PDA

View Full Version : Anime Remix IC

Pages : [1] 2

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-19, 06:17 PM
It was the last period of class at Ryoo High School, Tech Class, the favorite class for many students since it was essentially a free period. Jessica Shiryou, the teacher, sat at her desk up front, tapping keys quickly, giving the entire room a constant tapping noise. She looks a lot like Revy from Black Lagoon (including clothing) except her hair is put into a single braid.

The desks were arranged in a U-shape. Students are allowed to choose their seats and use the computers for whatever they want, as long as they don't download any viruses or look at anything illegal.

Mrs. Izumi is actually sitting in on the class, but she's absorbed with a Manga she's reading, likely as not she just came here for some peace and quiet while she read. The students are all relaxed, no one is nervous about the principle or teacher, they're the most relaxed Staff in the school.

(You can start with some RP if you want)

Astro_sol
2012-09-19, 06:40 PM
His fingers idly tapped his desk as his face sat propped on his left hand. He would have been leaning back, but at least keeping forward made it look like he was doing something useful on the computer. His eyes were on the computer screen, but he didn't see it; his mind was elsewhere, running in alleys and climbing onto roofs to run around.

Donovan O'Sullivan was bored.

He turned to the boy next to him. Ishida Hisoka. He was completely absorbed into his computer; he must have found some new articles about ghosts or something. Eh.

He looked over to Vance. Nah, he didn't have the energy for that. Vance took a completely different type of effort than any kind of running around.

That left Lyn. He leaned back in his desk to get a better angle. "Oi. What're you doing this afternoon?

Elbeyon
2012-09-19, 07:57 PM
That left Lyn. He leaned back in his desk to get a better angle. "Oi. What're you doing this afternoon?

Lyn's in her own little world, listening to some of her favorite music. When she hears a familiar voice, she looks over at Odin and moves her headphones down to the base of her neck. Music still loud in her ears, "Nothing, dad's taking care of the shop tonight. Lets do something alright.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-19, 08:33 PM
Vance was using his time on the computer to do his homework. He felt that he had to use his time in something productive. He imagined the others were busy doing the same with the exception of Donovan. He assumed Donovan was playing a game on a site.

Astro_sol
2012-09-19, 08:40 PM
Lyn's in her own little world, listening to some of her favorite music. When she hears a familiar voice, she looks over at Odin and moves her headphones down to the base of her neck. Music still loud in her ears, "Nothing, dad's taking care of the shop tonight. Lets do something alright.

He gave his friend a nod. Good. Urbexing loved company. "I was thinking about changing up my usual path. Wanna see if there's any interesting spots in town. Know of anywhere interesting?"

Elbeyon
2012-09-19, 08:52 PM
He gave his friend a nod. Good. Urbexing loved company. "I was thinking about changing up my usual path. Wanna see if there's any interesting spots in town. Know of anywhere interesting?"

The music kept at lyns ears, "Yeah I know this great place, saw it a couple days ago. Looked like it gots a basement and everything. Lets check it out."

Astro_sol
2012-09-19, 09:30 PM
The music kept at lyns ears, "Yeah I know this great place, saw it a couple days ago. Looked like it gots a basement and everything. Lets check it out."

"Awesome. We'll meet up at the school entrance, let's say five minutes after sweet freedom." Odin looked up at the computer clock. He opened up the analog clock, just to watch the hands click. The only games worth playing on the machine were Solitaire and Minesweeper. If he wanted to game, the flatscreen back at the apartment would do wonders. But he was getting that itch again.

If there were one feeling in the world that Odin couldn't stand, it was the inanity of sitting for hours on end in this prison. It made his legs itch. Gym was only a minor escape, as Coach Kazeshiro didn't let them run enough. He always made them do all the exercises first, and that took forever. Odin wanted out.

Elbeyon
2012-09-19, 09:53 PM
"Awesome. We'll meet up at the school entrance, let's say five minutes after sweet freedom."

Lyn presses her lips together and releases a popping noise, "Sure." As odin goes back to his business she puts her headphones back on and unpauses her show.

CatClovis
2012-09-19, 10:11 PM
Tech class, Hisoka's favorite class. The only time during the school day when he is free to read. Today, he is reading about the Dragon's Triangle; something that he has read before but that still fascinates him. The particular article he is reading is recent, yet another ship has been claimed the mysterious section of ocean to the east of Japan. He nods off a little, lost in thoughts about sea spirits and the vast, unknowable ocean.

Astro_sol
2012-09-19, 10:15 PM
As he got back to his computer, Odin noticed Hisoka starting to nod off.

"Oi, oi, oi, dude. Wake up. We've got plans, meet up at the entrance after school. We might have found someplace cool to hang out."

CatClovis
2012-09-19, 10:33 PM
Suddenly snapped out of his introspection, Hisoka turns to Donny. What.
Donny is usually good company but Hisoka was just interrupted in the middle of a particularly brilliant and insightful theory connecting both the Bermuda Triangle and The Dragon's Triangle.

Astro_sol
2012-09-20, 05:50 AM
Suddenly snapped out of his introspection, Hisoka turns to Donny. What.
Donny is usually good company but Hisoka was just interrupted in the middle of a particularly brilliant and insightful theory connecting both the Bermuda Triangle and The Dragon's Triangle.

Odin narrowed his eyes at his friend, though his mouth was still slightly smirking from talking with Lyn. "Aw, crankyface. What're you so upset over?" He leaned over to look at his screen. "Dragon's Triangle. What is that crap? Naw, don't answer it, just meet up after school."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-20, 07:41 AM
Vance has just finished his homework for the day. He then notices Donovan talking with Hisoka and gets a litte suspicious. Was what he planning to do? "So guys, doing anything after school? "

Astro_sol
2012-09-20, 07:47 AM
Vance has just finished his homework for the day. He then notices Donovan talking with Hisoka and gets a litte suspicious. Was what he planning to do? "So guys, doing anything after school? "

Interrupted from his forcing Hisoka to accompany them, Odin leaned his head back. "Yeah. We're going for a, er, walk."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-20, 08:02 AM
"Great! I love walks. Just finished doing homework so I am free to go whenever you are." Vance said as he already was invited. He didnt even wait for an answer before turning back to the screen of the computer.

Astro_sol
2012-09-20, 08:05 AM
"Great! I love walks. Just finished doing homework so I am free to go whenever you are." Vance said as he already was invited. He didnt even wait for an answer before turning back to the screen of the computer.

"Well, uh, yeah, we're walking, but...you're already ignoring me, wonderful." The Irish boy lay his head in his hands, sighing deeply. Well so much for a relaxing afternoon. He pulled up Minesweeper and started randomly clicking the boxes.

CatClovis
2012-09-20, 11:36 AM
Odin narrowed his eyes at his friend, though his mouth was still slightly smirking from talking with Lyn. "Aw, crankyface. What're you so upset over?" He leaned over to look at his screen. "Dragon's Triangle. What is that crap? Naw, don't answer it, just meet up after school."
Hisoka stares at his friend before nodding and turning back to his computer.
He's going to have to skip baseball practice for this, but walks with Donny and Lyn are always worth it.
He tries to resume his train of thought but quickly gives up and stares out the window.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-20, 02:28 PM
The typing that had permeated the room stops, then a single click, and the room is practically filled with a very loud:

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Which causes Mrs. Izumi and several students to freak out for a moment, startled. Then the bell rings. Classes were over for the day. And tomorrow was a day off.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-20, 02:44 PM
Vance is typing in his chair when a loud scream is made by the teacher. Surprised, he fells backwards of his chair and lands on the floor with his feet up. "Why does Miss Jessica is always so....unpredictable?" He wondered as he stood back with a little pain the back.

Astro_sol
2012-09-20, 02:51 PM
Odin, to put it simply, was unprepared.

"****!" escaped his lips as he leaped onto his desk, crouched and ready to sprint from the room. What kind of demon could shout like that?

Evidently, Ms. Shiryou was quite capable, and more. Feeling eyes on him, Odin squinted his eyes and decided to just roll with it. "Sorry ma'am, ready to go you know, places to be, what?" With that, he grabbed his pack and hopped off his desk, grateful for his nimble nature as he maneuvered his legs around his computer. Even though it wasn't that large of a class, it had enough people cramped together that the Irish boy was feeling a tightness in his chest. He craved open air. "See you outside," he called to Lyn and Hisoka, hurrying to move ahead of the end day rush.

Elbeyon
2012-09-20, 03:02 PM
Lyns initially jumps at the loud shouting, but her reaction is replaced with an angry mutter before she can even finish her initial jump. Practically out of her seat already she unplugs her headphones and grabs her stuff. As odin hurries out of the door and away, she moves towards the downed Vance, "Hurry up doofus." She starts setting up her headphones and music player, putting the headphones on when shes done.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-20, 03:39 PM
Jess starts laughing, "oh god, your reactions were hilarious!" she manages to say through her laughter, "class dismissed, have a good day off guys, anyone needs help with anything computer related, you know where to find me."

Everyone starts leaving the room now that their initial shock is over.

CatClovis
2012-09-20, 03:42 PM
Hisoka cringed at the sudden noise, though after realizing what it meant, quickly gathered his things and left, only pausing to smile slightly at Vance who was getting up off the floor. He then hurried up to try and catch Odin. "Why does he feel the need to run out so fast everyday?", he wonders to himself.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-20, 04:05 PM
A wide and mischiveous smile appeared on his face as back got himself up. "Another day finished. I better hurry if I dont want them to leave me behind." He then gets out of the classroom.

Astro_sol
2012-09-20, 04:56 PM
Sweet freedom. Odin figured that he’d already gotten the embarrassment ball rolling, so there wasn’t any point in trying to look suave. He was the first to break out of the classroom, not actually running but walking fast enough that it didn’t matter. He unconsciously sidled past other students leaving their classes, never slowing down. He kept one hand on his pack, which was more or less his portable locker. It was full of papers and notebooks that were in no particular order, with a few scraps stuck in the zipper. While it was a pain to sort through at the apartment, it let him get in and out of school just a little bit faster, and that was what was important.

His black jacket splayed open as he sped up all of a sudden and vaulted down the stairs, keeping a hand out to grab the rail in case he wiped out. He made sure to land on the balls of his feet, keeping his forward momentum as he touched down. It was a bit of a ritual, now; he had a set path straight to the front, but he had to move quickly before the halls really got packed. He ran his free hand through his black hair, which was more of a tic than anything; it was coarse and thick, and pretty much stayed in a permanent tussled state. His white undershirt was in the same predicament, wrinkled from exposure to whipping air from Odin’s many jumps and runs.

And there it was. The front doors. Odin didn’t bother saying “excuse me” or anything else as he couldn’t help but bump into a few other students just as eager to escape. A beam of light pierced through the open barriers as a lucky few kids earned the right for the first to escape. Odin wasn’t far behind, though, and very nearly jumped over the boundary that marked both prison and freedom.

“Aaaaaaaaaah!” he exhaled as he stepped into fresh air, the stale smell of air conditioning giving way to a more pleasant scent. The only thing he could hear was the rush of a breeze outside; the cacophony of voices leaking from the school were drowned out by his enthusiasm for the outdoors. The boy slowed down to let the others catch up, and came to a stop at the gates. He didn’t let his bag down as he leaned back against the fence on the side of the gate, keeping an eye on the front doors of the school. He pulled out a quarter and started idly flipping it in his free hand.

Elbeyon
2012-09-20, 05:05 PM
As Vance stands up her music starts blaring before he can respond and she makes her way out of the room. It's near a clear shoot towards her locker, anyone thats in her way moves out of the way. Her reputation at the school was anything but good, and the brighter than average students here didn't mix to well with her. At her locker she switches out her shoes and grabs some gum she'd stashed earlier. She plops in a piece and starts making her way out towards the school entrance.

She pushes the schools main doors open and steps out into the light. Her dirty blond hair reflecting a strand of light here and there. She didn't need to change out of her school uniform because she wasn't wearing one, she had a solid black drill coat on with a white t-shirt underneath. He headphones loudly played her favorite band's music, the Maximum BEAT t-shirt advertising it to all. She let her eyes adjust and set her focus towards the school gate, just as expected Odin was waiting on her. She blew a bubble till it popped, "Oi, why'd you keep me waiting.

Astro_sol
2012-09-20, 05:45 PM
"Oi, why'd you keep me waiting.

Odin kept flipping his quarter as he glanced at his friend. "Why are you too slow? You should be careful, you'll get fat if you keep this up." He ruined it with a smirk that he couldn't keep hidden. Verbal sparring with Lyn was almost as fun as actual sparring.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-20, 05:51 PM
As soon as Vance is outside the room, he stretches to wake himself up. He then starts to walk down the hallway while greeting everyone he meets on his way with a wide smile. He gets attention from many of the classmates, its always been like that. He didnt mind much the attention but sometimes it becaming annoying, especially when he wanted to be left alone.

He finally arrives at his locker. He opens it to see himself in a mirror on the door and a small flood of letters. His locker is full of drawing of heroes created by Vance. He can see his black hair which he blows way with his mouth and gets to see his brown cute puppy like eyes and partially his green hoodie and black shirt underneath. He bends down to grab the letters that lie besides his green baggy pants and black and white sneakers.

