PDA

View Full Version : help with my druid

Valdor
2012-09-21, 09:19 AM
Well I know there are other threads that have been done on this subject but I am on my phone only and for some reason the search function does not seem to work.

Well anyways, I am making a straight lvl 10 Druid for an upcoming game and I could use a little help. I really need to know what are some of the better wildshapes that I should be doing with my guy since I want to keep a small list of critters that I frequently shape into. I am also wondering what are some good feats that will help me out( yes I knkw natrual spell at lvl 6 is a must) and stick to the flavor. Last thing is if I have a Monks Belt and put that clasp that allows things to shape with me, I still get the WIS bonus, right?

The campaign is mainly sailing and artic so I would like to keep alot of flavor toward more the artic side of things. A little background of the story is that the spirit that controls Winter was murdered by the spirit that controls Summer. This cause the seasons to get out of wack and the other Seasons are now fearing for themselves. I being an artic druid not only want my Winter back but the balance needs to be restored

Only books not allowed are:
Dragon magazines
Campaign setting specific book
Plus I want to keep alot of the flavor towards Stormwrack and Frostburn. Thatnks for the help in advance

Fruchtfliege
2012-09-21, 03:57 PM
Heyo :)

1. Google "Druid Handbook"
2. Profit

I'd post the link, but its from another forum and I am too lazy to search in the forum rules to see if its allowed to link there.

Regarding the "monk's belt": Most DMs will grant you this, yes. Some will argue, but by RAW its the law ^^

Just make sure your Druid fits into your group. Its really hard work not to do everything alone at that level. You just tend to break stuff unintentionally.
So damn overpowered these guys. But lot of fun to play.

eggs
2012-09-21, 04:53 PM
Here's (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=940.0) the handbook link.

It's hard to give advice within parameters as broad as "good feats." You'll probably get the best feedback if you browse the handbook, get a couple ideas for things you specifically want to emphasize (do you want to summon/blast/whatever) and narrow the question down a bit.

Reality_Czech
2012-09-21, 09:28 PM
I will say you need a really good reason to do anything other than druid 20. Do you have any preference on whether he's a blaster, buffer, wildshaper, summoner, healer... what's your goal?

If you dial your goal in a bit I'm happy to recommend good ways to make it work for you :)

If you're not sure, pick Natural Spell at 6th level and stuff whatever cool sounding feats you like into the other levels. You seriously can't go wrong mechanically, you'll have plenty of time to develop your character concept and roleplay.

Valdor
2012-09-21, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I probably should have defined him a bit better but it was such a pain to type using my phone.

Well I am looking to be probably be a partial buffer and melee combatant. I know one other guy is playing a blaster Sorcerer and the other player is doing a Scarlet Corsair build. So I was hoping to buff myself while wildshaped and the other guy and take on agroo while I let the Blaster do his thing. So I would think feats that help me survive are a must.

I will be sure to look through the handbook when I have a chance as free time is very limited before the game (damn work and being an adult) and the DM requires all characters to be done before the game day. So if character is not done by 6pm then you sit out the day.

Andezzar
2012-09-21, 11:26 PM
You probably know this, but take Natural spell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#naturalSpell), unless you intend to trade away Wild Shape.

eggs
2012-09-22, 01:57 AM
For races, Human's always a safe bet, but it's hard to go too wrong with anything with a bonus to Con (Dwarfs, Nezumi, Dragonborn, Whisper Gnomes) or Wisdom (these tend to be the kinds of things that arch eyebrows, like dragonborn buommen, anthropomorphic animals or jermalaines).

For feats, if you're focusing on taking an animal into melee, you'll probably want Multiattack and Natural Spell. Frozen Wild Shape isn't fantastic, but it's very fitting.

For your other feat slots, you'll be able to use Quicken Spell, and you'll definitely want to later on, but it's still a bit sketchy at this level. Depending on your tactics and the forms you're going to assume, some more generalized combat feats like Improved Grapple/Trip or Power Attack could work out.