PDA

View Full Version : The Critique Thread

Eldan
2012-09-22, 01:06 PM
Many of us know how it is: you homebrew something you think is pretty nifty, but you aren't sure if it's balanced. You post it here, and either you get no replies at all, or just some general comments like "This is great!" which, while great for the ego, do not help you improve it.

That's where this thread comes in. Here, we collect people who are willing to look at other people's homebrew and critique it. There is no guarantee that they will look at any given piece, but it's a start.

How will this work? As a volunteer, post your name and which systems you are familiar with. I will add you to the list.

If you look for critique, post a link in this thread, and mention what it is, which system it is for, and what you would like people to critique.

List of critics:

Debihuman I can help with critiquing as well 3.5 and slower with Pathfinder. I'm most experienced with monsters though I can can certainly help with other stuff.

Djinn_in_Tonic, reporting in.

I critique on request only these days, unless something really catches my eye. Not homebrewing as much as I once was.

I'm able to critique the following:

D&D 3.5
3.5 Prestige Classes specifically...as an 8-time winner (or something like that) of the PrC Creation Contest, I consider this my focus in 3.5.
System design or conceptual design
Basically any other system from a conceptual angle.

I tend to go very big-picture, and sometimes come off as a bit acidic. If you can accept that, I like to think I have a very good grasp of D&D 3.5, system design theory in general, and player-to-mechanics interaction (i.e. what will run well at a game table vs. what will confuse or distract from gameplay).

Eldan: D&D 3.5. I will also look at pure fluff pieces, if they aren't of gigantic length (maybe even then, if I'm in a good mood).

God Imperor: Reporting for duty!

I like D&D 3.5 and I promise thorough peaches if something caches my attention, most of my comments or critiques will be due to a weird interaction with rules or due to my sometimes not so great reading comprehension (oh, I will probably understand why people try to achieve, but won't consider it properly explained on the writing).

Grod the Giant, at your service, sah!

I'll look at most anything 3.5 related, and I'm reasonably confident about Mutants and Masterminds 3e, although I don't think I've ever seen homebrew for that particular system. I'll look at fluff, too. I don't always have as much time as I'd like, and my free time tends to fluctuate based on academic schedules, but when I've got the time, I'm here.

SamBurke, 3.5, PF, 3.0, New Systems. I'll look at anything IF IT'S WELL ORGANIZED. I'm asking for grammar, clear division, holding to traditional rules of making homebrew on these forums.

sirpercival, D&D 3.5, also fluff. I'm kinda slow to PEACH, but I'm happy to do it.

Sgt. Cookie reporting in, sir!

D&D 3.5 is my area of expertise, and am willing to give anything a PEACH.

tuggyne, ready for action. I tend to be rather opinionated, balance-wise

Also, I much prefer feats or spells to classes, and much prefer classes to subsystems. Comprehensibility is a thing.

Veklim reporting for PEACH duty, mainly 3.0/5, can put my head mostly around PF and love to read random brainstorms and abstract concepts before they adhere themselves to any particular system. Mostly go for PrCs, interesting base classes and feats, but am willing and happy to look at just about anything well presented and different.

Waargh!, D&D 3.5, 4.0, New systems, depends of my time

WaylanderX, reporting in. mostly do base classes, but I don't mind feats and PRC's either.
Besides, anything really special that catches my attention can also recieve a good PEACH.

Welknair, reporting in. 3.5, PF, homebrewed systems. I specialize in classes, bloodlines, and magic systems, but I'd be happy to try my hand at anything, really. All I ask is that PEACH-recievers be willing to honestly consider the feedback they get.

TheWombatOfDoom
First I'd like to volenteer for PEACHing, but for now solely on a grammatical basis. I'll help edit wording, and fix errors.

SamBurke
2012-09-22, 01:12 PM
SamBurke, 3.5, PF, 3.0, New Systems. I'll look at anything IF IT'S WELL ORGANIZED. I'm asking for grammar, clear division, holding to traditional rules of making homebrew on these forums.

sirpercival
2012-09-22, 02:00 PM
sirpercival, D&D 3.5, also fluff. I'm kinda slow to PEACH, but I'm happy to do it.