He then neatly puts them inside his backpack. He then grabs his red backpack and prepares to leave. It was then that felt the gently touch of the dog tag on his neck, a gift from his parent George. He wanted to become like his father and be a hero one day himself. He walks down the stairs and there he sees Odin and Lyn waiting. He waves his hand up.

He starts walking into them when he remembers he forgot to close his locker. He gives a facepalm to himself leaving his face red. But decides to leave it as it is. Afterall, he brought most of his belongings with him.

Elbeyon
2012-09-20, 06:04 PM
Odin kept flipping his quarter as he glanced at his friend. "Why are you too slow? You should be careful, you'll get fat if you keep this up." He ruined it with a smirk that he couldn't keep hidden. Verbal sparring with Lyn was almost as fun as actual sparring.

"Ha, Like thats possible. Just because your antsy as hell doesn't make everyone else slow." Lyn slugs him on his upper arm then takes puts her back to the wall, taking a leaning position. "Speaking of slow people.", Lyn answers Vance's wave with the repeat short jerky motion of her hand moving back and forth.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-20, 06:20 PM
Lyn answers Vance's wave with the repeat short jerky motion of her hand moving back and forth.

Vance smiles as he closes his eyes and gives a gentle smile as a response. He wondered exactly they were going to go. He got even more anxious with every passing minute.

CatClovis
2012-09-20, 06:26 PM
And he was last the last one to leave school, again. Hisoka always takes his time to notice the details around him. He walks out of the school to see Lyn, Odin, and Vance leaning on the front gate. He walks up and, without even saying hello to either Vance or Lyn, says "You didn't say that these two were going. I'm skipping baseball for this."

Astro_sol
2012-09-20, 06:43 PM
Odin looked over the group, ignoring the twinge in his arm where Lyn hit him. Looked like Vance would be coming along. Ah, well. He couldn't keep the kid from walking behind them. Well, he could, but that was way too much effort, and Vance wasn't all that bad. He caught the quarter and flicked the back of Lyn's head.

"Alright, we're all here? Good, good, good, awesome. Well, ladies first," he said, making a sarcastic bow and arm sweep in front of Lyn, motioning outside the gates, still stuck with a grin on his face. He ignored Hisoka's standard complaining.

Elbeyon
2012-09-20, 06:58 PM
Lyn raises an eye brow at Hisoka's statement. Her words filled with a bitterness, "You don't have to come. Its not like we're forcing you." As Odin completed his sarcastic motions, she picks up her voice and announces to the group, "Alright punks! Here's the plan. Instead of one of our usually spots we're heading to a place I found a couple days ago. It looks way better than any of our old crappy spots. The entrance is nice and hidden, with any luck we'll be able to use it for a while before anyone finds out."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-20, 07:14 PM
Vance shrugs off the comment from Hisoka with a brief laugh. He then goes to respond to Lyn´s comment. "An abandoned place? Awesome! Maybe if we look around we will find a super villian´s base hidden underneath. Can you imagine it?" Vance´s eyes start to shine as he imagines the whole thing happening.

Astro_sol
2012-09-20, 07:24 PM
The Irish boy straightened up, adjusting his pack a little.

"Awesome. Careful not to bite each others' heads off, ladies," he said, nodding at Lyn and Hisoka.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-20, 07:52 PM
"Oi! You four!" someone shouts from the school, it's Jessica. She runs over, drawing a few stares from the guys leaving, "I heard you guys talking, and I think I know a place you might like to visit as well. The scrapyard just out of town has some... interesting spots," there's a glint in her eyes, but not the mischievous one she normally has when she's pranking someone. She grins, "I used to take a few runs over there when I was a little younger."

CatClovis
2012-09-20, 07:56 PM
Despite not wanting to get tetanus, Hisoka was interested. "Though, what kind of teacher tells her students to go playing around in a scrapyard?", he wondered. Regardless, the fact that a teacher had a suggestion was enough to make Hisoka quietly listen.

Astro_sol
2012-09-20, 08:09 PM
"Oi! You four!" someone shouts from the school, it's Jessica. She runs over, drawing a few stares from the guys leaving, "I heard you guys talking, and I think I know a place you might like to visit as well. The scrapyard just out of town has some... interesting spots," there's a glint in her eyes, but not the mischievous one she normally has when she's pranking someone. She grins, "I used to take a few runs over there when I was a little younger."

A scrapyard? Mountains of junk, just waiting to be climbed by someone crazy enough to deal with jagged, rusty edge-inflicted wounds? A place that no one gave a crap about?

"Sorry, Lyn," Odin said, stretching his hands above his head until they cracked, raising his pack with them. "It sounds like sensei's found a cool place. I'm in," he said, raising a fist at Jessica.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-20, 08:11 PM
"The scrapyard? Are you sure about this Miss?" Vance asks a little confused about her sudden approach. Still, it could be a great adventure and a better chance of finding that base. "Thanks teacher. We appreciate your suggestion." He replied back trying to remain friendly.

Elbeyon
2012-09-20, 08:18 PM
A scrapyard? Mountains of junk, just waiting to be climbed by someone crazy enough to deal with jagged, rusty edge-inflicted wounds? A place that no one gave a crap about?

"Sorry, Lyn," Odin said, stretching his hands above his head until they cracked, raising his pack with them. "It sounds like sensei's found a cool place. I'm in," he said, raising a fist at Jessica.

"Hey! We can go and see both, we'll check out the scrapyard first then we can go to my place and crash for a while. Well, after we stop by the hospital, there is no way you are coming out of a scrapyard in one piece odin." Lyn puts her elbow on Vance, "Yeah, Thanks teacher. We appreciate your suggestion." She mimicked.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-20, 08:22 PM
"Yep, heard of some interesting rumors about the place, too," she says, then smiles, "and the kind that used to do the exact same thing, Hisoka-san," she says, "I still go there from time to time, I'm friends with the owner of the place, he doesn't mind."

Astro_sol
2012-09-20, 08:25 PM
"Yep, heard of some interesting rumors about the place, too," she says, then smiles, "and the kind that used to do the exact same thing, Hisoka-san," she says, "I still go there from time to time, I'm friends with the owner of the place, he doesn't mind."

Odin couldn't help but arch an eyebrow.

"What kind of rumors, sensei?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-20, 08:30 PM
"Quite a bit, from the owner being an artificer to the spirits of a samurai fighting a ninja to a musician spirit haunting the place at night, playing all the broken instruments. I can tell you the last one has some merit with what I heard last time i went on a night run there," she replies, "Kona-chan," Jess uses her pet name for the principle, "wants to see the samurai ninja one."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-20, 08:30 PM
Lyn puts her elbow on Vance, "Yeah, Thanks teacher. We appreciate your suggestion." She mimicked.

"Lyn, that was bad. You need a lot of practice in the tone." Vance pointed out and then added "If you want, we could try later again. I am sure you will get it eventually."

"I feel better knowing that we arent invading private property." He admited to the teacher. "So, the place is like haunted, really?"

Astro_sol
2012-09-20, 08:35 PM
"Quite a bit, from the owner being an artificer to the spirits of a samurai fighting a ninja to a musician spirit haunting the place at night, playing all the broken instruments. I can tell you the last one has some merit with what I heard last time i went on a night run there," she replies, "Kona-chan," Jess uses her pet name for the principle, "wants to see the samurai ninja one."

Odin blinked. Oh. That was Lyn and Hisoka's stuff, not his.

"Well, it'd be badass to see a...samurai ninja fight," he allowed, trying and failing to keep the disbelief out of his voice. Ah, well, at least Hisoka would be entertained. All Odin needed was to surf some metal. His mind began to wander and he started to stare off into space, imagining the glories of the almighty scrapyard.

Elbeyon
2012-09-20, 08:37 PM
"Whoa", even lyn can't hold back her desire to see if the rumors are true though she said nothing. She didn't want to look silly in front of the group.

CatClovis
2012-09-20, 08:47 PM
"Ooh this is getting good."

"Sensei, are you sure your friend doesn't mind us going?". It didn't even matter what her response was going to be, Hisoka was now dead set out checking the scrapyard and, from the sound of it, so were Vance and Lyn. Odin sounded unsure but he didn't need to go, they would be less likely to get caught if fewer people went.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-20, 08:57 PM
"He's a close friend, just say that I sent ya and he'll let ya run around all ya want," she says, "only thing not allowed is taking anything without permission. He uses a lot of the stuff there, either selling it or making sculptures."

Elbeyon
2012-09-20, 09:00 PM
Just like earlier lyn's voice picks up as she addresses the group, "Alrighty guys! Lets go and check this place out. Sounds like it could be awesome, even if the rumors are just rumors it's still a scrapyard. We could find some useful stuff to put in our new pad, and Odin can buy it for us." Lyn picks up her elbow from Vance's shoulder. "Lets get going!", she shouts with excitement in her voice.

Astro_sol
2012-09-20, 09:04 PM
Just like earlier lyn's voice picks up as she addresses the group, "Alrighty guys! Lets go and check this place out. Sounds like it could be awesome, even if the rumors are just rumors it's still a scrapyard. We could find some useful stuff to put in our new pad, and Odin can buy it for us." Lyn picks up her elbow from Vance's shoulder. "Lets get going!!", she shouts with excitement in her voice.

"Oi! Just throw all the expenses on me, eh? And all because I bought you clothes just one time," Odin countered, but he started trailing off at the end. He honestly didn't really mind. He didn't need much at home, Mom had seen to most of that. "And don't get your panties into a bind, they're just rumors," he said, but couldn't hide his bouncing legs at his excitement at the prospect of exploring a whole scrapyard.

CatClovis
2012-09-20, 09:12 PM
"And don't get your panties into a bind, they're just rumors," he said, but couldn't hide his bouncing legs at his excitement at the prospect of exploring a whole scrapyard.

"Don't say that, I'm pretty sure I've heard something about this place before!" His mind was already running, desperately trying to remember everything he's heard about samurai legends; he couldn't help but put a little bounce in his step.

Elbeyon
2012-09-20, 09:16 PM
Pointing to herself, "Hey I found the place" then at Odin, "You can put in some effort and furnish it. Besides your loaded. You shouldn't complain."

Lyn pulls off a quick slithering move from foot to head as she puts her hand to her ear, "Whats that about panties, Mister Jumpy. Your the one that can barely sit still. It's peaked my interest so we'll check it out, whether the rumors are true or not."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-20, 09:19 PM
Vance was reluctant about believing of ghosts. It wouldnt hurt to take a look.I might even find something of use between the scraps. He wondered why everyone was so excited about some unconfirmed rumor.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-20, 09:27 PM
"Well, I'll leave you to it," Jess says, heading back to the school, "Ja ne."

Elbeyon
2012-09-20, 09:34 PM
"Well come on guys! Don't make me say it again. Lets get going!" With that Lyn starts heading off towards the scrapyard.

Astro_sol
2012-09-20, 09:36 PM
Pointing to herself, "Hey I found the place" then at Odin, "You can put in some effort and furnish it. Besides your loaded. You shouldn't complain."

Lyn pulls off a quick slithering move from foot to head as she puts her hand to her ear, "Whats that about panties, Mister Jumpy. Your the one that can barely sit still. It's peaked my interest so we'll check it out, whether the rumors are true or not."

"You didn't find the scrapyard, sensei did. Let's face it, we all find this awesome, let's go." As she hurried off, he hurried after her.

"Well, I'll leave you to it," Jess says, heading back to the school, "Ja ne."

But not before turning mid-run, without slowing down. "Bye, sensei! I won't forget this!"

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-20, 09:37 PM
"Well, it wouldnt hurt anyone to at least try." Vance replied as he followed Lyn to the scrapyard.

Astro_sol
2012-09-20, 11:57 PM
Odin spaced out as he followed Lyn's flowing hair.

He remembered seeing something about the Scrapyard. It was a documentary. It said something about...Yeah, yeah. I remember now.

He felt his arm twinge from Lyn's hit earlier. Girl didn't know the meaning of restraint. Well, he certainly did. The only hint that he gave that he knew anything about the Scrapyard was gaining his smirk back.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-21, 04:08 PM
You guys go through town rather quickly, the scrapyard wasn't all that far from the school. The place is fenced off with three buldings in front, varying in size, the largest one looks like a garage, the smallest like a house. The middle one, which looks like a workshop, has its lights on and work noises coming from it. The main door is open and you can see a guy using a hammer and a blow torch to bend a piece of sheet metal into shape. You can see a complete set of samurai style armor made of similar sheet metal.

The man is tan skinned and bald, a neatly trimmed beard is visible from the angle you're looking at him. He looks over the metal for a moment, then goes to a machine and uses a machine to flatten out the dings in it, then places it on the sheet metal samurai, showing that he just finished the helmet. It's obvious it's not the usual samurai, it looks like it's been made with an Egyptian motif.

He wipes his hands off on a rag, then turns to look at you, which lets you see his mismatched brown and yellow eyes, "can I help ya, kids?" his voice is accented, but the accent is faded from years of living in Japan.

Elbeyon
2012-09-21, 04:24 PM
Lyn steps forward glancing at the armor before she gives an answer, "Yeah, Jessica told us about this place. She mentioned a lot about some of the rumors here. Stuff like ninjas, artificers, and musical ghosts. So we're here to check it out and buy some crap for our new pad.

