PDA

View Full Version : Weather Based PRC's?

silverwolfer
2012-09-19, 10:24 AM
Hey all,

So I got stuck making a sea kin character from races of destiny, and am thinking about going spirit shaman + stormlord for some interesting melee focused abilities.

I was wondering what folks had thoughts on other prc's with fun tools, that revolved around the weather.

LanSlyde
2012-09-19, 10:33 AM
Hey all,

So I got stuck making a sea kin character from races of destiny, and am thinking about going spirit shaman + stormlord for some interesting melee focused abilities.

I was wondering what folks had thoughts on other prc's with fun tools, that revolved around the weather.

Well, you could, but I've personally wanted to try out Silva's Tempest Warlord.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12624506&postcount=5

Diovid
2012-09-19, 10:59 AM
Air Elemental Savant from Complete Arcane (combined with a homebrew Electricity version of the Searing Spell feat)? Skypledged from Races of the Wild? Stormcaster from Stormwrack?

In addition there are a few prcs which list suggestions for Air/Electricity/Weather-based adaptions you could look at such as the Earth Dreamer and Stonespeaker Guardian prcs from Races of Stone.

Hikarizu
2012-09-19, 11:05 AM
Have you considered classes from Stormwrack?

From the beginning of the book:

Stormwrack examines the perils and wonders of maelstrom adventures—that is, adventuring on or in the water, from ocean-spanning voyages to quests across the seas of the Outer Planes.

Stormwrack is not just a book about sailing ships and seafaring campaigns but also about the hazards and challenges of all sorts of watery environments.
Namely the Sea Witch, Stormcaster and Wavekeeper PrC.

Piggy Knowles
2012-09-19, 12:43 PM
My favorite weather-based PrC, especially for melee characters, is Storm Sentry from Dragonmarked.

Full BAB, and it progresses all the abilities of the Storm dragonmark (which is one of my favorite dragonmarks). It can be entered by level 4, and gives you a bunch of new options for your storm-themed dragonmarks, especially Gust of Wind.

That Storm mark, by the way, is really fun. Gust of Wind is a cool SLA to have, and you get a ton of uses with the Storm Sentry PrC. For your lesser mark, you can get either Sleet Storm - a cool BFC spell on its own - or Wind's Favor, which will make all of your other abilities that much better. And then the real kicker comes in with the greater dragonmark, where you get to choose between Control Winds or Control Weather, both absolutely devastating spells... again, cast as SLAs (meaning standard action, so no ten minute casting time for you)!

It also has probably the single best option from the Dragonmarked Prodigy feat - in general, that feat gives you cool but mostly situational SLAs, but for the Storm mark, it gives you Updraft, which is a pretty awesome spell.

silverwolfer
2012-09-19, 06:14 PM
So I looked at stormwreck, interesting classes, just seem a odd jumble. Fun to rp , but horrible mechanically, although that sound burst sounds very useful, kind of begging for a level one dip to get the ability.

I'll have to look up that dragonmarked