PDA

View Full Version : Get well Rich!

Pages : [1] 2

Kancsar
2012-09-19, 07:04 PM
glass cuts are no joke. hope you take the time you need and get well.

Boogastreehouse
2012-09-19, 07:08 PM
Don't worry about us, we'll be fine.

We'll just take this time to come up with some really ridiculous threads here on the forum.

Feel better!

WarLegalomon
2012-09-19, 07:17 PM
I just read the news. Poor Rich :( That sounds very painful. Get healed up nicely, Rich! Think of this time off as a vacation from drawing :) Remember, heal up 100% before you get back to doodling. Quality healing is better than quick healing. So take your time, I'm sure the fans will be patient. I'm thankful it wasn't a worse injury. *HUGS*

RustyVenture
2012-09-19, 07:18 PM
Yea seriously Giant, get well soon! I've had a bad cut on my hand (luckily non-writing hand) that involved some nerve damage, it's never fun to deal with. Hopefully it's the kind of thing that will heal up over time without any lasting issues, leaving you with just a new battle scar and a story to tell.

Exediron
2012-09-19, 07:21 PM
Get well soon!

Well, you won't - but get well as soon as you can, okay? :smallwink:

SaintRidley
2012-09-19, 07:24 PM
We can take care of ourselves pretty well while you heal, Rich. Take your time and make sure you get well first, before you decide to take care of us.

Adeen
2012-09-19, 07:26 PM
Love ya Rich! I wish you to heal up and get well soon, but for you, not for us. :smallbiggrin:

Get well Rich!
/signed

RollynT.Glal
2012-09-19, 07:30 PM
Hope you feel better soon Giant!

Gwynfrid
2012-09-19, 07:31 PM
Terrible luck, all the worse for an artist. :smalleek:

All the best wishes for a speedy recovery to our one and only Giant ! Also, all the best to Mrs. Giant who's going to have to do all the work with answering the tons of email for the next few weeks...

Rhasimir
2012-09-19, 07:32 PM
Like the others on this thread:Get well, take the time to heal properly!

For those looking for something to do for 6 weeks, look at this xkcd comic http://xkcd.com/1110/ :smallbiggrin:

stsasser
2012-09-19, 07:36 PM
Rookie mistake: always punch your mirror with your non-drawing hand!

Thanks for letting us know and thanks to Mrs. Giant, also.

Cure Giant Wounds :durkon:

sims796
2012-09-19, 07:43 PM
Erm, dude, we're used to waiting month's on-end without a new comic, we can wait a little longer while you heal up. Just worry about getting better, we ain't going anywhere.

bengator
2012-09-19, 07:47 PM
Get better Rich! I cant wait to see what theories the forum comes up with having a few months to stew about it. We will all be here when you get back.

And hi Mrs. Giant!

Bagger Baggins
2012-09-19, 08:02 PM
Get well soon, Rich. And thanks much Mrs. Rich for being obviously the coolest wife in the world.

Blisstake
2012-09-19, 08:10 PM
Ouch, as someone who just had a broken tendon I can understand the pain.

Wishing you the best! Get better before even thinking about working on the comic strip.

Emperordaniel
2012-09-19, 08:10 PM
...ouch. That must really, really hurt. :eek:

We all hope that you'll be feeling better soon, Rich. We'll wait for you. :smallsmile:

fuelstaind
2012-09-19, 08:14 PM
I am sorry to hear about this. I hope Rich has a swift recovery. I know this isn't the first time that something has prevented the strips from being updated for weeks at a time. We have patiently waited then, and shall continue to do so now. Take all the time you need Rich, we will still be here when you return.

In the meantime, I think it's time to go all the way to the beginning and re-read the entire series.

P.S. I am grateful that Mrs. Giant was able to let us know what happened. Thank you and I hope that someday, you get to make an appearence in the Order of the Stickworld.

FrozenSnowy
2012-09-19, 08:16 PM
Joining everyone in the getting better wishes, and come back to us only when you really feel better! I don't even remember how much time ago I began reading the comics (I don't use the forums at all so I registered only when I saw the message), but it always amazes me how waiting a long while for a comic strip always pays up.
So, it's only fair you'll deliver once you had your rest. I'm pretty sure everyone who heard of the Kickstarter / helped it knows how much it drains and takes your time, so I'm pretty sure Vaarsuvius will hold up a bit longer without joining the group!

(Worst case scenario, I mean, how hard can it be Mrs. Giant? :smallwink:)

mr. Tentacles
2012-09-19, 08:23 PM
Get well soon Giant, but don't rush things, I don't mind the wait :smallsmile:

Also, thanks for letting us know.

The Glyphstone
2012-09-19, 08:25 PM
I am sorry to hear about this. I hope Rich has a swift recovery. I know this isn't the first time that something has prevented the strips from being updated for weeks at a time. We have patiently waited then, and shall continue to do so now. Take all the time you need Rich, we will still be here when you return.

In the meantime, I think it's time to go all the way to the beginning and re-read the entire series.

P.S. I am grateful that Mrs. Giant was able to let us know what happened. Thank you and I hope that someday, you get to make an appearence in the Order of the Stickworld.

She does have a Stickatar of sorts, we've seen her before:
http://www.giantitp.com/Images/fanart/ootslate1.gif

Zea mays
2012-09-19, 08:29 PM
Echoing everyone's sentiment: Hope the pain of the injury will go away quickly, and please take all the time you need to heal well.

Thanks for the news Mrs. Giant

CloakedDancer
2012-09-19, 08:36 PM
Oh no! :smallfrown: Glass cuts are no fun, and surgery can be scary for an artist who uses their hands. Definitely hoping for the best!

Also very thankful to Mrs. Giant for letting us know what is going on. Always appreciate communication, even when it's about such unfortunate circumstances. Good luck with everything! Answering all those emails sounds like a lot of work.

Caivs
2012-09-19, 08:37 PM
Heal well Rich, we're all supporting you.

Shhalahr Windrider
2012-09-19, 08:39 PM
Ouch.

Hoping for a complete and speedy recovery.

Pokonic
2012-09-19, 08:51 PM
Get well soon, Rich!:smallsmile:

Vectner
2012-09-19, 09:03 PM
Take the time you need. Healing thoughts and best wishes to you.

Loki_42
2012-09-19, 09:05 PM
This comic is worth any amount of time for you to heal. Get well soon.

gorocz
2012-09-19, 09:08 PM
Having cut myself (accidentally) quite a few times on various sharp objects and various parts of my hand, I can sympathise. (Actually, I flinch every time anyone mentions a cut to a hand as it feels like I'm cut again myself :smalleek:).
Get well soon, Giant. :smallwink:

Btw - does anyone else find it highly ironic that this happened right after the appearance of the Keoghtum Ointment (Extra Strength). Shame we can't buy Giant one of those (though it'd have to be a version that is a bit more north on the alignemnt scale, who knows what side effects does this one have).

KoboldRevenge
2012-09-19, 09:16 PM
Well thank goodness it wasn't more serious (i think it was car accident right?).
Here's to your full recovery.

SolidWater
2012-09-19, 09:16 PM
Get well soon. No matter how long it takes, we'll still be here. Your work is worth any period of waiting.:smallsmile:

Incom
2012-09-19, 09:18 PM
We should get him, like, a card or something.