Astro_sol
2012-09-21, 05:07 PM
Odin let Lyn finish before clearing his throat.

"I was just wondering if I could run around, is all." He tried to angle his head around to see what would be the best pile of scrap to salvage a makeshift board from. He was destined to surf this scrap. Shouldn't be too dangerous.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-21, 06:04 PM
"I just came here to take a look around. Maybe find something interesting." Vance put his hands behind his head as he took a look around. He still believes the ghost thing is a false.

CatClovis
2012-09-21, 06:55 PM
"Same"
Well, he couldn't remember if he had heard anything about this place, but what Jessica said earlier made Hisoka excited nonetheless.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-21, 07:44 PM
The man looks at you for a second before grinning, "Jessie, eh," he says, "she was here last night," he shakes his head, "I'm Asherati, just call me Ash. You can go in through the door over there, just stick out of my gallery on the right side. At least when I'm not there. Anything you want to buy, just bring it up here and I'll work on a price. If you get hurt, just come here, I can help with most of the scrapes and bruises you're likely to get in there."

He shows you to the door, which seems to have been modified to look like a steampunk vault door, and it even works like one. He pulls a chain and a burst of steam fires off the gears and pistons inside to unlike the door, "Don't ask about the door, it was here before I bought the place."

Astro_sol
2012-09-21, 09:06 PM
The door looked awesome. Odin couldn't help but walk forward and give it a knock, just to hear the clang. Then, without a word, he hauled the door open.

"First come, first serve," he said with a slight grin, and dashed through the door. "I promise not to break anything. Of yours. Hey, Hisoka, follow me! I might show ya something interesting!"

Elbeyon
2012-09-21, 09:39 PM
For a brief moment when Ash smiled Lyn's brow wrinkled every so slightly. As he continued to introduce himself she kept quite, though Odin didn't wait long after he finished to take off. She started after him giving the smith a quick glance as she entered through the door. Her gaze forward and ready to take in the scrapyards sight, "Don't break anything of yours Odin!"

Rolling knowledge (arcane) for the previous check.
[roll0]
And a sense motive on the multi-eye colored Guy.
[roll1]

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-21, 10:33 PM
Vance thanks the man for letting them go in. Vance follows Odin through the door. Compared to Odin, he walks carefully and slowly. He wants to be very careful not to break anything. He decides to check the area nearby for the possibility of getting something of value.

Notice: [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-21, 11:46 PM
As you walk into the scrapyard, you almost immediately see what Jess was talking about. There's scaffolding, platforms on the scrap piles, and several other spots where it's possible to practice Parkour and more. The rest of the piles are mainly just metal items of various natures.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-22, 12:13 AM
Vance´s mouth and eyes get wide open as he saw a small semi transparent creature behind one of the scrap piles. He cant speak a word by the surprise. It cant be, can it? There is no possibe way that ghosts exist, could they? Vance thinks. "A... a... gho.... ghost....." He struggles to say. It looks a little scared as it remains hidden. Vance decides to avoid calling any attention from his friends for the possibility of scaring them. He tries to get a little close.

Astro_sol
2012-09-22, 08:04 AM
He found one. The perfect pile.

"Oi, check this out!" Odin cried as he clambered up the pile of junk. There was a particularly large sheet of scrap that would work well as a board. "I'mma surf down this pile, see?" He made it onto the "board" and began rocking it back and forth, trying to force it down the slope of the scrap pile.

Elbeyon
2012-09-22, 10:20 AM
Lyn was searching through her own scrap pile when she spotted Odin climbing up a large hill. Watching odin from the bottom of the pile, "When you break your neck I'm not going to feel sorry for you!"

CatClovis
2012-09-22, 01:04 PM
Hisoka followed Odin until he started climbing a particularly steep pile of scrap. He could barely keep up with the Irish boy in the first place, "If you think I'm going up there you're crazy."
He walked off on his own through the scrapyard, wondering why he never tried to come here before. The place was old, definitely much older than any of the usual places he went. In the long afternoon shadows, he felt that something was definitely here.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-22, 01:18 PM
Vance
As you walk closer to the ghost, you see a little wing reach for the halo, grab it, and pull it down, if you had to admit it, it was cute. Otherwise, it doesn't make a move, and you can still see it's peeking through the gap in the scrap pile.
Hisoka
As you walk away from the others, you see something odd in one of the other piles. It looks like the hilt of a sword wrapped in dark violet cloth and silver wire. The pommel is an amethyst pendulum on a silver chain. What looks like the sheath barely peeks out from the pile, but you see runes, ones you've never seen before.
Lyn & Odin
As Odin climbs, he finds a piece of scrap that'd make a good makeshift scrapboard. It looks like it was originally the roof of a car.

Lyn manages to spot something else, what looks like a shield is resting near the very top. It's completely pristine, no wear, no tarnish, no scratches, and it is pollished quite brightly, but it doesn't seem to reflect as much light as its mirror surface would suggest.

Astro_sol
2012-09-22, 01:22 PM
Odin found that he could stand with his legs spread perfectly on the rusted hood of an disassembled car. He rocked forward until the hood started to shift.

"**** yeah!" he shouted as he began his treacherous descent.

Rolling Acrobatics to pull this without falling off/crashing. +12 to the roll (+4 Dex, +8 ranks)

[roll0]

+12 = 29.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-22, 01:29 PM
Vance decides to get as close to the ghost as possible believing that the creature doesnt have any evil intent. He still moves slowly to avoid scaring it. As he gets closer to the ghost, he starts to tremble. "...hi..." He says as he raises slightly his right hand.

CatClovis
2012-09-22, 01:50 PM
Hisoka sees what looks what looks like the hilt of a Western-style sword with some strange writing on it. He approaches it to get a better look and reaches out to grab it before stopping himself. He looks around; Vance is nowhere to be seen and Odin appears to be attempting suicide. He carefully grabs the hilt by its cloth wrapping with both hands and slowly pulls the object from the trash heap. "What would this be doing here? How could anyone throw something like this away?"

Elbeyon
2012-09-22, 01:51 PM
Lyn moves over to Odin readying a high-five, "Woah! That was awesome!"

"You know if you did stuff like that more often people might think you were cool." She starts grabbing the hood, "Lets take it back to the top and do that again."

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-22, 02:10 PM
Vance
The ghost makes a quick "eep" noise, before ducking further down, before slowly poking back out at him, "he-hello," it says, waving a wing as if it was a hand, the other holding the gold halo that was over its head earlier. Its voice is soft, quiet.
Hisoka
The sword pulls from the sheathe, and you see why it was discarded, the blade, which looks like a European Broadsword, is snapped partway up the blade, looking like it was cut rather than snapped. It is still almost two feet long and obviously sharp, but it's broken. A number of gold inlaid runes run down the blade and its blade is a dark blue color. Funny thing is, it seems to be, pulsing, at the same pace as your own heart, which seems to be easier to feel since you grabbed the sword.

Now that you're closer, you see that the runes on the sheathe aren't runes, it's a crest of some sort. You also see the rest of the blade inside the sheathe. You recognize the runes on the sword, they're an archaic form of Kanji, but you can't make sense of them, even if you recognize individual parts of it.
Lyn & Odin
When you look again, the shield is actually a mirror, a solid silver mirror inlaid in a dark metal backing. However, your reflection is a little odd, off, but you can't tell what it is.

Odin is right behind you, but doesn't seem to notice anything odd about the mirror.

Astro_sol
2012-09-22, 02:18 PM
Odin slapped the offered palm, his adrenaline pumping.

"Hell yeah I should do it again, c'mon!" he shouted, taking the hood from Lyn and running back up the scrap with her ahead of him. He nearly fell over when she came to a sudden stop, staring at something shiny. He angled his head around her to see a large mirror. "Hm? What's this, then?" he asked, leaning forward to get a better look. "I can't surf this."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-22, 02:29 PM
Vance walks backwards a couple of steps when he gets a closer look at it before tripping over. Still, he keeps staring at the ghost with surprise.

"he-hello,"

Vance gets even more surprised as words come out of the ghost. "You...you .....can talk...."

Elbeyon
2012-09-22, 02:30 PM
An abrupt stop, lyn looked down at the mirror.

"Hm? What's this, then?" he asked, leaning forward to get a better look. "I can't surf this."

Her gaze on the mirror she slowly lets down the hood, "Course not dufus you'd break it in half." She bends over to pick it up, giving it a quick glance before handing it to Odin. "Something seems weird about it, maybe it's a trick mirror."

CatClovis
2012-09-22, 03:10 PM
Hisoka holds the sword up to the light. It seems to be glowing, though that may be a trick of the light. The crest on the hilt is like no other crest he has ever seen before. The writing on the sword is now legible, it seems to be some ancient form of Japanese, however its meaning is incomprehensible.
His heart is now pounding with excitement and the sword seems to be responding to his touch. He looks around for the others, Vance is still nowhere to be seen, however Lyn and Odin are now looking at something together.
He calls out to the others in a voice shaking with unusual emotion, "Hey, I found something!"

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-22, 04:23 PM
Vance
"Yes," the ghost says, coming out a little farther and letting go of the halo, which instantly floats back over its head, "I'm Shou Shou, who are you?" it asks, tilting its head to the side, which looks more like a shift in the position of its facial features and halo.
Lyn, Odin, & Hisoka
The mirror seems like an ordinary mirror, but something is off with Lyn's reflection, it doesn't seem to affect Odin though. Other than that, it's completely ordinary. However, when Hisoka comes into view, the border seems to darken and the "off" feeling of the reflection becomes more profound.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-22, 04:35 PM
"I am.... Vance Decken. " He replies in a more calm tone. By seeing the ghost completely, his fear starts to fade away. "Are you really...what I think you are?"

Astro_sol
2012-09-22, 04:38 PM
Odin took the offered mirror.

"Hey, Hisoka, check this out. The mirror doesn't like you."

Honestly, though, the mirror was confusing. Why was it doing that? Was it a trick of the light? And why wouldn't it work for him? He tapped his forehead on it in frustration, though was careful not to break it.

Elbeyon
2012-09-22, 04:41 PM
Lyn looking over Odin's shoulder, "That's really weird." She ducks back behind Odin out of view of the mirror than pops up on his other side to look at it again. "Hey careful not to break it, it'd be awesome to have a trick mirror in our pad. Here let me check something, trick mirrors normally have funny backs."

Lyn keeps an eye on it while Hisoka joins them.

CatClovis
2012-09-22, 04:49 PM
Hisoka walked up to Lyn and Odin, who were gathered around a strange mirror.

"Hey, Hisoka, check this out. The mirror doesn't like you."

The mirror did not behave like any other mirror Hisoka had ever seen. It seemed to deepen and distort as he got closer to it.
"I see you found something too", he said raising the broken sword in front of him.
The mirror seemed to darken and distort even more, it began to look less like a reflection as he grew ever closer. His mind began to race again. Still holding the sword in one hand, he reached out to the mirror and ran a finger over the smooth, uncanny surface.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-22, 05:27 PM
Vance
"What I am? I'm a spirit," it says, actually coming all the way out and floating over. It offers a wing, "nice to meet you Vance. Are you one of Eni's friends?"
Lyn, Odin, & Hisoka
The moment the sword's reflection comes into view, you see that something is more than off. A flowing aura that looks like flowing water is around the blade. It's clear, but obviously noticeable, like a heat haze, only it moves like water. The border of the mirror, instead of darkening, seems to brighten, but more like how much light it catches and reflects.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-22, 05:39 PM
"Eni?" Vance replies as he tries to remember if he knows someone with that name but no one comes to mind. "I am not. Sorry...." He then stood back up.

Astro_sol
2012-09-22, 05:40 PM
Odin couldn't make heads or tails of this.

"C'mon, guys," he said, hopping back onto the hood. "Let's go ask that Ash guy about this stuff. Maybe he knows." With that, and still holding the mirror, he slid down the scrap pile once again.

Another Acrobatics roll. Holding the mirror may make balance difficult.

[roll0]

CatClovis
2012-09-22, 05:44 PM
Odin walking off with the mirror broke Hisoka out of his reverie.

"Yeah, I want to see if he knows anything about this", he said still holding the sword. He hopped down and started heading over the building where Ash was.

A thought crossed his mind while walking, "Has anyone seen Vance?"

Elbeyon
2012-09-22, 05:54 PM
Lyns hands move up to form a funnel around her mouth, "VANCE, WE FOUND SOMETHING MEET US BY THE DOOR." When her shouting is done she starts climbing down the hill heading towards the door.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-22, 06:16 PM
Vance
Shou Shou squeaks at Lyn's shout and flies forward, straight into Vance's chest where he vanishes completely. You feel it's moment of panic for a second before it calms down, then you get the distinct feeling it just said oops...

(Shou Shou is now your pet)
Lyn, Odin, & Hisoka
Odin makes it down to the bottom, but flips forward and ends up doing a complete scorpion (watch Ridiculousness). But he can just brush it off for the most part, with a little ache in his neck and face (Bruised). The mirror slides across the ground, but doesn't break. And picking it up again, there's not a scratch on it.

Lyn and Hisoka make it down far more safely.

Astro_sol
2012-09-22, 06:25 PM
The ground came a bit faster than Odin anticipated. It turned out that impacting the ground at surf speed was a bit painful, but after hitting the ground face first and flipping forward legs first, he found that he could move his neck without too much fuss. He brought his legs back and leaped up, giving his friends an "ok" sign with both hands.

"I'm good!" With that, he picked up the mirror and began to make his way back to Ash. "You ok, Vance? Come on back with us to Ash!" Bloody kid hadn't answered their calls.

Elbeyon
2012-09-22, 06:26 PM
Lyn continues her paced walk towards the door, as she pasts odin, "Ya break your neck?" She continues on walking by without turning back.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-22, 06:29 PM
Vance checks his chest in a wild panic. He doesnt knwo what just happened and the fact that the last thing he heard from the ghost was an *oops* didnt help matters. "GUYS!!!!" He releases from his mouth scared.

Astro_sol
2012-09-22, 06:31 PM
"Naw, my neck's fine. See?" He twisted it with a resounding crack. "Fine."

But then he heard Vance scream. With a glance at Lyn, he turned and started running for Vance, the mirror still in his hands.

CatClovis
2012-09-22, 06:33 PM
"Good one Odin!", said Hisoka, barely managing to control his laughter. He pauses to make sure he gets up and turns to leave when he hears Vance shout from shout from somewhere in the distance. He calls to Lyn, who was already walking "Hey Lyn, Vance may have found something too."

Elbeyon
2012-09-22, 06:36 PM
Lyn looked towards the ground and let out a short sigh. "Yeah lets go get them, Hisoka." She moves closer to Hisoka then starts towards Vance's scream.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-22, 06:44 PM
Vance runs in circles with his hands moving around the top of his head, unsure of what to do. He keeps screaming, then suddenly he sees his friends. "GUYS!!! I SAW THEM! GHOSTS ARE REAL! THEY HAVE WINGS AND HALOS! AND THEY ARE INSIDE MY BODY! HELP!"

Astro_sol
2012-09-22, 06:47 PM
Vance runs in circles with his hands moving around the top of his head, unsure of what to do. He keeps screaming, then suddenly he sees his friends. "GUYS!!! I SAW THEM! GHOSTS ARE REAL! THEY HAVE WINGS AND HALOS! AND THEY ARE INSIDE MY BODY! HELP!"

Odin sighed. "Vance? Vance." He put down the mirror and ran forward and put both hands on the boy's shoulder. "Take some deep breaths. In...out. In...and out. Calm the **** down." Poor kid was in hysterics.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-22, 06:49 PM
Vance
Calm down, I accidently made a pact with you, it's nothing to freak out about, it's not dangerous. I said calm down! The scent of smelling salts fills Vances nose, which generally calms anyone down (he starts coughing and focusing on something else)

Don't freak out again, please.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-22, 07:05 PM
Vance hears a voice coming from inside speaking to him. He recognizes it to be the ghost. Not much after, he feels the disgusting scent of smelling salt and coughs for a bried period. He wonders where it could be coming from. "Ok. I´ll calm down now." he replies as his breathing returns to normal.

Astro_sol
2012-09-22, 07:23 PM
Vance hears a voice coming from inside speaking to him. He recognizes it to be the ghost. Not much after, he feels the disgusting scent of smelling salt and coughs for a bried period. He wonders where it could be coming from. "Ok. I´ll calm down now." he replies as his breathing returns to normal.

The boy looked a lot calmer. Awesome. I'm awesome.

"Guys! I fixed him. Let's go ask Ash about this stuff." Without a second thought of Vance and the source of his screaming, he ran back to pick up the mirror and head back to the scrapyard owner.

CatClovis
2012-09-22, 07:27 PM
Hisoka heard Vance yelling about ghosts and ran immediately to see him, only to find him and Odin walking calmly back to the building where Ash was.
"Uh, so, about that shouting earlier... Ghosts?"

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-22, 07:42 PM
"I..." Vance stopped himself. He wondered if he was allowed to say anything as he remembered the mention of a contract. He first needed to check out the possible repercussions of his actions. "I think I saw a ghost but it disappeared as soon as you arrived."

Elbeyon
2012-09-22, 08:12 PM
Lyn looks at Vance for a bit, "Come on Vance, lets get you out of here. There is some strange stuff going on here, I don't think this is a normal scrapyard."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-22, 08:22 PM
Vance smiles at Lyn and Hisoka believing his small lie. " Well, then lets go and find out about that object you all found." He replies trying to keep the talk away from the supernatural subject.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-22, 08:40 PM
"Not in the least," someone calls, walking over, he's a tall, scruffy man with dark red hair and extremely deep blue eyes, he's obviously of European decent, "I see you found one of my old works," he says, indicating the sword, "I'm surprised to see it active again," you can't place his accent, you can hear a little English, a little Romanian, and a bit of German, "I'm interested in seeing its legacy continued," he grins as a light emerges in the middle of the scrapyard, "and it seems you're here on an interesting day," the light expands and quickly loses brightness as it does before it explodes outward, covering the scrapyard before it becomes barely noticeable, it tears into the man, seeming to dissipate him into mist. He hangs in the air, his grin never leaving, "good luck kids, you'll need it," then he laughs until only an echo remains.

Before long, Ashe comes running, almost panicking, but visibly relaxes and sighs on seeing that you're alright, "come on, I'm closing up shop for the day, you can come back later tonight if you want, but I need to check something now," he leads you back to the door, looks back as he ushers you through and follows through quickly before locking the door, he forces a smile as he asks, "so, I see you found some interesting things, let me take a look."

Astro_sol
2012-09-22, 08:44 PM
"Yeah, uh, before that, uh." Odin hefted the mirror into one hand and pointed at the now-locked door with the other. "Um, see, we just saw a guy, right? And he said something about us having his work, yeah, something about a legacy. Then a light exploded and it vanished the dude." The boy took a deep breath and exhaled fully before saying,

"What?"

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-22, 08:51 PM
"I dont know what to say....This has been quite an experience...but before going, could you please tell us how much is it going to be for the two items?" Vance wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. Nothing else mattered for him at this point.

Elbeyon
2012-09-22, 09:31 PM
Lyn just stands there with the group lost in thought, the whole day was rather .. eventful for her. Her entire assumption about realty could be wrong. What she knew was just something her parents played around with could actually be real.

Something that couldn't possibly exist is real and there is hardly any denying it. What was once her sanity could be slipping away right in front of her, her words might just be complete nonsense at this point, or perhaps even silly. She trys to grab the mirror form Odins hand, whether successful or not she points at it as if shes accusing it of some crime against the laws of the universe, "Is this mirror magic?", her voice nearly what could best be described as hysterical.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-22, 09:42 PM
Ash shakes his head, "man's name was Marcus Dragomir, he was a blacksmith," he says, "made that sword years ago, which will be 3000 yen. He pretty much haunts the place, as do a lot of other spirits. The mirror is something I haven't seen though, I'll charge 1500 yen for that one," he continues.

When Lyn speaks up, he looks at her, "heh, well, I'd need to take a closer look at it to determine that for sure, but to me it looks like it's a dweomer mirror, a magic sensor. If you're wondering if magic exists, then I will say this, there are things that contain energy that can be manipulated through thoughts and patterns, that energy is often refered to as magic, but it's not like what most people believe it to be, it follows rules, rules that can't be broken. It follows the same laws as the rest of the world, most people don't realize that."

3000 yen is about 38 US dollars
1500 yen is about 19 US dollars.

57 Dollars = a DC 16 Wealth Roll.

Everyone has a base wealth of +6. Meaning, Astro only needs to roll a 2 or higher to get it.

Elbeyon
2012-09-22, 10:09 PM
Bracing her forehead against her hands, she slowly massages her eyebrows. "Wait, wait I always knew that their were rumors of such things and I even looked into some of them for fun. But your telling me that magic exists!?" Looking into the mans eyes "That I have magical abilities." She moves the mirror repeatedly, behind her, putting her between the man and the mirror. "and that I can just change what I thought was reality. THAT THIS scrapyard has some type of magical ley lines and used to be a Fairie Glade. AND that bright flash earlier was just a release of some type of built up magical energy. THAT ghosts can feed off this place and stay around way past their time. YOUR TELLING ME THAT ALL OF THAT IS REAL?."

Astro_sol
2012-09-22, 10:16 PM
Odin didn't budge as he felt Lyn take the mirror from him. He blinked.

So magic was real. That documentary he'd seen must have been a little more honest than he thought.

"It's a connection of three leylines, Lyn," he corrected absently, his eyes Ash. "And, uh," he continued, reaching into his pocket, "I've got that." He knew that amount of money would be straining the pockets of any of the others, and Lyn really wanted that mirror. He pulled out a wad of yen bills and coins, thrust without a thought into his pocket that morning as usual. "Should be enough money in here."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-22, 10:29 PM
"Can we leave now? Its getting late and our parents are going to kill us." Vance points out. He still wants to find out more about the pact the ghost had made with him.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-22, 10:40 PM
"Magic has always existed, wild magic has caused a great number of anomalies in the past, miracles, like someone being cured of cancer after it was said that they only had a few months left. Most people that 'practice' magic have no basis in reality and is simply superstition. Actual magic is more scientific. That discharge you saw was actually the build up from the last seventy five years, usually it has a smaller one every ten years, but it hasn't been for some reason. Sort of like what happens to cause earthquakes, sometimes they release small ones, and other times they just store it up and release a much larger one, it's why I was so panicked, something could have happened, and probably did considering there's been a lot of transformative magic build up. As for you being magic, that mirror will show if someone has magic potential, it will show a magic aura around magic artifacts, and it will show truly powerful mages, but it will not say if someone specifically is a magic user unless they are extremely powerful."

Astro_sol
2012-09-22, 10:45 PM
The only words Odin heard was that the magic mirror showed magic potential. He turned to Lyn after handing over the money for the items.

"So you could be a mage, then? It looked kinda funny when you looked into it." It didn't escape his memory that he didn't do anything to the mirror.

Ah, well. Couldn't have everything in life. Plus, he'd done fine without magic up til then.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-22, 10:57 PM
"Magic potential? Awesome. A mirror can do all that! It really is a valuable treasure. But why would you give away something with such an odd quality so easily? Do you get to see artifacts like those all the time." Vance said a little curious.

Elbeyon
2012-09-23, 12:24 AM
"So you could be a mage, then? It looked kinda funny when you looked into it."
"Maybe, I don't know anything right know." Her voice seems filled with frustration. "I'm going to see if I can stay with Ash for a while longer and get some questions answered. You might want to head home without me."

She turns her focus around to the older man, "Would you mind if I asked you some more questions? You seem to know a lot about all this, do you know magic? Like Odin said, the mirror distorted my image, that means I have potential right? I would love to know more about the subject!"

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-23, 07:46 AM
"Dweomer Sensors are actually fairly common, that ones just more ornate then most. The sword has a minor enchantment on it, I'd guess it grows with the wielder once it properly binds with a person. Which I believe it has already done with you," he indicates to Hisoka. (Gains a rank 1 Device with Strike 3, Mighty, Improved Critical 1. It will increase in rank as you use it and gain more power)

"Unfortunately I am not a mage, however, I am rather talented with artifice, magic construction. I'm actually immune to most forms of magic and cannot practice it myself even if I had the talent for it," he points to his eyes, "dichromia is generally a sign of magical resilience as well as negation. As far as I know, there is no true mage in Inaba. You'd have to go to Kyoto to find one, but, I do have something," he goes off into his workshop out of sight, then returns with a simple looking scrollcase, "this has the basics for magecraft, starting with rituals then how to speed up the process. I have no use for it, I learned what I could from it." (Quickness 2 on Designing Rituals, innate. You'll be able to trade this later when you get actual magic if you want.)

Astro_sol
2012-09-23, 07:57 AM
Odin gave everyone a quick glance. Hisoka had a magic sword? Lyn had a magic mirror?

He forced a grin onto his face and clapped a hand on Vance's back. "Well, at least we're still normal. C'mon, let's get you home. I've had enough of...magic for one day."

He still couldn't fully believe what happened. He needed to think over this. A lot.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-23, 08:40 AM
Vance smiled and talked trying to reassure himself. "Yes, completely normal... Well, then just be careful. " He then said good gye before leaving with Odin.

Elbeyon
2012-09-23, 11:31 AM
Lyn takes a heavy breath and gives herself a couple seconds to calm down while the others are leaving. Once Odin and Vance are out of view. "So the rumors of you being an artificer were true.. Does Jessica know?" Lyn quickly shakes her head, her last statement derailing the most important question. "Can I stay here for a while? I wanna become an artificer too. Please! I can do stuff. I could help you out around the scrap yard or maybe do something else you need help with."

CatClovis
2012-09-23, 11:47 AM
Hisoka is speechless. For once, he can't think of anything smart ass to say. Minor enchantment, mages, magic detectors, it's all too much for him to process at once. He stands there, mouth agape, staring first at Ash, then at the sword he found, then to Lyn and the mirror.
"Vindication!", he's not sure if he said that aloud or not; he doesn't care. One hour in a scrapyard and he has found more direct evidence of the supernatural than he has in years of searching town.
He needs to sit down, no, stand up.
He looks around, Vance and Odin are gone. How long had he been standing there like an idiot?