Waargh!
2012-09-22, 02:22 PM
Waargh!, D&D 3.5, 4.0, New systems, depends of my time

This is great (initiative) Eldan! (well, you know that comments of yours would backfire on you)

I think this is a very good start. Would also like if we keep the very good ideas in a post. Some really good home brews are posted, but they are not in the end very well organized. Which is a waste to be honest.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2012-09-22, 02:39 PM
Djinn_in_Tonic, reporting in.

I critique on request only these days, unless something really catches my eye. Not homebrewing as much as I once was.

I'm able to critique the following:

D&D 3.5
3.5 Prestige Classes specifically...as an 8-time winner (or something like that) of the PrC Creation Contest, I consider this my focus in 3.5.
System design or conceptual design
Basically any other system from a conceptual angle.

I tend to go very big-picture, and sometimes come off as a bit acidic. If you can accept that, I like to think I have a very good grasp of D&D 3.5, system design theory in general, and player-to-mechanics interaction (i.e. what will run well at a game table vs. what will confuse or distract from gameplay).

Welknair
2012-09-22, 02:54 PM
Welknair, reporting in. 3.5, PF, homebrewed systems. I specialize in classes, bloodlines, and magic systems, but I'd be happy to try my hand at anything, really. All I ask is that PEACH-recievers be willing to honestly consider the feedback they get.

Grod_The_Giant
2012-09-22, 03:05 PM

I'll look at most anything 3.5 related, and I'm reasonably confident about Mutants and Masterminds 3e, although I don't think I've ever seen homebrew for that particular system. I'll look at fluff, too. I don't always have as much time as I'd like, and my free time tends to fluctuate based on academic schedules, but when I've got the time, I'm here.

----------

I'll also kick off the other side of the thread by posting my latest creation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13847478), a fighter fix (I know, I know...) I'm using a somewhat unusual mechanic, sort of an inspiration-points-esque dice pool, and I haven't got enough balance feedback-- and none at all since I updated.

toapat
2012-09-22, 03:40 PM
Second to Ask: Toapat's New Paladin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13939924#post13939924)

this isnt the first thread of this though

SamBurke
2012-09-22, 03:49 PM

I'll also kick off the other side of the thread by posting my latest creation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13847478), a fighter fix (I know, I know...) I'm using a somewhat unusual mechanic, sort of an inspiration-points-esque dice pool, and I haven't got enough balance feedback-- and none at all since I updated.

I'll look into it; seen it before, liked, didn't PEACH.

Also, how/where are we going to peach? On this thread, on the thread linked? What is this thread for? Discussion about PEACHing in general, about the specifics? Etc, etc, etc.

@Topoat, it indeed is not. We're just hoping to keep it alive.

Grod_The_Giant
2012-09-22, 03:55 PM
I'll look into it; seen it before, liked, didn't PEACH.

Also, how/where are we going to peach? On this thread, on the thread linked? What is this thread for? Discussion about PEACHing in general, about the specifics? Etc, etc, etc.

Hooray! Thanks!

PEACHing should probably take place on the original (linked) threads. It keeps all the feedback together, and doesn't crowd up this thread with only semi-relevant posts.

toapat
2012-09-22, 04:40 PM

why not just continue the previous request thread's rule: the Peach goes in the topic for the homebrew, not this one. it keeps context easier to see.

TuggyNE
2012-09-22, 05:09 PM
tuggyne, ready for action. I tend to be rather opinionated, balance-wise :smalltongue:

Also, I much prefer feats or spells to classes, and much prefer classes to subsystems. Comprehensibility is a thing.

Veklim
2012-09-22, 05:31 PM
Veklim reporting for PEACH duty, mainly 3.0/5, can put my head mostly around PF and love to read random brainstorms and abstract concepts before they adhere themselves to any particular system. Mostly go for PrCs, interesting base classes and feats, but am willing and happy to look at just about anything well presented and different.