Maybe get some of the folks from the Fan Comics section to whip something up...

Dracarot
2012-09-19, 09:21 PM
You have my thoughts and prayers Giant! Take the time needed to heal!

Haruki-kun
2012-09-19, 09:36 PM
Get well soon, Mr. Giant.

...Rich is really frustrated that he's letting you down.

In no way. :smallsmile: We care more about your well-being. Rest up!

AutomatedTeller
2012-09-19, 09:43 PM
Be better, Mr. Giant! Take care of yourself.

Galidin
2012-09-19, 09:45 PM
I guess that holy spell did more damage the expected....

... but this means...

RICH IS EVIL!!!!

/run screaming

Galidin

P.S. Feel better! Being a paladin I know how viscous hand injuries can be!

Starscream
2012-09-19, 09:54 PM
Please don't rush yourself on our account, Giant, your health is much more important than drawing stick figures. I had a similar injury many years ago, and I know how serious that can be.

Faramir
2012-09-19, 09:59 PM
Best wishes for a full recovery!

Grey Watcher
2012-09-19, 09:59 PM
You should definitely take a break from drawing, but maybe you can dictate scripts to someone. I, for one, imagine OOTS issuing from a mind doped up on painkillers could be very entertaining. Of course, if it's anything like the time I had my wisdom teeth pulled, they're probably not the fun kind of painkillers and just make you want to sleep and watch vividly-colored TV shows. In which case, absolutely enjoy the time off!

oppyu
2012-09-19, 10:01 PM
Clearly broken glass has allied itself with the Arboreal Army, and has attacked Rich in an attempt to demoralise the world and soften us up for an imminent invasion.

Lappy9001
2012-09-19, 10:20 PM
Feel better soon Rich! Focus your energy on healing; we'll still be here when the comic returns :smallcool:

CarpeGuitarrem
2012-09-19, 10:26 PM
Clearly broken glass has allied itself with the Arboreal Army, and has attacked Rich in an attempt to demoralise the world and soften us up for an imminent invasion.
All orchestrated by Tarquin in an attempt to steal the spotlight.

Also: everyone multiclass to cleric! Let's get that heal-spamming down! Rich deserves nothing less! Get well soon! I can only imagine how sucky this is.

Syklone
2012-09-19, 10:29 PM
Hope you get better as quick as you can! Don't feel frustrated about your injury. We'll find something to do. Maybe get some of that late homework from reading OOTS done? :smalltongue:

Edit: And to be honest (I'm sorry), I wasn't exactly sure if Rich even had a wife.

jonathan_sicari
2012-09-19, 10:31 PM
Best wishes and hoping for a clean, speedy recovery.

ti'esar
2012-09-19, 10:32 PM
As an artist - or someone who draws, anyway - I find the thought of a hand injury particularly frightening. Hope things work out.

Wadjet Eye
2012-09-19, 11:17 PM
Don't worry! You're not letting us down at all. We just want you to get better as soon as you can. We're more than happy to wait for you to recover.

Dumbledore lives
2012-09-19, 11:27 PM
It's always unfortunate when something like this happens, and I'm sure you feel terrible that you can't work on OotS, but the forum will live on, with crazy theories to support it until you get truly better.

Amarsir
2012-09-19, 11:31 PM
The true talent is in the brain, not the hand. But admittedly, the hand does have a role.

Rest up, get well, and we'll keep an eye out for some Keoghtum.

SaintRidley
2012-09-19, 11:37 PM
I guess that holy spell did more damage the expected....

... but this means...

RICH IS EVIL!!!!

/run screaming

Galidin

Or perhaps he's Neutral. Neutral gets hurt by Holy Word too, you know.

Although we all know how silly that is. The source of this comic could be nothing other than Good.

Arcran
2012-09-19, 11:40 PM
Get well soon big guy!

Forikroder
2012-09-19, 11:46 PM
6 months
6 years
6 decades

well wait forever just concentrate on getting well, dont rush it you dont want to damage your hand even more

Mauve Shirt
2012-09-19, 11:52 PM
Oh dear! Best wishes, and good luck with the healing! Don't do anything the doctor says you can't, and don't feel like you're letting us down.

ThiagoMartell
2012-09-19, 11:57 PM
Get well, Rich!

Crescentia
2012-09-20, 12:00 AM

Viscous... eeeewwwwww! I hope not too viscous! (I am sure you meant "vicious" but the mental picture was too gross to pass by!)

ANYWAY, as an artist, I can only imagine the anguish of losing the art for a month and a half! In that situation I would resort to finger painting - or anything, really - with my left hand. There is no way I could survive that long without some sort of visual-tactile expression. Perhaps you will discover a new talent with your left hand! You may be an left-handed abstract genius, and would never have discovered it without the injury!

t209
2012-09-20, 12:07 AM
She does have a Stickatar of sorts, we've seen her before:

I thought she was intern or somebody. Anyway, good to know see Mrs. Burlews.

silvadel
2012-09-20, 12:11 AM
Best wishes and do not worry about us -- When you feel tempted to try to draw -- wait at least a week longer. We will still be here.

Irish Musician
2012-09-20, 12:16 AM
1ST - Get Well
2nd - Keep getting well
3rd - When you think you are well.......keep going.

In all seriousness, Feel better Rich!! Don't worry about us, I can say with all confidence that you have the support of the ENTIRE Forum!! Not to mention all those that read the comic but don't post here!! Thoughts are with you Rich!!

Kazyan
2012-09-20, 12:23 AM
Best wishes to Rich on the recovery. Turns out your chatterbox following cares for you. :smallsmile:

Tala Goodweed
2012-09-20, 12:27 AM
From Argentina I send you all the healing potions we can find. In the meantine, enjoy the painkillers and get well! :smallsmile:

Zar Peter
2012-09-20, 12:43 AM
Best wishes and get well from Austria, too!

Recover and don't think too much of OOTS and us. We will be fine here until the comic is back.

Draginbeard
2012-09-20, 12:52 AM
Wow, glass cuts are mean, no doubt. Hope you heal back up to full and feel better soon!

The order will rest in that room right there with all the cobwebs. Everybody ready? ... CAMP! :smallbiggrin:

PyrePh
2012-09-20, 01:09 AM
Don't worry about us, we can try to hold back our OOTS addiction long enough. Resting is really important, so I hope you get a nice break during this time! Thank you for all the comics, I really enjoy reading them.

Morgan Wick
2012-09-20, 01:10 AM
We'll just take this time to come up with some really ridiculous threads here on the forum.

How is that different from any other time?

Juggling Goth
2012-09-20, 01:35 AM
Just read the Kickstarter update. Poor Giant! Rest as long as you need to, and I hope the recovery process is smooth and uneventful (and quick, obviously, but I don't want to sound like I'm rushing you and you should definitely not hurt yourself worse trying to do things before you've recovered, so yeah).

Prophet_of_Io
2012-09-20, 01:38 AM
RICH! NOOOOO!:smalleek:

Get better soon big guy. All of us would rather have you healthy and at your best than a few more quick comics and risk future injury.

Hey, at least you have time to plan out the next few issues. I'll just be here getting super excited.:smallbiggrin:

Bibendum
2012-09-20, 01:57 AM
I really hope you will get well... take all the time you need for your health, that's what's really important here.

Giggling Ghast
2012-09-20, 01:57 AM
Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3TuOQkN7e0)

Fish
2012-09-20, 02:18 AM
Rich hurt his wrist. Now his hand will be in a sling.

This is the perfect time to learn the kazoo. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0198.html)

Bzzz bzz BZZZ! Bzz, bzz, bzz, bzz bz bzzz bz BZZ bzz!

albertstoop
2012-09-20, 02:29 AM
Get well and take enough rest.
We can wait.

Slamexo
2012-09-20, 02:35 AM
Take all the time you need to feel better Rich!

Silferdrake
2012-09-20, 02:52 AM
Dang, that's really tough luck Giant.
Take all the time you need to recover, as several of the others have noted we're not going anywhere. Best of luck in your recovery, I look forward to seeing what happens next in the Order of the Stick. Your work is truly extraordinary and (in my opinion) worth any wait.

Here's hoping you'll find a cleric to cast Cure Serious Wounds!

turkishproverb
2012-09-20, 03:54 AM
Take care of yourself giant! We'll all be wishing you weller than well!

deworde
2012-09-20, 03:57 AM
Get well soon Rich! And don't worry, we'll water the Epileptic Trees.

fan4battle
2012-09-20, 03:58 AM
At first I was bummed by the unfortunate news, but I quickly start to look on the bright side: I'll be able (to try) to not check the site a number of times daily for a new strip. I'll get more focused on my studying. Best wishes to the Giant with the hope that he can use the recovery time to get a really good and healing rest, so that when he's done he can be rejuvenatedly fresh and at his best. :smallsmile:

mikeyq6
2012-09-20, 04:33 AM
Don't worry, we'll keep Belkar under control while you're recovering :smallwink:

sednanalien
2012-09-20, 04:39 AM
Get well soon Rich! Your work is worth the wait :smallsmile:

eilandesq
2012-09-20, 04:47 AM
Ouch--not fun: I'm recuperating from far more planned surgery right now, and it has definitely been a frustrating experience waiting for the aftermath to go away. Take your time and get well--we'll be waiting when you get back.

Warmest Regards,

M. Scott Eiland

Iain
2012-09-20, 04:53 AM
Bet you wish you'd taken a level in Dashing Swordsman, now!

(Get well soon!)

lotusblossom13
2012-09-20, 05:05 AM
Hope you feel better and heal up nicely :)

Rockstep
2012-09-20, 05:37 AM
De-lurking to wish Rich a speedy recovery!

As others have said, don't worry about your fans - we'll still be here when you're feeling better! OOTS is just too awesome to forget about.

And with that, I'm going back to my re-reading of all the OOTS-comics, I've gotten as far as greysky... ;-)

Just Joseph
2012-09-20, 06:07 AM
Sending those good thoughts. Rest well, heal well, be well.

oppyu
2012-09-20, 06:10 AM
Now that Rich can't draw, does that mean he'll have time to come to the forums and respond to every banal question, insane theory and whiny complaint we have for him? I bet if we grill him for long enough, we could get Malack's alignment.

Killer Angel
2012-09-20, 06:14 AM
Here I am, joining the chorus of "get well!!".

This is the perfect time to learn the kazoo. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0198.html)

That is... very appropriate. :smallwink:

Now that Rich can't draw, does that mean he'll have time to come to the forums and respond to every banal question, insane theory and whiny complaint we have for him?

Or we can surf the other subforums (subfora?) of GitP...

LuPuWei
2012-09-20, 06:51 AM
Get well soon, G!

Take all the time you need and heal well.

To a full Health Bar!

talkamancer
2012-09-20, 06:52 AM
All the best Mr.Burlew, I hope all heals as expected. Don't rush back and do yourself any long term damage. We will all still be here when you return.

Take Care

Triqueon
2012-09-20, 07:13 AM
Hope the Giant gets well again soon, and as people here have already said: don't worry, we're used to the occasional wait, and we'll still be here when you get better. It's always been worth the wait, I'd be surprised it if were any different this time :D

Zallera
2012-09-20, 07:13 AM
De-lurking to say get well Giant!

Soleyfir
2012-09-20, 07:29 AM
What, no OOTS for a while? Give me my money back!

Err, wait... :smallbiggrin:

Juste get well and take your time Rich!

CoffeeIncluded
2012-09-20, 07:43 AM
Oh god, feel better, Rich!

Yana
2012-09-20, 07:53 AM
We wish you nothing but the best and pray for a complete recovery!

tomandtish
2012-09-20, 08:26 AM
Don't worry, we'll keep Belkar under control turn Belkar loose upon the real world while you're recovering :smallwink:

Fixed that for you.... :smallbiggrin:

Seriously, wishing you a speedy (and more importantly) full recovery.

Nephrahim
2012-09-20, 08:33 AM
Man, I can hardly imagine anything more terrifying then to hurt your hand as an Artist. Get well soon Rich!

Smolder
2012-09-20, 08:52 AM
Take your time getting better, Rich!

And in the meantime, practice left handed drawing. Maybe start a new webcomic about ghosts or amoeba or something, so if their outlines are a little shaky, you can say it's intentional. :smallbiggrin:

Cizak
2012-09-20, 08:59 AM
I can only echo what all the others have said, but I too wanted to say "get well". I hope your recovery is swift and painless, Rich.

Also, thanks to Mrs. Giant for letting us know.

Ingus
2012-09-20, 09:23 AM
I wish you get well soon. But, as already said, take your time and come back only when your doctor allows it.

Since then, I'll try to send healing thoughts. I'll interpose one of them every two kinky thoughts: you're gonna have lots of them :smallbiggrin:

Uhm, on second thought, better specify that my usual kinky thoughts are not about you

NeoSeraphi
2012-09-20, 09:25 AM
Get well soon, Rich. Hey, all this means is that OotS will go on for six extra weeks (even if it is on hiatus, it also delays the ending). I'm perfectly fine with that.

You are in my thoughts and my prayers. :smallsmile:

Mrs. Giant, I appreciate your letting us know beforehand, I would have felt awful if people started posting about how long the next update took and then everyone found out why and felt like jerks.

Until next time.

oppyu
2012-09-20, 09:26 AM
I wish you get well soon. But, as already said, take your time and come back only when your doctor allows it.

Since then, I'll try to send healing thoughts. I'll interpose one of them every two kinky thoughts: you're gonna have lots of them :smallbiggrin:

Uhm, on second thought, better specify that my usual kinky thoughts are not about you
Right with you, except for that last part.

Hi Rich :smallwink:

Dublock
2012-09-20, 10:05 AM
Relax, don't worry about us and work on healing.

Catch up on reading and movie watching.

HandofShadows
2012-09-20, 10:13 AM
I hope you heal completely and heal soon. And enjoy the pain pills while they last. ;)

Starknight
2012-09-20, 10:14 AM
Thinking healing thoughts and sending them your way.

DarioD
2012-09-20, 10:51 AM
Get well soon Rich. And don't worry about us (readers and/or kickstart supporters), you'll find us here when you are back. So take your time until you're fully and properly healed!

D.

