PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Ways of getting Handbow proficiency?

jaybird
2012-09-19, 06:17 PM
So I want to play a Halfling Ninja who makes use of ranged sneak attacks. How do I get Hand Crossbow proficiency?

Blisstake
2012-09-19, 06:46 PM
Take Exotic Weapon proficiency, take a class that gets proficiency in it, or change your race to drow or half-elf (half-elf can sub skill focus for exotic weapon prof.)

My advice: use shurikens.

grarrrg
2012-09-19, 07:11 PM
Take Exotic Weapon proficiency, take a class that gets proficiency in it, or change your race to drow or half-elf (half-elf can sub skill focus for exotic weapon prof.)

My advice: use shurikens.

The only class with Hand Crossbow prof. is the Rogue, and since he wants Ninja levels, then Rogue is not an option.
Although, a Rogue CAN take any Ninja Trick in place of a Talent, so you could just go Rogue and take all/mostly Ninja Tricks.

Blisstake
2012-09-19, 09:12 PM
The only class with Hand Crossbow prof. is the Rogue, and since he wants Ninja levels, then Rogue is not an option.
Although, a Rogue CAN take any Ninja Trick in place of a Talent, so you could just go Rogue and take all/mostly Ninja Tricks.

I'm well aware. I was saying all the typical ways to get the proficiency, not just as a halfling ninja (which boils down to take the feat).