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-23, 06:04 PM
Ash holds up a finger to Lyn before turning to Hisoka, "about fifteen minutes," then he turns back to Lyn, "well, technically you're not allowed to have a part time job, schools are pretty strict about that, esspecially the higher level ones," he says, "but there's nothing about apprenticeships. Also, Jess is not a mage, but she's the techie equivalent. Other than that and what you likely already know I can't tell you much about her."

Astro_sol
2012-09-23, 06:25 PM
As they walked down the road, Odin kept his hands in his pockets.

What the hell was going on? Lyn could learn magic? Apparently Hisoka could do something too, with the sword that he himself had bought. He didn't mind, but...he didn't know how to feel. At least there was a growing kinship with Vance. But still...when he'd been yelling...

"I never did ask you. What were you yelling about? Something about having a ghost inside you?"

So weird. But he was probably just scared of the magic. Nothing to worry about, right? Still, with the night going as it was, he couldn't just let it slide.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-23, 06:51 PM
Vance remained the silent for a couple of minutes. He couldnt believe he had decided to bring up the subject of the ghost. "Well, being honest with you. I didnt believe in ghosts until today. I saw a ghost and got really scared when it passed through me. I guess I just didnt know how to react." Vance scratches behind his head and smiles at Odin.

Bluff: [roll0]

Elbeyon
2012-09-23, 07:14 PM
Confused about his statement to Hisoka, Lyn kept quite a couple seconds to try to figure it out before continuing her own conversation with the guy. "Right not a part time job, more like a apprenticeship... " Lyn starts moving towards his middle shop. The one were she saw him crafting the weird looking samurai armor, "So do I like need to say magical words or something."

Astro_sol
2012-09-23, 10:51 PM
Odin nodded. "Yeah, I can imagine that'd be pretty scary. Good thing you're ok." He clapped his hand on Vance's back, lightly enough for a friendly pat. "You're all right." He walked his friend the rest of the way home in silent contemplation. He couldn't help but worry; would he lose friends over this?

CatClovis
2012-09-24, 05:43 PM
Hisoka snapped back into attention upon hearing Ash, who went back to talking to Lyn. He motioned to get Lyn's attention and pointed to the door. "Thank you for letting us look around.", he said to the scrapyard owner. He walked out the door and waited outside for Lyn to catch up.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-24, 06:29 PM
LynOnce Hisoka is out of range, Ash speaks up, "he was wondering how long he'd been staring into space like an idiot," he says, "before you ask, I'm not psychic, just very good at reading people."
Everyone ElseI'll let you RP until you go to bed or something comes up.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-24, 06:42 PM
Odin nodded. "Yeah, I can imagine that'd be pretty scary. Good thing you're ok." He clapped his hand on Vance's back, lightly enough for a friendly pat. "You're all right." He walked his friend the rest of the way home in silent contemplation. He couldn't help but worry; would he lose friends over this?

Vance decided to remain silent for the rest of the walk to his house to avoid ruining such a relaxing time between the two. Odin´s comments have cheered him up, especially after the strange events that took place just earlier.

Elbeyon
2012-09-24, 06:49 PM
"I was about to ask...", lyn grabs for a couple tools. "So how do I do this?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-24, 07:01 PM
"Read the scroll, it'll give you the basics on magic, you need to know about it before we can go any farther. You need to know how magic acts before you can bind it to an object," he holds up a glove with what looks like circuitry in ink on it, "see if you can figure this one out with only what's in that scroll. You can keep it if you figure it out. Once you do, come back here and I'll give you your next lesson. I'll also see about getting a mage to teach you some actual magic rather than just artifice."

Device rank 1. You'll need to figure out its powers yourself.

Elbeyon
2012-09-24, 07:14 PM
Lyn takes the glove and spins it around in her hands thoroughly looking it over, ".. I think I might of asked for too much, I have a feeling your doing me a really big favor here." She grasps the gloves in both of her hands holding it to her chest then gives a quick bow, "Thanks! I'll be back soon!" And with that she heads out to meet with Hisoka.

"Didn't mean to keep you waiting, I'll walk you home alright."

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-24, 07:45 PM
"Don't worry, that's the prototype for my current one, it's a useful item and will be the center of a few things I'll teach ya," Ash says to Lyn before she leaves, "say hi to Jess for me."

CatClovis
2012-09-25, 04:59 PM
"Oh thanks. Sorry I was a little out of it back there. I mean, magic! I'd always hoped, but I never thought I would find anything like this. Anyway, did Ash say anything important about what we found?"
His head was still spinning from the thrill of discovery, but Hisoka had calmed down a little bit while waiting outside in the fresh air. He felt embarrassed; he acted like a total idiot and missed Ash's explanations. The fact that Ash could keep Lyn's attention and respect for an entire conversation was a sign that he knew what he was talking about.

Elbeyon
2012-09-25, 05:34 PM
"Yeah, who would of thought! Well maybe you did..I'm just our first experience was so pleasant. I mean with this stuff someone could create a lot of real havoc, thanks to Jessica it was Mr. Ash that introduced us to this little hidden world instead of something horrible."

Lyn stops for a moment putting the gloves under her left armpit. She pulls out a phone, it's light illuminating the area around them. "Give me your number, Ash said some stuff and gave me these gloves here to help us learn about magic. I'll call you tomorrow for we can work on this homework." A grin crosses her face as the last word passes from her lips, she never thought 'homework' is something she would look forward too.

CatClovis
2012-09-25, 06:23 PM
"Yeah sure"
Hisoka gives Lyn his number.
"Do you really want to wait for tomorrow? My mom is going to be pissed either way and I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight."

Elbeyon
2012-09-25, 06:40 PM
"Um.. Well since it doesn't matter. Sure, why wait till tomorrow. Let me call my folks, I'll say I was having fun with Odin and decided to spend the night or something."

"Lets grab some supper and head over to the warehouse."

CatClovis
2012-09-25, 07:05 PM
"Oh wow, she said yes; I'm dead. Dead. I already skipped baseball practice, I can't get away with two things in one day."

Aloud, Hisoka said with a small hint of hesitation,"Uh, great, I guess.. Um, so you said warehouse?"

Elbeyon
2012-09-25, 07:16 PM
"Yep it's pretty close to our old hang outs, It's hard to spot so pay attention for you don't get lost next time. I'll call my folks then I'll show ya the way." Lyn keeps walking while she dials home,

"Yeah, hey mom it's me...I'm over at Odin's, I kinda lost track of time... Me and him were having a lot of fun. So he invited me to stay over and so was just calling to tell you whats going on........I'll see ya later"."

Lyn hangs up and dials another number, Leaving a message if he doesn't answer. "Hey Odin! I'm going to be out late tonight, if my folks call cover for me alright."

Astro_sol
2012-09-25, 08:34 PM
"Hey Odin! I'm going to be out late tonight, if my folks call cover for me alright."

Odin picked up the phone and was silent for several seconds after Lyn finished speaking.

"Right."

He wasn't really listening. He didn't even know how he sounded. This afternoon had just had so much happen, and he wasn't sure what to think anymore.

After taking Vance home, he ambled back to his apartment, his hands in his pockets. When he reached his room, he moved the door open with his body, simply walking through it. He couldn't seem to bring his eyes up. He wandered into bed and flopped down, not bothering to put on the covers. He stared unblinking up at the ceiling.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-26, 02:44 PM
The night passes quietly, and far to quickly for Lyn and Hisoka.

Lyn and Hisoka read through the scroll given to them, and after some comparing of notes, both manage to get the basics. Then they move onto the glove, which is far more complex than it originally appears. There are several markings inside and outside the glove, and even some in the weaving itself. The cloth itself is odd, but it's hard to tell exactly what it is. The only thing they've really found out so far is that the black ink on the fingers has iron in it.

Vance, on the other hand has to deal with a little ghost who appears periodically and explores his room. The little guy also seems rather talkative and curious about Vance himself.

Compared to the others, Odin's night is uneventful, though his parents do say they got a coupon for a free lesson at a dojo near his school that he's never heard of.

Astro_sol
2012-09-26, 03:16 PM
Odin woke up that morning as he did every morning: eyes open, panic, look at the clock, forgot to set the alarm, still woke up an hour before he needs to. He got out of bed, showered, and brushed his teeth, as he liked having mint in his mouth when he ate breakfast. He strolled into the kitchen, his eyes still half lidded.

FREE LESSON...DOJO...

His eyes only picked up a few words on the card taped to the fridge, but it was all he needed. Odin never had to worry about money, but free things were in their own category of awesome. The card had a small note taped next to it. Something from mum. Maybe it'd be fun. Maybe it'd stop him from running around in construction areas and scrapyards.

He smirked as he slipped the card into his underwear; he only dressed after eating. Maybe today would be interesting.

He finished his meal quickly and threw on his regular outfit: a white undershirt, black jacket and pants, with grey shoes. He strolled out the door and without thinking to call Lyn or Hisoka; in fact, he only sent a text to his mom telling her where he was going before he strolled out the door, headed for the dojo.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-26, 08:34 PM
Vance makes sure to lock his door before trying to talk with the ghost. He the started to follow the ghost around while trying to ask his concerns "Ghost...I need to ask you a few things about this thing that happened earlier. Waht do you mean by a deal?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-26, 08:51 PM
Vance
"Ehehe," it says, visibly sweatdropping like he was in some anime, "it's a little hard to explain, I don't entirely understand the process myself. What i do know is spirits can form a Bond with a human by forming a contract. The details determine what happens, in our case, you can summon me whenever you want and I can stay in your soul to recuperate and protect myself," Shou Shou continues, "um, I know demons can make contracts too, but they call them pacts. Oh! And you can make multiple contracts!"
Odin
You arrive at the Dojo to find it mostly empty, then you see the schedule, the next class starts in an hour. Only one person is in the room, and he looks like he's half your age. He's punching and kicking a practice dummy and it's surprising how quick he is. He then pulls back and throws a palm strike... causing the dummy to fly across the room and almost hit you.

He looks over and his eyes go wide, "Sorry! Didn't see ya there!" he says, jogging over. He rubs the back of his head as he approaches, "was trying to get that down for a while and I got a little carried away," he says nervously.

Astro_sol
2012-09-26, 09:05 PM
Odin blinked as the dummy flew next to his head. He could feel his hair whip from the backlash. He turned to look at the trashed dummy, then back at the kid.

First magic, now there are kids punching **** across the room.

His brain decided to reboot.

He pointed at the dummy, quickly glancing back at it before settling his eyes on the kid. "You just punched a dummy across the room."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-26, 09:26 PM
"Demons! And making a pact.... Arent those things like evil....?" Vance was eager to ask what could the ghost do for him but first he needed to clear his doubts in order.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-26, 09:38 PM
Odin
"Yea, that's what they teach here, something about the flow of life energy and using it to enhance your physical abilities. They're very picky about the people they teach," he says, "I'm Jace by the way," the kid says, grinning as he offers a hand.
Vance
Shou Shou tilts his head, "demons aren't evil. Humans use the term Demon only for Infernals, but Demon is also used to describe angels, archons, nymphs, pixies, pheonixes, dragons, etc. Infernals are not really evil like humans seem to depict them, they're more like the way they depict fairies, tricksters. And Celestials, like angels, are not actually the good guys, they're like lawyers, priests, and police. Somehow the depictions of them slanted and made demons out as bloodthirsty murderers and con artists and angels as saviors and envoys of light."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-26, 09:51 PM
"Lets assume for a second that you are telling is the complete truth. What kind of benefit would I get for making one such contract with a demon and what would they want from me?" Vance questions the Shou Shou.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-26, 10:02 PM
Vance"Varies, a lot. That's why they're called contracts, you work it out with the individual," Shou Shou says, "it's very similar to making a deal with a human where each offers a service or good to the other and make a trade with it. One thing that is relatively constant is the demon or spirit tends to stick around even after the contract is finished if they like you. Most deals tend to favor the human or are equally beneficial to both sides."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-26, 10:19 PM
"I see, well going back to the subject of you what are you capable of?"Vance decided to go back to the main subject. He would look for these possible contractors if the possibility arised.

Elbeyon
2012-09-26, 10:35 PM
"uuu...", Lyn slowly pushes herself off of the hard concrete floor. Near her lay a box of pizza and the scroll scattered on the floor. She gives herself a moment to adjust and bends her arm above her head, preforming a morning stretch. Spotting Hisoka on the floor, she picks up the nearby scroll then quietly sneaks up to Hisoka and gives a loud clap, "Oi, wake up. We're not done." Lyn takes a cross legged seat nearby leaning on some packing foam, "I'll keep looking over the magic teaching scroll, you keep studying the magical gloves." She opens the scroll up and starts looking it over again, letting out a extended yawn.

Astro_sol
2012-09-27, 01:31 AM
Odin had to blink a few more times before taking the offered hand.

"D...Donovan O'Sullivan," he said. He didn't know the kid well enough to be called Odin yet. "Life energy, you say?"

He looked back at the trashed dummy. "How can you tell if you can, uh, do...that?" he asked, pointing back at the wreckage again.

What the hell was going on? This kid could do something like that? Why didn't people know about this?

