PDA

View Full Version : MAC and dosbox

Balain
2012-09-18, 10:44 PM
It's been years since I used a mac. actually last time I used a mac it was still called an apple macintosh. Anyways I just got a macbook pro and thought I would try dosbox on it to goof around with some old games.

Dosbox seems to work okay, but when I go to full screen mode.....Well it does go to full screen mode except the game is in the bottom left corner and abut 60% or more of the screen is black. Changing the resolution doesn't seem to help at all. Any one have any ideas or experience with dosbox on a mac?

Trazoi
2012-09-18, 10:56 PM
I use DOSBox frequently on my Mac without problems, but I can't remember if I had to do anything when setting it up. My guess is there's something odd with the configuration file (Dosbox.conf (http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Dosbox.conf)), and if you play around with the settings you'll figure out how to fix it.

(I doubt this is the problem but as a note: Macs don't have DirectX so you can't use the ddraw setting, use OpenGL instead).

Balain
2012-09-18, 11:36 PM
i switched to opengl and that totally worked. Thank you very much.

Couldn't find the config file with the guy but I did find it using the terminal. Have to play with the settings see why some folders/files are hidden.