobolt
2012-09-30, 12:29 PM
*Hmm, so we are going to be fighting as our test, then... I'm already liking this school's testing system!* James pondered in his head, a grin slowly appearing on his face as he begins to enter the room, getting himself all psyched up.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-09-30, 06:48 PM
Thinking it would be dumb of her to enter a potential combat situation without protection Katherine focus. Her hand glows a with a bright light as she touches her chest. A dazzling suit of armour phases itself into existence around her. A light as bright as day shines from her new suit of light armour. Pleased with the result she pushes on behind the rest of the group.

I am casting my Luminous Armour spell. +5 to AC, gives off light as a daylight spell, and enemies take a -4 to attack me in melee.

Soliloquy
2012-09-30, 07:40 PM
Morbon pulls a stringed instrument out of his bag, and plays a single chord before returning it.

Mage Armor

gunnar11
2012-10-06, 03:52 PM
You all enter the room, some charging, some jumping, others tuning their instruments, but you all get there.

In front of you appears a large open field. In the middle of it you clearly see what seems to be some kind of temple, although from a god you've certainly never heard of. While you're all ready for any kind of danger running to from or behind you, you don't notice the actual threat just above you.

7 beautiful harpies lay there, dangling in the currents of wind.

You all want to act fast, but it's too late. They are just a fraction before you, and while they begin to fly towards the temple three of them begin to sing:

"Beautiful creature,
listening to my voice,
learn to love me,
to disregard the noise.

You're dreams can come true,
you may yet fly,
so drop your will,
and be forever mine."

The voices are so soothing, so encharming. You heavily desire following it, just to hear more.

DC 16 Will save, or become captivated by it. The save is charisma-based, Su. Captivated creatures may only make a move action towards the harpies. They do not, however lose their AC.

Roll initiative

State your action for this round

jojolagger
2012-10-06, 04:47 PM
Aware the harpies are trying to manipulate his mind, Tom Charges one, tearing into it with his claws because he hadn't had time to draw his swords.
[roll0] will save
[roll1] Initiative
EDIT: Natural 20 init and a roll of 17 on the save? :smallbiggrin:

Attacks- if will save succeeds
[roll2]+5 (copypasta error) [roll3] Tail Slap
[roll4] [roll5] Claw 1
[roll6] [roll7] Claw 2
[roll8] [roll9] Claw 3
[roll10] [roll11] Claw 4-Crit threat
[roll12] [roll13] Claw 5
[roll14] [roll15] Claw 6
If that doesn't kill it outright, I'll roll the crit.

OMG PONIES
2012-10-06, 06:13 PM
Alistair Tenpenny

[roll0]
[roll1]

With a snap of the fingers and a quick utterance, Alistair is ready for action (OOC: Cast Nerveskitter). He easily resists the lure of the sirens, responding with a stoic "Ew, girls are icky." However, he knows these creatures are much more than normal girls. Instead, he recalls all the legends of harpies he had read in his parents' library.

[roll2] to learn about harpies and trigger Knowledge Devotion against them

Alistair recalls hearing about how these flying creatures keep to the sky, hoping to draw captivated creatures towards themselves, and he realizes that he needs to fight fire with fire. Another quick incantation is muttered, and the buzzing of wings is heard softly emanating from either side of the boy. However, nothing can be seen as he smirks, very proud of what he's done. OOC: Cast Summon Monster IV to summon two fiendish giant wasps (thanks to Fiendish Legion).

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

OOC: The duration of both wasps is extended, thanks to Deceptive Summons. In addition to the effects of Augment Summoning, the bees will benefit from an additional 2 HP per HD. They are also invisible, and will attack the harpies if they can (since they were summoned with a standard action). Waiting for DM approval on wasp attack.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-10-06, 06:27 PM
Shrugging off the harpies song Katherine glares at them with disdain. "Charms," she scoffs, "filth." Moving (if she has to) to encompass her classmates in her spell she speaks in a low voice stretching out her right arm, "Great divine, give us your blessing and incite our fury so we may stem the tides of evil." Lifting her arm up a wave of energy bathes over Katherine and her allies, filling them with divine passion.

Katherine has immunity to charms, so the harpies song will have no effect.
Initiative: [roll0]

I move, if I have to, to have everyone inside a 30ft radius when I cast my spell: 'Righteous Wrath of the Faithful'. Everyone gains an extra melee attack at their highest attack bonus on a full attack (Non-stacking), and a +3 moral bonus on melee attack rolls and damage rolls.

Nightpenguin
2012-10-06, 08:58 PM
[roll0] (-2 if this isn't an enchantment)

[roll1]

Move action: Move to stay behind a meatshield melee-oriented character.

Standard action: Cast Hypnotic Pattern (Will DC 19) centered to include as many harpies within the 10 ft spread as possible without including any party members.
[roll2]

Irian raises her hands, a rainbow of shifting lights flowing through the air producing a pattern which seems almost dissonant to the harpies' song. It flashes around the harpies as if to turn their song back on themselves.

Electrobolt
2012-10-06, 11:55 PM
Will save: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

Move: Don Heavy Darkwooden Shield (Didn't say I equipped it upon entering, so yeah... :P Also, donning a shield is considered a move action)

Standard: Kelgore's Fire Bolt on furthest reachable harpy (Deals [roll2] points of fire damage, 200 (100+(10xlevel)) ft range)

Whoops... -1 to the Will save because I have -1 Charisma... But I still succeed :P

Upon entering, he had heard the song of the harpies as they tried to pull him in closer. *So, the fun begins... Bring it on!* he thought to himself as he donned his shield, before focusing as he prepared a spell. After focusing, he then shot out a bolt of fire, aiming for the farthest, yet accessible harpy in the group.

