PDA

View Full Version : Healing Potions for Rich (meaningless character sacrifice)

Jay R
2012-09-20, 09:36 AM
I have just scratched two healing potions off the character sheet of my 2E mage/thief Ornrandir. (It's a world without magic shops, and that's all he has.)

He has sent those healing potions to the Giant.

Anyone else willing to make a meaningless but well-intentioned character sacrifice in this hour of need?

Delvin Darkwood
2012-09-21, 06:51 AM
My character, Delvin Darkwood, is willing to give away one of my 2000 gp emeralds to help fund his recovery.

Well, i mean, i think their 2000 gp a piece. I hope their 2000 a peice.

On second thought, maybe ill just give him both.

GeriSch
2012-09-21, 08:50 AM
My Cleric of Tymora, Niwre Luckchild, calls for a miracle of his deity to restore the Giants health from afar.
(not exactly a sacrifice, but well-intentioned nonetheless)

Zerter
2012-09-21, 09:15 AM
My retired character, the legendary Rogue and coward Atlas, orders another round of his autobiography published for the first time in years. He does this because for the first time in a while there is room for another player to grab attention in the epic and still comic adventuring party story market.

genderlich
2012-09-23, 12:57 PM
My last character, Mirach, sells off the rest of the valuable rubies he swiped from a ruined town under the nose of the paladin. Instead of secretly keeping the money for himself as usual, he sends it to the Giant.

Zelkon
2012-09-25, 03:27 PM
Bard sells instraments, weeps.

Jack of Spades
2012-09-25, 05:01 PM
My Huckster, Lucien Mandrake (or, depending on who asks, Roy Canton), will sell his prized 3rd edition Hoyle's Book of Games to support the Giant's health!

Siegel
2012-09-26, 05:44 AM
I will spend one of my player turn checks to attemp a heal check on him. It's ob 3 and i am untrained, wish me luck.

Beowulf DW
2012-09-28, 05:13 PM
This is awesome.

My barbarian in my group's current Ponyfinder game will take three hits with a smile to show his support for the Giant!

Slipperychicken
2012-09-28, 05:55 PM
For lack of healing potions, at the end of his adventuring day, my 2nd level PF Cleric will blow any remaining Channel Energy uses (3 left atm), spontaneously cast his remaining spells as CLW (2 left atm, but the Barbarian took a lot of hits :smallfrown:), and cast a Stabilize in his honor. That is, if his companions don't get themselves too wounded on the way back to town :smalltongue:

At my next session this Sunday, I'll roll the hp healed for him. Here it is: (3d6 + 2d8 +4 => 22hp)

...In terms of material possessions, I get the feeling a rusty bear-trap wouldn't send the right message, nor would the set of moldy bedsheets my character just stole from an abandoned castle.

Sutremaine
2012-09-29, 03:30 PM
...In terms of material possessions, I get the feeling a rusty bear-trap wouldn't send the right message, nor would the set of moldy bedsheets my character just stole from an abandoned castle.
Suddenly I am thinking of Rule 140 of the Evil Overlord list...

blackspeeker
2012-09-30, 12:18 AM
Since I am DMing tomorrow I'll sacrifice one of the PCs in my campaign to expedite his healing.

GeriSch
2012-09-30, 01:36 PM
Since I am DMing tomorrow I'll sacrifice one of the PCs in my campaign to expedite his healing.

Yay, sacrificing PCs - the universal solution for all problems :smallbiggrin:

gr,
Geri

lerg2
2012-10-01, 08:57 AM
My character was just granted a wish by a powerful Djinn. He uses that wish to wish Rich better.

PaperMustache
2012-10-01, 11:24 AM
My character recently convinced a room of terrified prisoners of war to worship her master, a wizard waging an extra-planar war against a god in it's own realm. Rather than collect the new followers as canon fodder for this war, they allow them to be massacred by the army of undead that came out of no where to over run the city. They both hope this makes Rich feel better... Somehow.

Averis Vol
2012-10-01, 01:14 PM
My bard Artemis Hylmar feels it only right that he gives his last potion of cure mod wounds (He used the last one to keep himself from dying in a fight with a pair of lurks, which he is still fighting btw. they got the jump on me) to rich. hopefully it wont kill me, but either way its a worthy sacrifice.

Seerow
2012-10-01, 01:34 PM
Last Saturday, my Cleric Zane sacrificed his Wondrous Architecture, a Bed of Heal, sending it to the Giant for use.

Ianuagonde
2012-10-01, 01:35 PM
My dwarf cleric is willing to make a sacred vow: never to harm another giant, if only his god will heal this one particular Giant...

CarpeGuitarrem
2012-10-01, 02:01 PM
I will spend one of my player turn checks to attemp a heal check on him. It's ob 3 and i am untrained, wish me luck.
I'll help! Guardmice in support of Rich!

Arcanist
2012-10-01, 10:16 PM
My Netherese Arcanist, makes an Epic Spell called "Come Home, Giant!" which uses a Heal Seed, however it fails due to the Giant's Infinite Spell Resistance and wouldn't have worked anyway, since the Giant's wedding ring functions as an Epic Ring of Counterspell :smallfrown:

Ravenica
2012-10-01, 11:09 PM
I burn my destiny point to give Rich a reroll on his get well soon check