PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for a PC/DMPC With a Devilish Nature

2012-09-19, 10:59 PM
So my old DM and I are taking turns running our campaign, and I need some advice on building a character. The campaign is evil, and my character will be taking the place of a resourceful drow wizard. The party is ECL 4-5, with the CE Drow wizard, a NE Fey'ri Sorcerer (Glass cannon with no bullets.), and the CN half-orc barbarian. Right now we are in the under dark, and the sorcerer is the only one without dark vision. So it's something I would like to have.

My character concept is a LE, resourceful individual with a fiendish heritage and a number of of debts and favors among the underworld. The way I see this is either an artificer who collects debts as magical items, or as a conjurer who uses magic to replicate the fiend's tendency to call for back up. Of course, if I go artificer, I'd prolly go golemancer.

Anyway, What I need is some tips on taking advantage of the half-fiend's powers, while also giving me plenty of versatility and flavor. Maybe go artificer long enough to alchemist savant and master alchemist, throw some mending potions on my small golem army, and provide some much needed healing to the party.

So what I need from you:
Base race
Feat Suggestions
Flavorful ideas
Magic Item Ideas

the party is low-mid op, and mostly just for fun. I don't need to be high-op, just playable, with enough power to support the barbarian.

thoughts?