PDA

View Full Version : Graphical Online Roleplaying Games?

konradknox
2012-09-18, 08:49 PM
Does anyone know of any roleplay-enforced in-character online games that have graphics, I.e. where you can walk around, besides Ultima Online shards? I am tired of UO systems and would like to try something new and with more GM enforcement of being in character.

KillianHawkeye
2012-09-20, 05:35 AM
You'd probably get better responses if you posted this in the Gaming (Other) forum, since that is the appropriate place for video game related topics.

Radar
2012-09-20, 08:36 AM
As far as I can tell, there were many roleplaying-heavy servers for Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2, where you had to write a full backstory for your character, which was evaluated before you were allowed on the server. GMs would create custom scenarios for your party and all that jazz.

Unfortunately I can't point any particular server, since the only ones I knew of were non-English and it a few good years ago.

You might also look into MUD territory. Most of them are text-based, but there might be some with graphics as well.

GoblinArchmage
2012-09-21, 01:55 AM
I think that I came across a game that might fit that description recently. I think that it was in its Alpha stage or something. I don't remember what it was though.

I will agree with Neverwinter Nights 2, though.

Psyren
2012-09-21, 04:33 PM
Persistent Worlds (i.e. RP servers) from Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 are your best option. The former is available on Good Old Games for very cheap, while the latter you may have to find a physical copy of. Both can be tricky to get to run on modern systems though.

Balain
2012-09-21, 05:53 PM
EUO (http://euotopia.com) is an online game based on old ultima 5 graphics. I think it's loosely based on sossaria. It's kind of simple but complex if you really get into it.

Rustic Dude
2012-09-21, 07:31 PM
Persistent Worlds (i.e. RP servers) from Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 are your best option. The former is available on Good Old Games for very cheap, while the latter you may have to find a physical copy of. Both can be tricky to get to run on modern systems though.

You can get NWN2 on Steam. Works very well.

nhbdy
2012-09-21, 10:06 PM
There was this old cluncky MMO in beta back in the day that enforced IC RPing... it was called planeshift. Don't know if it's still around, had a lot of cool ideas, but the game needed a lot of polish to really take off, but the community was good (but small) and it had some REALLY cool ideas (like a death dimension that you get sent to when you die, and you actually had to find your way out, sort of like an infernal labyrinth)

GoblinArchmage
2012-09-24, 12:34 AM
There was this old cluncky MMO in beta back in the day that enforced IC RPing... it was called planeshift. Don't know if it's still around, had a lot of cool ideas, but the game needed a lot of polish to really take off, but the community was good (but small) and it had some REALLY cool ideas (like a death dimension that you get sent to when you die, and you actually had to find your way out, sort of like an infernal labyrinth)

That was the game I was talking about. Me being the dumbass that I am, I didn't see that it was in my favorites folder. I haven't played it myself, but it looks like the makers still update it, so I imagine it still has a playerbase.