Above all other questions, Odin knew one thing: he wanted to do that.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-27, 10:40 AM
Odin"Don't know, you'd have to talk to sensei about that, like I said, they're picky. It's why they give out free lessons to potential students," Jace says, "he'll be back in a little while, he's making his lunch," that is an odd statement considering it's only 9AM.
(Will add the others later)

Astro_sol
2012-09-27, 12:56 PM
Odin checked his phone's clock. Lunch. 9 AM. Right.

"Well, it looks like we have some time," he said, sitting down on the floor. This was a lot to take in. "Who's your sensei?"

CatClovis
2012-09-27, 06:23 PM
"Oi, wake up. We're not done." Lyn takes a cross legged seat nearby leaning on some packing foam, "I'll keep looking over the magic teaching scroll, you keep studying the magical gloves." She opens the scroll up and starts looking it over again, letting out a extended yawn.

"Huh, what?" Hisoka sits up and lets out a yawn. He blinks his eyes a few times and tries to turn his head. "Ah, ow!" He slept on his neck wrong.

He feels awful, but he can't say no to examining magical items. He picks up his sword and ignores the gloves.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-27, 07:53 PM
Lyn
You continue reading the scroll, which continues to describe several ritual components and how they shape magic. It also describes something else, quintessence, which is explained as "physical" magic. It is often used as a battery for rituals to empower them and make them easier. Eventually, through exposure and study of it, you can actually manifest and shape quintessence simply by channeling it through your body in order to form spells.
Hisoka
Taking all the pieces of the sword from the sheath, you find that their are ten total, the one connected to the hilt being the most substancial. The shards don't seem to fit together, almost as if they were warped. The runes on the broken shards are not gold like the base of the blade, and are faded. Much harder to make out than the others.
Odin
"Everyone calls him Aoi-Sensei because his hair is blue," Jace says with a chuckle, "I'll go get him if you want, he's never really that busy."
Vance
"Me?" Shou Shou tilts his head, "I can heal people and make illusions, like that smell I used to get you out of your borderline hysteria, sorry about that by the way, it was the only thing I could think of," he says, "Um, I can also form contracts, which you already know."

Astro_sol
2012-09-27, 08:02 PM
"Yeah, that'd be great." Odin couldn't help but flex his hand. Who cared about magic if you could punch like that?

But blue hair? First lunch at 9, then this...but if the guy could even possibly teach him how to become strong...

He knew he was in shape. He had good legs and great reflexes, but he couldn't do anything like fight. It brought Jade Izanami to mind. She could fight, and really well at that, especially for a girl. If he got to the point that he could beat someone her...

Odin flexed his hand again, bringing it up close to his chest. He wanted to be stronger.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-27, 08:15 PM
"I got another concern. Its really important that you give all the details. What are the limits of our contract? Are there any boundaries or restrictions on this pact we have?" Vance stares up while he brings this point from his memory of last night.

Elbeyon
2012-09-27, 08:59 PM
Lyn gives herself a small break and glaces up at Hisoka. Noticing the gloves aren't being used she moves over and picks them up. Once she back at her foamy retreat she takes the mirror and puts it on the ground and lays the gloves over the top of it. She continues onward reading the scroll and studying it; using the glove as a teaching aid.

CatClovis
2012-09-27, 09:01 PM
Hisoka tries to stay awake as he slowly and carefully looks at each individual shard of the sword. The shards are strange; he wonders if each could have come from a different sword. However, the writing on the the broken pieces seems to match with the writing at the hilt, even if the color is faded. He copies down the runes and focuses his attention to the crest on the hilt.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-28, 03:45 PM
Lyn
You spot some symbols on the glove that are similar to ones in the scroll, but they're modified. You haven't gotten that far in the scroll, but they look similar to the conversion seal for minor transformative magics.
Hisoka
The sword pieces actually look like they've started to reshape, rounding out some of the previously jagged edges and realigning themselves together. They still don't look like they fit together, but you can see where they go now.
Vance
"I'm not sure, I've only made a few contracts before, and most were simple stuff," Shou Shou says, "I think that all that this contract really entails is that you can summon me to help you whenever you need it."
Odin
"Wait here," Jace says before running into the back room, "Sensei, someone here for the free lesson!" he calls out, rather loudly. You hear some muttering, then footsteps heading back. Jace comes out with someone else, who looks only a few years older than you.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110423140126/yuyuhakusho/images/c/c8/Koenmapicki2.jpg
(this without the cape)

Astro_sol
2012-09-28, 04:11 PM
Odin had started flipping a coin as soon as Jace started moving. He was curious, anxious, excited. Flipping a quarter was one of the few things that could keep him calm.

Then he came in.

Odin felt his eyebrows raise. He missed the quarter after a flip, or rather he simply forgot to catch it. The coin tinkled as it bounced on the floor.

It took him a moment, then he leaned off the wall and walked forward, his confusion painted on his face. "Um. Hello," he said, holding out a hand. "You're the sensei here?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-28, 04:27 PM
Odin"Indeed," he says, "call me Kon," he says, "don't ask about my age, I'm actually a lot older than I look," he doesn't offer you a hand, but sizes you up a bit, "Hm, you don't seem to have much combat training, but you have a good base for a speed-based style of combat. Probably not a precise style, more of multiple hits in quick succession," he's walking around you like those sensei in movies, "you have a surprisingly large amount of Chi energy... you'd do well here," he states plainly.

"Jace, your training session will continue this afternoon, I'd like a chance to see what this one can do." he says, getting Jace to nod and leave, waving goodbye. He must not live far from here. "Now, what skills do you have that you think would be useful in learning martial arts."

Elbeyon
2012-09-28, 04:39 PM
Holding the scroll at a different angle, lyn squints at it then at the glove. Nah defiantly wasn't exactly the same. She flipped the glove, looking into the innards of it looking for any hidden symbols with the help of the mirror.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-28, 04:41 PM
"Uff...." Vance said as he moved his hand as if it was taking off sweat from his forehead. "Well, I suppose veerything is fine then. Can I, you know, summon you out too? " Vance decided to stop his interrogation with this last question.

Astro_sol
2012-09-28, 05:28 PM
Odin let his hand drop as "Kon" spoke to him. Chi energy? What on earth was this guy talking about? Still, he'd seen that light the other day, and while he'd been trying to keep it out of his mind this morning, he knew that he couldn't exactly explain what had happened. He certainly couldn't explain the trashed dummy by the wall, which he found that he couldn't stop stealing glances at.

"I..." he began to say, but paused. What skills did he have? "I like to run around construction sites, you know, gotta have a little risk, right? I've tried out some parkour, too. Uh...I've got good reflexes," he lamely finished.

CatClovis
2012-09-28, 11:47 PM
Hisoka looked at the sword again, the pieces now looked like they belonged to the same sword. However, it was still not clear how exactly fit together. He began arranging them by how they seemed to fit together.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-29, 11:51 AM
Lyn
The inside of the glove, surprisingly, is completely covered in silver markings similar to the black ones on the surface. These ones are more familiar than the ones on the outside and the mirror shows little pinpoints of light travelling through them. You'll need to turn the glove inside out to get a better look.
Hisoka
The pieces arrange into a very long bladed broadsword, it's longer than you are tall. Only the base of the blade seems to fit completely with the pieces aranged next to it. The rest are a little off, but obviously arranged correctly.
Vance
Shou Shou looks confused for a second, then you literally see a lightbulb appear above his head, "oh, you mean unsummoning, yes, though I can also come and go on my own every now and then."
Odin
"That explains the speed-based build," he mutters, "I've never taught a parkour artist before, but it's a good basis. Parkour, in and of itself, is considered a lesser martial art. Just needs a little adaptation..." he starts making calculations, then seems to settle on something, "I think I can teach you. Aoi will be here in an hour, he's better with the metaphysical stuff, until then, we'll see how well you can fight."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-29, 12:02 PM
"OK. Thank you very much for your time...."Vance stops for a second to remember the name. "...Oh! Right, Shou Shou. Well, I am going to look for the others. Once again, thank you" He replies sincerily before unlocking his door and go and call his friends´homes.

Elbeyon
2012-09-29, 12:04 PM
Pressing her lips together, Lyn puts the glove down and starts reading the scroll again. Part way through she flips the glove inside out and rests it back on the glass, using it once again as a teaching aid. Yet another thing she didn't totally understand, she continues to read through the scroll in order till she gets a better understanding of the forces at work here.

Astro_sol
2012-09-29, 12:07 PM
"Oh! Cool," Odin replied, then paused. "Wait, you said fight? As in, like, right now?" He hadn't even learned anything yet! He was gonna get demolished. A part of him told him that this fruit should be a piece of cake, even for him, but he'd taught Jace, and Jace was a little kid who could hit things across rooms.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-29, 12:14 PM
Odin
"Yes, I want to test your skill and evaluate what needs to be worked on. I won't use all of my skill when fighting, I never do, but I will use enough where it would be a challenge for you to be able to beat me."

Astro_sol
2012-09-29, 12:37 PM
Odin gave a nervous grin. "Alright, then."

Then he threw a punch, his legs snapping tight into a stance in an instant. Kon never said when they had to start, after all.

I dunno if you wanted to have us roll for initiative, but this is what Odin would do, and Kon is testing him.

Rolling attack. [roll0]

I think it's a +4, at least. My attack bonus is 2, but my melee attack is 4, and I'm not sure how the points worked for all that.

Whatever the case, a ****ty roll.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-30, 02:08 PM
Vance
Shou Shou nods then disappears, fading from sight. You can't reach anyone of them at their homes, they were already out and about apparently.
Lyn
The inside does have a seal you recognize, a conversion seal that turns magic into kinetic energy to amplify existing kinetic energy. But that's only one part among many. (Make an Int, Wis, and Luck check to see if you figure out exactly what it does)
Odin
Kon dodges to the side, "you're not hesitant to throw the first punch," he slams a kick into Odin's side (1 Bruise) then says, "good," and proceeds to jump back. His hands haven't left his pockets since he first arrived in the fight, "you may want to remove any valuable items before we continue though, they might get broken."

Astro_sol
2012-09-30, 02:41 PM
Odin coughed at the kick to the side. Dammit, and he doesn't even look like he's trying!

"Right," he said, emptying his pockets and whipping off his jacket in a quick motion. "Time to switch things up, then." With that, he whipped another fist up at Kon's face, but pulled back at the last moment, using the motion to begin a twist into a kick. C'mon, fall for this one, at least.

Move action to ditch his jacket and belongings. Standard action to Acrobatic Bluff.

Acrobatics Roll: [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-30, 02:52 PM
Odin
Kon raises an eyebrow at the straightforward approach but smirks when you shift to a kick, even as he holds out a hand and stops the kick. That's when you notice his hands are actually clawed, or that his nails are at least sharpened down to points, "On someone even a little less experienced that would have worked," he says, "you're a surprisingly good fighter for the way you described your skill," he slips his hand back into his pocket.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-30, 03:00 PM
Vance was still intrigued by what the ghost had told him. He had just left his home. Do demons really existed? He had to find out about this possibility. But where could he begin such a search? As he had no idea, he decided to wander while he hoped to stumble for something. Maybe ask someone in the area could be good.

Gather information [roll0]
Luck [roll1]

Astro_sol
2012-09-30, 03:09 PM
Odin couldn't help but feel a little pride as he pulled his kick back.

"Thanks, but the only stuff I know if from what I see in anime and action movies," he said as he pressed on the attack, weaving a bit before twisting to kick again into Kon's stomach. If technique won't work, then let's try power.

All-Out Attack, Strike, taking a -4 to Defense and applying to attack.

[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-30, 03:30 PM
Odin
Again, Kon blocks the attack, but this time he grunts and gets pushed back, "you must be careful when attacking like that, it leaves you open for retaliation," he swings a kick at Odin, but is surprised when he manages to dodge, though only barely, "interesting," he says, smirking, "now I am truly impressed," his smirk turns to a full on grin, "you are definitely going to do well here, you have a solid base and a surprising degree of skill for being untrained. What do you think, Aoi."

Odin hears a sigh behind him, "I agree with your assessment, and with the amount of chi he possesses he will be able to learn more than a normal student." turning around, Odin sees an older man with dark blue hair and light brown, almost tan colored, eyes. Though, that's not the odd thing, what is odd is what he's wearing. Cargo pants, a long sleaved undershirt, a sleaveless, hooded jacket with a red tie dye spiral on the back and a similar fox head on the front with nine flames around it. He also possesses a pair of fingerless gloves with metal plates on the back and combat boosts that you can hear the metal on the bottom of when he walks.

"Tell me, kid, what do you think chi is?" he says, it's more of a command then a question and it sends a chill down Odin's spine.

CatClovis
2012-09-30, 04:23 PM
Hisoka looks at the sword, it was much larger than he expected. The pieces seemed to fit better than before, however, they still don't fit quite right, as if they were missing small fragments. He looks again at the writing on the sword and copies it down completely. The runes look vaguely like they could belong in Japanese or Chinese. He wonders if there is anyone trained to read this writing somewhere near Inaba. He may have to go to Kyoto to see if there are any experts on ancient scripts there.

Astro_sol
2012-09-30, 04:31 PM
Odin had finally gotten what felt like a solid hit in when the fun suddenly stopped. He had to stop himself from bouncing back and forth, ready to keep going. He was just starting to enjoy the praise, too, when he jumped at the voice behind him. I never even sensed him! What the hell?!