Soliloquy
2012-10-07, 08:58 AM
Can you say "countersong"?
Will: [roll0]
Countersong(perform(string)): [roll1]

blade artist
2012-10-07, 10:14 AM
(outside in fox form)

hide [roll0] additional +4 if in tall grass
move silently [roll1]

moving at speed 30, half of my highest speed

will (vs dragon) [roll2]
will (vs harpies) [roll3]

as a note, I am weak on will saves

surface thoughts: Aww! I'm late for the classes, if only I didn't stop to play with those kids on my way here! Maybe I'll sneak by big Mr. Dragon to get in and nobody'll notice me.

edit: (OOC) You know I have not entered the dungeon or anything an can still be stopped. I can probably hear the music, though.

gunnar11
2012-10-14, 09:23 AM
Sorry, had a rough week. Updating now

Tom launches himself forward, and while swinging at all the harpies at the same time, he barely manages to hit one. Their flight seems to be too fast for either one of you to really get close.
The hit, although it seems only scratches the harpy, launches her to the side, where she slams against the ground. If not death she surely is unconscious, now.

Tom is not the only one that manages to get a hit, though. Jesse points with his fingers to the farthest harpy and shoots. You all imagine hearing a voice say "clean hit" before the harpy disintegrates to ashes.

The song didn't seem to affect any of you, but some weird little fox that is suddenly amongs you. This fox, Jesse, now moves towards the harpies. Didn't they sound lovely?

Jesse is unable to anything else than move towards the harpies next turn. After that, the countersong kicks in.

The harpies are now at the temple, and ready to fight.

Distance to the temple: 120 ft

Ninja_Grand
2012-10-16, 06:10 PM
With the reflex of cat, Cochise draws his blade. "Huh, Didn't know I can do that!" He looks at the harpys. "Nice song to DANCE to!"

With the witty one-liner he move in a way that looks like danceing, but much more deadly. He dashs,tumbles,and jumps to reach the nearest harpy to strike.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Free:Draw my blade.
Move: Move to the nearest harpy
Standard: Make a full attack (Dervish dance)

blade artist
2012-10-16, 06:25 PM
I should probably roll for initiative...
[roll0]

Ninja_Grand
2012-10-16, 07:42 PM
[Sorry, still need to make some rolls]
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[If I missed anything, send me a PM]

Nightpenguin
2012-10-18, 08:39 PM
Irian glares at the harpies, her face flushing angrily. Frustrated by her failure to affect the harpies directly, she looks for a way to ensure their demise.

If Tom is within touch range, Irian casts Fly on him. Otherwise, she makes haste toward him (30 ft. move speed) before casting Fly. If she would still be unable to reach him, she instead activates her ring of Invisibility and moves toward the harpies.

jojolagger
2012-10-18, 09:10 PM
Tom charges at another Harpy, attempting to slam his tail through her torso.

[roll0] [roll1]

If Tom is within touch range, Irian casts Fly on him. Otherwise, she makes haste toward him (30 ft. move speed) before casting Fly. If she would still be unable to reach him, she instead activates her ring of Invisibility and moves toward the harpies.
Considering that Tom already has an item granting flight, I'm going to suggest you go with the invisibility. :smallamused:

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-10-18, 11:49 PM
Moving to make sure Tom is in the area Katherine moves her hand to the holy symbol around her neck and recites, (in elven) "The flow of time my not be stemmed, but by your hand we shall not be condemned. As suns set and as moons rise, our faith in you never dies. So lift our souls and guide our lives, so that we might survive. Life to precious to be lost, we are willing to pay the cost." A dim blue-white glow emanates from the symbol on the last word and waves out around Katherine and the others.

I am casting Recitation. Everyone gets a +2 luck bonus to Attack Rolls, AC, and Saving Throws.

Soliloquy
2012-10-19, 04:32 PM
Morbon keeps playing

Electrobolt
2012-10-20, 09:37 AM
James grinned as he saw one of the harpies get hit and then fall. *Nice, gotcha!* he thought, as he looked around at the group. Deciding to move 30 ft closer and getting a clear shot at yet another harpy, he concentrated some. Once he was done concentrating, he pointed at the harpy as another bolt of fire shot out.

IIRC you meant James for when the harpy was disintegrated to ashes, not Jesse, right? Anyways, with shield donned, move will be moving 30 ft closer while getting a clear line of fire. Standard is using that line of fire to target another (nearby this time) harpy and strike with Kelgore's Fire Bolt.

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
Fire Damage: [roll1]

blade artist
2012-10-20, 09:44 PM
I think I may have already been outside the range of the counter song... Was I? I mean I make a move action for 70ft of movement because of the harpy's song.

gunnar11
2012-10-21, 06:34 AM
Tom and James take two more harpies down the same way they did before, only Tom is now flying.
There are only 3 more harpies left, and Tom is ready to deal with them all.

But so are they. They all attack Tom:

Attack: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]
Attack: [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3]
Attack: [roll4]
Attack 2: [roll5]

Damage: [roll6]
Damage 2: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]
Damage 2: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]
Damage 2: [roll11]

Ripping away at his flesh, with barely any success.

Suddenly, from the temple a roar emerges. It shakes your bones to the very core.
[roll12] Fortitude DC 18 for half damage

The thing in the temple must be really, REALLY huge.

jojolagger
2012-10-21, 10:53 AM
Tom becomes a flurry of Claws and Tail in response to the harpies swarming him.

Save:[roll0]

Tail [roll1] | [roll2]
Claw [roll3] | [roll4]
Claw [roll5] | [roll6]
Claw [roll7] | [roll8]
Claw [roll9] | [roll10]
Claw [roll11] | [roll12]
Claw [roll13] | [roll14]

Tom's Blindsight can probably see into the temple, so he's know what it looks like.
Made save, take 10 damage, innate heal 4 back.