---------------

On the flipside, I'd like to submit my Bastion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13807044#post13807044) to the ever-watchful eyes of the Playground, I'm at a serious loss for further inspiration, and an honest critique from a-z would be a full on blessing for me!

Amnoriath
2012-09-22, 10:11 PM
Could any of you fine gentleman please look into balance and some different abilities for a couple of Incarnum PrC fixes I have done in another blog. As such it is for 3.5 play. I am sorry but I lost material on how to do a chart sequence online a long time ago so please bear with the amount of words.
http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-discussion/324357-necrocarnate-fix.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-discussion/328350-incarnum-blade-rehaul.html

Sgt. Cookie
2012-09-23, 06:33 AM
Sgt. Cookie reporting in, sir!

D&D 3.5 is my area of expertise, and am willing to give anything a PEACH.

toapat
2012-09-23, 08:44 AM
'll also kick off the other side of the thread by posting my latest creation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13847478), a fighter fix (I know, I know...) I'm using a somewhat unusual mechanic, sort of an inspiration-points-esque dice pool, and I haven't got enough balance feedback-- and none at all since I updated.

Second to Ask: Toapat's New Paladin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13939924#post13939924)

Could any of you fine gentleman please look into balance and some different abilities for a couple of Incarnum PrC fixes I have done in another blog. As such it is for 3.5 play. I am sorry but I lost material on how to do a chart sequence online a long time ago so please bear with the amount of words.
http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-discussion/328350-incarnum-blade-rehaul.html

3 requests already

Veklim
2012-09-23, 10:08 AM
Guessing mine is invisible then...should remember not to leave the chameleon field up and running on my posts... :smalltongue:

Fawriel
2012-09-23, 10:17 AM
Well then, don't mind if I do!

The Wanderer (3.5 Base Class) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255481)
My first foray into homebrewing, and I admit I'm not very experienced with the game. I'll briefly summarize what I was trying to do, because the amount of text is probably going to be daunting. I won't be horribly insulted if you skip past the fluff. Just a little. :smalltongue:

The class is supposed to be a very customizable catch-all thing for freedom-loving people who, roughly speaking, break physical and/or societal constraints. They get a lot of movement skills because of their thirst for freedom, improved fighting capabilities because of the powers they draw from their own will and a sort of spiritual ability to go with the flow of battle, and a bit of magic because of their spiritual openness to the world. MAD is supposed to both balance the class and ideally make it possible to play someone who fits the class but is not spiritual enough to use its magic, for instance, while still making for a decent character. In short, what I went for is versatility, and whatever one does with the class, it's supposed to result in a character who's not absurdly powerful in any way, but will usually be able to contribute something in any situation.

The main thing that needs to be dissected is the magic capabilities of the class, which tend to be the thing people point out when they call the class too powerful. Since I only want magic to be secondary, or at least not the centralizing aspect, something should be changed about it. However, while the magic system I came up with is a little complicated and unusual, I think it adds a lot of flavor to the class (because of the preparation rituals for one thing, for another thing because it shows a spiritual progression from the inside to the outside to within others to the realm of ideas), so I would be unhappy to lose it completely.

As it stands, I think the simplest solution would be to only let magic advance up to level 6 and add the restriction that any one spell can only be used up to 1+(Cha modifier) times per day, and maybe that would nerf it enough that I can justify upping the HD to a d8, but I would be happy for any other ideas, be they about balance or anything else.

God Imperror
2012-09-23, 10:19 AM
Reporting for duty!

I like D&D 3.5 and I promise thorough peaches if something caches my attention, most of my comments or critiques will be due to a weird interaction with rules or due to my sometimes not so great reading comprehension (oh, I will probably understand why people try to achieve, but won't consider it properly explained on the writing).

At the moment I am working on Anointed heritor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255521) which started as a sort of Soulborn fix mixing it with vestiges and binding, so it might be a long read, but I would really appreciate PEACHes there.

