2013-02-17, 08:13 PM
Attack 1: 15 successes
Attack 2: 18 successes
Attack 3: 12 successes
Attack 4: 10 successes
Attack 5: 14 successes
Attack 6: 14 successes

All with a base damage of 14A/6.

Don't forget onslaught penalties, and the fact that even if he perfectly defends against these, he still needs to activate the charm against every attack in the flurry individually.

Sidereal Martial Artists.

*ahem*

Bitch.

(:smalltongue:)

horus42
2013-02-18, 11:03 AM
...freaking Sidereals. Well, in order to make this fight an actual, you know, fight... Perfect Defense ahoy!

Maugan Ra
2013-02-18, 11:05 AM
Aw, and here I was sort of hoping to get away with just tearing him limb from limb in a single turn :smalltongue:

sun_tzu
2013-02-18, 11:21 AM
Heh.
Updated Berger's character sheet with a stat block and her new toys. Also, I'm assuming her recent mote expenditure came from her peripheral Essence, so her Dawn Anima should be active. :smallwink:

Maugan Ra
2013-02-18, 11:37 AM
I'd like to point out that Foe-Shaming Defense is a Counter-Attack, and thus goes off in Step 9 of my first attack. That means that, unless he perfectly defended the attack or something, I got through and hit him.

It also requires him to overcome my own DV, which is pretty damn good right now. How many successes did he roll?

(I don't usually mind GMs keeping rolls private, but it is rather more problematic in Exalted, where just about everything is determined by how many successes one got... and where defenses can be modified once you know what the enemy rolled to hit. Stunts, excellencies and the like.)

sun_tzu
2013-02-18, 11:40 AM
Ah, we know what he rolled: 6 successes. So, Berger dodged, and I suspect that Watson did the same. :smallwink:

Maugan Ra
2013-02-18, 11:41 AM
I meant for the counter-attack charm, Foe-Shaming Defense. Mostly because at the moment, he's negated my entire flurry with that thing, and I obviously want to see if I can avoid it...

sun_tzu
2013-02-18, 12:09 PM
I meant for the counter-attack charm, Foe-Shaming Defense. Mostly because at the moment, he's negated my entire flurry with that thing, and I obviously want to see if I can avoid it...

Ah, I see. So those of us who dodged (unblockable, but not undodgeable) are unaffected, and Watson's Flurry can continue. And since he rolled six successes on that counterattack...Yeah, I think Extinguisher of Cosmos will be needing a lot of Perfect Defenses on this one.

horus42
2013-02-19, 10:30 AM
Well, actually on the roll for Foe-Shaming Defense, he got 11 successes. The roll for his attack on his actual turn was just very poor.

And if you two would prefer, I can start just using the Forum Dice roller during combat, to make it a bit easier.

sun_tzu
2013-02-19, 12:33 PM
I don't particularly care if you roll in RL or with the forum tool, but giving the actual numbers might be a good idea.

Hm...11 successes on the counter-attack...Well, I don't know enough about our esteemed Sidereal's defenses to tell if that broke the flurry, but that still leaves the first attack...

horus42
2013-02-19, 12:47 PM
Maybe I just misunderstood how the charm works. It specifically mentioned that it's more useful on Flurries because if the roll to counter-attack is successful, it leaves the victim prone and it negates the entire flurry. Though maybe it only negates the subsequent attacks, and the first one still has effect.

sun_tzu
2013-02-19, 01:02 PM
Well, my understanding is that it's a Charm that takes place in Step 9, so, by the time you're using it, the damage from the first attack has already been soaked and applied.
The Deathknight probably used a Perfect Defense against it, though.

horus42
2013-02-19, 01:12 PM
Ah, that would make sense. And he does have a Perfect Defense, so that actually works out quite nicely.

sun_tzu
2013-02-19, 01:19 PM
Hm. Do note, those 11 successes still need to hit in order to break the Flurry.
Watson could use Duck Fate to avoid it...but then I imagine Extinguisher of the Cosmos might simply use Foe-Shaming Defense again on the next attack in the Flurry, and it costs less motes, so...

horus42
2013-02-19, 01:20 PM
Well, if I remember correctly, Watson's DV is 8, so it should have worked.

