PDA

View Full Version : Memory of Light - Wheel of Time prologue

DrK
2012-09-20, 02:58 PM
Hello to all American playgrounders.

The prologue to the last wheel of time book has been released but... sadly its only available to US & Candadian customers.

http://www.dragonmount.com/index.php/News/amol/prologue_available

Any chance someone could buy it in America and send me the kindle version and I could paypal the money to you?

Soras Teva Gee
2012-09-20, 05:30 PM
Well now I have some reading for the evening.

My favorite series is almost done. :smallfrown:

DrK
2012-09-20, 11:57 PM
I actually managed to spoof the dragonmount shop. Thank you GW new York for providing a genuine address.

Its sad to day but it got better when Sanderson took over.

dps
2012-09-20, 11:58 PM
Oh, prologue. I mis-read the 2nd part of the thread title as, "Wheel of Time prequel" and thought, "What!?! Last thing the Wheel of Time series needs at this point is a prequel".

Douglas
2012-09-21, 12:18 AM
Hello to all American playgrounders.

The prologue to the last wheel of time book has been released but... sadly its only available to US & Candadian customers.
It's actually available everywhere TOR Books is legally allowed to sell it (http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/09/qby-grace-and-banners-fallenq-now-available-in-select-non-us-markets).

For those in the UK, Australia, and an odd assortment of other places, complain to Orbit Books about them not having it available yet, they've got the rights for pretty much everywhere that TOR doesn't as I understand it.

Normally I'd be happy to help people outside the U.S. get it, but every method I can think of to do so is either illegal or something I'm not sure about the legality of.

Kitten Champion
2012-09-21, 12:45 AM
Oh, prologue. I mis-read the 2nd part of the thread title as, "Wheel of Time prequel" and thought, "What!?! Last thing the Wheel of Time series needs at this point is a prequel".

Technically they're all prequels of themselves.

DrK
2012-09-21, 12:55 AM
It's actually available everywhere TOR Books is legally allowed to sell it (http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/09/qby-grace-and-banners-fallenq-now-available-in-select-non-us-markets).

For those in the UK, Australia, and an odd assortment of other places, complain to Orbit Books about them not having it available yet, they've got the rights for pretty much everywhere that TOR doesn't as I understand it.

Normally I'd be happy to help people outside the U.S. get it, but every method I can think of to do so is either illegal or something I'm not sure about the legality of.

I saw that massive list of countries and thought "WHY!". But its okay. Its an e-book so paid by Paypal and filled in their adress info with an American address. So e-delivered and paid for properly so no illegality :smallsmile:

Really enjoyed the Prologue- setting the scene nicely for "the end". Just wish some of the mahor characters had been in it and now aware that its quite a wait till January!

Deathkeeper
2012-09-23, 08:26 PM

But wasn't New Spring (or whatever it was called) a prequel?

JoshL
2012-09-23, 09:00 PM
New Spring was indeed a prequel (and pretty fun). Jordan wanted to do a couple more, and some spin offs as well.

I'm excited about this series, which I've loved for over half my life now, finally coming to an end!

Helanna
2012-09-23, 11:10 PM
Its sad to day but it got better when Sanderson took over.

It is sad to say, but I have to agree. I mean who knows - maybe if Jordan was writing the pace still would have picked up and the plot would have got moving even without Sanderson, but there's no denying the last books before his death were kind of . . . quagmire-y. In any case, I still love his writing, the early books were still awesome, and I will always be eternally grateful to him for starting such an epic series.

I'm excited for the last book, but very sad about the ending of the series. I still remember picking up the first book at my school book fair in sixth grade, thinking "Huh, this looks interesting . . ."

I have to say that aMoL could be about 50% (major series spoilers)

"Moiraine gets caught up on stuff" and I would be perfectly, completely happy. Partially because Moiraine is awesome. Partially because, well, a lot of stuff has happened since she left! Rand became sane and hyper-competent, saidin was cleansed and men can channel freely, Egwene is Amyrlin, Nynaeve Healed stilling and madness, Perrin is a lord, Mat is a general . . . I'm sure we won't have time to see her reaction to everything, but I'm really, really looking forward to the Rand/Moiraine reunion.

Anyway, anyone interested in WoT should check out the re-read (http://www.tor.com/features/series/wot-reread)! Where Leigh Butler goes through each of the books chapter by chapter, doing a recap and some analysis (including theories about the last books and pointing out various bits of foreshadowing and prophecy). I think it's been going on for about three years now, but it's finally on Towers of Midnight, so hopefully that'll be finished in time for aMoL.

DrK
2012-09-24, 02:29 PM
I've been enoying that re-read that's been great. It keeps reminding me about some of the small bits that I've forgotten about. Even in the slow books (8-11). There are still good gems hidden in there.

As for AMoL...

There are a few things I'm looking forward/ wishing to see...

Egewene getting b*tch slapped and forced to eat some humble pie as the Aes Sedai get told they are small potatoes and superflous to requirements.

THe Rand/ Mat/ Perrin reunion. I loved the Mat-Perrin one in Towers of Midnight

Moraine's reapparance

And finally someone saving Lan!