Going to go over the current requests now.

toapat
2012-09-23, 01:16 PM
found the last thread of this Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243867)

Eldan
2012-09-23, 07:03 PM
Actually, would be nice if someone could have a look at my Arcane Magic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233664). I've added a few new features, lately, including level 20 capstones for wizards.

Waargh!
2012-09-23, 10:24 PM
Adding a request for reviews for The Engineer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13946528)

WaylanderX
2012-09-24, 04:49 AM
WaylanderX, reporting in.
I wanna put my Improviser (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255381&highlight=improviser) class up here for review. The only reviews that I had were "This looks fun!" review and now I'm kinda losing motivation to make the class bigger.

The Improviser is a class based arround using mundane tools and gadgets to do incredible stuff, such as throwing magnesium in a lantern for a AoE blind or using ventriloquism and a whistle to replicate a Ghost Sound spell. Also he has the ability to get every tool that you could ever imagine out of his backpack (As long as it fits in his backback), as long as it is within the gold limits of that classfeature. Other then that, he is a skillmonkey that can also he used as secondary healer, scout, semi-mage, or whatever you want to do. If you have any other idea's for different trick paths, give me a PM, and I'll see what I can come up with ^^. Thx in advance.

Also I wanna sign up for Peaching duteh!
I mostly do base classes, but I don't mind feats and PRC's either.
Besides, anything really special that catches my attention can also recieve a good PEACH.

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-09-24, 09:27 AM
TheWombatOfDoom here with a few suggestions!

First I'd like to volenteer for PEACHing, but for now solely on a grammatical basis. I'll help edit wording, and fix errors.

As for this thread, it might be a good idea to reference a link back to the advice thread for those who might need help starting who come on here.

Also may want to format it so that the list of requests is at the top of the thread so its easiest for all PEACHers to peruse. Don't have to do much more than it's name, a link, and who it's by. That way you can take them off the list once it's been PEACHed. How does that sound?

Perhaps also we should get a request form or something, so that people can request what kind of PEACHing they want, or from what people, rather than a copy and paste in the forum. Perhaps they could request a specific PEACHer even, or a PEACHer can say they're taking up a request so that we know who has been taken care of so no one falls through the cracks.

Debihuman
2012-09-24, 10:33 AM
I can help with critiquing as well 3.5 and slower with Pathfinder. I'm most experienced with monsters though I can can certainly help with other stuff.

Debby

SamBurke
2012-09-24, 02:13 PM
TheWombatOfDoom here with a few suggestions!

As for this thread, it might be a good idea to reference a link back to the advice thread for those who might need help starting who come on here.

Also may want to format it so that the list of requests is at the top of the thread so its easiest for all PEACHers to peruse. Don't have to do much more than it's name, a link, and who it's by. That way you can take them off the list once it's been PEACHed. How does that sound?

Perhaps also we should get a request form or something, so that people can request what kind of PEACHing they want, or from what people, rather than a copy and paste in the forum. Perhaps they could request a specific PEACHer even, or a PEACHer can say they're taking up a request so that we know who has been taken care of so no one falls through the cracks.

Seems like a good idea to me.

Fawriel
2012-09-24, 02:23 PM
I guess I should mention that I've overhauled my Wanderer class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255481) now (change log is in the second post), so I guess the question is now no longer "what should I do to balance the class according to these ideas", but rather "did I manage to do it"?

Eldan
2012-09-24, 02:31 PM
I'll get to the Wanderer next, I'm still on the Heritor.

Fawriel
2012-09-24, 02:57 PM
I'll be looking forward to it! :smallsmile:

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-09-25, 01:27 PM
It appears the listings here may need to be updated. > . >

SamBurke
2012-09-25, 02:04 PM
No joke, mate.

Eldan
2012-09-25, 02:28 PM
Three people weren't on the list yet. Oh calamity. They are now.

SamBurke
2012-09-25, 02:35 PM
Hm. Could we have a check-off for when a thread has been PEACH'd? I'd like to make sure they all do, but I don't have unlimited time.

Amnoriath
2012-09-25, 02:38 PM

I just noticed that it shortened up the links so it didn't say what they are. The first is a Necrocarnate fix and the second is an Incarnum Blade fix.

tallonRook
2012-09-25, 08:25 PM
Hi, I was wondering if someone could critique my pathfinder class, the Zealot. It's supposed to be a replacement for the Paladin and Antipaladin, and while I don't have that much new material in it I would like to know if what I have added is balanced. Thanks!
Here's the Link: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13946607#post13946607

toapat
2012-09-26, 03:10 PM
this seemingly died immediately

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-09-26, 04:10 PM
Seems like giving something a day to die is a little premature. I haven't had time to critique anything as of yet, as I've been quite busy this week.

Veklim
2012-09-26, 04:37 PM
Seems like giving something a day to die is a little premature. I haven't had time to critique anything as of yet, as I've been quite busy this week.

Indeed, I've seen stuff take WEEKS to die properly, even with concerted neglect....

I too have been busy, since my employers seem to forget their worker's need for food, sleep or indeed any form of life outside the job. Luckily I have an afternoon off tomorrow, and then the slight possibility that the entire of Friday doesn't bring a phonecall asking me to work my solitary day off in the week...cross fingers and toes, I may get to PEACH a post or three by then!

In the meantime, I'd suggest all people who signed up to this little venture put a link to this thread in their sig, since I'm sure a lot of people just don't know we're doing this yet...

Eldan
2012-09-26, 04:41 PM
I've peached three base classes linked in here now. I'll take on the Wanderer next, probably tomorrow.

Veklim
2012-09-26, 05:02 PM
Yes indeed, and thankyou for the Bastion's PEACH btw, it's helped a lot!

SamBurke
2012-09-27, 09:14 AM
PEACHed one thus far, plan on doing another one when I don't have to write two full length speeches in a matter of hours.

Eurus
2012-09-27, 12:49 PM
It's very unfinished, so I feel a little awkward linking it, but getting attention is phenomenally encouraging to actually finish stuff, so here's the classes I've been working on (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254790) when I have time. The idea is to replace vancian spellcasting, but my goal isn't "fixing balance" so much as creating a different theme. Some aspects of D&D spellcasting always annoyed or bored me a little, so I wanted to take a crack at making something a little different, with significant ties between fluff and crunch.

So yeah, if anyone feels like looking at the Mage + Sage, that'd be awesome.

Iamyourking
2012-09-28, 12:19 AM
I don't suppose I could get anyone to take a look at Sons of the Fallen here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gWxat5o0-y6ofPVP72N__mq2Jo5YfBppwLNTfgVjWhQ/edit)? I got a bit of commentary when I first making it, but it has long since dried up despite my continuing work. I'm mostly looking for comments on the mechanical side but I won't turn down story commentary either. Short comments are fine on the Google document but longer ones should be in the thread (In my signature). Some of the statblocks are still in progress, so please take that into account when discussing them in addition to the fact that I've been working on it piecemeal for quite a while and may reformat it to flow better and remove redundencies.

Kensen
2012-09-28, 06:15 AM
I'd appreciate any feedback on my RPG, Rogue: Clandestine Operations.

It's not d20 but mechanically, it bears some similarities to D&D and some other RPGs.
It's about stealth missions and other secret operations in a medieval setting.
It's 17 pages long (if read in the PDF format).

The thread is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257175), and it includes more info and links to the rules reference.

Any kind of comments are welcome, whether about the mechanics, presentation, language or anything else.

Thanks! :smallsmile:

Deepbluediver
2012-09-28, 11:54 AM
WARNING! WARNING!
DIRE WALL OF TEXT INCOMING!
PEACH-CR 17+! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PEACH THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU ARE AT LEAST AN ORC IN THE PLAYGROUND! :smalltongue:

If any of you wonderful people are in dire need of something to put your PEACHING skills to the test, then I have a challenge for you: My 3.5/3.PF Magic Fix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12543613#post12543613).

Game balance is something that interests me, and most people agree that magic-users have the potential to completely eclipse non-magic users in many situations. Any other magic-fix I saw fell short, mostly because magic is woven so intricatly into so much of D&D nothing "simple" can hit on any problem. I devised what I think is a workable system, and I don't think it's more complicated than other aspects of the game, but it is extensive (i.e. a long read). And that's not even counting spell rewrites.

I've been continually tweeking this after it was posted, but I'm sure there are still some funky sticking points here and there. I would love more feedback, and I'd be happy to PEACH just about anything of yours in exchange.

P.S. The thread has been quite of new posts for some time, even though I've been updating it. If you are worried about getting in trouble for necroing, PM your comments and I'll post them. That way if anyone get's in trouble it will be me.

P.P.S. I'm still working on spell rewrites, slowly. If you have any individual spell(s) you want to see me fix so (particularly any you have personally experienced as unbalanced) let me know.

SamBurke
2012-09-28, 03:59 PM
I don't suppose I could get anyone to take a look at Sons of the Fallen here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gWxat5o0-y6ofPVP72N__mq2Jo5YfBppwLNTfgVjWhQ/edit)? I got a bit of commentary when I first making it, but it has long since dried up despite my continuing work. I'm mostly looking for comments on the mechanical side but I won't turn down story commentary either. Short comments are fine on the Google document but longer ones should be in the thread (In my signature). Some of the statblocks are still in progress, so please take that into account when discussing them in addition to the fact that I've been working on it piecemeal for quite a while and may reformat it to flow better and remove redundencies.

I shall not only read and critique, but I shall use it in my campaign, as requested. (See sig.) I have a hard enough time finding anything that's powerful enough to run, so this should help.

Waargh!
2012-09-30, 12:44 PM
We need to get more organized!

I suggest we keep a table with the requests and how many critiques have reviewed it. I would personally prefer for critiques to prioritize topics that have no (meaningful) reviews yet or on topics where some specific feedback is missed from the current reviews. I believe this was more the intend of this thread.
If more reviews are requested then the requestor can post again specifying the need (i.e. "thanks for the review on balance, would also like comment on feat part or on fluff please")

What do you say?? I can build something up if you think it is worth it and we can put on OP

Btw, a request to view one more Base Class: the Gentleman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257319)

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-09-30, 04:13 PM
We need to get more organized!

I suggest we keep a table with the requests and how many critiques have reviewed it. I would personally prefer for critiques to prioritize topics that have no (meaningful) reviews yet or on topics where some specific feedback is missed from the current reviews. I believe this was more the intend of this thread.
If more reviews are requested then the requestor can post again specifying the need (i.e. "thanks for the review on balance, would also like comment on feat part or on fluff please")

What do you say?? I can build something up if you think it is worth it and we can put on OP

Btw, a request to view one more Base Class: the Gentleman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257319)

I um, put this through earlier. But I agree.

Waargh!
2012-09-30, 06:15 PM
I um, put this through earlier. But I agree.

Oh, I am terribly sorry. Indeed I missed that post of yours. Let us see if there is a general agreement

Veklim
2012-10-01, 07:33 AM
Seems like a good plan to me, aye.

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-10-01, 08:37 AM
Here we go:

Requested Critiques

Grod the Giant - Fighter Fix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13847478)
Toapat - Paladin Fix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13939924#post13939924)
Veklim - The Bastion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13807044#post13807044)
Amnoriath - Necrocarnate Fix (http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-discussion/324357-necrocarnate-fix.html)Incarnum Blade (http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-discussion/328350-incarnum-blade-rehaul.html)
Fawriel - The Wanderer (3.5 Base Class) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255481)
God Imperror - Anointed heritor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255521)
Eldan - Arcane Magic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233664)
Waargh! - The Engineer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13946528)
WaylanderX - Improviser (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255381&highlight=improviser)
Fawriel - Wanderer class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255481)
tallonRook - The Zealot (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13946607#post13946607)
Eurus - The Mage & The Sage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254790)
Iamyourking - Sons of the Fallen (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gWxat5o0-y6ofPVP72N__mq2Jo5YfBppwLNTfgVjWhQ/edit)
Kensen - RPG - Rogue: Clandestine Operations (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257175)
Deepbluediver - 3.5/3.PF Magic Fix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12543613#post12543613)
Waargh - The Gentleman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257319)

If you've been PEACHed sufficently, let me know so we/I can take you off. PEACHer's who own the top post of the page, you can use this to put at the top of the latest page. Sound like a plan?

toapat
2012-10-01, 08:38 AM
i personally think the previous itteration was better, as it gained more requests faster and fewer post unrelated to asking.

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-10-01, 08:46 AM
i personally think the previous itteration was better, as it gained more requests faster and fewer post unrelated to asking.

Well then Eldan can change it to that if he's partial to it. I made the table since that was the feedback I recieved, and something needed to be done about organization. He was actually the second poster in that thread you provided earlier, so if he like that system I assume he'd have implemented it by now. That's just my submission to take or leave. I personally have no problems with messages or posts saying "thank you for the PEACHing, you can take my name off the list now."

Amnoriath
2012-10-06, 10:42 AM
Just thought I should keep it alive.

toapat
2012-10-06, 10:53 AM
Just thought I should keep it alive.

well, the forums were down for 3 days, and when coming back on knocked out the site a few times

Amnoriath
2012-10-10, 08:30 PM
So, are the critiques going to be on the thread or in messages?

toapat
2012-10-10, 09:31 PM
So, are the critiques going to be on the thread or in messages?

in topic of the homebrew

Iamyourking
2012-10-10, 10:38 PM
Along those lines, since SamBurke is going to be out indefinitely, would somebody substitute for him in providing critiques for Sons of the Fallen?

Nightgaun7
2012-10-11, 05:13 PM
1) Pardon my ignorance, but what is PEACHing?

2) Fist of the Coral - loosely Fist of the Forest-based PrC for ocean dwellers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14024299#post14024299)
D&D 3.5
Looking for mechanical advice on changes to class features

toapat
2012-10-11, 05:21 PM
1) Pardon my ignorance, but what is PEACHing?

2) Fist of the Coral - loosely Fist of the Forest-based PrC for ocean dwellers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14024299#post14024299)
D&D 3.5
Looking for mechanical advice on changes to class features

Please Examine And Comment Honestly

nightninja101
2013-04-30, 11:13 PM
An augmented semi-human race of innate bodyguards, the Kingsguard. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280602)

The Bastion class mentioned earlier has similar flavor in terms of protecting something or someone, though the Kingsguard is slightly different. Ideally, I would like to make an LA+2 at the very most race, viable for PC play and NPCs. I don't want a power level that merits a PrC on its own, though a template rework would be acceptable if absolutely needed for balance or mechanics issues. This is my first significant homebrew, and any collaboration or solid PEACHing is welcome.

Yitzi
2013-04-30, 11:39 PM
I am familiar with D&D 3.5 Core, and moderately familiar with Pathfinder. I am willing to critique crunch, fluff, or the interaction between the two.

ngilop
2013-05-02, 05:05 PM
I am willing to peach any homebrew created, I am familair with the d20 ruleset but in terms of fluff or lore I can give my thoughts easily.

I am looking for actual critiques for my Ninja (http://www.giantitp.com/forums...osted=1#post15064308) and even though it has 0ver 600 veiws ive yet to actually get one pots of a critque on it, and that is beyond rather frustrating, like seriously so.

and I am looking for critiques on my Samurai (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278499) Ive actually gotten some cirtues on this but as always more would be good, I feel there is something missing but I cannot place my finger on it,

I was aiming at 'teir' 3 or a higher 'teir' 4 or both classes. The other PEACH exchnange thread helpe dout my samuria, but so far ive not gotten any luck on my Ninja.