SteveDJ
2012-09-20, 10:55 AM
Adding my own "Get well soon" :smallsmile:

But also wanted to add a request to the Mods here - this thread needs to be pinned for a few weeks, too!

Joe the Rat
2012-09-20, 11:03 AM
Get well, heal up, worry about other things.

We'll be here when you are ready to get back to it.

We're nuts like that.

The Pilgrim
2012-09-20, 11:23 AM
Couldn't he learn to draw with his left hand?

just kidding

Get well soon, Giant. :smallsmile:

Cuthalion
2012-09-20, 11:48 AM
I hope your recovery is swift and goes well. Thank you so much for what you've been doing for the last 7 years. We all appreciate it so much!

Sunken Valley
2012-09-20, 11:59 AM
Is it wrong that this is the first time I found out that Rich actually drew the comic and didn't just use templates he pre-stored on adobe illustrator.

Thank you very much for telling us in advance even though the comic has no schedule and don't push too hard.

Cleverdan22
2012-09-20, 12:04 PM
Wow, get well soon Rich, and best of luck!

Morquard
2012-09-20, 12:09 PM
Best wishes Giant, and get well soon!

Don't start drawing too early because you think you owe it to us. You're not helping anyone (you least of all) if you ruin your hand for good.

Mike Havran
2012-09-20, 12:42 PM
Get well soon, Giant!

:durkon: Heal!
:redcloak: Heal!
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/Cats_Are_Aliens/Banners/Malack.png Heal!

Cirnech
2012-09-20, 12:49 PM
If the Doctor says you're going to recover fully, then you're very lucky. All the best, Rich.

Studoku
2012-09-20, 01:08 PM
Healing thoughts. If only I were psionic so my thoughts could heal.

Get well soon, Giant!

Vinsfeld
2012-09-20, 01:25 PM
Get well soon, Giant. But be sure to come back only when you're 100%. I'm sure we can all wait

GSFB
2012-09-20, 01:26 PM
And let me be the first to welcome our new Space Cat Overlords!

http://gullyborg.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83421dda453ef017744e09b02970d-pi

fungusamnguss32
2012-09-20, 01:36 PM
Hey Rich. Long time reader here. Hope you feel better soon. We can wait for your hand to heal. Will be here when you get ready. Take care and God bless!

Sunfall
2012-09-20, 01:43 PM
Adding my healing thoughts to the pile. Take your time and get well again!

Horrible injuries story time:
I once accidentally gripped a serrated knife by the wrong end. Since then my left forefinger's fingerprint has been... a little more unique than it was before. No long-term harm done, thankfully. So hopefully there'll be nothing more than an interesting scar left of yours, too :elan:

pendell
2012-09-20, 01:57 PM
I was sorry to read the announcement. Please accept my best wishes and prayers. Get well soon!

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Mighty
2012-09-20, 02:28 PM
What? No ambidexterity? You picked the wrong feats!

Ps. Get well Rich :)

Edhelras
2012-09-20, 02:31 PM
*Think think think the healing thoughts!*

Hope you're well soon, Rich. We all love you so much for all the fantastic fun you've given us, and we're so hungry for more!

Edhelras

Kish
2012-09-20, 02:34 PM
Take care of your hand, and I hope you heal quickly and have good pain medication, Rich.

ti'esar
2012-09-20, 02:45 PM
Now that Rich can't draw, does that mean he'll have time to come to the forums and respond to every banal question, insane theory and whiny complaint we have for him? I bet if we grill him for long enough, we could get Malack's alignment.

...Get well quick, Rich!

martianmister
2012-09-20, 03:34 PM
Who is Rich Burlew and why he's married to a woman?

GET BETTER RICH BURLEW!

Mal22
2012-09-20, 03:54 PM
Take care! Get better! Heal good!

AMJ
2012-09-20, 03:56 PM
I'll also chip in and say get well in due time Rich :smallsmile:. We have been around for years (nearing a decade) we can wait a couple of months more.

Thank you Mrs. Giant, for the message and for helping the whole community we really appreciate it.

- Anders

Chessgeek
2012-09-20, 04:28 PM
Any chance Durkon can just cast Heal?
Get well soon Rich. We can just bicker about completely random topics until the comic returns...Just like we will when it does.

Cikomyr
2012-09-20, 05:02 PM
With enough money, we could kickstart a robotic hand project for The Giant... right?

Chess Tyrant
2012-09-20, 05:03 PM
Posting here to support everyone who's telling the Giant to take time in recovering. In the long term, OOTS has been running for years and will hopefully continue to run for years more; waiting a few extra weeks here and there to ensure a high quality of art, and an equally high quality of life for the artist, is really pretty trivial.

Maybe in the meantime, we could try to convince Mrs. Giant to un-outlaw fancic threads on this site? :smallwink:

Unregistered
2012-09-20, 05:04 PM
Good healing Mr. Giant...and good courage for Mrs. Giant. Having an injured man around can take its toll.

Mc. Lovin'
2012-09-20, 05:04 PM
I would like to add to those wishing you well Rick! Loving the comic, keep up the good work

Terbovus
2012-09-20, 05:12 PM
Just another quick 'best wishes' and get well soon.

Enjoy the break and try not to get too frustrated! :smalltongue:

pebcak_error
2012-09-20, 05:16 PM
Anyone else want to see some of the comic ideas Rich comes up with while he's drugged up on pain meds?

Seriously though, take it easy. We'll still be here when when you get back.

Shale
2012-09-20, 05:36 PM
Anyone else want to see some of the comic ideas Rich comes up with while he's drugged up on pain meds?

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Make the space cats canon!

Mighty
2012-09-20, 05:38 PM

I think this old image speaks for itself :smallbiggrin::

(You can find more of them here btw: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootsextras.html)

Carry2
2012-09-20, 05:53 PM
Nerve damage, huh? Hmm. I remember being in a cast for weeks thanks to a Bennett's fracture after a motoring accident, and lost all feeling in my thumb. Bloody thing is still a bit stiff, even months later. But the feeling's back, and I can sketch okay.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: yes, this sort of thing smarts like hell, but it is also something you can recover from.

May the placebo effect derived from the comfort of hard evidence speed your full recuperation.

'Healing thoughts' my ass...

Bundin
2012-09-20, 06:14 PM
*thinks healery thoughts*

Get well Mr. Giant, and good luck keeping him away from the drawing board while it's healing, Mrs. Giant :)

Sylvius
2012-09-20, 06:58 PM
Heal. Heal. Heal. Heal your severed tendons.

Water_Bear
2012-09-20, 07:18 PM
I hope you heal as fully and as comfortably as possible, and wish you all the best luck in your recovery.

Don't feel pressured to work on the comic until you are 100% healed and have had an extra 1-2 weeks rest after that. There's nothing more important than your health, so don't let any passive-aggressive jerks on the internet get you down. Everyone here is behind you.

Rules Lawyer #1
2012-09-20, 07:27 PM
:smallsmile: :smallsmile: :smallsmile:
Do what you need to do to be well in body, mind, and soul!
:smallsmile: :smallsmile: :smallsmile:

Razgriez
2012-09-20, 07:46 PM
Best wishes, and hope the recovery goes smoothly Mr. Giant, and thank you kindly Mrs. Giant for taking the time to let us all know what's up. We appreciate it greatly :smallsmile:

barasawa
2012-09-20, 10:14 PM
Comic withdrawals are not dangerous, just annoying.

Take as much time as you need, and don't risk making it worse just because we whine a bit.

As a side note, it may take a while to get the kinks worked out so to speak. So do the exercises/physical therapy the doctor/therapist assigns. (A couple of my fingers got hurt pretty bad, and it took a couple of extra months after the stitches were removed before I was close to normal with that hand.)

We're all wishing you the best of health and a speedy recovery.

Ingus
2012-09-21, 03:53 AM
Heal. Heal. Heal. Heal your severed tendons.

How do you think quoting the most ineffective OotS character would help Rich? Are you trying to kill him? :smallconfused:

Quartz
2012-09-21, 04:48 AM
Very best wishes for a speedy recovery.

squidbreath
2012-09-21, 05:18 AM
Whao dude, how much did that hurt? and amount of stitches needed?

TheBST
2012-09-21, 06:30 AM
Take as much time as you need, chief; your health comes first. Good luck.

maxon
2012-09-21, 06:52 AM
Oh good - I knew someone would create a Get Well thread.

Get Well Soon Giant!!

librisrouge
2012-09-21, 09:58 AM
Take your time and heal properly. Overusing damaged tissue before its ready is the surest way to get long term (or permanent) damage. We'll all wait patiently for your triumphant return with carefully contained glee.

(Please have the mrs. write down any ideas you have while doped up.)

SteveDJ
2012-09-21, 10:12 AM
Well, everyone is talking about having Elan sing some healing Bard song... or Durkon casting Heal...

What you are all forgetting about is Haley! :haley:

You see, Rich very likely has a partially-finished update already in progress. We need Haley to go STEAL it, and then show it to us... :smallbiggrin:

JSSheridan
2012-09-21, 11:19 AM
Giant,

I know you had been working hard all summer and had hoped you would have some down time. This is the last way I would have wished for it though. Hopefully some good can come out of this.

Good luck.

Incom
2012-09-21, 12:14 PM
Well, everyone is talking about having Elan sing some healing Bard song... or Durkon casting Heal...

What you are all forgetting about is Haley! :haley:

You see, Rich very likely has a partially-finished update already in progress. We need Haley to go STEAL it, and then show it to us... :smallbiggrin:

:vaarsuvius: Fret not, I will harness ultimate arcane power to continue the comic in our dear author's absence!

:belkar: So while V's doing that, are we gonna go after the guy who crashed into--

:roy: BELKAR!

konradknox
2012-09-21, 02:20 PM
So how exactly did the Giant vs Broken Glass encounter happen? I'd like the gory juicy details and a turn by turn summary of the fight.

Aurora Wanderer
2012-09-21, 02:43 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery and looking forward to when you are well enough to compose MORE COMIC!

Long time reader, first time into the forums.

Caractacus
2012-09-21, 03:28 PM
See above, p.1-5 passim.

T.D.O.W.
2012-09-21, 03:36 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Rich!

Thankfully my OoTS game and Sticky Shticks arrived a couple weeks
ago --- as yet unopened. So I'll have something to stave off OoTS
withdrawal until you are back in the saddle again.

Mantine
2012-09-21, 04:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW5ix67tw4k

Heh.

BungleBee
2012-09-21, 04:53 PM
I'm very sorry for your injury! I hope it heals quickly.

Magnera
2012-09-21, 05:29 PM
Rich, we all wish for the order of the stick to continue. For that to happen you must rest WELL. No pushing it like the badass characters! Fact is order of the stick is a very long term creation, thus you must know that we can wait the short term so we may enjoy the long term.

Sarcasticles
2012-09-21, 06:55 PM
Take all the time you need to heal. Nerve damage isn't something to mess around with. We all know and appreciate all the hard work you've done with the kickstarter and the comic, don't let yourself get to down in the dumps. It's a true fact that optimistic patients heal faster:smallbiggrin:

Also, thanks Mrs. Giant for the update, we're all thinking of you too in this difficult time.

Forderz
2012-09-21, 07:17 PM
Oi! Get better!

Or not.

Whatever floats your boat.

I'm thinking its the former, though.

Demidos
2012-09-21, 07:44 PM
Get well quick. We on this website all really appreciate all the work you put in to make this a reality. Thanks :smallsmile:

Arkylos
2012-09-21, 07:46 PM
Having personally stepped on a single shard of glass, I cringe at the kind of pain from an accident involving several of those nasty little things.

If only there were a cleric who could cast Heal on you right now. Get well soon Rich.

Commander672
2012-09-22, 01:01 AM
Don't worry about us, we'll be fine.

Feel better!

"Truly Ridiculous" is status quo around here. Without updates we're bound to develop an entire mythos based on offhand comments and Class and Geekery threads.

Kareasint
2012-09-22, 05:26 AM
"Truly Ridiculous" is status quo around here. Without updates we're bound to develop an entire mythos based on offhand comments and Class and Geekery threads.

We tend to do that WITH updates as well.

I spent three months in a partial cast due to auto accident myself. The doctor had to fuse my right thumb's MCP joint (the joint that joins the finger or thumb to the palm of the hand). Rich, speaking from personal experience, take your time and let it heal properly.

Nuclear Teabag
2012-09-22, 05:34 AM
only registered to say get well soon.

take your time getting better, I'm going to go read the archives.

beachhead1973
2012-09-22, 07:31 AM
Hang tough Rich, don't worry about us, just focus on getting well.

Nighthawk4
2012-09-22, 07:46 AM
Really sorry to hear you are hurt Rich.

Get well soon.

Much as we all want more OotS, please make sure you are fully healed before you resume drawing.

:durkon: *casts Heal*

Miraqariftsky
2012-09-22, 08:33 AM
For all you've done, sir Burlew of Brooklyn
For the comic and the community
You have our thousand thanks
And prayers doubtless
For kicking Unwellness in the shin

SteveDJ
2012-09-22, 10:19 AM
So how exactly did the Giant vs Broken Glass encounter happen? I'd like the gory juicy details and a turn by turn summary of the fight.

Well for starters -- clearly, the Glass won initiative... :smalleek:

t209
2012-09-22, 10:48 AM
For all you've done, sir Burlew of Brooklyn
For the comic and the community
You have our thousand thanks
And prayers doubtless
For kicking Unwellness in the shin

uhh, I thought he lived in queens (like the location from the TV Show King of Queens).

Diamondeye
2012-09-22, 11:09 AM
Get well soon, Rich!

artstsym
2012-09-22, 12:55 PM
Don't worry about the comic, your fans care more that you're alright! Here's to a speedy recovery.

19th
2012-09-22, 04:33 PM
get well soon! let us know if you need donations for any sort of medical bills

Bale Fire
2012-09-22, 06:48 PM
Can't really say anything that hasn't already been said, but I hope you get better soon Giant. Take your time with the recovery, we can wait.

Petey7
2012-09-22, 07:03 PM
Well for starters -- clearly, the Glass won initiative... :smalleek:

And apparently rolled a nat 20 on the first hit.

