PDA

View Full Version : What spell should I get?

Tychris1
2012-09-18, 10:12 PM
I'm currently in a campaign in which I'm playing a necromantically inclined Dragon (here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13688236&postcount=938)) and am currently at level 4. At the pace I feel the campaign will go I think I can get to level 7 quickly and as of such I need to pick out a spell (which will turn into a spell like ability) that will help in my undead squad making. As of right now I have Corpsecrafter and Nimble Bones as feats, so yes I am heavily rooted in the idea of making a pimp skeleton squad and having them beat the bejesus out of anything in claw reach. I get Animate Dead as a spell like ability so that's already handled, but only being able to use it twice a day is limiting, so I'm wondering of a way to circumvent this (Or just make the undead I already have stronger). Thanks, and while your at it a recommendation on a feat would help to, so far I'm leaning towards Fell Animate/Destructive retribution.

(PS: All source books by WotC are allowed)

killianh
2012-09-18, 11:04 PM
I would say either spectral hand or undead lieutenant for that level. IIRC there is a spell that turns any undead you make into CLd6 bombs when they die that's level 3. might be higher though

Flickerdart
2012-09-18, 11:19 PM
You're thinking of the feat Destruction Retribution. Great feat, I recommend it heartily.

Would the SLA you get be usable at will?

Tychris1
2012-09-18, 11:24 PM
Yes, it would be usable at will.

Flickerdart
2012-09-18, 11:32 PM
If you really do raise more than 4*CL HD of undead per day on a regular basis, it might be worth using your SLA on it. Even at higher levels, Animate Dead is really the staple dead-raising spell.