PDA

View Full Version : Spells while in Wind Walk

Tomokun
2012-09-21, 10:32 AM
So, out of curiosity, anybody know what spells COULD theoretically be cast while in gaseous form?

Character has the following feats - Eschew Materials, and the Draconic Heritage feats, along with quickened turning.

As near as I can tell, there isn't ANYTHING I can cast, unless eschew materials allows you to bypass your divine focus.

Psyren
2012-09-21, 11:03 AM
It tells you exactly what you can cast - spells with no components. So Still + Silent spells with no costly component, SLAs, and Supernatural abilities are all fair game.

Psionics are wide open too - handy for a Cerebremancer, StP Erudite or Psychic Theurge.

Bypassing your divine focus is easy - take Worldly Focus from Faiths of Eberron.

Tomokun
2012-09-21, 11:09 AM
*nods* I know from the description of the spell what is theoretically able to be cast, but in digging through the spell compendium and PHB, I didn't find anything that I COULD cast that didn't involve a somatic or verbal, or divine focus component in addition to a material component.

Never dabbled in psionics, but more and more I'm thinking I want to try them out, lol.

Looking more along the lines for specific spell suggestions in this instance. Unfortunately I didn't take still or silent spell feats, which now I'm instantly regretting :p

Psyren
2012-09-21, 11:16 AM
Spells with no components at all? Aside from psionics, I don't know any like that I'm afraid...

EDIT: Shadowcaster Mysteries would work too (with Still Mystery - applies to all your mysteries instead of just one) but that requires going outside the normal magic system too.

ericgrau
2012-09-21, 11:17 AM
Spells with no verbal component are very rare but a lot of enchantments and high level spells have no somatic component. Many 9th level spells for example, even wish. So the main feat is silent spell and second comes still spell. Most of those spells also have no material component.

Tricks like going archmage to change some spells into spell like abilities could be handy.