Maugan Ra
2013-02-19, 04:13 PM
With Blade of the Battle Maiden active, and my bonuses from having a Form-type charm active alongside the bracers, my Parry DV is actually 10. That said, it does drop to nine when I attacked there.

OK, so if he managed to avoid/perfect my first attack, that makes some sense. I also don't mind if you roll on the forum or in RL, but the actual numbers are pretty important, given the way the Exalted system works.

horus42
2013-02-19, 05:51 PM
Yeah, that's what I was attempting to do. I just misunderstood the mechanics of Foe-Shaming Defense.

I'll adjust his mote pool to reflect the fact that he used his Perfect Defense, and from now on I'll actually provide the number of successes achieved, rather than just saying "Just trust me, they got enough successes."

sun_tzu
2013-02-19, 06:11 PM
OK then - Smith's turn, I believe, then Berger on the following tick, then Aria two ticks later, then Watson again.

Maugan Ra
2013-02-20, 03:14 AM
Please remember that Watson is right next to the Deathknight before you go about trying to collapse architecture on him :smalltongue:

And, for that matter, I'm not sure why there would be large quantities of metal and stone in the roof of a battleship's main bridge...

sun_tzu
2013-02-20, 03:18 AM
Please remember that Watson is right next to the Deathknight before you go about trying to collapse architecture on him :smalltongue:

Yeah, but Berger's a Solar with fantastic accuracy, so I think you're safe. :smallamused:

And, for that matter, I'm not sure why there would be large quantities of metal and stone in the roof of a battleship's main bridge...
Ah-ah - it's an Abyssal battleship. I'll bet you credits to donuts the architecture, especially on the main bridge, is gothic as Hell. :smallbiggrin:
(The stone in question might be special stone taken from a neutron star, a thousand times stronger than steel, but it'll still be stone! XD )

sun_tzu
2013-02-20, 11:34 AM
...Huh. That...actually worked better than I expected.
If Watson pulls us out of there, give Berger a warning, because there's at least one more thing she wants to do while onboard. :smallwink:

horus42
2013-02-20, 11:39 AM
...Huh. That...actually worked better than I expected.

Always a good feeling, isn't it?

sun_tzu
2013-02-20, 11:44 AM
By the way, I'd like to repeat my question from earlier: What sort of ship are we currently on board of?

horus42
2013-02-20, 11:47 AM
A Dreadnought. Sorry about that.

sun_tzu
2013-02-22, 06:21 PM
Hm. We're waiting for Aria's action, right?

Maugan Ra
2013-02-23, 07:38 AM
So we are. My bad, I'll get on that.

sun_tzu
2013-02-25, 11:51 AM
So we are. My bad, I'll get on that.

*cricket chirp* :smalltongue:

sun_tzu
2013-02-26, 01:40 PM
So, let's see...Extinguisher of Cosmos, who's already injured, is going to get attacked by Smith on this tick, by Aria on the next tick, by Watson on the tick after that, and (if there's anything of him left to attack) by Berger on the tick after that.
Yeah, he's deader than deadAbyssal.

horus42
2013-02-26, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I know. He's pretty much totally screwed.

sun_tzu
2013-02-26, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I know. He's pretty much totally screwed.

Makes me wonder how big this guy is in the Black Fleet.
Mind you, I've got a little bit more in mind than just messing him up and torpedoing his ship... :smallbiggrin:

horus42
2013-02-26, 02:05 PM
I don't know whether to be nervous or excited about that... :smalltongue:

Maugan Ra
2013-02-26, 02:12 PM
And if he survives that, Aria will smack him on the head with her staff :smalltongue:

horus42
2013-02-26, 02:21 PM
Nope! Though she can smack his corpse, if she'd like.

sun_tzu
2013-02-26, 02:49 PM
I don't know whether to be nervous or excited about that... :smalltongue:

Well, now you have it: Hacking into the ship's controls right before the bridge gets torpedoed, and wielding it like a battering rap to break through the enemy formation. :smallcool:

sun_tzu
2013-02-28, 03:04 PM
Another entry while we're waiting on Watson to bail us out :smallwink: :

