PDA

View Full Version : Help me build Jackie Estacado

Asheram
2012-09-22, 01:52 PM
Greetings, Ladies and Gents.

I am stuck here with a little conundrum. Our most wise and benevolent GM (who also frequents these forums) is in the mood for a superhero campaign, we are all to chose a superhero and play in a gestalt campaign. I chose my favorite anti-hero Jackie Estacado, the wielder of the "The Darkness".
Glory and joy, but unfortunatly I have no idea how to make a good synergy with his different abilities. So I ask you kind folks of GITP to help me along.

So, here are the rules, Ladies and Gents.

A total sum of 85 ability scores. (Min 8, max 20)
Gestalt
No Homebrew.
No Dragon magazine
No Tier 1
Playable :smallbiggrin:

I originally wanted to base one side in "Psion: Shaper" for the astral constructs, but I don't know what to put on the other side which would reflect his additional abilites.

I'd be most grateful if you would lend your assistance to me.

//Ash

Feralventas
2012-09-23, 01:15 AM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a

Ghost savage progression at first for one side.

Eidalon from Ghostwalk, taking the Poltergeist path feats to get the telekinetic abilities, and the ability to manifest yourself physically (or to get your DM to switch the Etherial quality to taking a feat to Not manifest yourself as a standard action.)

After that, take the Abberant feats from Lords of Madness, Abberent Blood to qualify, and then Deepsapwn to give you two tenticals which you can use as the two heads of the Darkness (switch Bludgeoning damage to Piercing for a bit if allowed). Extended Reach from Savage Species to extend their reach to 10ft.

A couple dips in Fighter for Combat Reflexes and Multi-Attack.

Shadowsmith from Tome of Magic for bonuses to hide, move silently, and the ability to craft weapons and gear from darkness.

Swordsage and emphasize Shadow Hand maneuvers for other stealth, sneak-attack, and supernatural abilities.

Probably looking at...
Human as base creature.
Ghost//Eidalon
Ghost//Eidalon
Ghost//Fighter
Ghost//Fighter
Ghost//Lion Totem Barbarian
Shadowsmith//Swordsage

3 feats at 1st level (normal level 1, Human, and Eidalon is a box of feats like Fighter, just requiring Ghost feats.)
1 feat at 2nd, also a ghost feat.
2 feats at 3rd, 1 fighter, 1 level 3.
1 feat at 4th level, fighter.
None at 5th, and by then you should be able to qualify for Shadowsmith.

Full BAB the whole way, able to fly fairly easily (but if you switch Ethereal to require the feat from Ghostwalk, then it'll only work as a move action after your standard action to become incorporeal). Lots of shadows and stealth effects (hide bonuses like no one's business from Ghost and then Swordsage/Shadowsmith) and sneak-attack options from Swordsage.

All you need is some guns, but that can be done either with either DMG weapons or Pathfinder revolvers or the like.

Asheram
2012-09-27, 12:43 PM
Very appreciated. :) Thank you.