PDA

View Full Version : Dc Universe Online

Hopeless
2012-09-19, 03:02 PM
So decided to try this out and so far have deleted two characters because I didn't think they were up to scratch then redid the second as my new first character and she's now in Gotham trying to get past the Scarecrow introduction.

I think she's been killed about once per level she has so far at least 3 by villains including one with a clown face with what looks like a minion and a Lex Luthor-like villain with blades who seemingly just dragged my character out of the air and down to the ground...

Still a bit stunned but I did get warned about being targetted.

So those of you playing this, how do you like it?

Maybe dressing her all in red was a bad idea!:smallredface:

Ogremindes
2012-09-19, 05:25 PM
It's a fun enough game, I play it from time to time, though never past the 1-30.

Hopeless
2012-09-20, 12:57 PM
I originally planned for her to be mentored by Wonder Woman but really wanted to swap out hand blasts for martial arts except I can't get over those horrible hand weapons they give them.

Changed to Batman and boy when I go to create the 2nd character I can't help wondering how Metropolis will work out in comparison?

Seen Faust at work so not so sure if its actually easier perhaps a better description is clearer... really should have seen that coming given it is Gotham...:smallbiggrin:

Now I have three important quests to fufill before starting on the 2nd character, the first is to find a fedora, the trenchcoat I locked once past the tutorial, the fourth world brazier was one thing but trenchcoat is a must!
I'm thinking Carmen Sandiego if you're wondering please correct me if I'm wrong about the Harry Dresden hatware!:smallwink:

The second is then changing the colour of the outfit to black... reminiscient of Smallville's Red and Blue Blur becoming simply the Blur and finally getting hold of light powers well that last one isn't necessary but I was hoping to have the 2nd character have that particular power set well the ability to create gatling guns was very interesting of course originally that character was heading for Gotham so would have been fear based if I read this properly but thats even if I get that far!

So Fedora first, change costume colour second and I'll work on the rest later... very much later given how many times I've been shot down so far!:smallredface:

Oh I really like that purple colour as shown by Purple Blaze might try that as an option but first fedora then the black outfit, it is Gotham after all!:smalleek:

Might actually get shot by the heroes this time!:smallwink:

Jonzac
2012-09-22, 10:27 PM
You can go to the style section and never show any hand weapons for martial arts...for any piece of equipment you get you can pick its visual representation.

Pretty sure you can change to black from there as well..just increase or lower the saturation.

Triscuitable
2012-09-22, 10:43 PM
You can go to the style section and never show any hand weapons for martial arts...for any piece of equipment you get you can pick its visual representation.

Pretty sure you can change to black from there as well..just increase or lower the saturation.

Yup. If you like the appearance of an item you've got, you'll keep it in your customization options. If you don't want that item to change when you equip something, you just click the "lock" button. It's how I manage to keep my character's hoodie and jeans from being changed to something stupid. It's also how I go cape-less.

Also notable: go with an acrobat. I went speedster, and after seeing what the acrobat gets at level 10 (grappling hook!), I wish I went with that instead of speedster. It just makes sense for my character (it would have blended better). I believe I'm level 18-ish? I dunno, I uninstalled it after a while.

ThiagoMartell
2012-09-24, 01:40 AM
DCUO is the only MMO I play. I never got to level 30 (though I do have a defender around level 22), but what I like the most is exploring (the scenarios are all pretty cool) and getting to team up with Nightwing to beat Bane, that kind of stuff.
I just can't pick any movement mode other than acrobatics. It's just so much more cool. I tried superspeed when I bought the Flash DLC (never tried it before because the lightning around your feet with no other lightning powers annoyed me), but acrobatics just looks a lot cooler.
From time to time I try to get my healer with electrical powers to work, but I think my favorite character is one I deleted - martial arts/ice/acrobatics. Loved all those mechanics to pull a target towards you and freezing people on duels and throwing them half a city away was just so much fun. However, to be actually effective you need to use those ice form powers and that sucks. I worked hard on my costume, I want to see it!

I actually like hand blasters. The animations are pretty cool and it works well both in melee and ranged (I like melee, but in the endgame it's hard to justify it if you're not a tank).

Well, look at how much I rambled. :smallredface: