PDA

View Full Version : So now what..... (3.P) Advice needed.

rollforeigninit
2012-09-21, 09:00 PM
I recently started a campaign with two of my kids. The basic premise is this: the two of them are actually royalty unawares. They were sent to live with my Character (their uncle) in an attempt to shelter them from danger and in the hope that they would not become a more typical royalty (spoiled, etc). My character is tasked with keeping the two of them safe. He actually lives part time in a monastery north of the village the kids are raised in. We're still 1st level & I'd like some input on where to take him thereafter.

All 3 of us rolled stats (4d6 drop lowest) and could pick any of the 3 stat blocks rolled. My daughter killed the curve. The kids decided to play a Ninja/Fighter and a Rogue/Sorceress (very important distinction from sorcerer, I'm told.)

Race- Human Inquisitor 1 (Favored Class)//Swordsage1(Modified)

Swordsage takes a bit of explaining. We Modified it pretty early on. Adaptive Style is part of the class, the AC bonus works in both Unarmored & Light Armor. We get to pick 7 Schools to use. I have Desert Wind, Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, Setting Sun, Shadow Hand, and Tiger Claw. Discipline Focus is now more of a list you can pick the effects of. I took Proficiency- Discipline and gain proficiency in all the weapons of an given Discipline. In the case of unarmed strike, you gain Improved Unarmed Strike as a feat if it appears on the discipline weapon list. ( I took Shadow Hand.)

Str-13
Dex-17
Con-14
Int-14
Wis-17
Cha-9

Traits- Reactionary- +2 Init, Desperate Focus- +2 to cast defensively
Feats- Improved Unarmed Strike (From Discipline Focus), Weapon Finesse (You also gain Agile Maneuvers with the purchase of Weapon Finesse.) , Shadow Blade (Human)

Stance- Child Of Shadow

Maneuvers- Burning Blade, Crusader's Strike, Steel Wind, Sudden Leap, Vanguard Strike, Wolf Fang Strike

Domain- War (Tactics Subdomain)

Spells lvl 0- Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Read Magic
Spells lvl 1- Cure Light Wounds, Expeditious Retreat

I was actually thinking of maybe not going for a real 2 weapon fighter. The OH Unarmed Strike would kick in late in the build after I got Crane Riposte (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/crane-riposte-combat) How viable would it be to try for the Crane Style from Ultimate Combat and maybe add in Cloak Dance (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/cloak-dance), Superior Unarmed Strike, Snap Kick and Combat Reflexes? I'd use Short Sword as my MH and focus mostly on Standard action Strikes to retain a move for use with Cloak Dance. What is missing to make something like this work or do I need to narrow my focus a bit?