Nightpenguin
2012-10-21, 01:51 PM
Irian, having momentarily relaxed away from the sight of her companions, is blindsided by the blast. Feeling the need for a change of tactics, she begins speaking under her breath, casting her eyes upward. An earsplitting screech pierces the air, as an exact replica of the bronze dragon folds its wings and dives toward the harpies from 100 feet above.

[roll0]

Major image, Will disbelief DC 23 if interacted with, starting 100 ft. above the harpies and diving down, such that the illusion will reach the 10-ft. cube containing the harpies in one round, at which point it circles threateningly within the remaining four 10-ft. cubes positioned horizontally around that point. By the way, does this act of creating the illusion consitute an attack for the purposes of ending the invisibility effect?

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-10-21, 07:59 PM
Katherine pauses at the sound and force of the roar. "My lord," she whispers under her breath. Moving yet closer Katherine readies another spell. With a few hand movements and a word, strength rushes through Katherine.

I make another 30 ft move closer to the temple and cast Divine Power.

Electrobolt
2012-10-21, 10:38 PM
Upon hearing the roar, James braced himself for whatever might be coming. "What could that be that made that roar...?" muttered the boy as he looked at the temple. "Whatever it is, sounds like it could prove to be a challenge... Heh, bring it." Firing off another bolt to one of the remaining harpies, he remained stationary as he awaits for whatever else may happen.

Fortitude: [roll0]
Ranged Touch Attack: [roll1]
Kelgore's Fire Bolt damage: [roll2]

blade artist
2012-10-23, 08:46 AM
fortitude save [roll0]

I think that I'm under the harpies due to the compulsion

(I would have posted yesterday, but myth-weavers was on the fritz)

OMG PONIES
2012-10-23, 10:28 AM
Alistair Tenpenny

Though the roar from the temple makes Alistair want to soil himself, the bespectacled youth stays strong despite his fear. Even still, he can't help but feel as though his ribcage is being shaken by the mighty sound, and he raises his hand to his chest to fight off the pain.

Alistair's hellish wasps buzz angrily around the remaining harpies. Each of them attack the harpy closest to them with deadly precision, while the small boy takes aim at the remaining monster with the index finger of his right hand. "I can do this all day," he says with a malicious grin. He lets a small splatter of acid fly, called forth from nothingness. Unfortunately, it flies wide, causing Alistair to mutter curses under his breath. Get it together, Ali, he tells himself, you'll never earn extra credit like that.

Wasp 1 (round 2 of 20)

Full attack: 26 vs flatfooted AC for 11 damage. The harpy must make a DC 16 Fort save or take 4 DEX damage from poison (which repeats a minute later).

Wasp 2 (round 2 of 20)

Full attack: 30 vs flatfooted AC for 11 damage. The harpy must make a DC 16 Fort save or take 5 DEX damage from poison (which repeats a minute later).

Alistair

Standard action: critical miss with Acidic Splatter for 0 damage.
Move action: move behind stronger party member :smallbiggrin:.

ROLLS:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

gunnar11
2012-10-23, 11:00 AM
With a few slashes from Tom and some fire shooting around the harpies soon turn to dust. At that exact moment, the temple crumbles to a thousand different marble pieces. In the middle of the debris you see a magestic creature, a lion standing.

Chaotic Hell-Liger Tanatos

A roar more and the sky begins crying. A thousend drops fall and everyone seems more slippery.
Wait. This is no water! This is some kind of grease!

Reflex save DC 22

(the same to stay in the air)

This not some little kitty to play with :smalleek:

Nightpenguin
2012-10-23, 05:32 PM
Irian concentrates on the illusory dragon despite slipping on the grease. Lightning cracks as the dragon lets out a roar, challenging the lion.

[roll0]

[roll1]

jojolagger
2012-10-23, 06:16 PM
Tom charges down at the Liger while it is distracted with the Dragon, attempting to slam his powerful tail into it's head.
[roll0] [roll1]

Electrobolt
2012-10-23, 07:45 PM
Upon seeing the creature emerge, and the grease splashing everywhere, James tries to keep his concentration as he readies another fire bolt. Once set, he shoots it at the creature... Unless, of course, something else happens.

Reflex: [roll0] ... Crap, low bonus...

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll1]
Kelgore's Fire Bolt Damage: [roll2]

OMG PONIES
2012-10-24, 12:30 PM
Alistair Tenpenny

Alistair and both of his wasps crash to the ground. Muttering more curses than it seems a youth of his age should have in his vocabulary, Alistair stands and attempts to wipe the grease off his robes. With a quick arcane gesture, he summons two huge centipedes that each feel at the air surrounding the massive liger with their many limbs. The wasps look slightly dazed, but hover back into the air and attempt to sting the giant cat once more.

Alistair: 20 HP

Move action: get up from prone
Free action: 5-foot step toward lion (now 85' away)
Standard action: cast Invisible Summon Monster III
No action: activate Knowledge Devotion and learn about the creature (Knowledge Arcana result of 36)
Centipede 1: 67 HP, round 1 of 20

Free action: 5-foot step toward lion (now 20' away)
Standard action: ready action toinitiate grapple if lion moves within reach (will provoke AoO)
Centipede 2: 67 HP, round 1 of 20

Free action: 5-foot step toward lion (now 20' away)
Standard action: ready action to initiate grapple if lion moves within reach (will provoke AoO)
Wasp 1: 42 HP, round 3 of 20

Move action: get up from prone (provokes AoO)
Standard action: attack the cat...24 vs flatfooted AC for 11 damage. The creature must also make a DC 16 Fort save or take 3 DEX damage from poison.
Wasp 2: 42 HP, round 3 of 20

Move action: get up from prone (provokes AoO)
Standard action: attack the cat...32 vs flatfooted AC for 11 damage (16 vs flatfooted AC for an additional 12 damage from a possible crit). The creature must also make a DC 16 Fort save or take 3 DEX damage from poison

Rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

Ninja_Grand
2012-10-25, 07:46 PM
Reflex [roll0]

Passed.