Get well Giant. As others have said, rest up and don't try to get back to work until you are sure you are ready.

mistformsquirrl
2012-09-22, 07:04 PM
Having burned my hand while in the middle of an art project before... I can totally sympathize < . .> Heal up and be well Rich, don't worry, your audience will keep!

Shale
2012-09-22, 07:57 PM
uhh, I thought he lived in queens (like the location from the TV Show King of Queens).

He did, now he's in Philadelphia. (An immense step up, if I do say so myself!)

McNum
2012-09-22, 08:37 PM
Severed tendons? Ow... Tendons can really hurt, I hate to even think about how it feels when one is growing back together, let alone multiple.

I hope you get a fast recovery, and don't worry about us. Getting your hand working again takes priority. The last thing we want is for the injury to become permanent, after all.

Here's wishing for you getting a complete recovery. Sadly, I cannot cast Wish, so it'll have to be the boring old fashioned real world kind of wish instead.

LadyFoxfire
2012-09-23, 12:36 AM
With enough money, we could kickstart a robotic hand project for The Giant... right?

Wait, I have a better idea! What we need is a mind-reading hat that transmits his artistic vision directly to his computer screen. That way he doesn't need his hands at all!

On a more serious note, as much as I love your comic, your health is more important. Take as long as you need, we'll all still be here when you come back.

martianmister
2012-09-23, 10:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW5ix67tw4k

Heh.

You win this thread. :smalltongue:

homeslice
2012-09-23, 11:39 AM
I hope you get well soon Rich. In the meantime, don't stress out over us.

eusticepious
2012-09-23, 11:49 AM
Dear Rich

Oots is beautiful story. Thank you for the wonderful gift. I have re-read oots many times and will re-read it for the rest of my days (may they be many). I pray for your health to return. I appreciate so much all you have brought into this world through oots, through your story-craft, through the community you have built, through your willingness to keep giving while asking very little, through your deep understanding of humanity and the tool you have been so skilled at sharing your wisdom in so gentle a way.

Eustice Pious

Asmayus
2012-09-23, 06:08 PM
hey, just adding my own get well wishes to all the others here. I'll miss the updates in the meantime but I'm looking forwards to what madness you think of with a 6 week break, too :)

satorian
2012-09-23, 11:43 PM
Hey Rich. Get well soon! And if you need a nice meal in downtown Philly, I know a guy. Badda boom. Or some nice beer in burbs, I know a guy there, too. Badda bing.

Stormwolf
2012-09-24, 04:52 AM

Personally I find 'Offhand' comments to be of dubious taste in this scenario.... and therefore unintentionally (?) funny ;)

Hope you're feeling much better soon Rich - I'm sure you'll make a complete recovery. In the. meantime, put some skill ranks into Perform (kazoo).

[edit: damn somebody did the kazoo joke already. Warped minds think alike I guess]

Sturmcrow
2012-09-24, 12:42 PM
Rest well and heal quickly! I hope your healing goes without incident and that your pain is lessened rapidly

(this is why we don't jump through plate glass windows :smallcool: )

Needle
2012-09-24, 12:54 PM
Here I'm hoping your giant thumb heals well and soon enough to crush all those tiny folks down your sight with it :smallbiggrin:

Ralcos
2012-09-24, 06:39 PM
Hey, Rich!!!
I just wanted to say that OOTS is a major inspiration for my writings (I'm an aspiring author), and as the millions of D&D characters i've played over the years:

Get well soon!!!

Oh, and also:

:durkon: Cure Devious Wounds.

Canisius
2012-09-24, 07:46 PM
My day-job is computer programming. If I lose the use of one hand (as has happened with a particularly nasty cat bite a few years ago), my productivity takes a major dive.

Just one huge fan of OOTS that wishes you a speedy recovery. Thanks for this amazing web comic! Best of luck in your recovery.

AShadowofLife
2012-09-25, 04:19 AM
Hey Rich!

Just wanted to say thank you for the hard work you've put into OOTS, and I hope you have a speedy recovery from the accident.

:durkon: Heal, Greater Restoration.

MartectX
2012-09-25, 07:32 AM
Here, have some Keoghtum's Ointment, Giant! Get well soon! :smallsmile:

AgentofHellfire
2012-09-25, 06:24 PM
...oh, I hate doing these. I always feel like my get-well-soons and sorry-for-your-losses and what have you are just generic garbage, and I could think of something ten times as creative as that.

So I was thinking of doing it in comic form, except I realized there'd be no way for you to see it, because I don't have a scanner or anything like that.

Then I just decided to write about my inability to write anything, which will form a paradox that shall cause your head to explode, taking your mind off the pain, in more ways than one. :smalltongue:

You're welcome. :smalltongue:

Vibona
2012-09-25, 06:45 PM
As soon as I saw this I had to make an account. I know exactly what you are going through Rich, one month ago tomorrow I cut my left hand from the side just below the knuckle on the pinky, to just before the knuckle on the middle finger with a miter saw. I severed the extensor tendons to my left pinky and ring finger, as well as most of the nerves in my pinky. I've had my surgery, and start physical therapy next week. Whatever you do, do not move, bend, or "play with" the finger untill told too during PT.

I wish you the best of luck in your recovery.

Brilliancegrey
2012-09-25, 07:12 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you and the Mrs, Rich.

Pendragonx
2012-09-25, 07:18 PM
Just dropped in to say thanks for the Kickstarter rewards, Rich.. just got them in the mail and they're swell! .. Take time and heal up.. hand injuries are a Big Deal!! Get well soon!

Prince Zahn
2012-09-26, 06:22 AM
Get better Rich! It is important for you to recover first and foremost, your work has brought substantial joy to me, as well as to your many, many fans, and I doubt I am first(nor will I be last) to say that I developed most of my passion for D&D after reading how the Order of the Stick comically point out the silly flaws within.:smallsmile:

Get better soon knowing that the thousands of backers, the tens of thousands of users on this forum, as well as the countless other fans who are always discovering and rediscovering the many pages you created all care that you get back to full health!

Best wishes.
Zahn &Co.

Psyren
2012-09-26, 08:10 AM
As bummed as I am at the news, I did get a chuckle out of "Mrs. Giant" :smallbiggrin:

Get well soon Rich!

Sorator
2012-09-26, 08:21 AM
For lack of originality, get better Rich! Take your time and don't push it; we'll be here for you when you're properly healed.

kossgui
2012-09-26, 08:37 AM
As we say here: prompt rétablissement!

Ki-Dahn
2012-09-26, 11:17 AM
I just reregistered to say my thoughts are with you for a speedy and full recovery Rich. Love your work.

the_tick_rules
2012-09-26, 12:43 PM
Oh this is why updates have been very far apart recently?

Shale
2012-09-26, 08:16 PM
No, that's the Kickstarter. He's been doing business things, drawing the Belkar donor comic, answering enormous piles of e-mail. The injury is why there (presumably) won't be a new Rich-drawn comic until he can use his hand again.

King of Nowhere
2012-09-27, 11:08 AM
Quick! Someone should perfect a way to make a mouse that do not require hands to be used. My main idea was a laser pointer fixed on the eyes that keeps track of where you are looking at and moves the cursor there. It could be done with present day technology, and probably it already exists. Not sure if it is accurate enough to let you draw with it.
Second choice is telephatic commands, but that's farthest into the future.