From Professor Val-Nix's "Guide to Notable Nations of the Frontier":

"Valhalla-Macron: Valhalla-Macron, of course, is famous as the only confirmed surviving ringworld after the Malfean War. A massive ring, nearly a billion kilometers in perimeter, surrounding a star; 300 kilometers in width, with the edges rising tens of kilometers upward to keep in an atmosphere. Thus forming a gigantic surface - even with all the mountains, jungles, and seas that take up much of it, Valhalla-Macron can still house over 4 trillion inhabitants without facing any overpopulation problems! The Jade incorporated in its design, despite only making up for a minuscule (if vital) part of the material, is believed to include over a tenth of all the Jade in the galaxy.
The ringworld, naturally, has prodigious energy needs. Some of these are provided by the Dyson Sphere that surrounds it. But, even though a Dyson Sphere could normally cover the energy needs of dozens, hundreds of systems, in Valhalla-Macron it remains insufficient. For this reason, the various nations of the ringworld also build their own fusion reactors; over 9200 of them are believed to be active on its surface... and even then, Valhalla-Macron sometimes has amat imported from other worlds, and owns several solar power stations in neighboring systems.
Politically, Valhalla-Macron is a loose confederacy of nations. Before the Malfean War, the ringworld had been particularly dependent on Stellar Intelligences for its administration; following their loss, it fell into chaos, just as hundreds of billions of refugees flocked to it from worlds devastated by the war. This, combined with limited imperial presence in the sector, led to a social fracture, and finally a confederacy that declared its independence from the Central Empire. With the vast resources at its disposal, Valhalla-Macron has since been able to act as a political counterpoint to the Central Empire throughout Sector 51; the two have waged a cold war of sort for many centuries, as imperials try to exert influence on neighboring systems and the nations of the ringworld itself. There seems to be little risk of open war, however - the combined fleets of Valhalla-Macron's nations total 8 dreadnoughts(!) and over a hundred battlecruisers, and their population includes a handful of Lunars and Sidereals; while the Central Empire could no doubt win a war, its sheer cost - never mind the cost of an occupation - would render the enterprise terribly wasteful. As such, Sector 51 is likely to remain the site of the galaxy's principal cold war for the foreseeable future.

The Scorpio Archipelago: As a general rules, nations are established in the presence of a star. It's where planets and useful asteroids are found, not to mention a constant source of solar energy. Space stations built in the interstellar void tend to be small, isolated outposts, generally designed to hide away from the rest of society.
Not so in the Scorpio Nebula. A mass of hydrogen gasses spread over hundreds of billions of miles, the nebula is relatively dense, and believed by scholars to be less than two million years away from collapsing under its own gravitational pull to become a star. That made it an object of interest to the Church of Solar Revival, a powerful religious movement in a nearby empire: Revivalists saw the Terminus and its black holes as the bringers of galactic end, and the future sun that would be born from the Scorpio Nebula as the sacred light of life that would burn the Terminus away and start a new age across the galaxy. Revivalists numbered in the tens of millions, some of them wealthy businessmen...and as such, five centuries ago, they came up with an ambitious plan: The colonization of the nebula.
The Scorpio Archipelago, as we call today, is the result of that plan: The revivalists brought with them fusion reactors, to generate power from the nebula's hydrogen. They brought picotech converter, to transform hydrogen into heavier elements. From those heavier elements, they fashioned O'Neil Cylinders. These cylinders now form 12 cities floating in the nebula, the "islands" that constitute the Archipelago. A dozen of cities floating across the vastness of space, separated by distances measured in billions of miles instead of light-years.
Politically, the Scorpio Archipelago is a bit of a mess. Each "island" has its own government. Some are democracies. Some are dictatorships. One, ruled by the modern version of the Church of Solar Revival, is constantly trying to shore up the nebula inward, hastening the formation of the future star (it is estimated that they have shaved about 1% of the estimated time from the process). Pirates are, sadly, not uncommon in the area...but rival nations have little interest in the Archipelago: With its lack of natural resources, it remains a source of curiosity more than a political or mercantile power. Its main draw, really, is tourism, as tens of millions come each year to witness this strange environment (some of them Revivalists on pilgrimage, though the majority of those live on the Archipelago itself).