Any reaction he had (besides the dumbfoundedness painted clearly on his face) was quashed at Aoi's command/question. Chi?

"It's...life energy, from what I've heard. Something about connecting us with the world, natural energy flowing through us, yeah?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-30, 05:05 PM
Odin"Close, but good answer none the less," Kon says, "Not good enough though. Chi is the essence of life, it is the excess life energy not needed to fuel the body. People can have no Chi at all and still live, it is surplus energy, and that's why using Chi generally doesn't reduce a person's lifespan," Aoi elaborates, "Most people never gain the ability to access it, and few have the talent to wield it. You have one of the highest production rates of Chi I have ever seen, kid, and it's naturally in a controlled state. With a little experience, you'd probably have unlocked your Chi on your own eventually, I can tell you were subconsciously using it to enhance your speed and resilience, which is surprising. I would like to see what you can do once it's unlocked..."

Kon nods at that, "we will continue our fight, I must say, it is rather fun to fight someone that can actually hit me well enough to get through my defenses. I will be reinforcing my attacks and defenses with Chi now, very small amounts of it, but enough that you're Chi will likely awaken."

Aoi laughs, "I haven't seen you like this in a while Kon, thinking of finally taking on a student of your own?" Kon pauses for a moment, which actually causes Aoi to raise an eyebrow, "It has crossed my mind. For now though, let us continue where we left off."

Astro_sol
2012-09-30, 05:33 PM
Odin simply absorbed everything the pair told him, storing it away for later research. Maybe Hisoka would know something about it.

"Cool," he said, nodding at Aoi, before twisting to start whipping a fist at Kon, going right back into fight mode.

[roll0] for a standard strike. Not bothering to modify it.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-30, 11:50 PM
Odin
Odin's fist finds its way through Kon's guard and slams into his chest, sending him back, gasping. It becomes obvious he's not particularly tough, but possesses a near iron defense, "good punch kid," he says, but then charges forward and makes the same palm thrust as the kid before, which hits Odins shoulder, and pushes him back in a spin with little actual damage done, "but you should use your kicks, with your focus on speed your legs will be more developed than your arms."

Aoi chimes in, "you over extended your punch, hold your punch back and rotate your body instead, it will give the same amount of power but give you a faster recovery time when pulling back, making it easier to defend," he's leaning against the wall, watching with a critical eye, "And Kon, you still rely to much on blocking with your hand and forearm, I've told you that an elbow block is better able to lead into an attack after blocking!" apparently Kon was as much a student as Odin as far as Aoi was concerned.
Vance
You walk around town, and Shou Shou is actually rather curious, he hadn't been far from the scrapyard in a while do to the magic there. He points out landmarks that used to be there, but aren't now. From history class, you know a lot of the places he mentions are from over a millenia ago. One spot he points out that is still there is the local temple, which was watched over by a Nekomata, a form of cat demon, named Kaya.
Hisoka
Gather Information, Knowledge (Streetwise), or an Int/Wis check to see if you know about anyone nearby that might know this stuff.

Astro_sol
2012-10-01, 12:06 AM
The punch he landed simply wasn't as satisfying as he'd hoped. And the guy was right, he always felt more at home with kicks. But then, Aoi had some good points too. He could still use punches.

The guy's return hit confused him. He had the feeling that he should have been a lot more hurt than just confused. It conflicted with the earlier display by Jace.

Odin didn't vocalize any of his thoughts, though. He learned by doing. Taking the more experienced martial artists' words to heart, the boy began to focus more on his footwork, shifting to find the perfect balance to whip fast kicks, focusing on Kon's leg joints.

An ill-advised trip!

[roll0] for the attack
[roll1] if it hits, for Dexterity trippin'

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-01, 12:17 AM
Odin
Kon wheels backwards and is caught off balance by Odin's attack, but he does manage to get a hit in that knocks the air out of his lungs (another bruise and stunned, can use extra effort to trade stun for fatigue so you can act)

Astro_sol
2012-10-01, 12:28 AM
Hits to the solar plexus hurt. He'd finally gotten the bastard good, but he had to go and ruin it by hitting him right where it hurt. Odin struggled to draw breath.

I can take it!

Odin forced air into his abused lungs through sheer willpower. He forced his words into a shout as he rushed forward towards the prone Kon.

"Eat this!" he shouted as he brought his leg back. "Odin Punt!"

Striking a prone opponent. Moving to strike him, if it's needed. Have a hero point just in case.

Dat roll: [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-01, 12:40 AM
Odin
The moment Odin breathes in, something awakens, and a light aura encircles him, getting Kon and Aoi to raise eyebrows in surprise. Then, when he goes in for a punt, his kick ignites and Kon has to block in his awkward position tonot get hit in the face by a raging inferno of Chi. He gets sent across the room in a way reminiscent to what Odin had seen Jace do not to long ago.

"Damn kid," Aoi says, "I knew you had potential but this is just rediculous, you have a natural battle aura, you really know how to pick them Kon," he says, as Kon picks himself up off the ground, his hands steaming.

"I believe that this is considered a success. Well done," Kon says, grinning even as he flexes his hand, "I would like to know your name, Jace never mentioned it. I would also like to ask if you'd be interested in an apprenticeship," that got Aoi's eyes into his hairline, which made him look a lot less intimidating, "I was kidding when I said that earlier. You've never taught your fighting style to anyone before!" Kon only smirks and awaits Odin's answer.

Then you hear from the door, "That was totally WICKED!" shouted by Jace as he stared on with awe, getting Aoi to facepalm and sigh in exasperation. You have a feeling this has happened before.

(Odin gains Battle Form 2, do with the points what you will. It does not have the Doesn't Fade or Second Stage extras yet)

Astro_sol
2012-10-01, 12:53 AM
He thought he felt it. Some inner strength, rising through him when he kicked Kon. And he'd sent him flying.

It felt good.

He couldn't help but strike his victory pose immediately after seeing Kon fly. He struck his hands up diagonally, palms stretched flat as he angled his body to the side.

"YUSS!" he shouted in English.

He quickly realized where he was, though, and quickly dusted himself off as Kon approached him and talked to him. The exchange between Kon and Aoi was interesting. It seemed that Kon was something special, and Odin knew 100% that the dude had seriously held back on him. And if that chi stuff he did had helped him pull off that stunt...

Odin nodded, and smirked at Jace's words before turning back to Kon. "I'm Donovan O'Sullivan, but my friends call me Odin. I, uh," he faltered. Things were getting a bit formal for his tastes, but he felt like some of it was required. He'd never done any of this dojo stuff before, let alone start summoning up chi-crap to kick people across rooms. And if he hadn't been mistaken, he'd been glowing, too. "I'd be honored to be your apprentice. I think I've got a lot to learn," he finished, scratching the back of his head.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-01, 01:23 AM
OdinKon grins, "Odin, it's surprising how well that will fit once you finish your apprenticeship," he then nods, "come here tomorrow after your classes are over, I'll explain what my art is and then we'll see about setting up a schedule. I'm sure you don't want to be here every day."

(PL Caps up 1 and 5 free points)

Note to Everyone
After your first combat IC you will increase in PL Caps, so you'll effectively be PL 6 and will gain 5 points to spend as you'd like. Just so happens that Odin's power gave him that first combat quicker.

Astro_sol
2012-10-01, 10:13 AM
Odin couldn't help but laugh, but got cut off as his knees buckled. He caught himself before he fell.

"Holy crap," he said. "This is a lot to take in, and I'm exhausted. I think I should, uh, go take a nap." He moved to fetch his jacket and valuables. "But I'll definitely be here tomorrow. Count on it."

Ballin'. Unless they want more to do with Odin, I'm thinking he's going to go rest until he's recovered.

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-01, 03:50 PM
"Wow.... I really should take walks more often. Sometimes I forget places like this even exist." Vance admits to Shou Shou as they walk towards the temple. Vance takes a good look at the outside of the temple amazed by the age of it. He takes a look on the inside.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-01, 04:34 PM
VanceAs Vance walks into the shrine, he hears light breathing, slow, like someone sleeping.

(Roll Notice)

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-01, 04:55 PM
Vance wonders what that noise he hears could be. He remains silent as he watches his surroundings.

Notice: [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-01, 05:10 PM
VanceYou see a tail hanging from the rafters overhead, which is attached to a humanoid figure sleeping there. The tail twitches every now and then, uh oh, looks like she got into the catnip, now you hear purring, may want to leave before she wakes up, she's a little on the touchy side when she wakes up... too late, he says, as you see her yawn and get up, stretching.

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-01, 05:23 PM
"That´s Kaya?" Vance wonders as he watches the nekomata. He tries to move away but he doesnt think he would be able to leave on time. He remembers what Shou Shou told him about its abilities and decides to summon him just in case. "Hello. Lady Kaya. I didnt mean to bother you in your sleep."

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-01, 06:56 PM
VanceNekomata, female cat demon, a type of fey from the northern part of Japan, very friendly tricksters, sorta like a kitsune, Shou Shou says, but they get a little touchy when they get catnip.

"Nyaa~," said nekomata yawns, letting you see that she does look mostly human, but has fur, a tail, and cat-like ears. Her hair is a little messy, but she is quite beautiful, and looks like she's not wearing a shirt, though her fur does cover anything from being seen. She still doesn't seem to notice Vance.

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-01, 07:10 PM
Vance coughs trying to catch the attention of Kaya. Vance had decided to ignore Shou Shou´s warning for the possibility of a contract. "Sorry to bother you, Lady Kaya." he replies trying to be as polite as possible. "If I may have a minute of your time..."

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-01, 08:19 PM
VanceShe turns to look at Vance, you can see she's still sleepy, "no one's come here in a while," she says, rubbing her eyes, which makes Shou Shou do a huh? before she walks over to what looks like a dresser and pulls out a kimono and slips it on, "sorry about that, I didn't get much sleep last night."

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-01, 08:47 PM
"It is fine." Vance replies with a smile and his eyes closed. He wondered how long *a while* could mean for a being like her. Still, he decided to stay away from the subject. "Lady Kaya, if I may ask. What are you doing in a place like this? Is there a reason to guard this place?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-01, 08:55 PM
Vance"It's nice here," she replies, "it's quiet, the people are nice, and people aren't as likely to notice me when I go into town, even with the cat ears. I used to hate it here, but now, it's home to me."

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-06, 11:27 AM
Vance decided to bring up the reason for his approach. "I was wondering. Are you capable of making contracts?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-06, 12:48 PM
Vance
Kaya raises an eyebrow, "all demons and spirits can, though it is rare for a human to know about contracts," she says, "and even fewer ever make them. Personally, I rarely make contracts myself, unless the contractor can prove himself, that is," Her ears twitch then she ducks as a little girl with more pronounced cat ears jumps where she used to be instead slamming into Vance's chest and knocking him over, "Aurora..." Kaya says with an exasperated sigh, "what have I told you about doing that?"

The girl, Aurora, doesn't seem to pay attention, to busy staring at Vance's face, then two, rather large cat ears twitch and she pulls a marker out of nowhere and starts drawing on Vance's face, "AURORA!" Kaya shouts, getting the girl to flinch and jump off Vance as if he were made of hot coals, "Sorry about her, she's a little troublemaker. This is my daughter Aurora."

"Aura," she says, puffing out her cheek in a pout. Getting Kaya to grow a tic mark on her forehead.

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-06, 01:14 PM
Vance stares with curiosity at small and cute nekomata. They... can have children... weird Vance decides to keep his thoughs to himself. Vance then rubs a sleeve on his head to erase whatever was drawn on his face. "But what kind of proof would you need to make a contract? Just out of curiosity." He asks.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-06, 01:42 PM
Vance"Well, that depends on the Contract," Kaya says as she walks over to Aurora, "but usually it's a measure of ability, how well you do in combat, how good a talker you are, how good you are in bed, that sort of thing," she says nonchalantly, getting a squeak out of Aurora at the last one, her face now a very bright shade of red, "Mama!" she cries, getting Kaya to laugh, "I don't believe I got your name," she says as she offers a hand, which he now sees is actually clawed, though they're only slightly so.

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-06, 02:02 PM
"I am.... Vance Decken." He decides to get up by himself feeling a little awkward after hearing the third option. He wasnt sure if he could actually try to fight a being like her. He wondered if he was a good enough talker but proving that sounded like the best option. "Well, what would you want in exchange if hipothetically we made a contract? And what would I get?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-06, 02:23 PM
Vance"I did say it depends on the contract, the one asking for the contract usually decides what they want, then the demon or spirit being contracted makes their price. Then it's just negotiations and haggling from there," Kaya explains, "this is your first contract isn't it," she says rather than asks, "I have an idea, how about you make a contract with Aurora," Aura! "it'll get both of you used to the negotiations," she offers, "This would be Aurora's first contract too, so something simple should be a good start for the both of you."