Elliefint
2012-09-28, 03:45 PM
:smallfrown: Feel better, Mr. Burlew.

WampaX
2012-09-28, 03:56 PM
Is there a card to sign?
Is this the card?

I will sign it thusly.

Its tough losing an appendage.
I should know.
Best wishes and heal well.
WampaX

TechnoScrabble
2012-09-28, 07:06 PM
"A million stars stitched into reality, a million cells stitched into flesh. God speed, little platelets."

That's what the surgeon said when he worked on my stomach after it got split open, so I figure it's prolly appropriate.

Ellye
2012-09-28, 09:40 PM
Get well, Giant!
Your work brings me joy. :D

sahareli
2012-09-28, 10:06 PM
Hello! I just read the announcement about Rich's accident.
I wish and hope he gets better!

Sincerely,
an OOTS fan =):smallwink:

periscope69
2012-09-28, 10:24 PM
Get Well Soon Rich!

Kultanis
2012-09-29, 02:24 AM
Get well soon Mr B! Thinking healing thoughts as requested:

Alagaesian
2012-09-29, 10:39 AM
Quick! Someone should perfect a way to make a mouse that do not require hands to be used. My main idea was a laser pointer fixed on the eyes that keeps track of where you are looking at and moves the cursor there. It could be done with present day technology, and probably it already exists. Not sure if it is accurate enough to let you draw with it.

Actually, that telepathic command thing might not be as far away as you think. Some trial runs have been done with people who have had severe spinal chord injury that essentially rendered them mute vegetables. Doctors implanted tiny sensors into the patients' brains, right into the parts that controlled the motions of their hands. The sensors picked up on the activity in the brain and wirelessly sent out corresponding signals to a computer. The signals were then used to direct the movements of a cursor on the computer's screen. With some practice, the patients were able to move the cursor around with a fair degree of accuracy, letting the former-mutes communicate with the people around them. Welcome to the future.

I don't think Rich anywhere close to needing that kind of setup. It's still in its experimental stages, after all. Still, I hope he takes advantage of the well-deserved rest this injury has granted him. Perhaps this six-week stall will end with the release of one of those Backer's Choice stories...or maybe the week-long string of comics he also promised would come out sometime this year.

Lord_Jadawin
2012-09-29, 03:55 PM
My 7 year old son and 4 year old daughter (who loved their coloring books and have played for hours with the minis) say get well soon, Rich! (My daughter asked me how you were doing today totally out of the blue).

Abedeus
2012-09-30, 07:42 AM
As someone who spent almost 7 months recuperating after a surgery for severed shoulder tendons, I understand Richard's pain and situation. Even half a year after full recovery, I still feel pain when I overexert my arm.

Get well soon, and remember that health comes first.

V Junior
2012-09-30, 07:51 AM
Awww. Get better soon Rich! OOTS is worth the wait, so don't worry about rushing it and hurting yourself more.

SteveDJ
2012-09-30, 11:12 AM

Actually, the Giant doesn't need all of such fancy technology -- all he needs is ... a pair of Boxing Gloves! :smallbiggrin:

Hey, if StrongBad* can do all that he does wearing them, there must be some property in them that allows one to do, well, just about anything. I'm sure the Giant could easily continue his work with such gloves... :smallredface:

(Yea, just trying to lighten the mood here - get well quick!)

*For those that don't know who StrongBad is, start here (http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html)- but be warned, there is a lot there to see/do... :smalltongue:

Astral Avenger
2012-09-30, 11:14 AM
Get well soon Rich!!!

rewinn
2012-09-30, 11:51 AM
Hey Giant: You're brought a heck of a lot of joy into the world, so take it easy: relax, heal, then relax and heal some more! You've earned it!

Hey Giantess In The Playground: Tie him down as needed for a complete cure ... my wife says it's o.k.

Zappy
2012-09-30, 03:30 PM
Rich I was very saddened to hear about your accident. I hope your recovery is smooth and as painless as possible.

Ranzear
2012-10-01, 04:12 AM
Don't worry Giant, you'll be back to juggling chainsaws soon enough!

Nykodemos
2012-10-01, 09:05 AM
Hey Rich!

my first post, but I've been following OOTS for years. Hope your healing goes well, and not JUST because I miss my favorite story. :smallcool:

-Nykodemos

Bulldog Psion
2012-10-01, 09:25 AM
Keep healing on up, good sir! Glad to hear that you're seeing progress -- I know what an utter pain in the neck it is when you've got an injury that prevents you from doing a favorite activity!

Mrs. Giant -- good to hear from you again, too! I hope you're doing well! :smallsmile:

Darwyn
2012-10-01, 09:29 AM
Hey Giant. I don't post very much but I wanted to take a minute and give you my best wishes for a speedy recovery! And, speaking from experience- I have a defect called spina bifida which required ALOT of corrective surgery - DON'T RUSH THE HEALING PROCESS! Take as much time as you need to get better. Trying to push yourself won't make things go any faster, they'll only make things worse.

And also, it's good to hear from you too, Mrs. Giant. Make sure Rich follows the doctor's orders! :smallbiggrin:

The_Shaman
2012-10-01, 09:33 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your trouble Giant, and I hope you will get better soon! Don't rush it, though - I can wait, when it's for a good cause, and (hungry for new strips as we all are), your health definitely counts!

All the best to Mrs. Giant too!

bfm1991
2012-10-01, 09:55 AM
glass cuts are no joke. hope you take the time you need and get well.

Yeah I agree thy are no joke and hurt so get well soon

stsasser
2012-10-01, 10:12 AM
It is great to hear from you and that you are on the mend. Some day, you will both look back on all this and cringe. Take care.

ps. Giant Thumb Mummy is okay as a monster, but Shards may be overpowered in any scenario.

CatShannon
2012-10-01, 10:29 AM
I hope and pray you recover swiftly! Makes my heart warm to read about the good care you get from Ms Giant. :smallsmile:

Scowling Dragon
2012-10-01, 10:39 AM
Get well Giant! We need OOts just as much as we need you!

Sharoth
2012-10-01, 11:02 AM
~shakes my head~ Rich, Rich, Rich. There were MUCH easier ways to get a vacation than this. ~grins~ I hope you feel better soon. Please take as much time as is needed.

Mrs. Giant, thanks for taking care of Rich. Keep up the good work.

SarahV
2012-10-01, 12:23 PM
Hey folks - the "F5 Club" over in the kickstarter comments section had an idea to put together a sort of digital get-well card for Rich. I volunteered to be the point of contact for collecting "signatures." If you'd like to sign the card, PM me (or e-mail [email protected]) with an image that you'd like to put in (I'd suggest some get-well wishes and a signature, but you could be creative and send a pic of yourself holding a sign or a sketch or whatever you want as long as it's vaguely appropriate to a get-well card). If you're not tech-savvy and don't know how to make an image or send a photo, you can just tell me what words to write in for you and I'll type them into the card on your behalf.

The more people we get, the more fun it will be for him to read, so please participate! :smallbiggrin:

(Posted this twice since there were two get-well threads, hope that is OK :smallsmile: )

North_Ranger
2012-10-01, 12:47 PM
Hey Giant... I'm sorry to that the path of your lfie has been strewn with such unfortunate cow patties, but I'm glad you're on the mend - and that it sounds like your spirits are high, too :smallsmile: Take care of yourself, and get well soon. We'll be ready when you are.