I run to just out of the ligers reach. Thats a full round action. I draw my javailn. Free due to feat.

Still dancing.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-10-26, 01:39 AM
Taking a step Katherine slips and drops. Shaking away some of the daze, she awkwardly picks herself back up, muttering incoherent curses. Locking her eyes on the beast before her, she preps one more spell for use. A surge of energy flows through her body as the spell activates. Her shoulders and chest expand a bit, making her seem more imposing. From her shoulder blades sprout feathery white wings that extend as they fully form. Under the shining armour, her eyes turn a white as her skin darkens forming a tan that looks as though it had seen many summer days.
I use my move action to stand up and then use my standard action to cast Lesser Holy Transformation.

blade artist
2012-10-28, 12:56 AM
controll shape check [roll0] looking for 15

After comicly slipping and falling, the little fox gets up with a gleam in its eyes. With a howl and crackling bones the fox starts to stand on its hind legs and in its fur glittering can be seen, as if there were metal in its fur.

(since successful) The fox grows to the size of a human, with large claws and the metal has come through the fur now as a chain shirt hugging tight to the him.

"Hi all, glad to make it to the party!"

gunnar11
2012-10-31, 04:06 PM
Tom slams its powerful tail into the Ligers head. A scratch appears, and the Liger seems annoyed somehow. He doesn't really care about Tom, though, as the Wasps are buzzing around and making a lot more of noise.
The Liger charges them before they can get up:

First some Liger saves:
Fortitude [roll0]
Reflex [roll1]

Now the real deal:
AoO centipede 1: [roll2]
Damage centipede 1: [roll3]

AoO centipede 2: [roll4]
Damage centipede 2: [roll5]

Attack wasp 1: [roll6]
Damage wasp 1: [roll7]

AoO wasp 1: [roll8]
Damage wasp 1: [roll9]

AoO wasp 2: [roll10]
Damage wasp 2: [roll11]

He completely ignores the dragon, as if it wasn't there at all.

Attacking the centipedes and the wasps, he tears their bodies appart with his claws. You know for sure now that if one of those claws were to scratch you, the force would be enough to send you flying.

Soliloquy
2012-10-31, 05:58 PM
I cease counter song and commence Song Of Horror.
DC 23 or 1d6 strength and dexterity

jojolagger
2012-10-31, 06:25 PM
Seeing the liger move away, Tom attempts to latch onto it with a claw.
Movement away provokes an AoO. Remember it has -2 AC from charging.
Using my 1/day earth strike for it
Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Should I hit, improved grab triggers and I get to make a grapple without needing to make a touch attack.
[roll2] to initiate the grapple.

Nightpenguin
2012-11-04, 06:41 PM
Irian attempts to stand up from faceplants on the slippery ground, abandoning her illusion, which continues to fly in circles. She speaks several words of power in quick succession, and although no visible effect can be seen, the Liger's mind is assaulted by creatures of shadow.
Phantasmal Assailants (Spell Compendium). 8 points each of Wisdom & Dexterity damage, Will DC 22 negates, Fortitude DC 22 half.
[roll0] to stand in grease.
[roll1] to cast in weather.
Major Image expires after 3 rounds including this one.

blade artist
2012-11-05, 01:08 AM
Jesse tries moving over to the left of the liger, moving carefully and focusing on her claws. Slowly, the claws grow larger and more menacing.

2 move actions

move to the side

morphic claws to grow the claw (increase claw damage by one size)

edit: I forgot to mention that moving at least 10ft triggers skirmish, +1 AC

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-11-05, 03:58 AM
Katherine lifts up off the ground and flies at the Liger.

I use my move action to fly at the Liger, as part of it I draw my weapon. If Tom successfully grappled, I attack it's flat-foot AC, if not I move to flank and attack it.

Attack Roll: [roll0] (+2 on flank) and damage if I hit: [roll1]

OMG PONIES
2012-11-05, 01:16 PM
Alistair Tenpenny

Alistair blinks and rubs his eyes, hoping beyond hope that the creature he sees before him is some sort of illusion dreamt up by a cantankerous gnome. If it does turn out to be the real thing, Ali instead focuses on disabling it by conjuring a flash of sparkling dust that scratches at the huge creature's eyes. He turns his attention to the room he's in, hoping to find a safe egress. However, his eyes squint from behind his thick spectacles in an attempt to make out the shapes farther away from him.

Both wasps withstand the liger's initial swipe, and their buzzing increases as the creature charges lustily at the one. Its wild swing misses the wasp and leaves the liger momentarily off-balance; all four summoned creatures take advantage of its lowered guard to flank the beast and pepper it with stingers and teeth.

Alistair: 20/20 HP

No action: Will save against the liger (succeeds on DC up to 24)?
Move action: move 30 ft towards liger (now 55' away)
Standard action: cast Glitterdust, centered behind the liger so as to catch it without affecting friendly summons as well. Will save DC 17 or be blinded for 10 rounds.
Centipede 1: 67/67 HP, round 2 of 20

Free action: 5-foot step toward liger (now 15' away)
Full attack: 28 vs AC for 15 damage. The liger must make a DC 16 Fort save or take 4 DEX damage as well.
Centipede 2: 67/67 HP, round 2 of 20

Free action: 5-foot step toward liger (now 15' away)
Full attack: 31 vs AC for 16 damage. The liger must make a DC 16 Fort save or take 4 DEX damage as well.
Wasp 1: 7/42 HP, round 4 of 20

Full attack: 19 vs AC for 10 damage. The liger must make a DC 16 Fort save or take 4 DEX damage as well.
Wasp 2: 2/42 HP, round 4 of 20

Full attack: 31 vs AC for 12 damage. The liger must make a DC 16 Fort save or take 4 DEX damage as well.

Rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

Electrobolt
2012-11-05, 04:45 PM
James attempted to get back onto his feet as he tried to keep his concentration focused. If he is successful on both fronts, he would shoot another bolt of fire out at the creature. If unsuccessful, well... At least he tried.

Reflex: [roll0] - Gonna fail, I can feel it -_-
Concentration: [roll1]

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll2]
Fire Bolt fire damage: [roll3]

gunnar11
2012-11-06, 11:06 AM
Everyone attacks the Liger at once, dealing damage with claws, stings, weapons and even poison!
They lash out at him, and you hear a growl while he's being taken down. He is in a fight with Tom now, trying to get control over the situation.
He can't stand up, but he doesn't need to.

He roars again, as from his body a wave of fire disperses through the field.

Everyone in a 30ft radius make a reflex save DC 16 or take
[roll0]
damage.

For Tom it's 1.5 times that (rounded up) because he's grappling the beast.

The grease has dissappeared into the ground now, everyone can stand up.
The sky is still dark, although the moon is barely visible from here.

OMG PONIES
2012-11-06, 12:36 PM
Alistair Tenpenny

As Tom grabs the creature in his mighty arms, Alistair's minions continue to follow orders. Both centipedes shrug off the wave of fire--one due to its ability to dodge the blast, the other given its fiendish heritage. The wasps do not fare as well, however. One remains, but looks the worse for wear. The blast singes the other, and it's buzzing sound is heard fading back to the realm from whence it was called.

The young wizard is concerned that he's already used far too many spells in this combat--perhaps part of the test was measuring one's tactical planning under fire. If he wanted to succeed in Advanced Magics, he would have to choose not only when to pick his battles, but his spells as well. He concentrates for a moment before a thought comes to him. With a snap of his fingers, he realizes that this is the perfect opportunity to try out the new theorem he had been reading on the carriage ride to the school. The author had indicated that, should one forego castinga particular spell, the arcane energy could instead be used as a battery of sorts in order to power a magical effect at will (albeit at a diminished intensity). The little bookworm is eager to try this out, and he finds it incredibly easy to change a few syllables of the word he'd used to summon more big guns to instead call a small earth elemental into the fray to join the assault on the liger.

Alistair: 20/20 HP

Move action: move 30 ft towards liger (now 25' away)
Standard action: summon a small earth elemental via Summon Elemental reserve feat to flank the liger with one of the other summoned creatures.
Centipede 1: 67/67 HP, round 3 of 20

Full attack: 18 vs flatfooted AC for 11 damage. The liger must make a DC 16 Fort save or take 2 DEX damage as well.
Centipede 2: 62/67 HP, round 3 of 20

Full attack: 16 vs flatfooted AC for 13 damage. The liger must make a DC 16 Fort save or take 5 DEX damage as well.
Wasp 1: 2/42 HP, round 5 of 20

Full attack: 25 vs flatfooted AC for 10 damage. The liger must make a DC 16 Fort save or take 4 DEX damage as well.
Earth Elemental: 19/19 HP, round 1 of 5

Standard action: 14 vs flatfooted AC for 10 damage
Rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

Electrobolt
2012-11-06, 06:39 PM
With the grease no longer covering the ground, James was able to get on his feet. After getting back up, he focused and aimed at the liger. Then, instead of firing out another fire bolt, an arrow of acid shot out towards the beast.

Ok, so you thought I was gonna fire off another fire bolt, eh? Think again :P Lasts 4 rounds btw

Ranged touch: [roll0]
Round 1 damage (if hit): [roll1]

Soliloquy
2012-11-10, 02:28 PM
Morbon swiftly changes to a different tune,
Will 23 vs confusion

blade artist
2012-11-10, 06:32 PM
Jesse circles around the liger even more, hoping to flank it with one of those giant, icky bugs. Once a bit around, he attacks hoping that he has moved far enough for the liger not to be able to defend itself properly.

attack [roll0]
(I did not apply flanking because I did not know if I was far enough around to get flanking from the remaining insects)

damage (base) [roll1]
&(skirmish) [roll2]

Also, +1 AC from skirmish

Nightpenguin
2012-11-10, 11:08 PM
Irian stands, wiping grease from her robes. Anger flashes red-hot as she points a solitary finger at the liger, a fireball exploding around it.

Fireball on liger, [roll0] fire damage, reflex DC 20 half

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-11-11, 01:34 PM
After taking two bursts of magical fire, Katherine swings at the Liger.

I make a full attack.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]
Attack 3: [roll4]
Damage 3: [roll5]

gunnar11
2012-11-12, 11:15 AM
With a not-so-mighty-anymore WHELP! The liger falls dead. His body disintegrates, as if being burned, and you can see the energy leaving his body. The liger is no more.

Then, the world begins to become brighter. Brighter and brighter, until you have no option but to close your eyes. When you open them again, you find yourself in a hallway, with nothing but three doors. One on the left, one on the right, and one directly in front of you.

From now on, every post is spoilered and I don't want you peeking into other people's posts! We're in puzzle mode, and if you have to solve it together, I'll let you know. For now, you solve it on your own!

You notice you're standing alone in the hallway. Behind you, you see the hallway stretching further than you can imagine, no door visible.

A powerful voice is heard in the dark. You recognize it, it's your master, the dragon.
"Chaos can almost never be controlled through violence. Violence and chaos are mostly one. Your chaos just happened to be greater" he says. He is obviously referring to the liger.

"Now, though, the chaos is undefeatable. You can only bypass it, with your minds. Ratio and Spirit, combined. For where chaos has to be shaped, logic is needed."

What to do?

Nightpenguin
2012-11-12, 11:47 AM
DM only:
Irian opens all three doors without walking through any, in order from left to right.

jojolagger
2012-11-12, 03:48 PM
Tom opens all three doors, left to right, using his blindsight to look within.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-11-12, 07:24 PM
I put away my Morningstar, walk up to the door on the right and knock, "Hello, is anyone there?"

