PDA

View Full Version : DM helpers

etrpgb
2012-09-21, 02:24 AM
I am not still sure how, but a friend of mine convinced me to DM a 3rd edition reprise of the classical ``Return to Tomb of Horror'' at level 15th.
And I need help of anyone who knows the game and tools well.

- Do you know any tool to help generating encounters? Free would be better. But not necessary.

- I know there is the Tomb itself already remade for 3rd edition, there is any other material I can use a part of my old Return To Tomb of Horror book?

- We all know Wizards, Clerics et cetera are very strong, what are the most game-breaker spells? Just to be ready...

Thanks, anything is welcome.

TheOOB
2012-09-21, 02:29 AM
I am not still sure how, but a friend of mine convinced me to DM a 3rd edition reprise of the classical ``Return to Tomb of Horror'' at level 15th.
And I need help of anyone who knows the game and tools well.

- Do you know any tool to help generating encounters? Free would be better. But not necessary.

- I know there is the Tomb itself already remade for 3rd edition, there is any other material I can use a part of my old Return To Tomb of Horror book?

- We all know Wizards, Clerics et cetera are very strong, what are the most game-breaker spells? Just to be ready...

Thanks, anything is welcome.

For the first and second question, just sticking to a pre-made adventure is usually your best choice starting out. In D&D 3/3.5 designing encounters is more art than science.

As for game breakers, that's a difficult question. At 15th level the uber classes will already be uber, and the garbage classes will already be garbage. I'd ask people to stick to tier 3 or 4 classes personally:

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1002.0

etrpgb
2012-09-21, 02:53 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention one point. The return to tomb of horror book I have is for D&D 2nd edition, so I need to remake the encounters.

Acanous
2012-09-21, 06:15 AM
Well, I'd reccommend the Summon Elemental reserve feat, it'll come in way handy if you're running around in the ToH.

ThiagoMartell
2012-09-21, 07:09 AM
Well, I'd reccommend the Summon Elemental reserve feat, it'll come in way handy if you're running around in the ToH.

Yeah, that will help the DM a lot.