And to Mrs Giant: tying Rich down is perfectly acceptable :smallbiggrin:

Karen Lynn
2012-10-01, 12:51 PM
Didn't read all the pages, but dude... Get well!

I'd rather have no updates until you're fully healed instead of having a few updates and you reinjure something. Glass cuts are terrible. Just take it easy. I still visit the main page, comic page, and the forums to make sure you get your ad revenue, so no bigs, man.

The Succubus
2012-10-01, 01:59 PM
Thumbs up for the good news in today's post! :smallsmile:

Thomos
2012-10-01, 02:05 PM
Get well and don't worry about drawing.
We'll be here waiting for you when you get better.

hamishspence
2012-10-01, 02:21 PM
Yup. Plenty of things to discuss in the meantime.

My best wishes to The Giant & Ms Giant.

Ninja Dragon
2012-10-01, 02:55 PM
Well, I have other 7 webcomics to read, so I will survive.

But your webcomic is the best. I hope you get well, Rich. Take your time to heal, and then come back to deliver more awesomeness.

Musta Nuoli
2012-10-01, 03:00 PM
I sincerely hope you a swift and full recovery, Rich. It's not gonna happen overnight, but I believe that it will happen.

If you want a positive example, take Dave Mustaine of the heavy metal band Megadeth. His right arm was severely injured a few years ago, and being a guitar player he was unable to play and to practice his profession. For a while it seemed to be a very bleak situation for him, and he even split his band. However, he was able to make a full recovery, get back to his top form and to continue writing and playing music.

I believe that with help from your caring and wonderful wife (mrs. Giant) you'll be back when the world needs a hero. Then we all shall behold (with as many eyes that's necessary for beholding) Lord of the Sticks: The Return of The Giant!

You take care, Giant - and let yourself be taken care of by mrs. Giant. We all will be right here, waiting patiently for as long as it takes.

Bagger Baggins
2012-10-01, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the update, and, with everybody else, PLEASE don't rush things. You've brought a lot of joy and laughter into our lives, and we hope you'll be bringing more, but no sooner than is good for you. Take care of yourself.

And, Mrs. Giant, once again you are clearly the coolest wife in the entire world. Feel free to sit on him as necessary.

Creed
2012-10-01, 03:47 PM
Cheers, Rich. Take a break and relax as long as it takes to heal, we can wait. Thoughts are with you.

-Jason Creed

Disney
2012-10-01, 05:03 PM
Rich,

Yes. I want to read the latest comics. Yes I want the PDF stories. Yes, I've wanted the Therkla backstory for years. Yes I want you to continue the main comic as soon as you can. So I'm going to act selfish and say that I want you to have a long career of bringing me awesome comics.

In order to do that, you need to fully heal. Heal so well that the only result is an interesting scar on your hand. Don't do anything to jeopardize or risk that healing.

We're not going anywhere. I've been here for years, I'll be here for years to come. Take many moons to do what is necessary. Do the physical therapy 100% of the way. Don't risk your ability to draw, because I'm selfish and want you to keep drawing for many years to come.

Don't get well soon. Get well completely.

LordofNaught
2012-10-01, 05:06 PM
If there was ever a time where the fans of the comic would be put to the true test, its now. The Kickstarter event was a great gauge, but this is even greater. It looks like we won't be seeing any new strips until sometime in December, or maybe even January. We're all used to waiting for a long time, but I don't think a new page ever took this long to come up. At the very least we have some idea of when we can expect a new one.

At any rate, we need only wait, and do what we always do. Argue over ever possible detail (and others that aren't there) until the new page is up. And then we rejoice and start all over again. Such a happy cycle...

Plus, if there were ever a reason to not believe in the whole 2012 Doom thing, its this. Or has that been debunked? Ah who cares, rest up Giant. You are, without a doubt, worth the wait.

Ingus
2012-10-01, 07:39 PM
Thanks to Mr and Mrs Giant for the update.

Still sending good wishes, still definitely not sending kinky thoughts.
I saw your photo and... think about it: even if it's not good, even if it aches, remember that you're still thumb up :smallwink:

WhispersPlease, Rich, don't let me alone with all that fools

:smallbiggrin:

TheLaughingMan
2012-10-01, 08:43 PM
I'll be praying for you, comrade. :smallfrown:

Nilkon
2012-10-01, 08:54 PM
Best wishes Rich! And you too Mrs. Giant you're great.

Emperordaniel
2012-10-01, 09:11 PM
Here's to the Giant's health and recovery; may The Order of the Stick prosper for years to come. :smallsmile:

Also, kudos to Mrs. Giant. Keep up the good work!

I'm really looking forward to these ideas for future strips. I'm sure they'll be worth any wait. :smallbiggrin:

sealemon
2012-10-01, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the latest update. Rich I hope you get well soon, but take all the time that you need.

choken1
2012-10-01, 11:09 PM
Sheesh. That looks like a rather nasty cut. I have to admit that I'm kinda curious about the events that caused the accident.

Naturally, it goes without saying that I'm on the "Get well soon" camp and that I hope for a speedy and complete recovery. I'd hate to see you go the way of Don Rosa.

KingofMisfits
2012-10-01, 11:46 PM
Oh man that looks brutal, get well soon!!

Sinfonian
2012-10-01, 11:52 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with both you and your wife. I know from personal experience how trying a serious injury can be for all members of a household.

I'm sure you'll be back in time, and I'm happy to wait until then.

Ted The Bug
2012-10-02, 12:30 AM
Ack, that picture! Take all the time you need and more!
I feel like I've posted a get well message at some point before, but even if I have, it bears repeating. The GITP forum community - even the most ridiculous and demanding of us - are 100% with you, and wish for a speedy recovery! Elan better not be the only one getting his good ending.

DaveBo
2012-10-02, 03:55 AM
:smalleek: I just learned about this!!! I am so sorry to hear it happened. Take your time, good sir, and your wonderful support crew. Please heal well, and carefully. Huggles.

Mira Silverfire
2012-10-02, 07:20 AM
I am certain that we can wait for your return. Tricky in healing the thumb is that you can only keep it immobile for so long. Left too long and you lose the ability to use it. Take them up on any and ALL therapy you can get. Yes its annoying and can become expensive but this is not something you want to play about with.
In the meantime we will keep ourselves busy.
Thank you Mrs Giant for keeping him on the best healing path and not letting him get carried away. Just remember Pain is a very bad indication that something is wrong. Its the last to arrive and the first to go away.
You just get better we will still be here when you get back. lol Checking for a new comic is a daily thing for me. Even while I know you are not putting anything up I still check.

Finrolf
2012-10-02, 05:40 PM
I actually signed up on the forum just for this : get better !!!

I had a crappy summer working and my daily dose of OOTS really helped in keeping me going so thanks a lot for that. Do follow what the cleric tells you to do and come back with awesome strips !:smallwink:

"heal, heal heal, the cartoonist's broken hand..."

Crafty Cultist
2012-10-06, 12:29 PM
Here's wishing you a quick recovery, Rich!

Ave
2012-10-07, 01:57 AM
That's what you call crippling damage.