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-06, 02:46 PM
"Mhh..... This would actually be my second contract, actually." He mentions while scratching the back of his head with a nervous smile. He skipped the part about the whole contract being an accident. "Well, how about this? You help me become more agile and good at bonding with animals." Vance proposes to Aurora.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-07, 01:28 AM
Vance"I can offer you the ability to talk to cats and some of a cat's instincts," Aurora says. In the background, Kaya poors tea into three mugs, and brings them over, taking a seat and sipping from hers, "if you get my mom to give me a little sister," Kaya promptly does a spit take. Aurora starts rolling on the ground laughing, "Oh god, that was so worth it!" she says between bouts of laughter, once she calms down, with an extra bump on her head curtesy a massively blushing nekomata, "hehe, how about you just come by and keep us company every now and then and we'll call it a deal?"

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-07, 11:48 AM
Vance shrugged the joke suggestion from Aurora preferring to stay away from those matters. He focused on the gifts and the deal for about a few seconds. The deal seemed to be quite fair. "Well ladies, I believe we got a deal." Vance proclaimed before a brief pause. He wondered how he was supposed close a deal. He reached out his hand to offer a handshake.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-07, 03:43 PM
Vance
Aurora takes Vance's hand in a shake. For a second, both hands glow and a sigil appears on the back of Vance's hand before fading from view. Something similar appears on Aurora's hand before doing the same as Vance's.

(Vance now has Comprehend Animals 2 Limited to Cats and Linked Boost 4 Dexterity and Strength, all with Personal and Total Fade applied)

"So, you want to test your contract?" Kaya asks.

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-08, 06:43 AM
"Prove.... how?" Vance asked with curiosity. He wondered what kind of prove would it be.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-08, 12:33 PM
Vance"I said test, not prove," Kaya says, "it's simple really, you just need to use it in order to test it."

Vance, I have the contract point, ask me and I can activate it for you, Shou Shou says.

"How about I just give you a little chance to fight with it? It will get you used to the boost," Kaya continues, not knowing Shou Shou had made a comment, or that he was even around.

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-08, 03:18 PM
Vance rubs his chin as he hear Shou Shou´s idea. "Yeah. I agree. Lets do it." Vance replies not noticing he had also agreed to Kaya´s suggestion.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-08, 05:42 PM
Vance"Great! Come out back then, you'll need some room for this," Kaya says, grabbing Vance's hand and pulling him outside, she's surprisingly strong given her frame.

Once outside, she goes over to a tree and lets a small blue flame appear on her fingertip then drops to the ground. The ground surges up and a coffin emerges, which opens to reveal a very gaunt humanoid creature, with no skin and black muscle. It doesn't really look all that scary despite this.

"Here's your opponent."

Shou Shou chimes in, A remnant? Well, they're not that strong, and are fairly friendly for undead...

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-08, 08:13 PM
Vance face turns pale as he watches the undead creature in front of him. "I... I... Alright, lets do this." Vance had doubted himself for a few seconds but this was his chance. A chance to become to train and become a hero. His ideal was finally in his reach and he though of this as his first step.

"So, Shou Shou, about that thing you can activate..." He reminds shou shou.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-08, 09:07 PM
VanceThe remnant places a hand across its chest and bows as if it were a butler as Shou Shou activates the boost, causing the mark to appear on Vance's hand before fading again.

(Vance has Initiative)

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-09, 06:56 AM
Vance decides to run forward with his right hand as a fist. The only thing left to do is fight with the best of his skill even with his lack of experience.

Charge [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-09, 07:46 PM
VanceThe remnant dodges to the side and makes an attack itself, hitting but not really dealing any damage, surprisingly, it's not very strong, but it is a LOT faster than it's appearance would suggest.

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-09, 09:34 PM
Vance scratches the back of his head. He understood he had to be a lot more careful especially in combat. The first step was to try again just like his dad would. "OK. This time for real."

Attack: [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-10, 04:54 PM
VanceThe remnant dodges it once more and misses Vance's head by a few inches, "Come on Vance, you can hit him!" Aura says, and causes his mark to glow a moment again.

(Temporary +2 on Melee attacks)

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-11, 01:50 PM
Vance wont surrender. He is sure he can do it. Once again, he tries to punch the zombie.

Attack round 3: [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-11, 02:17 PM
VanceVance's punch looks like it will miss, but a quick redirection slams his fist just over the remnant's stomach, causing it to lock up for a moment before keeling over.

"That was kind of disappointing," Kaya says, "I'm guessing you were never trained to fight?" she asks.

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-11, 02:27 PM
"Yep. Its true. " Vance admits with a red face and a smile that seemed to say You got me.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-11, 02:31 PM
Vance"Then why ask for the abilities of a cat? It doesn't make much sense if you're not a fighter," she sighs then seemingly changes the subject, "you said this wasn't your first contract, what was your first one?"

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-11, 03:08 PM
"With a ghost. Its name is Shou Shou." Vance declares. He then decides to summon it and let it help explaining.

Summon pet Shou Shou

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-11, 03:56 PM
VanceAlmost as soon as Shou Shou appears, Aurora tackles him while squeeing "KAWAII" and getting Kaya to facepalm, "you've shrunk since I last saw ya Shou," she says, "HELP ME!" Shou Shou shouts in a panic.

"Okay, that explains some things. How about I offer you a trade, your ability to boost your strength and agility for a spark of ghostfire," Kaya offers, showing the same blue fire she had animated the remnant with. "Can't... breathe..." Shou Shou says before slipping from Aurora's hand and literally bouncing around the forest before landing, face first, in the ground in front of Vance.

Kaya's trying to hold back her laughter as Shou Shou pulls himself free and flies back into Vance to hide from Aurora.

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-11, 07:12 PM
Vance though about the offer for a second. His lack of close combat skills made the offer quite good. Still, he wondered if the fire would better suited for him. "Its a deal. I´ll take your offer, Miss Kaya." Vance agreed.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-13, 01:36 AM
VanceKaya takes a hold of Vance's hand and the symbol from Aurora's contract appears before twisting into a new shape, "that should do it," she says as another symbol, a halo with wings, appears above the one from Kaya and Aurora and the two meld together, "contract syncronization, what every contracter looks for when making contracts. Complimentary contracts that work together to make a stronger whole."

(Lose Boost Str and Boost Dex, gain Incorporeal 4 with the Full Power, Fades, and Total Fade extras/flaws/drawbacks)

CatClovis
2012-10-13, 10:08 PM
Looking at the symbols on the sword again, Hisoka remembered hearing something about a professor who taught at the university in the next town over and was a specialist in ancient linguistics. Checking to make sure he had enough change to make the train ride out to the next town and back, he said goodbye to Lyn, who was intently studying the scroll and gloves, walked out, and starting heading to the train station.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-14, 08:00 PM
HisokaThe train is a little crowded as you climb on, you have to stand for the ride, which will be about 15 minutes.

CatClovis
2012-10-14, 08:10 PM
Hisoka didn't manage to get a seat on the train, so had to stand for the fifteen minute train ride. He looked out the window and blinked at the bright morning sunlight; he was stiff and tired from sleeping on the cold warehouse floor. He purposefully ignored his cell-phone, "Mom's gonna be pissed when I get home". He should have called to say he was going to be out for the night, but he was too excited to have bothered with it. "Oh well, she can deal." he thought. This was more important anyway.
The train pulled into the station, and Hisoka got off and began walking towards the university.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-15, 01:20 PM
HisokaThe train pulls to a stop and a wave of people get off, which isn't surprising. They end up carrying Hisoka off the platform in a solid wave of people, but eventually they disperse. Hisoka only really has to walk another couple of blocks to reach the university. The gates are open and a large group is in the courtyard, one ordering people around as they scramble, it looks like they're getting ready for a trip.

The one giving orders is the professor Hisoka is looking for, Doctor Amegaki Tesla, noted as the leading archaeologist in the province and the leading expert in ancient linguistics in Japan. By what he can gather, Hisoka can tell they're heading to a digsite found just outside of Inaba, surprisingly close to Ryoo High.

Amegaki = Rain Kid or Rain Brat

CatClovis
2012-10-15, 02:18 PM
Hisoka walks into the university courtyard, which is surprisingly busy for a Sunday. People are running around with papers, shovels, and various digging tools, frantically trying to to organize. Amid all this chaos, Hisoka sees that the man calling out orders to the others is exactly who he came to see.

Dr. Amegaki Tesla is probably one of the few people who can read what is written on Hisoka's sword. Hisoka hangs back to the side of the courtyard and considers his chances of successfully sneaking into one of the groups. "I need to get Doctor Amegaki alone."

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-15, 09:24 PM
Hisoka"You there!" Tesla calls out, pointing at Hisoka, "don't just stand around, we've got work to do! Help load that van!" he shouts, pointing to a beat up old van which is loaded with tons of digging equipment, including a mini hand excavator, containers labeled mineral acid, and trench shovels.

CatClovis
2012-10-18, 05:30 PM
"Well that was easier than I thought it would be."
Hisoka can't help but smile about his good timing while he starts to help load up the van.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-22, 04:13 PM
HisokaIt takes roughly an hour before the loading is complete, how that much stuff fit in one van was beyond anyone, but after that, everyone is given a few minutes to rest before they head out, about another hour before they get going.

CatClovis
2012-10-27, 02:23 PM
Now that the van was loaded, the courtyard became considerably more calm. Dr. Tesla had stopped shouting orders and was sitting on a bench on the other side of the courtyard. Walking towards him, Hisoka pulled out the paper he copied the sword's writing on and hesitated a little before saying,"Excuse, Dr Tesla, my name is Ishida Hisoka, and I recently found something I think you can help me with."

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-27, 10:12 PM
HisokaTesla is looking at a map when you approach, a map of Inaba, to be precise. Two locations are circled, the Scrapyard and an area outside the city (random OOC notice check results).

"Hm?" He looks up, he looks a little annoyed, then he hears your intro, "you're not one of my students then? And you still helped?" he seems a little surprised at that, then sighs, "let me take a look, then. Consider it a trade for your help."

Hisoka gets the feeling that he takes repaying people very seriously, and that's the only reason he's offering.

CatClovis
2012-10-31, 07:33 PM
"Thank you. I was wandering around in the scrapyard and I found this broken sword that had this writing on it" He hesitated for a second, not sure if he should continue, and said, "And, I also found a mirror, and the reflection of the sword did some really strange things. I was hoping you could translate the writing or help me find out where the sword came from."

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-31, 08:59 PM
HisokaHe pauses in taking the paper, "... you were in the Scrapyard?" he asks, honestly curious, "How was Ash? I heard he owns the place now," he takes the sheet and takes a look, and raises an eyebrow, "it's a poem, a rather macabre one too..." he says, then quickly writes down the translation and hands it back, "I'll be in Inaba tomorrow, you'll be able to find me outside the town if you need anything else."

Poem: The Grave Where I Used to Play
Beyond the grave where lost souls play
Lies a secret that's kept hidden away

Into the dark they drag me in
Put me to sleep and pierce my skin

Break my bones and tear out my heart
Lock it up and tear me apart

Drinking my blood until my veins run dry
and feeding on the tears that I cry

Shrivelled and whithered I passed away
Killed near the grave where I used to play...

CatClovis
2012-11-05, 03:31 PM
Hisoka thanks Dr. Tesla, but before he can ask anymore questions, the professor starts ordering for people to gather around the van. Encouraged now that the sword was translated, Hisoka walks to the university library. "The scrapyard was circled on his map and he knew Ash; Dr. Tesla has probably been to the scrapyard before. If he's written anything on the subject, it's going to be in the library here.".
Hisoka arrives at the library and begins looking for anything that could be related to either the sword, the scrapyard, or the poem.

EdroGrimshell
2012-11-07, 09:15 AM
HisokaYou don't find anything, there isn't even anything on Inaba except a passing reference in a book about Kyoto. The lack of stuff, however, is not reflected in the computer lookup, which says there are two such books. Both checked out by a Dr. Slate months ago and never returned.

EdroGrimshell
2012-11-11, 10:56 AM
NOTE:
I will say this now because of a combination of my own annoyance and Astro mentioning himself. CatClovis, I am afraid I am going to have to take you out of the game unless you can post more often. As it is, I am moving onto Lyn's storyline. As of right now though, I'll post for Cat whenever he posts, but focus on Lyn's storyline for now.
Lyn
Looking through the scroll a little, you find the basics for the seals, it enhances the kinetic energy used by the wearer, for that hand only. It's able to enhance the power of thrown weapons as well.

(Strike 3, Mighty, AP Enhanced Feats Throwing Mastery 4)

Elbeyon
2012-11-11, 11:10 AM
Looking through the scroll a little, you find the basics for the seals, it enhances the kinetic energy used by the wearer, for that hand only. It's able to enhance the power of thrown weapons as well.

(Strike 3, Mighty, AP Enhanced Feats Throwing Mastery 4)

After much brow frowning it all finally clicks for lyn, "Got it!" She says with a great deal of enthusiasm. She gives Hisoka's working area a glance but notices hes' gone. She gives a half hearted shrug and decides to try out her new toy. She slips on the glove, it's wide finger holes obviously not designed for her, and grabs a nearby piece of wielding scrap and throws it at a pile of refuse.

EdroGrimshell
2012-11-11, 12:25 PM
Lyn
The thin strip of metal pierces a large paint can, with paint still in it. Then it sticks into the stone wall behind it, though only just. You know there's more to it, but the other functions are hidden behind other seals.

(Glove is discovered to be a 2 rank Device)