PDA

View Full Version : [E6] Lord of Terror (build help)

A_S
2012-09-20, 02:14 PM
Looking to put together a high-powered fear-focused caster build for E6. What I've got so far:

-----

Human (28 point buy)
Str: 8
Dex: 8
Con: 14
Int: 18
Wis: 8
Cha: 14

Flaws: Shaky, Murky-Eyed

ACFs: Abrupt Jaunt, Fighter Bonus Feat

1 - Wizard 1 - Bind Vestige (level 1), Improved Bind Vestige (human), Fell Frighten (flaw), Precocious Apprentice (flaw), Martial Study (Wizard)
2 - Anima Mage 1
3 - Dread Witch 1 - Spell Focus (necromancy)
4 - Dread Witch 2 - Cha 15
5 - Dread Witch 3
6 - Dread Witch 4 - Imperious Command

-----

Questions:
If I understand the RAW right, I don't qualify for any maneuvers at 1st level (because my Initiator Level is 0, due to not being a martial adept), but the Martial Study feat has no prerequisites, so I can still take it, I just don't have any maneuvers available to me when I get to the "pick a maneuver" part of the feat, so I miss out on them. Which is fine, since I really just want Intimidate as a class skill to get into Anima Mage, which happens when I pick Devoted Spirit as my discipline earlier in the feat description. Is this correct?
Any way you can think of for this character to get Fear onto its spell list? I haven't been able to find any domains that grant it as a third level spell, so no luck with Arcane Disciple. I should be able to do okay with Fell Frighten and Blade of Fear and Pain, but Fear would really be nice. Sucks that 6 HD is the cutoff for Scare.
What vestige should I bind? I was thinking Focalor for the debuff aura, but any other suggestions?
Any feats I should be looking out for (either at level 3 instead of Spell Focus, or after level 6)? I've thought of Arcane Thesis for spells I want to Fell Frighten, Greater Spell Focus, and Skill Focus (intimidate), but what else should I take?
Can you think of any way for me to get one more feat at 1st level (without more flaws)? I really want Dreadful Wrath, but I can't seem to fit it in.

Thanks!

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-09-20, 03:58 PM
After gaining Anima Mage, use the retraining rules in PH2 to switch Improved Bind Vestige to Improved Binding, and Bind Vestige to Dreadful Wrath.

Your use of Martial Study should work fine.

If you can use fractional BAB, Obtain Familiar + Improved Familiar (CW) for a Krenshar would be perfect.

Anything that reduces the metamagic cost of Fell Frighten (Easy Metamagic, Practical Metamagic, Metamagic School Focus) would be a big help.

A_S
2012-09-20, 05:36 PM
I'm avoiding Dragon Magazine content, so Easy Metamagic is out. Can you think of a feat-only way to get my hands on the ability to "spontaneously cast 3rd-level spells" for Practical Metamagic? Dragonblood isn't a problem; I could just be Silverbrow Human.

*edit* Signature Spell will do it. Cool.