OMG PONIES
2012-11-12, 08:58 PM
Alistair listens intently while the master's voice speaks in riddles. He scrawls keywords in his journal: chaos, violence, ratio, spirit, logic... His mother had always told him to take good notes, and he knew that this was no exception. With a few little grumbles, Alistair tries to piece together what it means to "bypass the chaos with his mind." Perhaps this test was some sort of illusion?

Alistair casts Detect Magic, then looks to each door.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] to determine if any of these concepts have any particular significance...let me know if another Knowledge skill is better suited.

blade artist
2012-11-12, 09:38 PM
"What the hell is that supposed to mean?!" Jesse yells at the ceilling. After a bit of waiting, he starts to look around. Noting the doors, she cautiously steps up to them, examining them closely.

search check, mostly aimed for traps but including any interesting, like being locked or fake *Jesse does not touch the door
[roll0]
and appraise check untrained [roll]1d20+2[roll]

edit: it appears I failed to roll
edit2: I'll go without that roll, so lets just move on

Ninja_Grand
2012-11-19, 08:01 AM
"What dose that mean!" With that dusty takes a seat for a bit to think. After about 30 secons he has a idea. He calls out the air elemtal in his blade, and asks it to open the left door, and he opens the right door.

gunnar11
2012-11-19, 11:05 AM
Irian:

You open the first door, a blinding light meeting you. You close the door again, the light hurting your eyes. Closing your eyes, you see, didn't help at all. And so you move on to the second door. This one seems locked, only a strange crystal-shaped hole in it.
The third door does open, and inside it, you see nothing. It's completely dark, and even if you were to use low-light or darvision, you wouldn't see a thing.
It's completely dark.

Tom:

You open the first door, a blinding light meeting you. You close the door again, the light hurting your eyes. Closing your eyes, you see, didn't help at all. And so you move on to the second door. This one seems locked, only a strange crystal-shaped hole in it.
The third door does open, and inside it, you see nothing. It's completely dark, and even if you were to use low-light or darvision, you wouldn't see a thing.
It's completely dark.

Katherine:

You hear no response coming from the door.

Alistair:

Rolled it for you :smallbiggrin:
You think each door represent the condicion of everything in the universe: Life, Death and Liveless.
Or it could be the eternal struggle between the forces of good, evil and neutrals.

Either way, listening to the doors gives you no response at all. Detecting magic reveals every door is indeed magic. Of what kind, you cannot say.

Jesse:

You do not hear nor sense anything beyond the door. That's to say: nothing special seems to be happening to/with the doors. The only weird thing is the crystal-shaped hole in the middle door. This is also the only door that you find locked (although you haven't touched any, so you're not sure)

Cochise:

You try to summon an Air Elemental, but somehow your blade doesn't seem to respond (use not expended). You open the right door, though, and in it you only find darkness, nothing more. You can't see a thing, it's completely dark, and even if you were to use blindsight/lowlightvision/darkvision, you still wouldn't see a thing.

OMG PONIES
2012-11-19, 01:27 PM
@DM:
Detect Magic (http://dndsrd.net/spellsDtoE.html#detect-magic), when concentration is maintained, allows the caster to identify the school of magic with a Spellcraft check (DC 15+spell level, or 15+half the caster level for nonspell effects). Can I assume Alistair's inability to identify the school with checks north of 30 means he's facing epic magic? If not, what is the power of each aura?

gunnar11
2012-11-19, 01:33 PM
@Alistair

There's something else going on, but you still don't know the school the spell comes from. If it's epic, you don't know

jojolagger
2012-11-19, 03:44 PM
DM only:
Unfazed by his loss of vision, Tom uses his blindsight to examine the contents of both rooms.

Echolocation go!

Nightpenguin
2012-11-19, 04:08 PM
DM only
Spellcraft to identify the sources of light and darkness, if spells.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Questions:
What shape is the hole?
Where is it in the door?
Is there anything visible through it?
What are the doors/walls/floor/ceiling/hole made of?
What are the dimensions of the hallway?
Are the doors on the left and right on the same wall as the middle door, or on the left and right walls?

Ninja_Grand
2012-11-19, 10:34 PM
Cochise mumbles somthing about how air 'metals are blowhards and he has a idea, He draws his javilin, and takes a run action to the left(down the hall). He also takes a ready action to hit anyone who he dosent recall.

He will do this twice, one for each side, left then right.

OMG PONIES
2012-11-20, 08:50 AM
Alistair opens the door that he believes corresponds to "Life" or "Good."

Soliloquy
2012-11-20, 07:40 PM
Sorry I didn't post for a while.
Morbon thinks for a while and opens the right door

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-11-20, 07:59 PM
I shut the right door and proceed to to the same with the other doors, first the left door then the center door. If I get a response from the left door I stop and try to converse, if not, I close it and proceed to the center door and try the same.

gunnar11
2012-11-21, 05:27 AM
Tom:

You can't discern anything. Oddly enough, your blindsight (echolocation) that always worked, isn't doing its job anymore.

Irian:

What shape is the hole? Like your average crystal. A square tilted on one corner.
Where is it in the door? In the center, approximately at eye-level
Is there anything visible through it? No, just emtyness. You don't feel like it's supposed to be a viewing hole anyway.
What are the doors/walls/floor/ceiling/hole made of? They are made of wood/stone/stone/stone/emptiness?
What are the dimensions of the hallway? 20ft from left to right, 10 feet up and infinity feet deep. From the first to the second to the third door is 5 10 feet steps each.
Are the doors on the left and right on the same wall as the middle door, or on the left and right walls? Each door is on its matching wall. The left on the left, the right on the right, etc.

Cochise:

You know there's only one hall, right?
You can't run down the left hall, there is only one hall...