The Battlestar Nation: Part nation, part mercenary company, the Battlestar Nation derives its name from one of the most famous ships in the galaxy:
One of the largest ships of the Galactic Empire, the Battlestar was five kilometers long, its hangar bay alone massive enough to contain three battlecruisers. When the Malfean war broke out, it famously took part in the Battle of Deneb, where it fought off a fleet of three enemy dreadnoughts and hundreds of lesser ships. It was, however, less lucky in its later battle with a Stellar Intelligence, where a femtotech plague was unleashed on the crew and wiped it out to a man; though the ship itself survived the battle, the destruction of nearby canals left it essentially lost to the galaxy for over two centuries.
Then, one day, a group of pirates lucked into finding it. With a crew far too small (and lacking in the highly advanced technical know-how) to use the ship itself, they instead opted to use it as a base of operations, as well as looting it for tech parts and weaponry. Their operation made them wealthy for a while, until the local navy cracked down on them, and sent its fleet after the pirates' hidden base. They were shocked to discover the base's nature, but alas, the local navy - a cruiser and a dozen frigates - could not hope to take the "base" while the pirates controlled hundreds of its cannons. Not knowing what else to do, they sent out a call for mercenaries able to take the pirates out.
The call was answered by the Plasma Talons, a mercenary company ranking in over twenty thousand members, whose leadership was mostly comprised of Dragon-Blooded. Seeing the incredible opportunity before them, the mercs took over the ship... and unlike the pirates, they were able, with some effort, to activate it. The Battlestar became the first (and to date, only) titan-class warship owned by a group outside the Central Empire, and the mercenaries were suddenly a major geopolitical power.
The Battlestar's new owners wasted no time pressing the advantage. Taking several highly lucrative contracts in the sector, they turned the tide in several local wars, amassing a fortune in the process... enough to hire tens of thousands of additional personnel. With a fully-crewed titan, soon followed by other lesser ships, the mercenary company had become the greatest military power of its area.
That was a long time ago. Nowadays, the Battlestar Nation (as it has come to be called) includes the eponymous titan, two dreadnoughts (a fact that would in itself be extremely impressive for any other mercenary company), hundreds of smaller ships, and legions comprising over half a million soldiers. It effectively rules several orbital cities, and three planets (spread over two systems) are effectively its vassals. By all accounts, it is the greatest military power of Sector 76 - wars in the sector tend to be decided by who can obtain the Battlestar's favor, as those who oppose it have no hope but guerrilla warfare.
Unsurprisingly, both the Central Empire and the Valhalla-Macron Confederacy have attempted to buy the services of the Battlestar Nation. Its Dragon-Blooded leadership chooses to stay away from those major powers - they would rather stay the big fish in the small pond (to the extent that an entire galactic sector can be considered a small pond).

Tetra: In today's galaxy, activity surrounding black holes is usually associated with the Tomb-Stars and their Death Avatars. But before the Tomb-Stars, before the Terminus, before the Malfean War, there was Tetra.
A ring-shaped space station over a hundred kilometers in radius and nearly a kilometer thick, Tetra rotates around the black hole known as Oblivion X. Built in the centuries preceding the Malfean War, Tetra was originally a gigantic space station, designed to study black holes and their potential applications. It represented the first successful attempt at deriving energy from these deadly celestial objects, and to this day, Tetra has no need to import energy, despite housing at least hundreds of billions of people (and quite possibly billions, though this is hard to confirm).
After the war, Tetra was cut off from the rest of galactic society for a while. When it was rediscovered, it had become a bleak place, ruled with an iron-fist by the autocratic Lord Kaiber. Hidden in the darkness, Tetra tends to avoid contact with the outside world... which makes it a good hiding place for pirates, smugglers, and other outlaws. The people of Tetra are raised in a culture of fear and paranoia, which Lord Kaiber only seems to encourage. Kaiber's own nature is the subject of speculation - though he is clearly exalted, the specific exaltation type is unclear.
In recent centuries, Tetra has been part of certain smuggling rings involving femtotech devices of unknown origin. The occasional presence of Terminus forces in the area leads many to suspect that Tetra may have secret deals with the Death Avatars... or even that Lord Kaiber is nothing less than an Abyssal.
Tetra doesn't have a military fleet. Nor does it need one, at least for defensive purposes: The city has developed a unique type of weaponry which uses Oblivion X's gravitational field to create gravitic pulses in a specific direction, allowing it to rip apart any incoming ship. Understandably, assaults on Tetra have been vanishingly rare.

The Hundred Planets: One of the most peculiar places in the galaxy, the Hundred Planets were the work of an ambitious and eccentric Solar engineer. Through incredible feats of cosmic engineering, he was able to transport numerous planets between systems, until he had 100 habitable planets orbiting a single sun. The effort took decades of hard work and taxed the energy output of an entire Dyson sphere, but in the end, it was possible to place a massive population, a veritable empire, within a single system - at what was still a far smaller cost than the construction of a ringworld.
When the Malfean War came, the Solar creator of the Hundred Planets became terribly concerned with defending it from the Stellar Intelligences. To that purpose, he set out to create a powerful weapon: The Omnicrusher! A machine dozens of miles wide, in orbit around its sun, the Omnicrusher would take projectiles with a mass of multiple megatons, and then accelerate them to relativistic speed before shooting them with deadly precision. A single shot could obliterate any ship ever built, irreparably wreck a planet... and, quite probably, kill a Stellar Intelligence. To the very least, none attacked the Hundred Planets during the war. Nevertheless, legends say the Omnicrusher was strongly criticized by the generals of the Galactic Empire, as its static design made it impossible to move through the canals, confining it forever to its home system.
The Malfean War is long gone, of course, but the Omnicrusher remains in the Hundred Planets system. For many centuries now, it has been clear that whoever controls the Omnicrusher, is de facto the true ruler of the Hundred Planets - the battle station is virtually impossible to take by force, as it will obliterate any assaulting ship in one hit. As such, the station also serves as the throne of the Hundred Planets, from which the current ruler may control a hundred worlds with no checks or balances. However, this also means that the path to power... is assassination. And over the centuries, the various powers of the Hundred Planets have formed powerful, pervasive assassin guilds, as they all seek to control the Omnicrusher. Rulers rarely last more than a decade, and yet there is no shortage of ambitious fellows to try.
The presence of such a weapon of mass destruction (and a ruling class ruthless enough to use it) has created a climate of fear across the Hundred Planets. Though the Omnicrusher has seen very little actual use to date (destroying an O'Neill cylinder on two occasions), every citizen of this strange empire suspects that they will die without warning tomorrow, along with their entire world, at some madman's whim.

The Exodash: Perhaps the most famous civilian ship in existence, the Exodash is all that remains of the Daikini system.
The Daikini system consisted of several planets, one of them habitable, in orbit around a star in the last phase of its life. In the last centuries preceding the Malfean War, there had been plans of harnessing the energy of the star's incoming supernova explosion. Using technology beyond anything modern engineers can even imagine, it was planned to store the energy of the cosmic blast, gathering in one go more energy than any Dyson sphere could have produced in thousands of years. As funds were gathered for the project, workers were moved in, colonies formed...
...and then the Stellar Intelligences revolted, and the project was abandoned. After the Galactic Empire collapsed, the Daikini system was mostly left to fend for its own. Cities were built, governments formed, population grew. It was nearing two billions when its scholars came to a troubling discovery: The cosmic cataclysms of the war had accelerated their sun's dying process; instead of seven centuries, there would be less than one before it went supernova.
What followed was a planet-wide effort to escape the incoming disaster. Governments unified. Corporations were put to work toward the common good. Scientists, engineers, workers, politicians, businessmen, all worked feverishly to avoid Armageddon. And finally, with little time to spare, they completed their work with the Exodash: A gigantic world-ship 80 kilometers-long, large enough to house the system's entire population. As the Daikini system was obliterated, its people fled above their immense ship.
Centuries have passed. The Exodash travels from system to system, rarely staying in one for more than one year. It has crossed seven different galactic sectors over time - and wherever it goes, it brings both curses and blessings: The presence of two billion new foreigners in a system inevitably leads to some degree of unrest... but on the other hand, the Exodash has evolved into one of the galaxy's premier trade platforms: Wherever it goes, it brings a burst of commerce, in addition to the culture of the worlds it has crossed before. Even the wealthiest worlds of the Central Empire find the Exodash fair competition where multiculturalism is concerned - all the more so because, inevitably, millions will leave ship, and millions of locals will board, at any system the Exodash stops at: It is, after all, an excellent way of seeing more of the galaxy.
The Exodash is a democracy, and acquiring citizenship is trivially easy, though it is lost as soon as one stops living on board. Politically, it strives to stay neutral, and to move to a different system when that proves difficult. For its defense, the world-ship has a small fleet of seven cruisers, as well as dozens of frigates and corvettes... though somewhat unusually, its primary force consists in the "Exodash Swarm", several thousands of small fighter ships that can launch from its hangar at a moment's notice.

The Jade Empire: One of the largest nations of the Frontier, the Jade Empire rules over 82 different systems, and holds great sway over all the others in Sector 70. Much of its power is owed to its founder, Emperor Sagon, a Lunar who deserted the Central Empire nearly five centuries ago.
When Sagon reached Sector 70, it was the theater of many wars, some of them civil. He went to the most anarchic of those worlds, and took it over within a year. Following that, he established the political system of his new Jade Empire: Powerful academies would train bureaucrats; the people would hold elections to choose which bureaucrats would then be given power; the Emperor, acting as a constitutional monarch, would act as a check on the bureaucrats, curbing excesses of the system.
Sagon's administrative genius shone through the government he had designed. It certainly helped that he also had a knack for rallying the talented (and the Exalted) to his cause. System by system, the Jade Empire absorbed its neighbors - in most cases, without even using military force! More often peaceful means such as commerce, diplomacy, and cultural influence were used. The only times the empire has conquered through armies were due to aggressive foes firing the first shot, or when neighboring nations treated their own people in truly abhorrent ways, prompting the more civilized Jade Empire to intervene.
The Jade Empire has a reputation for the relative freedom and prosperity of its people. Militarily, it is by far the greatest power of Sector 70, with no less than four destroyers. It may soon need them, however - more and more, it finds itself in an intensifying cold war with the Dragon Realm, and many expect the war to turn hot in the not-so-distant future.

The Dragon Realm: One of the most feared nations of the Frontier, the Dragon Realm was founded by a clan of Dragon-Blooded who had acquired an incredible tool: A Cosmic Engine, lost during the Malfean War. Keeping their discovery an utmost secret for the following decades, they used it in a hidden fortress in the interstellar void to generate immense amounts of amat, which they sold at an equally immense profit... profit that would then go to fuel their dark ambition: Unfortunately for many billions, these men and women were following what they called "the Path of Power".
The Path was a political philosophy that defined compassion and mercy as psychological weaknesses, defining the quest for power as the only meaningful raison d'Ítre of a political body. The Draconians, as they called themselves, applied that philosophy to the letter... and encouraged their people to do the same: Soon enough, the Dragon Realm was a proud empire of conquerors and slavers, relying on infinite reserves of ruthlessness and cruelty to break its enemies. Century after century, it expanded, becoming the uncontested superpower of Sector 71. The cosmic engine they now kept in their throne-fortress gave them an unlimited supply of energy, allowing them to steamroll over any opposition.
More recently, however, the Dragon Realm has encountered a snag: As it has learned, tens of millions (at a conservative estimate) of refugees from worlds it has conquered have fled to Sector 70... and they neither forgive nor forget. There is a massive political movement, called the Dragon-Slayers, which aims to unite worlds against the Draconians, before it is too late to stop them. Many people in Sector 70, including denizens of the Jade Empire, are sympathetic to the cause of the Dragon-Slayers, and as such, the Dragon Realm believes that it will need to enter war with the powers of the neighboring sector before it can finish the subjugation of Sector 71.
At first glance, one might think that such a conflict would give an obvious advantage to the Draconians: With their ruthless strategies, their cosmic engine, and their massive fleet (which includes six destroyers, making it one of the largest in the galaxy), many expect them to crush the Jade Empire once the time comes. But the truth is more complex than that - the Jade Empire has far more potential allies, after all.
The Central Empire has very little presence in Sector 71, but there can be no doubt that it desires the Draconians' cosmic engine. After all, that device alone is able to provide of the Dragon Realm's energy needs.

