PDA

View Full Version : Humble Indie Bundle VI

Volatar
2012-09-18, 12:21 PM
New HIB. http://www.humblebundle.com/

Dustforce, Rochard, Shatter, S.P.A.Z., Torchlight, Vessel.

CarpeGuitarrem
2012-09-18, 08:06 PM
Dunno what I'll do with all those games, but I know that Torchlight's gotta be worth that price, at least.

Tebryn
2012-09-18, 10:40 PM
Torchlight is awesome but you're better off getting it free and buying Torchlight 2 before the Pre-Release offer is still going. It's the only thing on that bundle that's worth it.

endoperez
2012-09-19, 01:23 AM
Torchlight is awesome but you're better off getting it free and buying Torchlight 2 before the Pre-Release offer is still going. It's the only thing on that bundle that's worth it.

The only thing on that bundle that's worth a few cents? :smalleek:

Yeah, I disagree.

Torchlight might be the only game on the bundle worth, say, 15 $. But this is a Humble Bundle. A game would have to be very crappy indeed to not be worth a fraction of a dollar.

Tebryn
2012-09-19, 01:39 AM
I'm aware how the bundles work, but I also know how hard it is to make a game. I'd never just give them a few cents. I'm sure they're happy just playing their games, I know I am, but ya know...their time and giving me something to enjoy is worth at least three dollars a game. Torchlight is certainly worth more than 3 dollars, I paid full price for it on Steam.

endoperez
2012-09-19, 11:18 AM
I'm aware how the bundles work, but I also know how hard it is to make a game. I'd never just give them a few cents. I'm sure they're happy just playing their games, I know I am, but ya know...their time and giving me something to enjoy is worth at least three dollars a game. Torchlight is certainly worth more than 3 dollars, I paid full price for it on Steam.

You phrased your original post in a way that implies the games in bundle, other than Torchlight, are nearly worthless. Since you know how hard it is to make a game, I find this unexcusable.

Hopefully I'm just misinterpreting you somehow.

Also, in this particular case, even if you only pay a dollar, the event generates income and publicity out of proportion of what the games are normally worth, especially late in the release cycle. A thousand drops make a river.

Forbiddenwar
2012-09-19, 03:14 PM
Frankly, I'm surprised how big FTL is, while SPAZ languishes.
If you don't buy the bundle for torchlight, by it for spaz.

factotum
2012-09-19, 03:39 PM
Frankly, I'm surprised how big FTL is, while SPAZ languishes.

FTL and SPAZ are utterly different games, so why compare them? Besides, if you want truly awesome top-down 2D space combat, get Starfarer, it's far better for that than SPAZ is.

Volatar
2012-09-19, 04:02 PM
FTL and SPAZ are utterly different games, so why compare them? Besides, if you want truly awesome top-down 2D space combat, get Starfarer, it's far better for that than SPAZ is.

Starfarer is far from release.

factotum
2012-09-20, 01:43 AM
Starfarer is far from release.

So is SPAZ, albeit in the other direction...which is another point, actually, FTL is more popular right now because it's only just been released whereas SPAZ has been out for years.

Don't get me wrong here, SPAZ is a good game and I've finished it twice (once while it was still in alpha release), but I certainly wouldn't rate it above Torchlight.

Volatar
2012-09-20, 09:32 AM
I personally got (precisely) 10 times the game time out of SPAZ than I did Torchlight. I would rate it higher myself. :smallsmile: