PDA

View Full Version : IC V:tM-Chicago-Trump Tower II

Pages : [1] 2

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-22, 12:52 AM
After a tasty meal, Danielle goes home and gets herself ready. Unless there is anything you would like to do before going, I will continue on to the main event of the evening.

Arriving at the Tower, the security guard that you met last time seems to remember you. He checks your invitation and compliments you on your attire in some way. You do notice another man in the lobby, one who is reading a paper, but you don't think that's what he's really doing. Security most likely.

As you arrive at floor 91, it becomes clear security is not as stretched thin as it was the night of the party. Where as one man greeted you last time, now there is four. Once again, they check your weapon if you have one. This time, however, they run a metal detector over you and frisk you.

One of them brings your to the elevated area, up the stairs, where the tables and bars were located. Prince Alexander seems to be enjoying a glass of something quite red, and he looking over something on a Ipad. On the table sits a laptop. He once again seems to be dressed in a suit and tie. Two security personal stand near the bar, keeping an eye on him. He looks up at your arrival, and stands as you approach, straightening his jacket.

Roll Charisma+Etiquette to know that he is expecting you to bow. Difficulty 6.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-22, 01:36 AM
yes that was rapid fire, lol
I'm turning in early tonight (irl) so I'll respond fully tomorrow <3
Enjoying your games so far, thanks CMT

[roll0]

NotScaryBats
2012-09-22, 12:12 PM
Danielle drops a smooth curtsey, impressed with the high level security. She straightens and inquires about her invitation. "What can I do for you this evening, my Prince?,"

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-22, 12:29 PM
He sits back down and motions for you to take a seat. Opening the laptop as he speaks, he begins doing things with it.
"Your message requested the video footage. You were invited here to see it. However this footage is not to be copied, and is not to leave this floor."

NotScaryBats
2012-09-22, 12:43 PM
"Of course,* Danielle says, taking a seat with the Prince of Chicago. She assumes the contents of the video will make the enhanced security make more sense.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-23, 02:07 AM
The Prince messes with the lap top and turns it so you can see the screen.

You can see the inside of a hoping night club. It is full of people and flashing lights. Music seems to be playing, some kind of techno, but the prince has turned the audio down. At the door sits two bouncers, both big tough looking guys in black shirts.

Immediately on the edge of the screen Danielle notices a vampire is feeding on a girl in the corner. No one around them seem to notice or care.

Then the door to the club swings widely open, as if someone kicked it, but no one is there. The two bouncers immediately react, rushing whatever caused it, but you don't see anything. Suddenly one of the bouncers falls back clutching his throat, as if it had been slashed. There is a sudden flash and sound of gun fire and the other bouncer falls back as if shot. The gunfire gets the attention of everyone in the club as four more people enter the club. All of them carrying automatics.

Initially people begin to flee to the side door, but the gun fire cuts into them badly. It becomes clear who the vampires are, at least some, as three individuals come from the crowd and attack the attackers. They absorb the gun fire well enough that they can get to the group, but it quickly becomes clear that they're too badly hurt by this point. Each and every vampire is shot up, staked, and then moments later their bodies turn to ash as an invisible force cuts their head off.

The four attackers all wear black ski masks, and leather gloves. However you can tell which one is Greg by his frame and the T-shirt he's wearing. It's the same as one of the pictures you saw.

With the people having fled, and the kindred having been killed, the dance floor is quite empty and the attackers begin to leave. Except for one, he goes over to a pile of ashes. He bites his finger and begins drawing in them ashes. If he's saying something, it can't be picked up because of the music still playing. After a moment, he gets up and leaves.

Shortly afterwards the prince turns the video off as it doesn't show anything more of importance. "As you can see, they were wise enough to wear masks and gloves. A lucky fact for them. Was that acceptable? or would you like to examine the video again?"

NotScaryBats
2012-09-23, 12:06 PM
Danielle looks at the video carefully. "So, we're operating under the assumption the invisible swordperson is a Lasombra? That is interesting they only have one. I tracked down that one there, his name is Greg Palsmot and was recently Embraced by a female. I do wonder who did it, though. The blood could be thinned enough for him not to develop the Lasombra weakness..." Her mind begins to analyze what she knows, trying to draw a big picture here.

"The boys you sent with me looked into the club a few nights after the shooting and encountered a Lupine. It let them go for some reason. The Greg boy worked at a bar named The Boar's Den, and seemed to hate the place. If their group is only five strong, he might have some say in where they hit, and if he has a vendetta against his employer... [ but that isn't one of your clubs anyway."

Danielle pauses a moment to collect her thoughts, and to give the Prince a chance to respond.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-23, 05:39 PM
He laughs slightly at the mention of Lasombra."Despite the rumors, the Sabbat are not all Lasombra. But there's enough of them that you can always assume there is at least one in a group. Leadership after all. However I would be willing to wager there might be one more in this particular cell. If your information is correct, that is. As you will notice, no females. All men."

His phone makes some noise and he checks it quickly, before turning back to you.

"As for 'the boys', they may have had some bad luck. I was alerted to their presence as soon as they entered the club. What I didn't anticipate was that a ghost was left in the club. That's something you could look into. Either a Giovanni or someone with ties to the family may be working with the Sabbat. I'm still working on having someone take care of the spirit. It appears the Lupine just looked around in the club and the disappeared into thin air. I can't imagine what in the heck he was doing there."

"About your theory on this bar being hit. It's possible but I don't think likely unless they've got some connections to kindred somehow. That's how the Sabbat work. When they expose themselves, it serves a purpose. They don't attack random bars that don't have a purpose."

NotScaryBats
2012-09-23, 08:03 PM
"It seems the werewolf scared them enough they forgot about the ghost;this is the first I've heard of it. I wonder if there is anything else, my Prince, or shall I be on my way?"

I assumed Lasombra because s/he was invisible, right? Lasombra don't cast reflections, and depending on the universe, can't be photographed or recorded.
With my vampire specialization and 4 occult, do I know this information?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-23, 09:00 PM
"Unless you have anything else to report of use, you are free to go. Just keep me informed of what you find."

With that he makes a wave with his hand, indicating that you may leave.

For clarification, I was not indicating that attacker was a ghost. The idea that it was Lasombra cutting the guys throat, and shooting the other bouncer was indeed what I was aiming for.

The mention of the ghost was different in topic, even though technically related. My apologies for the confusion.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-23, 09:34 PM
it was mainly the prince saying 'not all Sabbat are Lasombra' that threw me for a loop.
I think we're cleared up now, though.

Danielle smiles, nods, and makes her way out of the tower. Once out, she will phone Matthew and yell at him for not mentioning the ghost. (he didn't mention the ghost did he?)

NotScaryBats
2012-09-23, 10:15 PM
touche, actually Matthew said "... before a werewolf and a ghost showed up."
So. Danielle was the one who discounted that bit, paying more attention to the Lupine bit.

Anyway, I'm gonna make my call in the IC once feeding time is over for him, is that okay?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-23, 11:07 PM
That's fine. I'm actually disappointed this didn't take longer. I expected it to last longer than it did. I guess danielle is just too down to business, and so is the prince.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-24, 01:39 AM
Yes, she is utterly unlike any character I've ever played, except for her high social skills. I guess she does kind of skip the bull**** and get right down to it, which is kinda lame sometimes...

1:) I never play bitchy characters. I'm usually Neutral + and am usually nice

2:) Super organized and goal-oriented are not adjectives to describe me

3:) Its really fun to step outside my comfort zone for rp and stretch myself; I think I've got a good characterization of Danielle down by now.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-24, 02:03 AM
I've always wondered if our characters have a little of ourselves in us somewhere. if you've never had a bitchy character, that probably says some good things about you. Not me though. Some of my favorite characters had some mean sides to them. :smallwink:

I'm glad you enjoy playing Danielle however. Her and Matthew are two very interesting characters, even if they don't jive well, and it has made the chronicle very interesting so far... And as I have said, I enjoy you both as players. Hands down my best.

A extra thought, I recently decided that when/if you run out of leads, that I will use that opportunity to skip time a little bit as information takes time to surface. That way the chronicle can go longer than a week. Is that a problem?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-25, 04:27 PM
make a alertness+perception roll for danielle

NotScaryBats
2012-09-28, 01:03 PM
[roll0]
Danielle has 3 perception and 2 alertness

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 01:08 PM
Alright, those are some pretty good rolls.

When Danielle returns home from Trump Tower, she parks her car in the parking garage like she always does. But notices a suspicious looking man nearby, who seems to be trying to be hidden behind other cars. He also appears to have a bit of a scum look to him, someone who wouldn't be allowed to rent a place where you live.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-28, 01:35 PM
Danielle makes a sour face to herself. A rapist? A Sabbat fledgeling sent to spy on her? No matter, if a foolish fly was straying this close to her web, Danielle would have a meal.

"Tony? Is that you, Tony?" She calls, effecting a sweeter voice than her usual. She walks slowly towards the man with a smile, as though she thinks her boyfriend were trying to surprise her.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 02:33 PM
He doesn't say anything back, pretending that he didn't hear you.
He simply turns and casually walks behind a van so he is out of your sight. It occurs to you that where he is located is very secluded. He may want you to move closer, of course that works rather nicely in your favor too.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-28, 03:20 PM
Danielle giggles mischievously, "Tony, what do you have planned...?"

She continues to move toward the man and the van.

Cautious me, thinks it may be a trap. Danielle is quite confident, however

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 05:10 PM
Does Danielle walk all the way around the van, to where it is becoming clear he is waiting for her?

NotScaryBats
2012-09-28, 05:24 PM
Yes, Danielle coyly moves around the van to see what her boyfriend is doing.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 05:32 PM
LMAO. Her boyfriend.

As she comes around the van, the man is clearly waiting for her. He seems to have slipped some pantyhose over his head and points a handgun at Danielle's face as soon as she comes around the corner of the vehicle.

"Sorry Bitch, But I ain't Tony." He says coldly.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-28, 06:27 PM
"Wh-what do you want from me?" Danielle stammers, deciding to play with her food a bit.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 06:35 PM
He speaks firmly, but quietly. "Drop your purse, and put your hands on the wall. Do it NOW, or I put one of these inside you!" He orders.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-28, 07:20 PM
"Oh thank God, not the van." The extremely attractive brunette says vapidly. "Here, take what you want, just don't touch me... " She drops her designer purse on the ground and squeamishly puts her hands on the nearby wall, looking uncomfortable.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 08:27 PM
You feel the hard tip of a gun on your back, as he jabs it into your spine. "Oh, I didn't say I wouldn't touch you." He chuckles, as he grabs Danielle by her hair and pulls her off the wall for throwing her onto the ground. Danielle distinctly hears the sound of his belt buckle being undone.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-28, 09:20 PM
Danielle observes the scene with the cold indifference that only her kind possesses. She plans her attack, and waits for an opportune moment. The man is overconfident that waving the gun around grants him immunity. He has cowed his target, and now will put himself in an awkward, open pants'd position. He will be surprised, and then the Delirium will set in. Danielle will neutralize his gun arm, bite his neck, and take from him until she is satiated.

The rest of the plan will follow. Create a crime scene of a drug deal gone bad. Remove any evidence of her own involvement. One less scumbag on the streets, and rich vitae coursing through her system. Win win, really.

One final detail... Is there anyone else in the van, or is the rapist alone?

If that is clear, good. Otherwise, I intend to ready an action to fast shift by spending a Blood Point, grab and hold his gun arm, bite his neck, and drink his blood. Coupled with Delirium, which I incite in full, I should have him effectively neutralized until I drain him to unconsciousness.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-29, 01:47 PM
I have added a few things about Delirium on the house rules page. It occurred to me after your last post.

As far as Danielle can tell, there is no one in the Van. Other than hiding behind it, there is no indication that it even belongs to this guys. That being said, there is no indication that it DOESN'T belong to this guy. So there is a possibility he could have a accomplice.

[roll0]

The man tries to rape danielle, then she transforms and his brain turns to putty. He drops his gun, and tries to run as fast as he can away from her. Of course his pants fall down because he undid his belt buckle, and he trips and falls. And that's all the time it takes Danielle to catch him.

Your plan didn't quite work because he threw you down on the ground face first, but it ultimately doesn't matter because he has a willpower of 2.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-29, 07:14 PM
Danielle drags the rapist back into the obscurity of his van's shadow. She takes freely of his blood, several chitonous hands restraining him and keeping him from screaming. The Kiss gives him a final ecstasy before he fades into blackness, a suitable reversal. After taking all that she can hold, Danielle puts the unconscious man on the ground and resumes her human form.

With the calculation of a serial killer, the beautiful brunette goes to her car, gets a pair of disposable gloves, and returns to the scene. She snaps her fingers before the van, and opens it.

Note that my Gauntlet is opposite a Garou's, with high-Weaver influence making a lower one.
Open Seal different = Gauntlet: [roll0]

I drink 6 blood points, putting me at 10

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-29, 08:27 PM
The man screams in utter terror briefly, before she descends upon him, ending his life.

The van door was locked. It is, no longer. Inside appears to be a mostly empty van, with some cleaning supplies. A water vacuum, scrubbing brush, etc. No on is inside.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-29, 09:34 PM
Using her knowledge of CSI, Danielle begins her work.First, she checks the guy's wallet and compares it to the registration of the vehicle, checks for keys, and makes sure he came in this van. Then, she fastens the man's belt around his neck, and sets the scene for another voyeuristic auto-erotic asphyxiation death. She arranges the body in a convincing way, and tightens the belt enough to begin suffocation.

After Danielle is satisfied with the results, she exits the van and goes home, satiated and pleased with herself.

Any hurdles with this plan, or am I good to go? I tried to not rough him up with my claws or anything.

If it's all good, iIwill post IC and call Matt.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-29, 09:42 PM
Sadly the one hurdle with this plan is that the van is not registered to him.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-29, 11:22 PM
If he has the keys that's okay. If not, that will be an issue. Does he have the keys?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-29, 11:27 PM
He does indeed. So no problem. Are you going to leave this Van in the parking garage of your apartment complex?

NotScaryBats
2012-09-30, 02:02 AM
He came there on his own, so there shouldn't be a problem about that. Crazy rapist come to a rich parking garage and kills himself masturbating? Sounds plausible...

NotScaryBats
2012-10-02, 11:14 PM
[roll0]
Int + Occult. If I'm Meditating at my Sylie, I get 3 more dice: [roll1]

We'll see what Queen Ananasa has to say about where I should go from here.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-02, 11:37 PM
Honestly I was hoping for a low role just to justify saying you don't know enough about ghosts, so you wouldn't rationalize any reason to go there. Unfortunately you rolled too well.

Danielle arrives at the club at a little before 3 am. It's been a busy night for her...

The front door appears to be sealed shut with police tape. You can quickly deduce that there is a side door however, and walking down the alley allows you to notice someone has drilled the lock, and the police tape has been broken. There is a large closed dumpster not far from the doorway as well.

You don't see anyone on the street or even around the area, but you do get the sense in the back of your neck that you are being watched.

NotScaryBats
2012-10-09, 03:09 PM
Danielle stifles a yawn behind her hand as she examines the lock, her late night cup of coffee not quite having kicked in yet. She is wearing a dark sweatshirt and dark pants, with athletic sneakers. What a long night.

Still, there is business at hand, at the vampiress is determined to see it through. Casting about a moment to see if anyone is obviously watching her, she opens the door with a gloved hand and steps inside.

Once she has entered the building, Danielle removes a flashlight from her bag and shines it about, impressed at the wreckage Erik and Matthew managed to cause.

If she remains unmolested, she will go to the approximate spot the ash ritual -- or whatever it was -- got performed and call out to the spirit haunting this place.

"My name is Danielle Anderson, and I can help you." Having no idea what effect, if any, her Perfume would have on a wraith, Danielle keeps her wits about her, anticipating a violent reaction at first.

I hope your travels are going / went well! Sorry it took so long to respond <3

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-10, 05:31 PM
You make your way over to where you believe the ritual was completed. The ashes seem to have been cleaned up, so you only are guessing.

You speak and wait for a moment, and you think for a moment nothing is going to happen. Then you hear the sound of the door you came through slamming shut. Danielle twists around, and shines her light, but see's nothing.

There is a sense that she is no longer alone however.

NotScaryBats
2012-10-10, 09:29 PM
Danielle smiles to herself, if nothing else, she got the spirit's attention. "I can help you get free of this place," she carefully repeats, "but in order to help you, we need to talk. Can we start with your name?" Her tone is confident -- hopefully if she appears in control, the wraith won't force her to prove herself.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-10, 10:08 PM
The spirit doesn't speak, but Danielle does see something that appears to be trying to materialize near the front door. She also begins to detect a slight smell of... something foul. Garbage perhaps.

NotScaryBats
2012-10-10, 10:20 PM
Danielle wrinkles her nose and narrows her eyes, concerned that a fel spirit is attempting to materialize where she had wanted a wraith.

She considers peeking into the Umbra, but doesn't want to upset the dead human that might be lurking about by disappearing suddenly.

Decisions, decisions . . . Danielle decides to observe for now, and act once she acquires more information. She does draw her magnum, however.

Per + Occult to attempt to identify the entity?
[roll0]
If Int + Occult, the dice are the same.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-11, 12:07 AM
Danielle stares at the spirit as it takes shape. when it stops forming, she identifies it as the spirit of Boar. I think you know enough about boar that I don't have to repeat it.:smallwink: The spirit has yet to talk however.

NotScaryBats
2012-10-11, 01:07 AM
Danielle is shocked. Of all the things she had expected to materialize, a Totem Spirit was one of the last.

She bows and says, "My offer still stands. Obviously you are here for a reason, and we both know that this brewing war must be stopped. We can help each other, Great Spirit."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-11, 11:57 AM
Attack roll[roll0]
This Damage did not happen [roll1]

The spirit just sits there, staring at you. Refusing to speak. Danielle starts to get a bad feeling, and then sees something out of the corner of her eye. She starts to turn, but it is two late. A werewolf in Crinos form has somehow managed to sneak up on her. The creature wields a chair in one hand and slams it into her hand, knocking the gun to the floor. It growls out something that sounds like "Yeild!"

NotScaryBats
2012-10-11, 12:22 PM
"An underhanded tactic for a noble Totem of War," Danielle says, rubbing her hand and trying to keep both creatures in line of sight. She focuses on dodging if she is attacked again. "I yield. We don't have to fight.

dodge if necessary, [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-11, 12:40 PM
The beast looks very surprised by this. After a moment, struggles to spit out a audible word. "Vam- Vam- Pire?"

Meanwhile the spirit of boar just stands there, watching the two of you.

NotScaryBats
2012-10-11, 03:11 PM
"Yes," Danielle responds automatically. She back pedals, "I mean no - look, it doesn't matter. What's important is I'm your friend, not your enemy, and I want to track down the guys responsible for this attack, and prevent the Sabbat from instigating a full on Kindred War. Isn't that why you're here too, Lupine - I mean Garou. Garou." Smiling in the face of the Crinos werewolf, Danielle mentally curses her over-involvement in Kindred affairs. She had been under cover for so long...

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-11, 03:24 PM
Your automatic answer, followed by a sudden reversal basically ensured that he now believes you're a vampire. I don't know if that was the goal, but it worked well.
The creature snarls incoherently at you. Danielle is certain he's going to kill her.
But then Boar speaks, the voice echoing through the room, and the creature stops.
"Jackdaw, do not kill her. I sense that she has a part to play in events yet to unfold."
The beast growls some, and then moves to pick up your gun. After doing so, it slowly begins to shrink in size. When it's done, the creature is more man than beast, but still large and hairy. (Glabro form). This time he speaks once more, and it is much clearer than before, despite the lisp from his protruding fangs.
"Whats a Sabbat? And what attack? What are you talking about?"

NotScaryBats
2012-10-11, 07:11 PM
Flinching from the werewolf's violent mein, Danielle is on the verge of flight when Boar speaks.

"Jackdaw? It's a pleasure to meet you, Jackdaw. I am Danielle," Danielle introduces herself smoothly, recovering from the shock quickly. "To answer your question, the Sabbat are an organization of evil vampires - the Black Spirals of the Kindred community. They oppose the Camarilla, who are easier to work with and more civilized.

"I confess, I'm confused as to why you are here if you are unaware of the fact that this club was a Camarilla run establishment attacked by Sabbat vampires as the opening move of an invasion." She touches her lip with her index finger contemplatively. "May I have the gun back? They're not silver bullets, so you don't really have anything to fear from me."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-11, 09:22 PM
"Black spiral dancers..." He mutters... a confused look on his face.
Roll perception+empathy
"... I... I don't care what group of blood suckers you're with. A wyrm is always a wyrm, regardless of color. I'm here because you blood suckers know something about this place. Your kind keeps coming back here. You must be looking for something. What is it?"

"And no, you may not have the gun back. Getting shot hurts!"

NotScaryBats
2012-10-11, 09:51 PM
perception 3 empathy 0
[roll0]

The 'vampiress' frowns slightly, irritated that this Lupine was getting her Colt dirty with his hobo hands.

"Well, there are several answers to that question..." Danielle says, "first, may I ask how many others have come before me?

"Like I said, I am looking for clues about the Sabbat responsible for the attack. If I can find them, I will kill them. I was under the impression that a wraith was bound here - was that your pack, attacking from the Umbra?

"The little boy and athletic man who fist fought with you are acquaintances of mine, and they were looking for the same things I am."

Danielle looks closely at Boar, wondering just what it is doing here.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-11, 10:12 PM
You can tell that something is connecting in his mind about the black spiral dancers. As if he doesn't know who they are...
"Including you. I dunno. I have trouble tell you wyrms apart from non-wyrms. You don't even look like one..."

"As for the spirit, yeah there was one. He was angry. Me and Boar took care of him though."

"If you're friends with that little bastard, you best leave. I don't like him. He shot me. It hurt." He says, before wiping his nose on his arm. Some of the snot gets on your gun

NotScaryBats
2012-10-13, 12:59 PM
"Like I said, the two are acquaintances of mine - nothing more. Did the wraith tell you anything before you destroyed it? I believe it was bound here by a necromantic vampire, and confirmation of that would be helpful." Danielle avoids looking at her precious magnum - in this man's hands, it was only a matter of time before she got dirty and broke. The idea pained Danielle.

She turned to Boar, "Spirit. What is the purpose of guarding this place? Hunting vampires who come to check on it? You know a storm is coming, help me stop it."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-13, 09:35 PM
"Hey! You're talking to me. Not to Boar. Don't insult him with your tainted words" He snarls and pokes you with your own gun.
"And no, I didn't talk to it. But yes, I can tell you it was a soul that was tormented by wyrm magic."

NotScaryBats
2012-10-13, 11:09 PM
"Okay, okay," Danielle replies, resigned to buying a new weapon. "I think that's everything I needed to know, thanks for your cooperation. Did you have any questions for me, Jackdaw?" The woman says he werewolf's name slowly, arching an eyebrow

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-13, 11:17 PM
"What about the two women that broke in here the night before the big guy and the kid? were they your friends too?
What the hell are you blood suckers hiding about this place?
And why can't I find frank?" He mutters. It's not really apparent if he's talking to you, or himself....

NotScaryBats
2012-10-14, 11:49 AM
"Now that is interesting," Danielle muses, trying to puzzle out who that could have been. "I don't know who those two were, did you kill them, or just chase them off?" She steals a glance towards Boar, but probably can't read his stony, piggy countenance. Returning her gaze to the werewolf, she says, "Without getting into 'leech politics' which I'm sure you care nothing about, there's a turf war starting. Attacking this club, killing many Kindred, and binding that wraith here was the opening act. I don't want vampires fighting in the street, endangering the Masquerade - the Veil - and so I'm trying to look for clues here at the scene of the crime. Make sense? I imagine that's what the two women were doing as well, but I can't be sure. I hope you killed them before they messed anything up. Did you?" Danielle is getting tired of trying to make the thick Lupine understand the situation.

He stinks, and seems deranged, but at least he has given her some valuable information. If the werewolves are here in the city, too... Danielle continues to smile warmly at the dangerous hobo, hopefully disarming him with her charms sk he continues to feel talkative. Given his... situation... He very unlikely interacts with beautiful women with any regularity. Garou are allegedly a hot blooded race, but with his Totem spirit here, Danielle gambles that Jackdaw won't do anything too foolish.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-14, 12:51 PM
He shakes his head. "No, Jackdaw and Frank didn't kill them. Frank said not to... So we just watched them outside. Didn't know about the spirit until the second time, with the boy. Angry spirits are bad, mkay?" He suddenly gets a glazed look over his face, and then looks around rapidly. "You?... You should be leaving now. Thank Boar for me not ending you."

NotScaryBats
2012-10-14, 03:19 PM
"I thank both of you," Danielle says sincerely, giving a small, skirtless curtsey. "I don't suppose you'll let me keep the gun...?" she presses her luck, not wanting the beautiful piece of machinery to go to waste in the filthy Lupine"s hands.

Whether or not he gives it back to her, she thanks them again and leaves the establishment. She is on the lookout for a surprise attack all the way back to her vehicle.

If she is able to safely return home, the very tired Danielle gets home and quickly falls into a deep sleep. She has earned it <3

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-14, 08:10 PM
"Jackdaw doesn't like to be shot..." He mutters, and motions for the door. He keeps the gun pointed at you the entire time as you leave.

Danielle returns home safety, all things considered.

NotScaryBats
2012-10-17, 02:14 AM
Danielle protects her Haven every night with her Gift, Web Haven. (http://darkforcesmush.wikia.com/wiki/Gift:_Web_Haven)
She will shift to Crawlerlings Form, spin her Web, and it will warn her if anyone enters her home. Due to the form, it does not cost any Blood. Technically, she needs to make a Gnosis roll at diff 7, but I imagine I can just retry if I fail, since there is no cost, right?

NotScaryBats
2012-11-06, 11:23 PM
If you would like another link to my sheet, here it is. (http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/18349)

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-06, 11:36 PM
Yeah, that's much easier to find right now. Thanks.

And your contact replies "Three primogen. Lots of Tremere. Names are Vorrick, Teresa, and the new guy is Alan. Don't ever use last names. Don't know it."

We shall say she is a Torreador socialite.

NotScaryBats
2012-11-06, 11:43 PM
Isn't there only one Primogen per clan in a city? Is this an exception, or have I misunderstood?

I love Toreador Socialite -- that works perfectly.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-07, 12:09 AM
it is a exception to the rule yes, normally there is only one.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-17, 06:59 PM
As Danielle pulls into her parking garage, another car pulls in behind her. Almost as quickly as she can get out of her car, the car parks near. William and two thugs get out of the black sedan, and approach her rapidly in a way that she finds a bit intimidating.

"I meant to catch you back at the University campus Danielle, but Teresa delayed me. How did the investigation go?" William inquires, a subtle degree of anger in his voice.

NotScaryBats
2012-11-17, 07:28 PM
"Jesus, William - you scared me. If you had wanted me to report tonight, I would have gone straight there, but I had some fact-checking to do before making my formal presentation.

"I am now afraid of eavesdroppers and unsecured locations. Perhaps you would like to take me to the Tower, and I could answer as many of your questions as possible there?" Danielle brushes a brown lock of hair from her face, and stays on the lookout for trouble. She sizes up the Seneschal's thugs, looking for signs of nervousness or untrustworthiness. Finally, her gaze rests upon the man himself.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-17, 07:56 PM
He looks at you with a face that says he's calm, and professional. But professional like a mobster perhaps... "No, the tower would not be appropriate tonight. Come get in the car. I can assure you there are no bugs inside. We'll go for a quick... drive." He says, motioning towards their vehicle. She's not sure why, but Danielle has a severe sense that she is somehow being threatened. A natural fear inside warning her of danger.

One of the thugs goes and opens a door for you. Does Danielle go along for a ride? If so, does she bring her purse (Which contains the gun)?

NotScaryBats
2012-11-17, 09:30 PM
"Now, William, dear, what exactly are you hoping to hear? I need some time to get everything straight - unless you're looking for conjecture?" Danielle smiles sweetly, her cool eyes meeting the intimidating elder vanpire's. She thinks quickly, wondering what precisely has gotten into the Seneschal. "I assure you, I will be able to give you much more valuable information after a few hour's work."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-17, 09:44 PM
His eyes narrow, and his look clearly changes to annoyed "As you wish Ms. Anderson. You have 48 hours to get your facts straight. I will expect a report by then." He then turns, and gets into the back of the vehicle while his goons get in the front. Before closing the door, he stares at Danielle a moment. Perhaps sizing her up, or evaluating her sincerity.

When the vehicle drives off Danielle is finally able to breath a bit easier, that sense of impending danger dissipating.

NotScaryBats
2012-11-17, 11:28 PM
Danielle smiles to herself after the car drives off. What had gotten into him? He never asked her to report directly to him when she was done.

She shakes her head to clear it, then goes to her apartment, still on the lookout for trouble. Inspecting the door for signs of forced entry, Danielle slowly unlocks it and enters.

The first thing she does if there seems to be nothing amiss is explore the premises for a solid fifteen minutes, making sure nothing is out of place. She will also make herself a blended snack.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-17, 11:35 PM
Make a perception+security roll

NotScaryBats
2012-11-17, 11:44 PM
Security is not an Ability on my sheet. Does Streetwise work?
Per 3, SW 2
[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-18, 01:21 AM
Apparently werewolf uses investigation, which you have a 3 dots

[roll0]

Danielle doesn't find anything that shouldn't be there.

NotScaryBats
2012-11-18, 01:59 AM
Pleased to have secured the premises, Danielle fixes herself a shake and drinks it. She doesn't waste much time, though, having important matters to attend to.

The werespider strips off her clothing and enters her Sylie, where she meditates and prays to her Mother, her Totem, her Queen, Ananasa.

"I pray for your guidance, Mother of Spiders. I open my mind to you." Danielle tells Queen Ananasa of her investigation, highlighting the occult parts, and asks how to free the Nagah of the Assamite, how to hunt the Black Hand, and for any other lore her Queen would choose to impart upon her.

While meditating, Danielle has 7 Occult (!) and is hopefully privy to all kinds of occult information. If you want an Occult roll, [roll0]
add 3 for int if desired [roll1]
There is a Rank 2 Gift, Morphean Bite, that basically allows me to put a target to sleep with a bite, that I'd like to get (Ananasi get their Gifts from Queen Ananasa) if you're planning on handing out exp soon. I have 5 right now.
Finally, She sometimes simply advises Her children, so if there are any hints she'd drop about anything... O.O

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-18, 03:02 AM
If you want experience, I suppose that's fair. What has Danielle learned?

Danielle's queen imparts her with the following knowledge.
"The Nagah is a dangerous foe, but not in a straight up fight. It's strength lay in how it surprises it's enemies. As a superior being, you should have no trouble getting the jump on it."
"If you truly wish to free the Nagah from the blood bond, killing it or the Assimite are the only options. Helping your ally to complete his mission, even at the expense of his life, would be the most efficient way to go about doing this."

"You have found several leads to go on. The boy's credit cards, the phone, and perhaps a traitor to the Tremere. Following each of these things will lead you closer and closer. Patience is the key."

"Alternatively you could seek the aid of a mage. Their magic surpasses the Tremere's, and could easily find the Sabbat. However this path would lead you down a new road as you struggle to find a mage who can help you, and then you must convince them to do so."

"My final piece of advice is this: You are a spider. If you can, do not go to your prey, make them come to you. Make them aware of something they would want and wait for them to come to your trap."

NotScaryBats
2012-11-18, 09:09 PM
"My Queen is infinitely wise. I have learned much since the attacks started : first, that there is always a bigger spider. Hearing the Kine speak, you would think they are the most powerful force on the planet. The Kindred treat them like dogs. The Lupines think they can destroy all the Kindred at their convenience.

" It isn't just the macro systems, either. A rapist assaulted me in the parking garage, thinking me a human. To hear him gloat and hide behind his gun, it was clear he thought himself the top of the food chain. Within the Kindred society, each vampire tries to be more clever than the last. They love to talk and posture, they love to hear themselves speak, they love themselves. And they, too, think they rule the world.

"Second, and tied to the first, these conceited creatures all feel so mighty that they don't suspect a thing. It is easy to integrate with them.

"Third, and the most difficult to learn, sometimes there is a simple solution. I confess I get caught up in the vampire lifestyle, and feel everything must be done with Disciplines. I shall try to stay truer to myself, and to You.

"Thank you for your counsel, Mother." Danielle finishes her prayers to the Queen of Spiders, and stays a moment, enjoying a rare opportunity to simply be Ananasi. A thought occurs to her - could a Weaver Spirit of cell phones track down the mysterious call from the broken phone?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-19, 03:39 AM
6 xp for danielle

NotScaryBats
2012-12-08, 03:17 AM
Danielle is going to play it as safe as possible. She will find a secluded place a mile or two from her destination, and park her car. She'll then Shift to Crawlerlings, Step Sideways, and travel in the Umbra to the location she is looking for. She will then be using the 'peak Sideways' rules from the Werewolf Book to look inside the building and explore -- all from the very discrete form of a thousand Pacific Northwest spiders.

if my reading is correct, I can 'peak' from Umbra to Physical, though I am unaware of my Umbral surrounding while I do so.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-08, 03:36 AM
Whats the page number on peaking through the umbra?

Also, I assume I would need two gnosis rolls, but it shouldn't be terribly hard for Danielle.

And a perception+alertness for good measure.

NotScaryBats
2012-12-08, 03:55 AM
Peeking is pg 233-234 of my copy (Revised Edition).

Gnosis to Step Sideways (remember, as Ananasi, I find it easier to go Umbral when the Web is strongest) [roll0] cursed Homid 1 gnosis starting BS...

Per+Alert [roll1]

Gnosis Roll to Peek assuming everyhitng else checks out [roll2]

Ho hum, hopin for good rolls, but when are we not?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-08, 04:49 AM
For the record, I'm on the fence about peaking for ananasi, simply because of how they cross gauntlet seems hard to 'peak'. That being said, it's currently irrelevant.

Danielle drives down to the industrial part of town, and there she see's factories upon factories. The taint of the wyrm is strong here from the pollution, and she feels it when she finally crosses over into the umbra.

The place she has traced the call to is a large warehouse building, and as far as she can tell from outside the lights are not on inside. Danielle steps sideways, noticing the sticky blackened web that she must cross. She manages however.

In the umbra, this place is not anything she wouldn't expect. The presence of spiders is hear, however there are not many. The webbing around all the buildings seem strong and well secured, as if it has been long reinforced.

Going inside, there is literally nothing of interest on the umbra side other than spider webbing everywhere. When she finally peaks through, she can immediately tell notice a desk in a corner, with a laptop computer sitting ontop of it. A screen saver of a bouncing question mark is the only source of light in the place. From what she can make out, the place looks like a deserted factory otherwise. Random wooden skids and old machinery are skattered about the place with indication of order. Several light switches can be made out near the front door as well.

NotScaryBats
2012-12-08, 05:08 AM
A laptop. Fascinating. The Ananasi attempts to cross over to the Physical World to better investigate the computer, now that she is certain the area is devoid of all life and unlife.

[roll0] Gnosis Roll.

I will not turn on the lights, and not shift back yet, but will investigate the computer.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-08, 01:43 PM
The computer seems to be hooked up to several cords that go into the wall and the desk. When Danielle touches the computer, it immediately asks a password.
Surrounding the area of the desk is various empty filing cabinets and wooden crates.

NotScaryBats
2012-12-08, 08:39 PM
Hundreds of glittering spider eyes stare at the screen for a moment, before the mass of arachnids once again sets itself in motion. several groups search the cabinets and nooks and crannies of the room for another few minutes, while Danielle's main intellect focuses on the password.

is there some enigma / computer roll iI can make to hack in?
[roll0] just in case there is...

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-09, 12:38 AM
Danielle types as best she can, using multiple spiders to press down keys. But it becomes apparent that hacking in crawlering form is just too hard, as she is unable to crack the password.

NotScaryBats
2012-12-09, 02:17 AM
The laptop continues to ask for the password.

A password must exist.

We will try to find it.

We must find it.

There must be an answer.

Danielle shifts to Pithus, the mass of spiders coalescing into a giant, five foot tall arachnid. Her many limbs should be capable of the fine manipulation required to operate a computer, since they are dextrous enough to handle spinning a web.

Pithus okay for computer use? I imagine a giant spider with a pizza slice in one hand, typing with its pedipalps, wearing a stained white t-shirt with some nerdy slogan on it... I bet there is such a picture in a White Wolf book, lol

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-12, 04:14 AM
Now in a form that manipulating a computer is easy, Danielle once again tries to hack the computer.

[roll0]

The password is 'password'? That can't be right.

Once the computer starts up, many programs immediately begin starting up. Among them being skype.

NotScaryBats
2012-12-12, 05:09 AM
Eight eyes cast around for a webcamera while the werespider attempts to gain control of the system, keeping the webchat program from logging if she can.

You may roll for me again if you want a roll here, but basically she is trying to ctrl+alt+del or something (I don't have more than 1 dot of computers, IRL) to freeze everything up so there is no broadcast made. then, she'll slowly look through the programs and whatnot to find out what the computer can teach her.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-12, 05:33 AM
Sure enough, she notices that a camera is built into the laptop. Although with virtually no lighting, it shouldn't pick much up based on normal laptop cameras.

getting to work, she tries to stop all the programs from running.
[roll0]
Doing her best, she is unable to get it to do anything. The program keep running, without any input from her.

[roll1]
It occurs to Danielle for a brief second that the only way to stop this thing is to smash it, but it's a little too late however. Skype automatically connects to a contact by the name of 'Admiral Ackbar'. Sure enough, it connects using the camera, and Danielle can see a dim outline of herself on the screen.

The other person's camera seems to have been blacked out, as you don't see anything. After a moment she hears a garbled voice saying "That was very impressive, you didn't even set off any of the perimeter sen- AGGH!!!"

NotScaryBats
2012-12-12, 09:34 PM
A pedipalp shoots out and covers the camera lens quickly. Typing like she was born to do so in this form:

Your security is as lacking as the university's.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-13, 05:34 PM
There is a LONG pause before there is a response. It is typed as well.

Very true. But it wasn't set up for one such as yourself. Of course our greatest defense tends to be anonymity. When that fails we tend to be most vulnerable.

NotScaryBats
2012-12-13, 06:23 PM
Am I going to be able to take the computer with me into the Umbra? As a Crawlerling, I literally crawl along the Great Web, but whether or not I can carry stuff with me...

Anyway, I'd like to get a Weaver spirit to help me track down this signal that is going from one computer to the other -- I assume there is a spiritual analogue, like strands of the Web or something that can be tracked? Hopefully, Danielle knows enough about these things to do that.

If I think I can accomplish this, I will disconnect the call and take the computer with me back through the Gauntlet.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-13, 07:38 PM
[roll0]

And the pounds of tiny spiders attempt to carry tech into the umbra... But find they have left the laptop in the physical world once they reach the umbra.

NotScaryBats
2012-12-13, 07:51 PM
Not one to cry over spilt milk, Danielle sets out to find a suitable Weaver spirit that may be capable of tracking the Skype call to its source.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-15, 12:41 PM
It is a city. You have found a pattern spider. It seems to be repairing wyrm corrupted webbing.

NotScaryBats
2012-12-15, 01:18 PM
Approaching in Pithus form so as to resemble a Weaver Spirit herself, Danielle makes a query in the language of Spiders.

"Query=follow Web from node to node
Assistance=requested"

She does her best to get the creature's aid.
Man+Sub? [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-15, 06:57 PM
[roll0]
The spider clearly mistakes danielle as fellow pattern spider, and follows her.

NotScaryBats
2012-12-15, 11:44 PM
Danielle brings the spider to the laptop, if she can.

"Query=Follow the connection that was made from current anchor point?"

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-16, 02:25 PM
It studies the surroundings for a moment before replying "Unable to comply. Connection terminated."

NotScaryBats
2012-12-16, 06:02 PM
Eight eyes glare at the nfernal laptop.

Query=If connection is reestablished, can a trace be made?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-16, 06:47 PM
"Error 404. Not enough Data."

How does she glare at the laptop? It's in the physical world and she has to be in crawlering form to peak?

NotScaryBats
2012-12-16, 08:44 PM
Sorry, it isn't leaving a 'ghost' in the umbra? She could just glare at the spot where it would be...

"Attempt One to reestablish connection."j Danielle says, shifting and stepping sideways to interact with the computer.

[roll0] shift

[roll1] gnosis

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-16, 09:48 PM
The umbra world is, in my opinion, the worst written part of werewolf. But my understanding is that technology rarely has a spiritual version. So cities aren't filled with cars. Buildings have very little in them, and often whole floors are missing. It's an odd thing...

A lingering magic resides in the air, and as Danielle begins to change she is somehow caught in it's energies. The magic interacts with her body, causing pain to flare throughout her body. Flailing about, Danielle falls to the ground in agony, taking two lethal points of damage.

When the pain finally stops, she finds herself stuck in Pithus temporarily. Until the end of the scene, she can't change back. Some lingering effect of magic still inside her.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-19, 10:44 PM
The pattern spider pokes Danielle. "[Query=Do you require repair?]"

NotScaryBats
2012-12-20, 04:06 AM
Danielle hisses and chitters, the pain surprising her. After a moment, she recovers enough to say, "Wyrm Corruption detected. Alternate route is imperative."

Her wounds heal as she spends vitae to repair herself. 'What can I do from the Umbra?' she thinks.

spend 2 bp to recover, putting me at 7

This is kinda neat, being stuck in the umbra, but my brain is frazzled -- I can't think of anything to do... I will come back to this, just wanted to check in and show I didn't go awol <3

NotScaryBats
2013-01-03, 02:23 AM
Danielle has painted herself into a corner. Clearly, the werespider has much to learn about her chosen profession of Sabbat-hunter.

Not only has she alerted the enemy to her presence, but she gained seemingly nothing out of it. Amateur.

Now, here she sits in the Umbra, with a Pattern Spider that is even worse at conversation than Matthew.

Frustrated with herself for not being able to straddle the Gauntlet as well as she thought, and frustrated at the Sabbat assassins for making hunting them so frustrating -- and frustrated for being frustrated -- Danielle hisses.

"Wyrm presence is too strong -- connection cannot be made. Assistance is no longer required. Resume duties." She deadpans.

Clicking her chelicerae in contemplation for a few more moments fails to help her, and Danielle gives up. She returns to her car feeling impotent.

... perhaps -- just perhaps -- this little adventure taught the Sabbat to fear their hunter that could evade their traps and disappear without a trace. All too likely, she merely tipped her hand for no reason, however.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-03, 09:07 PM
The spider nods and return to the duties it was already preforming.

Once Danielle manages to get herself back into the physical world, what does she do? Leave? Retrieve the Lap top?

NotScaryBats
2013-01-05, 12:20 AM
Danielle wants to get close to the place and hide, waiting for about an hour to see if anyone(thing) comes to investigate her activation of the laptop. She will hide along an adjacent building in Crawlerling form if she can do so.

I forget -- is the Seneschal's deadline for her report tonight or tomorrow? I thought it was tomorrow.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-05, 01:14 AM
Danielle watches the warehouse carefully for an hour. Either it takes them a long time to get there, or they don't care because no one arrives.

As she waits, she is reminded the Seneschal gave her 48 hours to report, and that was slightly over 24 hours ago.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-05, 01:48 AM
Convinced the Sabbat are not coming, Danielle attempts to once again infiltrate the building and make off with the computer -- without turning it on, this time <3

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-05, 01:58 AM
Via entering the building or via the umbra?

NotScaryBats
2013-01-05, 02:19 AM
Done with the umbra for now, Danielle attempts to gain access via the physical world.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-05, 06:25 PM
The front door appears to be locked. Is she in Homid form now? or still Pithus?

NotScaryBats
2013-01-05, 07:24 PM
She had been observing from Crawlerling, and would like to continue to be in that form. It should make access to the building easier that way.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-06, 02:25 AM
Getting in is certainly easier... She is in and has the laptop. Leaving with the laptop will be harder, since manipulating the door is impossible in crawlering form.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-06, 08:22 AM
Danielle discretely shifts back to Homid. She has already swept the room and doesn't believe there to be any sensors, cameras, or other devices to capture her presence, so feels the risk is worth it. She tries to move quickly and get the computer out of there without tripping any 'defenses' the man on the call said he had placed.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-09, 02:19 AM
[roll0]

Picking up the laptop, Danielle immediately feels something she had not sensed when she used it before. Within the computer is some kind of magic, and not spirit magic. She can sense certain similarities to weaver/wyrm magic. Most likely some kind of vampiric power.

Carefully tucking the laptop under her arm, she turns back to the door which she suspects is trapped. Sure enough, she finds two trip wires and a electronic catch on the door. Easily disabling them, she exits the building and returns to her car. She then realizes how late it has become, as she see's the sun coming up on the horizon. Thankfully that won't kill her.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-09, 02:32 AM
"Damn leeches." Danielle curses, but is immensely pleased with herself; she has the laptop. Now, to return to her lair and plumb its secrets.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-09, 03:46 AM
She returns to her lair, giddy with excitement. However the emotion dies down somewhat as she realizes the magic inside this laptop, whatever it does, seems to be preventing anyone from using it. (Or at least Danielle). As such, it's just a paper weight at the moment.

In addition, she finds she has a email from her Camarilla contact. Not the following night (the night your report is due), but the night following there is a very early evening event that has been planned last minute. It's down town, and she insists that everyone is supposed to be there by 9pm.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-11, 06:24 PM
Immediately thinking that the party at 9 would be a perfect target for Sabbat assault, Danielle resolves to warn the Prince about the eventuality. Of course, that will likely be a needless precaution, as he certainly already thought of that.

Danielle sighs, looking once more at the computer. She taps her finger against her lips.

A few moments pass, and the rising sun shakes her from her thoughts.

The Ananasi carefully goes about her daily routine, stripping, setting her clothes to wash, getting her outfit for tomorrow ready, shifting to Crawlerling form and spinning her ethereal webs, and resting quietly in her Sylie. As the werespider reclines are her webs, she tries to think of more plans, but is too tired, and drifts off to sleep.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-12, 07:08 AM
The day comes and goes uneventfully. Danielle awakes with one less blood point, a laptop guarded with magic that needs to be cracked, and a soon to be pressing deadline with the Seneschal.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-12, 01:14 PM
Danielle, before she gets ready for the night, decides to take a solid crack at the computer for half an hour. Assuming she gets nowhere, she'll try to shelf it for now, and focus on compiling her notes for the Prince and Seneschal. What does she know?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-12, 05:39 PM
Intelligence+politics+2 for your contact [roll0]

William Duphrene is the name he is known by in Chicago, and he is the prince's right hand man. He is one of the longest running Seneschal, because he isn't competing for power like most Seneschals do in other cities. Instead he has accepted his role as second in command, and micro manages the city. Supposedly the prince trusts him completely, and the two have run Chicago since the beginning of the city.

He comes off very clean and well spoken, and often says very well underlined threats. But at the same time, he isn't unknown to make direct threats either. He is rumored to get violent when necessary, and is not someone you wish to make angry. Your contact has also informed you he is rumored to be Toreador, but it's not something that he tries to broadcast. He is also rumored to be an excellent boxer, and enjoys watching boxing matches.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-13, 05:20 AM
Probably a good thing she stayed out of his car a few nights ago, then.

Danielle dusts her hands off unnecessarily and stands up. She hasn't cracked the laptop yet, but she has some interesting tidbits to give her superiors. The outfit she had picked last night is atrocious - utterly unfit for the evening's work. It takes her an hour, but after some work, Danielle is dressed and made up appropriately, with a dark jacket and skirt, simple blouse, and business heels. More professional than the dress she wore to the last meeting, Danielle hopes to send the message that she is working diligently.

She packs her things, takes her magnum (which she will leave in the car) and makes her way to the tower and her destiny.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-13, 09:03 PM
The guard on the first floor stops Danielle, asking her business. What does she tell him?

NotScaryBats
2013-01-14, 05:35 AM
"I have an appointment. Danielle Anderson," the vampiress says self-importantly.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-14, 02:34 PM
"Hmm, your name is not on the list. Let me call it up."
The security guard gets on the phone and seems to be trying to verify if you have permission. When he gets off, he turns back to her with a serious look.
"It appears your meeting is not at this location. I'm told the boss is sending a car around to have you picked up."

If Danielle steps outside, after only a moment she see's a Limo slowly pulling up.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-14, 10:57 PM
"... Fair enough," Danielle says smoothly. Damn guy wants to talk in the car, guess we're going to talk in the car.

Assuming the door is opened for her, Danielle gracefully enters the vehicle.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-15, 01:47 PM
The driver does indeed get out of the car and open the door for Danielle. To her surprise, there is no one inside. The driver notices your confusion, and answers before you can ask. "William is busy tonight preparing the meeting for tomorrow. He called and ordered I take you to his location. We won't take long to get there ma'am."

NotScaryBats
2013-01-15, 07:59 PM
Danielle nods her head, seating herself and quietly contemplating her evening. The Prince wasn't going to be seeing her? Just William? And would he request her aid in the preparations? Curiouser and curiouser.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-15, 08:44 PM
The limo arrives at the Hotel where the meeting/party is taking place tomorrow. William appears to be standing outside with a flock of people, and he seems to be yelling at every single one of them. As the limo pulls up, he opens the door before the driver even has it in park. "...And if that video feed isn't fixed by the time I get back, heads will roll. Do I make myself clear?" He barks at one man.

Getting in, he slams the door and puts the window to the driver down for a moment. "Just circle the area for a while. I have to come back here eventually." He then puts the window up. Sighing he reaches into the compartment to make himself a drink. Finally, he looks at you with a look of frustration. Without offering a drink, he says "Do you even work with the muscle and the assassin? You never bring them with. Is that just how you demonstrate you're in charge of the group?"

NotScaryBats
2013-01-15, 11:07 PM
"Erik is on a special mission, and Matthew can be quite oblique," Danielle says with a smile. She would drink a White Russian if it were offered, but is not about to request one (since cream and vodka are unusual ingredients to keep in a limousine refrigerator).

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-15, 11:54 PM
Dropping some blood (which was in the cooler) into his scotch, William looks up and studies Danielle for a moment. She couldn't guess why, but she senses he's certainly in a bad mood. And then unexpectedly, he laughs. "You sent him on a special mission? Did you black mail him or does he actually listen to you?"

NotScaryBats
2013-01-16, 12:26 AM
"I don't want to falsely represent myself -- he sent himself on a mission. He is certain that he can find and kill one of the lynchpins in the Sabbat offensive. I'm not so sure, but agreed that if he could find anything it would be beneficial to the defense of Chicago. The boy vampire doesn't strike me as impulsive or foolish, so I believe he can be counted upon not to jump into a situation he can't handle," Danielle speaks openly, one hand free, and the other resting upon her crossed legs.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-16, 02:27 AM
"Ah, I see. Yes, that does sound more like Erik." Taking a long drink, he turns to business. "Well then, you've had your forty eight hours. What's your report?"

NotScaryBats
2013-01-18, 11:29 PM
This was what she had been waiting for. Danielle clears her throat, centers her thoughts, and begins to speak.

"The first attack on the club was a quick hit and run, but with a few peculiarities I believe you are aware of. First, a kindred that didn't show up on video used a sword to decapitate its victims -- while the rest used assault rifles. Second, that a wraith was bound to the scene -- ostensibly that was the unusual ritual we saw at the end of the video, but I am not well-versed enough in Necromancy to say that for certain.

"A Lupine was guarding the alley behind the club, and told me that three separate groups entered after the attack: an unknown woman who I could not identify, Erik and Matthew, who fought both the wraith and Lupine then fled, and myself. Between my arrival and my assistants' the Lupine claimed to have dealt with the spirit, but I can neither confirm or deny this. After some... persuasion... the Lupine told me he was 'looking after the place because it seemed so important to the Leeches.' I couldn't get anything more concrete out of him.

"The second attack was more well-equipped. The assailants used incendiary rounds, on the first floor, and had access to an Assamite poison powerful enough to effect Kindred. Effected bodies were preserved; though they met Final Death, their bodies did not dissolve to ash.

"Erik claimed to know of an Assamite with access to such a toxin, and is tracking her down now.

"I followed some leads from the scene and was lead to this computer, but have been unable to pierce the supernatural protection on it yet. Have you seen anything like this before?" Danielle produces the laptop from her bag, and offers it to her superior for his perusal if he seems interested.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-19, 01:02 AM
William for the most part, listens carefully. He only interrupts once. "There was a lupine hanging around the club? Dressed as a hobo no doubt. Why wasn't I informed of this when you first found out? A lupine who stays in one spot is a vulnerable target. We could have eliminated the problem if you had not withheld this information!" He growls, with his anger showing in the last sentence.

After the report is over, he bends over and looks closely at the laptop without ever touching it. After taking a good look, he takes a drink and says "Seen it first hand? No, but I can tell you what it is. It's called technomancy. A mage is responsible. Which means you most likely have something that doesn't belong to the Sabbat. A mage would never work with the Sabbat."

NotScaryBats
2013-01-19, 04:23 PM
"Interesting. There was a military-type satellite phone at the second scene. It looked like it had been dropped during the fighting, I traced its last call to a warehouse on the outskirts of town. The laptop had been set up there, with some traps to catch whoever was investigating. If that wasn't the Sabbat trying to uncover who was looking into their activity, that adds another layer to the issue.

"Also, the getaway car from the first scene belongs to one of the members of the group, a newly Embraced Childe named Greg Falsmot. He described a woman who seduced and Embraced him, and she could be the Lasombra from the bar scene."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-19, 04:47 PM
William strokes his beard for a moment as he thinks. "Interesting. Give me his name and address. I'll see to it that my FBI contacts track him with his credit cards and cell phone. That's how we'll find them."

"As for the laptop, you're rumored to have a contact for everything. But on the off chance you don't have a mage among them, there is a Nosferatu that I've been told dabbles in Tecnomancy. I'm not entirely sure how that's possible, but if you want to seek him out he lives in the sewers under [Location TBD]." Finishing his drink, he asks "Is that everything?"

NotScaryBats
2013-01-24, 12:37 AM
"I believe so, Seneschal. I will continue my investigation, and seek out this Nosferatu Mage," the vampiress says formally.

Danielle mulls over some things in her head. The party seems too obvious a target, but perhaps that's the idea: prove to the Kindred of Chicago that the Prince will not be cowed by some attacks...

At any rate, she thinks she's reported all she knows at this time.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-24, 01:24 AM
He puts the driver window down and orders him back to the Hotel. After putting it up, he turns back to Danielle. "There is one more thing. A bit of a odd question, but please answer truthfully. Would you please tell me about yourself?"
William looks upon Danielle oddly suspicious. Perhaps hoping to detect a lie from her.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-25, 02:36 AM
Danielle is a bit surprised at the question, but is smooth enough to turn it into a charming 'oh, little old me?' with a flutter of her eyelashes and a casual hand gesture. "I didn't like this city at first -- hated it really. The air stinks, its windy, dry, the accent is atrocious, and the men ... But, I must confess, the Kindred here are preferable to The Coast. You know I am from Seattle, and you also know that I find the Sabbat gloomy, crude, and reprehensible. That's why I left, its why I came here, and its why you came to me to uncover their plot. I know these people, and though this Assamite business is unusual, the core tactic is not. Our Camarilla will triumph."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-25, 04:07 AM
"So you came after the Sabbat took the city then? How long have you lived here then? Why Chicago and not a smaller town?" He says, as if he were a reporter doing a article on her.

"And for the record, I didn't choose to come to you. Until Alexander invited you to the party, I had never heard of Danielle Anderson. A Catiff who no one ever heard of before Chicago..."

NotScaryBats
2013-01-25, 05:00 AM
"Oh, I hadn't realized it was Alexander who decided to include me..." Danielle muses. "A small town is no good for a girl like me -- you understand." She laughs lightly.

Taking a moment to think about it, Danielle continues, "I suppose I've been here in Chicago for about five years, now."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-25, 06:15 AM
"Yes, you must have done something at some point to catch his eye. I would say it's your good looks, but he stopped being the womanizer in the 40's. No... I'm sure it's something else. The file on you, he's classified it so only he can see it. I can't access it, can you imagine that? To my knowledge, he hasn't kept anything from me in a century. It's quite... distressing." He finishes his drink, so that his information can set in. "Any idea what that file might contain? I bet you do. Whatever dark little secret you have, he knows." He says with a bit of a sadistic smirk. "Of course I didn't expect you to tell me. But I thought you should know. Don't try to F*** us! It will not end well for you."

At this point the car pulls up to the hotel once more. Once the drive opens the door, William steps out still giving a cold stare at Danielle. "I imagine I will see you tommorrow night Ms. Anderson. My driver will take you back to your car. Thanks for this delightful meeting." With that, he slams the door.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-27, 04:06 AM
Is danielle doing anything else for the night?

NotScaryBats
2013-01-27, 04:32 AM
After he slams the door, Danielle can't help but feel tickled at the elder vampire's clear frustration.

She thinks about her evening, and if time goes to feed. While deciding whether or not to grab a bite to eat, Danielle messages Matthew:

"Still alive. Any news on your end?"

She also considers going to the sewers, and how much time she has before dawn.

There just is never enough time in a night...

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-27, 04:52 AM
The call goes straight to voice mail. He must be further ahead in the timeline than you, and the temporal distortion made him not get your message.

Looking at her watch, it isn't quite midnight. Plenty of time to explore a sewer.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-27, 05:09 AM
lol

To the sewer, then! What is the easiest access point?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-27, 05:17 AM
Using the directions William gave you, it leads you to a manhole cover nearby the location. The manhole appears to be unusually loose. Looking down, getting in the sewer seems pretty straight forward. But looking down at the filth and contemplating how she doesn't want to get that on her, it does occur to her that one of her contacts might have a cleaner point of access if she really cares.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-28, 12:34 PM
Danielle is surprisingly startled by a wheezing cough coming from behind her. "Pardon me miss, but ladies like you should probably stay out of sewers. If you dropped something down there I can fetch it for you for... twenty dollars?" When she looks, she see's a hooded figure who is hunched over and has a sickly posture. She cannot make out his face however. He stands about 10-15 feet away from her. He must have moved closer when she was mentally debating going into the sewers.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-28, 08:09 PM
"Thanks, but I think I have it under control, " Danielle says quietly. She looks at the odd man, weighing whether or not he could be the nosferatu she's looking for.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-29, 04:25 AM
"Of course you do." He says, shaking his head.

"I'll leave you to it, then." He adds, keeping his face turned from her. Slowly he begins moving out of the alley, clearly not wanting any trouble.

After a few steps, he pauses as if something has crossed his mind. He turns slightly, as if reluctant to speak. "Say lady, every hear about Thaumaturgy?"

NotScaryBats
2013-01-29, 04:29 AM
"Of course -- you live here?" Danielle replies glibly, a small smile on her face.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-29, 01:05 PM
"Yeah, my own little slice of heaven's down there. Can I pass, or are you going to want to take a look at the ugly guy just minding his own business?"The man says, sounding abit cranky. He seems to have stopped his leave and turned around, still standing in the shadows brooding.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-29, 01:32 PM
"I have a question or two for you, if you have the time," Danielle says invitingly. "It's... sort of about Thaumaturgy. We can discuss it where its more private if you'd like."

I have a Gift called Groom. It makes it so I "never take penalties to Appearance" from being dirty or whatever. So, I can traipse through the sewers and though I'll wrack up a dry cleaning bill, I'll still look great, like I meant to do that.

lol rank 1 gifts are kinda worthless compared to spheres and disciplines.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-29, 10:55 PM
"Of course my dear, but if that's the case, maybe my place would be best." He says and begins walking towards Danielle and the manhole. Either he's decided to help you, or he's planning to get you alone for nefarious reasons. "I know the way."

As he gets closer, Danielle is able to make out part of his face. The disfigurement is a clear indication he's a nosferatu. Unless stopped, he begins to climb down the ladder.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-30, 01:31 AM
Danielle follows the man down the manhole, thinking he's probably the one she came to see anyway.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-30, 01:03 PM
As they walk, the man makes the first move to have a conversation. "So... do you always wear such a nice dress down to the sewers?"He says while contintiously looking back and forth between where he's going and Danielle. Clearly he's worried she's going to try something. "We can start talking while we walk if you want."

The next time she reports to her totem, make a charisma+expression check.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-30, 02:22 PM
"Yes, usually. The dry cleaning bill is atrocious, but I find the effect is dramatic enough to warrant a little expense," Danielle jokes in a friendly voice. She keeps up with the Nosferatu, and seems none the worse for wear even in the sewers of Chicago.

"I have a few questions about Technomancy, and was told you are the man to come to -- is this true?"

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-30, 07:16 PM
He stops in his track. Dead cold. His voice is heavy.

"Guess there's no such thing as a secret. Who are you, who told you, and do the Tremere know?"

He doesn't even turn to look Danielle in the eyes. His body language very much reminds Danielle of a cornered animal.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-30, 07:47 PM
"Hey, it's not like that," Danielle coos smoothly, "but let's just trade some info. I'll tell you what you want to know about how 'out' your secret is, and you help me access this laptop. Sound like a trade?"

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-01, 08:40 PM
The nosferatu pulls the hood of his sweatshirt off, revealing browned skin, much like a mummy left out in the sun. His ears were gone, and as he spoke Danielle could see the fangs in his mouth not too far different from an angler fish. "That doesn't tell me anything sweetheart. Why don't we at least start with who you are? I take it you have a name?"

NotScaryBats
2013-02-01, 10:32 PM
"My, how rude of me. I am Danielle Anderson, it is a pleasure to meet you," Danielle smiles professionally and meets the vampire's gaze. "but like I said:I'm here to do business."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-02, 11:10 PM
He chuckles and shakes his head. "I try to make my business my pleasure. Makes an eternity seem all right." He stretches his arms out, letting some of the stress off his shoulders. "All right, you got me. Playing with the internet I stumbled upon something I shouldn't have. Wasn't like I was I hacking into a Tremere chantry, just followed the paths and it led me there. So tell me about this laptop? Why do you need me to take a look at it?"

NotScaryBats
2013-02-03, 12:26 AM
"At this point, its just hunches. All I can say for sure is someone doesn't want me looking at it," Danielle grins conspiratorially, "and that just makes me want it so bad." She affects a bit more emotion and a touch of innuendo into the end of her sentence.

Man + Sub [roll0] -2 diff if he's attracted to me <3
Dunno if the roll's necessary, but I kinda felt like rolling lol

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-03, 02:15 AM
He laughs with her comment, shaking his head again.

"All right beautiful." He says, coming to a stop. "It's not entirely safe for non-Nosferatu to come any closer. We could keep going, but it would mean I'd owe a small favor to every sewer rat we pass by."
Looking around longingly for a moment, he leans awkwardly against the sewer wall, his hands dug into his pockets like a lost teenager. "Talk to me Miss Danielle Anderson. I can only help with as much as I know. So what can you tell me about the computer? Where's it at? Who owns it? Or are you one of those types who wants me to meet you at a time and place only to meet you at another time and place, then finally get the job."
He smiles slightly, though it does little to help his appearance.

It appears like he's taking the bait. So yes.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-03, 02:41 AM
I assumed I had my bag, with the laptop inside of it, since I came right here from the Seneschal (who I showed it to)

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-03, 03:03 AM
You did indeed, but I don't believe you ever said you pulled it. So he hasn't seen it yet.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-03, 04:36 AM
"I have it right here. Is this a safe place to show you, or will we be interrupted?"

If he thinks its okay to bring it out now, Danielle shows it to him.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-03, 12:56 PM
He gives a low whistle of being impressed. "Looks like you've already done all the prep work." rubbing his hand across his forehead briefly, he appears to be thinking "Looks like I'll be owing a few favors. Let's keep moving." He says, starting to walk again. "I won't bore you with computer jargon. Long story short if that computer has any decent security I'll need my tools to work on it. Now, I hate to play hard ball with a pretty lady like yourself, but I can't let the world think I'm too soft. Checking a computer for a little information is one thing, letting you come along for the ride, and not asking too many questions I think is a little more than one piece of information."

NotScaryBats
2013-02-03, 04:45 PM
"Fair enough," Danielle begins, "would you like me to... Owe you a favor, or did you have something specific in mind?"

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-05, 02:03 PM
He rubs his chin for a moment, considering your words. "Well... I try to be accommodating to the client. Some have more money than they know what to do with, others have a few new pieces of hardware they don't know how to make the most of, and of course I wouldn't be much of a Nosferatu without a secret or two. Watch your head right here."

At this point, the sewer passage is getting even darker. The nosferatu leans forward to avoid hitting his head on a pipe."Really need to do something about that pipe. Anyways, I consider myself a pretty simple guy Miss Anderson. Anything to make my unlife a little easier, a little safer is what I look for."

NotScaryBats
2013-02-05, 04:26 PM
Danielle keeps up with her guide, thinking a moment about what would make his unlike easier. "I'd step lightly around the Tremere for awhile. After the University Attack, their Primogen assured me they intend to implement much stronger defenses. If you've been able to slip under their radar before, be very careful from here out,"

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-06, 01:33 PM
"Sounds like a challenge, more the a warning" It sounds as if his mood is slowly improving, and letting a little humor slip. "So you're a big shot then, talking to the Tremere Primogen? Only Primogen I've talked to is my own."

At this point it seems like you're really deep in the sewer. For a moment it occurs to danielle that they probably should have seen some more Nosferatu by now, but then she realizes they probably wouldn't after all. Obfuscate and what not.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-06, 03:25 PM
"I like your style," Danielle laughs easily along with the Nosferatu. She smiles, looking around at the sewer they find themselves in. If they've stopped, she asks "Is this the place?"

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-06, 09:41 PM
"This is the place." He puts a key into a metal door, and opens it with a loud squeal. It appears to be a small service area turned into personal quarters. A few semi-automatic weapons hang on the wall, somewhat out of place. The far corner is filled with several hard drives linked together, and a pair of monitors. Next to it sits the bed, a plain, dusty, thin mattress atop a spring frame.

"All right, if you want to put the computer on the table, I'll get things set up. Now... I know you have your secrets, and the less I know, the better in the long run, but do you have any guesses to safeguards I might come across?" He says, looking at Danielle and waiting for the computer.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-06, 10:47 PM
Danielle sets the laptop down, and says, "it won't respond to me at all since I took it -- from the place I got it. Before I disconnected the thing, it auto-booted, launched Skype, and connected to a guy with the handle "Admiral Ackbar." None of that made it seem magick, but I showed it to a Kindred with Auspex, and he told me it was technomancy."

Danielle has a couple dots of computers, so she can tech speak with the guy pretty well. I, however, have .5 dots, and may have sounded n00bish with that explanation

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-06, 11:55 PM
He works tirelessly for about an hour. After he finishes with it, he shakes his head. "There's not much to this computer. Skype, a camera, some pictures, and a tracking device. You took this from a pretty serious fellow. Nothing but business here." He gave her a stern look. "This wasn't technomancy. It's different, and the only other supernatural I've heard of with their own magic are the mortal wizards, or whatever they call themselves. They're one of the groups you don't mess with. Let them die of old age, and try to not to eat a fireball."

Leaning back, he adds "My best advice to you is to let them take it apart, bust it up, and we'll throw the parts into the sewage. I can download the pictures for you, but the rest of this machine is a walking liability."

Hey, you can figure out out to take a screen shot of rolld20 for the Vecna game map. I Think that counts as one dot in the very least.:smallwink:

NotScaryBats
2013-02-07, 04:11 AM
"Fascinating. Less than I was hoping for, but fascinating nonetheless. I will take those pictures, of course, and agree that destroying the computer is in everyone's best interests. Perhaps a little something more for your troubles?" Danielle offers the Nosferatu 4 $50 bills.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-11, 07:58 PM
He downloads the pictures onto a usb drive and makes sure that the files are clean. Before he hands it to her, he intentionally keeps his hand back. "First things first. I need to know how you found out about my hobby. As pleasant as this evening has been, this is a matter of self preservation. Having someone telling beautiful kindred my secrets the opposite or making my existence easier."

NotScaryBats
2013-02-11, 08:07 PM
"Certainly. It was the Seneschal who told me to seek you out, and where to find you," Danielle replies glibly.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-12, 12:23 AM
"William." He says before letting out a chuckle.

"Scary man, that one. I suppose if our esteemed elders weren't so frightening, more of us would be flocking towards the Anarchs."
"All right then, I think that concludes our business. I think I should walk you out though. This is one of those places that's easier to get into than get out. Say... were you at the Prince's party? The one at Trump Tower? I admit I didn't catch every face there. There was one kindred there who caught my attention. Blonde, athletic, purple dress. Don't know if you know her."

NotScaryBats
2013-02-12, 04:31 AM
Danielle laughs, agreeing to be let out of the sewers. "Hmm, a blond in a purple dress...?"

Was that someone I met? I, uh, don't recall hehe

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-12, 06:49 PM
[roll0]
You finally remember her, after thinking hard. She didn't say much to you at the party, but you did notice her AND she was the guard at the Tremere dorm. You don't recall her name however.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-12, 08:27 PM
"Ah, yes, that one. What about her caught your eye? Her athletic ass? "

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-12, 10:01 PM
"Oh, was her ass athletic as well? Must have missed that." He says, trying to sound convincing. His social skills are mostly out of practice however, especially compared to Danielle's perceptive nature. She could tell it was a lie.

"Nothing much. Just had a small conversation at the party, forgot to catch her name. Not too many kindred from other clans want to talk to me... you know the whole leather face and monster mouth thing I have going on. Well, unless they've come for business." He adds, teasingly. "Just good to keep track of who I can talk to about things beyond just work and politics. Break up the monotony, take a step out of the grand jyhad now and then."

NotScaryBats
2013-02-12, 11:04 PM
"Well, I trust we will see more of each other in the future. Is there a good way to get ahold of you should the need arise?" Danielle smiles easily at the hideous Nosferatu, her alien sensibilities not at all alarmed or distressed by the other Kindred.

If he seems game to build a working relationship, Danielle will trade contact information (and get his name!)

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-13, 02:30 AM
"Yeah, I have a cell" He says, pulling out the phone to prove it as he tells you his number. "I'll probably see you at that meeting tomorrow night. Are you going? I'm still on the fence."

Bit of an oversight. If you don't say anything, Jace just tosses the laptop in with a large bin of spare parts. Does danielle ask for it back or take it?

NotScaryBats
2013-02-13, 09:25 AM
"Yes, I will certainly be there," Danielle says, entering the contact information for Jace. "I'd better dispose of the computer myself - I wouldn't want you to be compromised should its original owner somehow track it down."

Danielle casually tucks the laptop under an arm and bids Jace goodbye, winking, "Until tomorrow, then. "

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-13, 12:22 PM
Alright, Danielle makes it out of the sewers with no trouble. The nosferatu was even kind enough to walk her out. It is now getting late in the evening, does she need to do anything else before the meeting?

NotScaryBats
2013-02-13, 01:00 PM
She feels the need to dispose of the computer, then go home. Perhaps toss the thing in a dumpster nowhere near anything worthwhile, especially far from her Haven. How about outside a city library in a dumpster, smashed first.

Assuming that goes okay, I will return home and pray to my Queen.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-13, 01:55 PM
No problems what so ever disposing of the laptop. Despite having an uneasy feeling the rest of the night, Danielle is fine.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Was she going to do anything special? What time is she arriving at the party?

NotScaryBats
2013-02-13, 03:17 PM
Hmmm, well...
I suppose I'd better take a look at my photos to see if it's just pictures of me or what.

I'll arrive at the party on time - fashionably late is only fashionable occasionally.

If the party is formal, my outfit will be an updo with a comb, dark blue dress, and matching heels. Jewelry and accessories of silver.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-13, 03:55 PM
It appears the camera tooks regular intervals of pictures. However with the exception of a few very dark pictures of yourself in crawlering and pithos, it appears to just be pictures of the warehouse. The camera quality on the laptop wasn't great however, so the pictures come out very blurry and hard to make out (at least for the ones of danielle).

Wits+computers [roll0]

You common sense brings you a few conclusions from this. First, by tracking the pictures and the changing light, Danielle is able to conclude this camera was set up the same night you investigated the dorm. Several hours after to be precise.

Secondly, the person behind this clearly went through a lot of trouble setting this computer up. However, simply by keeping the lights off the camera function on it was made useless. Meaning either they deliberately chose a bad part, or it was completely a oversight that doesn't fit the trend.

Finally, the camera function went off regularly. So either whomever set the equipment up was very careful not to be seen, or they were Lasombra. The latter becomes more likely simply because you know there's at least one in town.

If you have no more questions, I will be starting the meeting tonight.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-14, 02:32 AM
Okay, if I have the time to confirm through photo close-ups, etc whether there is Lasombra or just a very cautious something-else...

Like, look for shadows, displaced light, or any other indication that something was there that doesn't have a reflection.

But, yeah, totally ready for the par-tay lol

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-14, 01:01 PM
With very careful study, Danielle fails to find anything that would indicate a Lasombra.

The Meeting
http://i2.bookcdn.com/data/Photos/LargePhoto2/27/2709/2709590/Pheasant-Run-Resort-photos-Hotel.JPEG
The meeting is held at a nice hotel called Pheasant Run, located not quite downtown but not quite in the west suburbs. So ironically it's convenient for everyone to get there, but not as nice as you would expect from the Prince.

As your car pulls up, you are greeted by valets who happily take your car and give you a ticket. There seems to be lots of valets, to the point that you must wonder how many guests the prince is expecting. After handing over your car, you are pointed at a large meeting room to the right just after you enter. As usual, the prince has chosen style and luxury over efficiency. Rather than having rows of chairs, the room is tightly packed with round tables that have been carefully adorned with decorations. On the far side of the room is a platform where a video projector has been set up and speakers attached. Close by a nervous William paces as the start of the meeting approaches. At the doors a host, presumably human, waits. He asks how many are in your party, and escorts you to a table. An odd thing since most kindred would come alone.

Danielle is seated near the front of the room, at a table with no one she knows. Arriving at 8:45, she has time to chit chat with anyone she can find. She notices Matthew arriving four minutes to nine, escorted by a woman she has never seen before. Both are dressed more casual than nice. Matthew gives Danielle a friendly wave as he is seat.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-14, 06:21 PM
Danielle feels like a guest at a wedding. Odd. She learns who she is seated with, making small talk for a few minutes. If the opportunity presents itself, she will meet with her contact and trade pleasantries.

When Matthew waves at her, she will excuse herself from her present company and approach the pair. "Danielle Anderson, I don't believe we've met," she says pleasantly to Matthew's companion.

(this is assuming people are milling about socializing. If we're supposed to stay in our seats, then I'll be good and sit tight.)

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-14, 10:44 PM
Your contact, whom shall now be named Elizabeth, eagerly waves Danielle over to her table. Joining her are several much lower generation Toreador, who seem to have no interest in speaking to a Catiff like yourself. :smallwink: However, despite half the table not saying a word, Elizabeth still manages to talk your ear off in pointless gossip for a few minutes. The only thing that catches Danielle's ear is the rumor that Prince Alexander hasn't been seen since the party. 'He's either become a recluse or could be dead,' the gossips suggests.

After leaving table Toreador, Danielle crosses the room to say hello to Matthew's mystery date with only a minute or two left before the meeting starts. As she introduces herself however, something catches her eye. The only other figure at the table, a bearded man in a dark blue hoodie and sunglasses, turns immediately upon recognition of Danielle's name but quickly turns back to overlooking the room.

Before Danielle can think much on it however, the woman grasps her hand and gives her a firm handshake. Keeping eye contact, possibly as a way to show dominance, she introduces herself. "Karen Murphy. Matthew's sire."

NotScaryBats
2013-02-15, 07:01 PM
Danielle gives Karen an appraising look, her handshake delicate and warm with the flush of life. "Charmed to meet you, Karen," she says in her pleasant, friendly voice. "Matthew and I met at the Prince's last party -- did you recently come to town?" The implication that Karen was not invited or did not come to the party at the Tower being Danielle's own way of showing dominance.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-15, 08:24 PM
"Ka..." Matthew begins to say before Karen quickly introduces herself to Danielle. He looks surprised at his sire's tenacity, and smiles slightly at the moment. "Karen, this is Danielle, we've been working together for a short while."
"A Pleasure" she says, keeping that gaze on Danielle and still shaking her hand."Oh, that party a few weeks ago? Yeah, I remember when the Seneschal asked me to pass that along to Matthew. They always have wanted to have a good working relationship with what they consider the expendables after all." Smiling, she seems to be waiting for Danielle to pull away.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-15, 09:12 PM
"Well, that's William for you -- he loves to keep tabs on the expendables," Danielle continues to smile pleasantly. She turns her attention to Matthew, "After the meeting, I need to talk to you about Alexander's plan." If Karen is still gripping Danielle's hand, she gently attempts to free herself of the other woman's steely grasp. "Until next time, Karen." Danielle then returns to her seat, ready for the meeting to begin. On her way back, she chances a glance at the inconspicuous Kindred sharing the two Brujah's table -- is this Jace wearing a Mask of One Thousand Faces?

Are we in Elysium? Is the Camarilla here very strict in the "No Disciplines" law of Elysium to the extent that Nosferatu can't use Obfuscate two? Does Danielle know any of this?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-15, 10:03 PM
Luckily for Danielle, the lights are dimmed and William asks everyone to quiet down just as she begins walking towards her table. Being slightly closer than your table, Elizabeth tries to flag you to come sit at hers.

And to answer your question, the state of Elysium has actually never been mentioned. It may have been implied with the nice attire and face decorations, but no one has even said anything about it. A though Danielle now realizes and finds odd.

Assuming it is actually under Elysium, Disciplines are usually restricted to only yourself. Thus you could still use auspex to eavesdrop or view the aura of party guests, but dominating someone you don't like would obviously be a no no. So a Nosferatu using obfuscate would be tolerated, but Danielle is aware that he didn't use it at the party or last night. Of course, if he was using it then she would have no idea if it's him. Her glance back proceeds to be less helpful than her original glace out of the corner of her eye, as he seems to have leaned back with his face in the shadows.

What's said is going to come in spurts. So feel free to talk amongst yourselves as I present it all.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-15, 10:48 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-REKpyN1I6v8/Tjr82GRyXgI/AAAAAAAAAVw/4QZOmj5YYxM/s1600/137355-ra-s-al-ghul.JPG William looks like this, only angrier.

William begins to speak, urging everyone to quiet down. His tone changes significantly as it doesn't happen immediately. Honestly he almost looks ready to frenzy.

"I'd like to thank you all for coming. This meeting was on the last minute order of the prince, and we've done our best to put it together. I appreciate the effort everyone has made to be here strictly by nine o'clock. That's not easy for our kind. I even slept here at this hotel today so I could make sure everything was in order."

As he said this, the doors to the room as systematically closed. The lights are further dimmed, and a spot light is put on William. He seems annoyed by it, but continues speaking.

"Now then, Prince Alexander is not here tonight. He was unable to make it, having needed to be back at head quarters to make sure our life keeps running smoothly. However we have a live video from him in just a moment, so I ask that everyone just keep their voices down. I will be answering questions after the video."

The spot light is then turned off, and a video is played on the video projector screen.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-15, 11:42 PM
http://m5.paperblog.com/i/24/242644/bruce-wayne-christian-bale-L-uzHxJE.jpeg Prince Alexander

The video cuts on, and the room gets silent. Prince Alexander appears on the screen, looking cleanly dressed as always. He doesn't look... right however. The confident Prince who viewed life as a game isn't behind those eyes tonight. He looks troubled.

"Good Evening my friends. Thank you for coming. Before I begin, I would like to say a special hello to four individuals in our audience."

"Sabbat members, I know you're here. I assure you, your disguises are good, but not that good. Your plan to surprise attack us during the meeting; very clever. But it won't work. And this isn't under Elysium. You will be torn apart, even with your pretty little weapons. So shut up, sit tight, and listen. What I'm about to say affects you too."

"After I'm done speaking, I'm going to cut to a live transmission. I assure you all, this is going to be a bad night for news."

"However, before I cut out I would like to thank William for an excellent job of pulling this meeting together. I demanded it of him last minute, and he came through with only a handful of days to do it. He is an excellent man, I couldn't have run this city all these years without him. "

"Which is why, he shall make an excellent leader for you all. Although I have a few more things to add, effective immediately I am resigning as Prince. Please give a round of applause for your new Prince William!"

[Everyone is in shock, and no one claps. William looks like a deer caught in the headlights.]

"And now, without further adieu, President Palin!"
With that, the video cuts over to the president speaking.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-16, 08:56 AM
Danielle, sitting at table Toreador, feels just as shocked as everyone else, but does her best to look calm and collected.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-16, 04:31 PM
The video cuts to ABC, where the president appears to be making a national address that has just started a minute ago.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_EOAbTvlHomA/TOG4BqjOMdI/AAAAAAAACLM/ohnRud9VT6E/s1600/Sarah+Palin.jpg
Yup, if you haven't read my house rules page recently... this is the president of the United States. Yup, the thought scares me too.

"...And so it is with great regret that I must inform the country that a great change is about to occur. But we, as Americans, have always banded together in hard times. We have always done what is required of us to carry on, as a nation. And I am sure that this time will be no different."

"Now most of you at home are wondering what I'm talking about that could warrant such radical changes. I will show you, but first I must warn you that what you are about to see is graphic in nature. If there are children in the room, or individuals with weak hearts, please have them leave the room."

The president pauses for a moment, clearly giving time for children to leave the room. After a moment, she nods for someone behind the camera to roll the video.

Several video clips are quickly played. On it are several different scenarios where a vampire is killing a person. In one, a man's arm is ripped off with the vampire's bare hands. In another, a vampire is drinking a woman dry. In another, a man punches a kid's skull through like it was cardboard. Then the video changes to vampires who have been caged, and their appearance is much more obvious. They're being poked and prodded, and they raise their fangs in a defensive position. Then the video changes to a giant man-bird (a corax), who is trapped in a shark cage and seems to have gone a bit hysterical. The final video is security camera footage. In an alley, it shows a man fighting a werewolf in Crinos form (that looks absolutely feral) with a knife while a person off camera peppers it with bullets. After that, it cuts back to the president.

"What you've just seen is not fake. It is real footage, collected from around the world. What's been hiding in plain sight all along is that humanity is not alone in this world. Existing side by side with us, hiding among us, are two different breeds of infected species that used to be human. But they aren't any more. They've been secretly responsible for countless deaths and crimes through history, and they have survived because we didn't want to believe they existed."
"The first kind is what we historically have called Vampires. Initial autopsies indicate that are animated dead. At this time we only know for sure that they do indeed hide during the day, and feed on humans at night. If they attack, they may drink a human dry of all blood given the opportunity. If you see a suspected Vampire, call the police and avoid them at all costs."

"The second of the infected types is much more varied, known as shape changers or Lycanthropes. The infection appears to bond them to animals of a various degree, but at this time it appears wolves and birds are the most common. Lycanthropes are even more dangerous because they can walk among human society even less noticed, have a tendency to eat their human victims, and produce a pheromone that makes those nearby unable to remember what happened. If you see one of these creatures, find the nearest object of silver and use extreme precaution."

The president slams her fist down onto the oak desk.
"From this moment on, I am declaring a official war on those infected. For those that wish to turn themselves over so we might study a cure, you will quarantined but otherwise unharmed. For all others who might not be so cooperative, know that we will find you. We will hunt you for as long as it takes, and we will give you no quarter. We are not your prey any longer."

"From this moment on, I am issuing an executive order that suspends habeas corpus until this war has ended. In addition, I am announcing the creation of a new Bureau that specializes in the hunting and identifying of those infected. The Supernatural world Organization of Required Defense, or S.W.O.R.D. Over the next few months, SWORD will start in major cities throughout the country and work their way through other smaller cities."

"Begining tonight, they will start locking down the following cities looking for the infected. Washington DC, Boston, New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angelos, and Seattle. But this will quickly move on. The infected will be found, and decontaminated. Do not be alarmed if you live in these cities, as traffic may be slowed by road blocks and mandatory checks. It will be inconvenient, but it will also be necessary for your safety. Please cooperate with the random house checks that may happen. If you're not infected, you have nothing to fear."

The transmission cuts out, and Alexander comes back.

"Sorry, I know you love listening to that bitch but she wasn't really saying anything beyond that. How do I know this, you ask? Well its actually simple, I have a copy of her speech. Yes, I did know this was happening. I've been using all my money, contacts, and resources to suppress it for weeks. In the end however, it became clear that it couldn't be suppressed. The existence of our kind is out of the bag for now."

"So I did the only thing I could do, I made a deal. You see, they didn't even know about the werewolves. I provided the information on that. I figured if they're coming after us, maybe the wolves will slow them down."

"But as I said, I did make a deal. As you will notice when you look around, none of the primogen are here. All the eldest of us have been allowed to go into hiding, where we shall intelligently hide our assets and go into torpor. When we awake, hopefully this mess will be long forgotten."

"But the cost is everyone in this room. The building is surrounded, and they'll be moving in shortly. I'm sorry William, but I am a big picture guy and this is a big picture solution. For those of you who may manage to get out, I advise you to go into Torpor too. Good luck."
And the transmission from Alexander Cuts out. The blue screen being the only source in the room, as panic slowly begins to set it.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-16, 04:53 PM
Danielle can't help but laugh quietly to herself. She thinks for a moment... Is there any way that she can bring a person with her to the Umbra...?

I don't think I can pull a person Sideways, but can I? No books o me at the moment, but I'll look it up when I get home.

Danielle feels confident she can escape, and is still quite calm.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-16, 04:56 PM
It's not clear, but based on the werewolf book you can. You just would need two successes, and the difficulty would be slightly higher.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-16, 07:19 PM
Per 3 + Empathy 0 [roll0] to try to see what state Prince William is in. I'd like to make my way towards him if possible.

Does anything catch my eye as I do so? People getting up and running hither and thither, or is it just a shocked 'is he serious? he can't be serious'

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-17, 01:12 AM
Consider it a even break down between rushing to the doors and trying to bolt, people sitting in shock and acting like drama queens (Plenty at your table), and heading to the new Prince for instructions. The doors are locked, which is making more of a panic. It appears a few 'smart' individuals have flipped the tables up and likely plan to use them as cover. Shady mcshadypants at Matthew's table seems to be following that route.

As Danielle approaches Prince William, which isn't too hard since she's moving with a wave of people, she can clearly see he's had too much pressure. His hand on a podium, he seems to be slightly bent over and trying to resist a frenzy. Unfortunately the morons around him are flooding him with questions.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-17, 02:46 AM
Danielle's plan is to approach the Prince, put a hand on him, and spend a blood point to instantly shift to Crawlerlings. Then, she'll atempt to pull him across the Gauntlet, spending a willpower if necessary.

Once there, she'll spin some lies, tell him to sit tight, and try to get Matthew.

May I attempt this?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-17, 02:48 AM
Yes, you may. But you may just change his Frenzy into a ... whatever the fear version is called.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-17, 03:00 AM
Rorshreck or something, I think. lol

Danielle calmly continues to approach the nascent Prince. She takes a moment to scan the room and locate Matthew in the crowd once she gains the higher vantage point of the stage, but then proceeds to lay a hand on William's shoulder.

Although doing so goes against many of the tenants of Ananasi people, perhaps Danielle has a good reason for her choice. Perhaps these foolish Kindred will all die in the attack. Perhaps she has merely spent too much time amongst vampires, and feels responsible for the unlife of the Camarilla Prince. Perhaps she is more stressed than she shows, and is acting on instinct. Whatever the case, once her hand rests upon William's shoulder, the Ananasi says simply, "Relax, my Prince. I will take you to safety."

She then bursts into a cloud of spiders.

With the celerity of a thought, the swarm engulfs the vampire Prince, spinning some webs and attempting to pull him through the Gauntlet, along the Great Web, and into the Umbra. While Danielle has never attempted such a brazen act, she bends her considerable will and solid concentration upon navigating the Web.

Spend a BP for instant Crawlerlings
Gnosis roll... [roll0]
Hopefully the Gauntlet is weak here.
Willpower point(s) spent if necessary.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-17, 04:45 PM
[roll0]

The webs of the city are the highways of the ananasi, and Danielle easily crosses the gauntlet despite her luggage slowing her down. As the mass of spiders deposits the prince in the Umbra, and he falls to his knees in shock. Had he be living, he likely would be having a heart attack at the moment. Looking around, William's eyes is filled with terror. Unable to hold it back any longer, the beast takes over him and he bolts away from the situation.

Meanwhile in the umbra, the building appears to not exist. In it's place is simply a structure like a tower made entirely out of webbing. But the ananasi immediatly can sense that this web is not weaver controlled, it is wyrm corrupted. If not stopped, William will be attempting to run through these webs.

(Matthew was on the other side of the room if Danielle chooses to go for him)

NotScaryBats
2013-02-17, 09:20 PM
Did you ever let me learn that Gift, Morphean Bite? I have the experience on my sheet, but don't remember if you ever let me learn it or not.

Now would be a fine time to use it, if I could. Otherwise, it's Pithas cocoon time.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-17, 09:26 PM
I think I did.... not sure. I guess we'll assume I did.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-19, 01:05 AM
My stats right now are Str 0, Dex 8, Sta 0
In order to use Morphean Bite, I need to inflict at least one HL damage, after soak rolls. then, I roll Gnosis (4) vs difficulty of target's Stamina. If I succeed, the target instantly falls unconscious.

So! Can I bite in Crawlerling? I'm all over him right now. Perhaps a case could be made for hundreds of tiny spider bites injecting hundreds of bits of my Gift.

otherwise, I will shift to Pithus and hope for the best <3

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-19, 01:14 AM
Bite is Strength+1 I believe, so yes technically. Honestly with all that dex, you should score plenty of extra damage dice.

The question is, will it get through his thick undead skin?

NotScaryBats
2013-02-19, 01:38 AM
let's see: [roll0]
on hit [roll1]
extra dice [roll2]
I assume soakable lethal dmg in this form

If I get through
gnosis roll [roll3]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-19, 01:46 AM
Yeah, it hadn't occurred to me normally her bite is aggravated. But I concur, in the crawlering form it would be thousands of not supernatural spiders. So lethal only.

With that in mind, she has a terrible roll. William continues to run, and goes into the webbing. Clearly he's trying to side step it, but he's panicked and practically mindless. He trips, and is now partially stuck in the webs.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-19, 12:39 PM
"Cmon, Danielle, get yourself together," Danielle chastises herself. She attempts one more time to sedate her Prince.

okay... [roll0]

Dmg [roll1]

Extra dice [roll2]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-19, 12:49 PM
You did one damage. Let's see if he can soak that.
[roll0]

The vampire continues to struggle, thrashing about in every direction possible. The tiny spiders seem to have trouble catching up to him, but those that do bite him as best they can. Alas, his undead skin is just too thick.

The good news is that he's still stuck. The bad news is he's attached to a web and thrashing wildly. If there are any Pattern spiders around, they will come for him. Of course there webs appear to be wyrm corrupted, so they might be as well.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-20, 02:29 PM
"..." Danielle cringes. There was no time to lose. Frustrated by her weak form, Danielle shifts again.

[roll0] shift to Pithus by spending a blood point

Now in a stronger form, Danielle tries to extract the struggling vampire and bind him in her cable-strength webbing.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-20, 03:27 PM
After some snarling and hard work, she manages to pull him out of the webs and ensnares him in her own own webs. What does she do now?

NotScaryBats
2013-02-21, 02:04 AM
Now that she has the Prince in her clutches... Danielle takes a moment to assess the situation. Would he be angry that she took him from the hotel, or pleased to have escaped the situation? What would he remember of the experience? Did a vampire recall events during a Rotshreck?

Danielle rubs her chelicerae together thoughtfully. Her inscrutable arachnid eyes take in the entire panorama around her.

Well. What's done is done. The Ananasi looks skyward to try to determine what time it is and when the sun might rise -- would the Umbral sun destroy a vampire? So many questions...

Clearing her mind yet again, Danielle adjusts her stance somewhat nervously. Massive, clawed legs scratch at the ground and adjust her Prince-Cocoon. Perhaps, she had bitten off more than she could digest externally. How to explain the situation to William...?

Appear as a human, and claim to have rescued him somehow?

Appear as she is now, and pretend to be someone other than Danielle?

Show him her Changing, and explain everything to him?

No, there would be plenty to gain from some chicanery and lies, and the Prince's fragile emotional state could likely be exploited.

Danielle resolves to lie like she has never lied before, and spin a magnificent web for Prince William. In order to prepare herself, she picks the man up and ensures he is catatonic. Then, she begins to make her way into the heart of Chicago...

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-21, 02:24 AM
Now that she has the Prince in her clutches... Danielle takes a moment to assess the situation. Would he be angry that she took him from the hotel, or pleased to have escaped the situation? What would he remember of the experience? Did a vampire recall events during a Rotshreck?
It varies from frenzy to frenzy, and rotshrek likely plays by the same rules.

Danielle rubs her chelicerae together thoughtfully. Her inscrutable arachnid eyes take in the entire panorama around her.

Well. What's done is done. The Ananasi looks skyward to try to determine what time it is and when the sun might rise -- would the Umbral sun destroy a vampire? So many questions...
There's no actual sun in the umbra, just sunlight. Not sure how that works, but whatever. So that is a million dollar question. Good luck finding one that wants to try it.

Clearing her mind yet again, Danielle adjusts her stance somewhat nervously. Massive, clawed legs scratch at the ground and adjust her Prince-Cocoon. Perhaps, she had bitten off more than she could digest externally. How to explain the situation to William...?

Appear as a human, and claim to have rescued him somehow?

Appear as she is now, and pretend to be someone other than Danielle?

Show him her Changing, and explain everything to him?

No, there would be plenty to gain from some chicanery and lies, and the Prince's fragile emotional state could likely be exploited.

Danielle resolves to lie like she has never lied before, and spin a magnificent web for Prince William. In order to prepare herself, she picks the man up and ensures he is catatonic. Then, she begins to make her way into the heart of Chicago...

Does Danielle have a specific location she's heading to?
As she flees, wyrm spiders close in. But her speed is greater than theirs, and she easily gets away despite her extra weight.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-21, 03:06 AM
Yes. It is Danielle's intent to take the Prince to her Sylie. There, she will rouse him and make her gambit.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-21, 03:13 AM
Having never passed out, half way through the long journey home, William stops struggling. The journey is especially dangerous however. Danielle is forced to use an additional [roll0] points of blood to aid her escape. The number of wyrm spiders that appears to have suddenly appeared, frightens her.

Does Danielle confront the Prince in the physical world or in the Umbra?

NotScaryBats
2013-02-21, 03:50 AM
So, when I ensnared him, it wasn't after a Morphean Bite? I just wrestled him to the ground?

Danielle feels the pressure. Her reserves of Vitae are about half-depleted. Still, she keeps up her pace and arrives at her Sylie. Here in the Umbra, the Prince would immediately be off-balance and likely more easily manipulated.

When she rouses the Prince, she will shift to Homid and unwrap him.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-21, 04:13 AM
If you would like to say you bit him after you changed forms, you're welcome to do so. But you were unable to break his skin in crawlering form. The only reason he didn't get away from you is because of some really bad rolls navigating the webs. So Danielle would have easily been able to tie him up with little trouble either awake or asleep.

If you used Morphean Bite, it will be rather difficult to wake him up. You will have to actually deal him damage.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-21, 04:40 AM
Okay, since he was incapacitated by the webbing he ran into, I will just have bound him up to keep him from hurting himself. Now that I'm at the Sylie, I'll go Homid, then unwrap him.

This's my last post of the night. I'm really excited to see if I can pull this off, but alas, alack, I must retire for the evening before I am burnt to death by Pelor's Rising Sun.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-21, 12:00 PM
Williams demeanor has become calm and collected. He looks around for a few moments, now that he's no longer confined. "Where are we?" He says simply, but in a demanding tone.

No worries, I went to bed before you did. It's too hours earlier here.

I was just giving you a hard time yesterday.:smallsmile:

NotScaryBats
2013-02-21, 11:06 PM
"We are across the Shroud, in the land of the dead. None from Chicago can reach us here," Danielle says calmly, in a subservient voice. "I am bound to serve the Prince of Chicago. When Alexander abdicated, my services have been transferred to you; I am yours to command, my Prince." She curtsies deeply.

I typed this up this morning, but accidentally deleted it in one of those horrible moments of "NOOOOooooooo!!"
It took me all day to get back to it, and I'm not sure if I got it precisely how I wanted, but I think you can tell the direction I'm going. C'est la vie

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-22, 12:18 AM
He rubs his head. The night had much for his mind to handle, and his sanity was straining. "What is the Land of the dead? how do I get out of it, not that I want to, and how is it you can take us here?" Looking around he thinks for a moment and turns back "Does Alexander know you can do this?"

NotScaryBats
2013-02-22, 02:55 AM
"Alexander knew of many of my powers, but not this one. I can traverse the barrier between worlds, and will return you to Chicago when you are ready to consolidate your power," Danielle explains readily, her voice and demeanor servile.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-22, 03:30 AM
He takes the news as best he can, trying to stay focused on Danielle. "I see. Well you didn't answer my question. What is this place, the land of the dead?" His voice is much weaker than normal, the certainty no longer set.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-22, 03:52 AM
"It is where ghosts, wraiths, and spectres reside, the echoes of dead mortals. Giovanni occasionally catch glimpses of this place in their dealings with the dead. This close to the border, the two worlds touch, and you may see the physical world's reflection in the structures here."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-22, 01:20 PM
As far as Danielle can tell, he's buying this story of hers. "At some point, I would like to hear more of this place. But for the moment, it will have to wait. Are we in a safe location? If yes, I'd like to leave the land of the dead now."

NotScaryBats
2013-02-22, 02:04 PM
"Perhaps I should check first, my Prince. I shall return presently," Danielle says obediently. She will shift to Crawlerling and Step Sideways, quickly ascertain the safety of her Haven, then return to the Prince.

[roll0] godd why is it so hard to change forms
[roll1] gnosis
[roll2] per+ inv
[roll3] shift back

I think I'll spend 4 xp to raise my gnosis when I get the chance

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-22, 02:15 PM
Her apartment appears to be safe after a quick glance. No sign of entry.

When she returns, the prince hasn't gone far. He's just moved to the window to look out at the world better. "Why spiders? What is the significance of spiders? They seems to be everywhere" he mutters.
At the end of the night I'll be handing out xp. You can raise it then.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-22, 03:07 PM
"Indeed. The Lupines tell legends of a Great Spider that wove the world from Her webs. Her Children continue this work even now, ossifying and building continuously. The Chinese claimed spiders would ferry a spirit into the afterlife, where a man would be reborn from a great silk cocoon. I appreciate the aesthetic. May I return you to the physical world, my Prince?" Should he say yes, Danielle will return him.

[roll0] or bp (4 left if I must spend one)
[roll1] or wp (gauntlet should bee low due to Sylie)

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-22, 03:27 PM
Moving through the gauntlet is hard, especially with cargo, and Danielle needs a second attempt to pull him back out. He doesn't exactly seem exited to be carried by a bunch of tiny spiders.

There's no stress, you just need to roll two successes so we'll just let it go as a eventual automatic success.

Once back in the world of the living, William seems to relax some. He straightens out his clothing and hair to make himself proper and groomed. Then he gives Danielle a bow. "I owe you my life. I will not forget that. If at some point you need to flee this place, there is a safe house I have prepared in the industrial part of south Chicago. [He gives you the address]. If they come for you, feel free to use that as a place to fall back."

He looks at his watch, clearly with a intent to leave. "I'm going to Trump Tower. If I'm lucky, Alexander will still be there. If not, perhaps that is fortunate as well. Once I have a fortified location set up, I will contact you. However I suggest you destroy your phone by tomorrow. Tonight they will be busy cleaning up the meeting, and locking down the city. But I have no doubt that Alexander passed on personal information he had on us, and eventually that might mean they will start tracking our phones."

Speaking of phones, Danielle notices a message she missed while running around in the umbra.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-22, 03:52 PM
"I am yours, my Prince," Danielle intones, laying on thick but naturally. She had some time to think about this, and feels if she makes the Prince believe she is somehow compelled to obey him, his paranoia from the betrayal will not be leveled upon her.

Danielle of course allows William to leave, and once he does so she will check her phone message. She is also famished, and will blend herself a smoothie to sup on.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-22, 06:26 PM
The Prince leaves quietly and quickly, leaving Danielle to her voice mail and smoothie. He seemed to have no problem buying what she was selling.

Her voice mail is as follows; "This is Jace. Don't call me, I'll call you. Tomorrow, sundown. There's serious trouble with that job you had me do if you didn't know already."

What does she do for the rest of the night?

NotScaryBats
2013-02-22, 07:04 PM
Gawrsh, she really needs to feed, but can she risk it...?

Danielle checks the time -- its about 2AM? She decides to see if she can pick someone up and snack a bit. Using her Ananasi wiles, she will attract potential mates via her Animal Attraction. If successful, Danielle intends to take about 3 blood points, and will be using the 'oh my god, its like the end of the world' to mask her desire for a one night stand.

Cha+Primal urge diff 4 (from page 74 of Ananasi book)
[roll0]