Luthe: The origin of this unusual world lies in the nebula that used to occupy its location. Hundreds of millions of years ago, there was nothing there but a vast cloud of hydrogen. Then, the fusioners came.
Fusioners are a highly unusual life form, practically gaseous and miles in length. They live in the void of space, feeding on the hydrogen of nebulas - through a biological form of nuclear fusion, they turn it into helium, which they then turn into beryllium, which they then turn into oxygen. For millions of years, these exceptional animals roamed a pocket of the gas cloud, eating hydrogen and excreting oxygen in gigantic amounts.
But as is always the wont of a nebula, the gasses eventually contracted under their gravity. Most formed the sun of the Luthe system, but the pocket most fusioners had lived in collapsed instead into a planetoid in its orbit. But when all that oxygen and hydrogen contracted together, the inevitable happened - massive fires, creating equal amounts of water.
And thus came to be Luthe - a planet made almost entirely of water, nearly down to its core. Strange lifeforms have evolved on - or rather, in Luthe. Near the surface, one can find islands made of algae, banks of fish, and in more recent times floating cities built by various colonists from neighboring systems. But in the planet's depths, monsters lurk. Grey Devourers - carnivorous beasts hundreds of yards long, which have become harder than steel under the insane pressures - are not the most terrifying of them. Fortunately, they cannot survive at depths less a hundred miles."

horus42
2013-02-28, 05:03 PM
Wow. All of that is really, really cool.

Though I'll admit, when I first glimpsed at the entry on the Dragon Realm and say something called "Draconians" I was expecting Dragon Kings as aliens. Though corrupt and power-hungry Dragon-Blooded are cool too.

sun_tzu
2013-02-28, 07:02 PM
Wow. All of that is really, really cool.
Glad you like!

Though I'll admit, when I first glimpsed at the entry on the Dragon Realm and say something called "Draconians" I was expecting Dragon Kings as aliens. Though corrupt and power-hungry Dragon-Blooded are cool too.
Less "Dragon-Kings", more "Draka Domination". :smallwink:

horus42
2013-02-28, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I see that now. That was just what I thought at first glance.

sun_tzu
2013-03-01, 01:22 PM
Mmmmmaybe I should slow down a bit for Watson to act. XD

...though I imagine by this point the battle's mostly over.
Hm. Is there a name to the place we're at? What are they gonna call this battle?

horus42
2013-03-01, 01:51 PM
The closest inhabited planet is called Michilimackinac. The battle's taking place in the asteroid belt of that system.

And yes, the battle's almost over. Unless the Black Fleet has something else up its sleeves... :smallbiggrin:

sun_tzu
2013-03-03, 10:43 AM
So...anything happening?

sun_tzu
2013-03-05, 02:58 PM
Huh. In vanilla Creation, where the number of Abyssal Exaltations is limited and the number of Alchemical ones are not, this theft would have obvious motivations. In Heaven's Reach, though...what, do they want Exalts who have no Resonance, so they can better handle empire-building on our side of the Terminus?

Also, updated the "guide to notable nations" entry, since I had this idea for an unusual locale. :smallbiggrin:

horus42
2013-03-05, 03:08 PM
Well, the Tomb Stars believe it would be easier to mass-produce Soulsteel Caste Alchemicals than it would be to capture and convert more Solar Exaltations into Abyssals.

And I have a slight deviation from canon that accounts for the Resonance issue. But you'll find out about that later! :smallamused:

sun_tzu
2013-03-14, 05:12 AM
So, er, should I be posting, or should Maugan Ra...?

horus42
2013-03-14, 04:30 PM
Oh, I was waiting to see what you two were going to do, but if you guys need more to go on, I can make another post.

sun_tzu
2013-03-19, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I guess I'm kinda waiting on Maugan Ra here, since he's the one whose character got the message... ^^'

sun_tzu
2013-04-01, 04:03 PM
...Maugan Ra? You there?