PDA

View Full Version : History of Eberron

Invader
2012-09-18, 07:40 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a good history of Eberron to print out and give to my PC's that aren't familiar with the setting? They don't need to know every fact just the basics anyone would know if that's the works they live in. I'm trying to avoid going through the ECS and writing my own because it would take way to long.

Than
2012-09-18, 07:52 PM
This link was written for the purpose of Dungeons and Dragons Online players but all of the information is based purely off the book version of Eberron (as the game is as well).

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=122272

Very little of the information is about the continent of Khorvaire though. Having them actually read the ECS would help too. Another important item to remind them (and yourself!) is that creature alignment does not follow the normal listings in the monster manuals. Chromatic dragons are no longer automagically evil. Metallic no longer always good. Outsiders still keep their alignments but the above link mentions that.

EDIT: That's what I get for listening to pandora while typing.

Jeff the Green
2012-09-18, 07:54 PM
Metallica no longer always good.

Well, yeah, but we knew that already. :smalltongue:

The Player's Guide to Eberron is nice to look over too, particularly if you'd prefer the players not know about e.g. the true nature of the Blood of Vol.

Invader
2012-09-18, 08:08 PM
This link was written for the purpose of Dungeons and Dragons Online players but all of the information is based purely off the book version of Eberron (as the game is as well).

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=122272

Very little of the information is about the continent of Khorvaire though. Having them actually read the ECS would help too. Another important item to remind them (and yourself!) is that creature alignment does not follow the normal listings in the monster manuals. Chromatic dragons are no longer automagically evil. Metallica no longer always good. Outsiders still keep their alignments but the above link mentions that.

This has a lot of good information but I'm looking for more of an abridged history of Eberron. Having them just read the whole ECS kind of defeats the purpose of having something to give to them. I just want something that allows them to not be completely in the dark when it comes to Eberron's history. Also the majority of the campaign with take place in Khorvaire so info on that area is going to be fairly important.

Big Fau
2012-09-19, 01:06 AM
The ECS has a timeline that makes this nice and easy.

hoverfrog
2012-09-19, 05:43 AM
The Last War is probably all that most people in the world would know much about. Who fought my nation, what happened to Cyre, where have all these metal and wooden men come from, what races live nearby and what do I think of them, what do the dragonmarked houses actually do, what's that flying ship up there in the sky and why do they always empty their chamber pots over my house?

Invader
2012-09-19, 07:31 PM
The Last War is probably all that most people in the world would know much about. Who fought my nation, what happened to Cyre, where have all these metal and wooden men come from, what races live nearby and what do I think of them, what do the dragonmarked houses actually do, what's that flying ship up there in the sky and why do they always empty their chamber pots over my house?

Yeah just all the big stuff, the different houses, basic geography, etc.