Alistair:

An incredibly bright light meets your eye. So strong it forces you to shut the door immediatly. Your eyes still burn, but no damage is done. You know that even were you to shut your eyes, the light would go through your eyelids. It's either keep the door closed, or not look at it at all.

Morbon:

Morbon sees nothing. Well, instead of nothing, darkness really. He sees nothing discernable, only incredible darkness. Were he to use lowlight or darkvision, then he wouldn't be able to see anything anyway.

Katherine:

You never opened the right door, so you can't shut it.
Knocking on any of the other two doors doesn't give you any kind of response.

OMG PONIES
2012-11-21, 08:22 AM
Alistair raises a hand to shield his eyes from the glaring light, which is made all the worse by his thick spectacles. He turns around and, facing away from the blinding light, tries to see if he can make his way backwards through the door.

Ninja_Grand
2012-11-21, 08:41 AM
Of course theirs more halls. You said it yourself.:smallconfused: :smalltongue:

But I mean I go down the hall left and right like this.

________D__D__D__________
XXXXXXXXXXMEXXXXXXXXXXXX

/\Is that how the hall is?

Nightpenguin
2012-11-21, 09:33 AM
Irian opens the right door first and leaves it open while she opens the left door.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-11-21, 03:44 PM
OOC: That will teach me not to reread my own posts thoroughly... :smallredface:

I open the doors in the order I checked them, Right, Left, Middle.

blade artist
2012-11-21, 11:49 PM
(I'm going to play in character-ish for low wisdom, now) Seeming satisfied with her check of traps, Jesse starts by opening the door on the left and stepping through.

Soliloquy
2012-11-24, 07:18 PM
I throw something in.

gunnar11
2012-11-26, 01:16 PM
Alistair:

You manage to get some steps backwards, but encounter some stairs. You'll have to either go down the stairs backwards, with the lightintensity increasing constantly, or go back

Nick274:

The hall is like this:

----------D---
===========D
----------D---

and ignore the ='s

Irian:

The darkness on the right door is cancelled, and you can see inside. The bright light on the left still continues.
Entering the now-lit room, you see a switch on the far end of the room, some kind of lever.

Katherine:

You open the right door. You see only darkness. Not even lowlight or darkvision or blindsight will let you see anything.
On the center door, the crystal-shaped-hole-in-the-middle-door, you can't seem to open it. It is firmly shut.
The left door blinds you with bright light, and you are forced to look away, or shut the door.

All doors are now closed.

Jesse:

As soon as you open the door, a bright light blinds you. It's so bright, you are forced to look away and close the door.

Morbon:

Nothing happens. The thing you throw (specify next time), dissappears in the darkness.

Soliloquy
2012-11-26, 09:31 PM
Morbon closes the door, and looks at the three of them suspiciously. than he smiles, and reaches into his pack. He pulls out a chime of opening, and sounds it.

OMG PONIES
2012-11-27, 09:13 AM
Alistair shakes his head. "No, no, this won't do," he mumbles, "bound to take a spill." Perhaps if he could go back and open the darkened door, some of the intense light from this one could shine its way in? The young boy walks forward back to the hall with the three doors. Leaving the door of bright light open (on the left, I presume) he goes across the hall and opens the door of darkness (on the right, I presume).

jojolagger
2012-11-27, 09:45 AM
Tom steps inside the right door, activating his Winged Mask to produce some light with which to see.

Nightpenguin
2012-11-27, 07:31 PM
DM only:
If the door on the left is closed, does the room on the right become dark again? If so, Irian will leave that door open; otherwise, Irian will leave it shut. Is there anything else in that room besides the lever? If not, Irian will walk over and examine the lever. Also, dimensions/materials of the room, etc? Which way does the lever move, and in what position is it currently?

blade artist
2012-11-27, 10:38 PM
"Ahh~!" he yelped as closing the door. After a few moments of blinking to clear his sight, Jesse cautiously opens the second door. (middle door)

(and yes, I remember that you told me it "looked" locked)

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-11-28, 03:49 AM
I look through the hole in the center door to try to see what's inside.

gunnar11
2012-11-28, 05:15 PM
Morbon

The sound of the chime echoes through the hall. You wait for a moment, but nothing seems to happen

Alistair

While the left room still shines bright, the darkness on the right room seems to be lifted!
Inside the room, you see nothing but a single lever on the wall.

Tom

You step into the room and activate your mask. You still can see nothing.

Irian

You go back to the bright room and close the door. As expected, the other room instantly becomes dark again. Opening the door again, you go inside the other room and inspect it. It is a 20 by 50 feet room, and on the site opposite of the door (after walking 50 feet) you inspect the lever. The lever seems to be a wooden lever, without anything special on it.
Currently, the lever is on it's upper position. It can only move down. The rest of the stone room is empty.

Jesse

You pull at the door with all your might, but it doesn't budge, not a single inch.

Katherine

You can't see a thing

Nightpenguin
2012-11-28, 06:18 PM
DM only:
Irian pulls the lever. (Should I make the saving throw now or later? :smallwink:)

Soliloquy
2012-12-01, 09:24 PM
No doors open?
Then I try the left door.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-12-02, 01:41 AM
Well having exhausted most of my choices in the hall, I open the door with the bright light, and step in.

OMG PONIES
2012-12-02, 09:14 PM
Alistair draws near to the lever, but arches his eyebrows in curiosity before pulling it. He instead looks around the device, hoping to see if there are any nasty surprises that lay in wait.

[roll0]

blade artist
2012-12-02, 11:33 PM
Last option, Jesse will try to open up the third and final door (door on the right)

gunnar11
2012-12-05, 11:04 AM
Irian:

The lights suddenly go out. You hear some grinding noises, but nothing happens to you. The moment the grounds stop shaking, you're absolutely sure: You're in complete darkness again.

Morbon:

You abruptly slam the door closed after opening it. The intense light that emanated from the left room didn't give you any possibility to look into it. It was the brightest light ever seen.

Katherine:

You have to close your eyes while walking in the room. You can take 5 steps before you notice there's stairs. I'd advice you not to go on the stairs, it's quite dangerous.

Alistair:

You notice nothing out of the ordinary, and as such, you decide to pull the lever. Suddenly, the room goes dark again. The floor begins to tremble, and you hear some grinding movement. Everything settles again, and you're in this darkness. What do you do?

Jesse:

You notice nothing. At least: nothing to see.
The room is in complete darkness, and even using your darkvision or other equipment lets you see nothing at all.

Nightpenguin
2012-12-05, 06:46 PM
DM only:
Irian activates her ring of invisibility and carefully makes her way back toward the door.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-12-05, 08:13 PM
Do the stairs lead up or down? Regardless of which way they do I turn around and check the other room of darkness for stairs as well. Also, in the room of darkness, does my daylight spell light anything up or is it still pitch black?

OMG PONIES
2012-12-07, 01:02 PM
The trembling of the ground gives Alistair pause. He thinks back on all the storybooks he had read as an infant--he had always been advanced--and remembered the tales of adventurers swallowed up by traps. Determined not to wind up in a storybook of his own, Alistair relies on his Summon Elemental ability to summon an earth elemental to take the lead for him in going back across the darkened room. He waits to see if the creature is able to cross safely and, if so, follows the same path.

jojolagger
2012-12-07, 01:33 PM
Tom begins to grope about inside the dark room, taking all the time he needs to search every inch of the room by hand.

Soliloquy
2012-12-09, 08:23 AM
I open the door to the darkness, and then the door to the light.

gunnar11
2012-12-13, 06:49 AM
Irian:

From now on I need you to be real specific about what movement you make (in steps)
Irian notices, after taking three steps, that she encounters a wall that wasn't there before

Katherine:

You notice the dark room has no stairs.
Your daylight spell, though, doesn't work one bit.

Alistair:

You perform the gestures and chants needed to cast an Earth Elemental. But nothing happens.
That's weird, you were sure you had cast one...

Tom:

You get down on all fours and begin to search the room. It's the most tiresome task you've done in all your life, but after searching for about 2 hours, you find one small thing: a lever on the wall

Morbon:

Your plan works! The chamber filled with darkness is now clear as day. Inside it, you see only one thing: On the opposite wall is a small lever.

jojolagger
2012-12-13, 10:21 AM
Flip Lever.

OMG PONIES
2012-12-13, 02:17 PM
Alistair's bottom lip quivers as he begins to sob. What was the point in being in Advanced Magics if they wouldn't even let him use magic on this stupid test? Suddenly, he found himself missing his classmates, though he had just met them. He longed to hide behind Mister Tom's leg, or laugh at the little fox person. Buck up, son, he heard his father's voice lecturing him, no such thing as a namby-pamby hero. With determination, he sucks the snot back into his nose and bites his bottom lip to cease it's trembling. Hugging the wall, Alistair slowly makes his way back to the hallway.

Nightpenguin
2012-12-13, 03:55 PM
DM only:
Irian walks back 3 steps (15 ft?) to the lever, then begins slowly following along that wall toward the right, testing the ground in front, until something other than wall is found, or something potentially threatening is sensed.

OOC:
I assume this is the metagamey bit.

Soliloquy
2012-12-13, 06:10 PM
Yes! I open the middle door.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-12-13, 06:22 PM
I slowly fly up to to the top of the room of darkness to see how tall it is. After finding this out I go to the room of light and do the same. Also, how wide is the hallway that the three doors are in?

blade artist
2012-12-14, 12:44 AM
dang forgot to post

Jesse opens the door with the blinding light, keeping the door to darkness open and her eyes shut. Then she steps back to see if anything has happened to the locked door or the mysterious hallway.

gunnar11
2013-01-14, 06:26 PM
Tom:

The little light you had coming from the door, now disappears and you hear some grinding. Then, the room is quiet again, and the herefore perceived rumbling stops.

Alistair:

Hugging the wall, you keep moving forward, and with each step you think you're getting closer. At some point, though, you notice the walls are becoming warmer. HAven't you been here before?

Irian:

OOC: IT's fine

Irian moves along the wall, taking careful steps each time. This plan is bound to succeed, but after 15 minutes or so, Irian notices the walls becoming a little bit warmer. Wasn't she here before?

Morbon:

The middle door won't open one bit

Katherine:

Flying is possible, though in the dark room you see nothing (it's dark), and in the light room, your eyes get blinded by the intensity of the light

Jesse:

The plan works!
The darkness is dispelled, and the right room is fully lit now. Inside, you only see one thing: a lever, on exactly the opposite side of the room

OMG PONIES
2013-01-14, 08:36 PM
Sorry, I'm confused. Did Alistair make it back to the hallway?

jojolagger
2013-01-15, 01:45 AM
Tom will leave the dark room and search through the bright room for a similar lever. Should he find one, he flips it too.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2013-01-15, 02:10 AM
When I said 'see' I didn't mean with my eyes. My spell gives me a flight speed of 60ft (good). With this I can ascend straight up at a rate of 30ft per round. What I mean is how many rounds does it take me to get to the ceiling. Also, you didn't answer how long the hall is between the darkness room and the light room.

Nightpenguin
2013-01-15, 06:42 PM
DM only:
Irian abandons the wall and walks randomly until something interesting is found (each time she can make a choice in which way to go, she chooses randomly between any options, besides going back the way she came).

Soliloquy
2013-01-15, 10:30 PM
I go and pull the lever. If nothing apparent happens, I then open the middle door.

blade artist
2013-01-16, 12:28 AM
Jesse will then procede to the end of the room (or try to as I'm sure this isn't a one step puzzle) and pull the switch