PDA

View Full Version : Getting Rebuke without losing CL

kardar233
2012-09-22, 10:36 PM
I've got a quandary: I need to enter Bone Knight without losing any spell levels on my Archivist, but I can't lose any more casting levels or else I won't get 9ths.

So I'm working with 24 class levels, and I want 8 in Bone Knight, 5 in Abjurant Champion, 1 in Incarnate and any surplus will go into Sapphire Hierarch. I also need enough Archivist casting to get 9ths.

Don't worry about skill or feat requirements, there's a weird gestalt thing going on so I don't need to worry about those.

Normally I'd dip Cleric 1, giving me the Rebuke and also getting Law Domain in the bargain to qualify for Sapphire Hierarch, but that would knock me out of 9s. Unfortunately, dipping Sacred Exorcist won't work either because Bone Knight requires Rebuking rather than turning, unless there's some way to replace Turning with Rebuking after the fact.

Lostbutseeking
2012-09-23, 06:24 AM
If you are allowed access to the dragonlance books then Planar touchstone: Catalogues of enlightenment(Necromancy) will work.

kardar233
2012-09-23, 06:28 AM
Wow, lostbutseeking, you're saving me all over the place. First with Divine Denial, and now this; that's exactly what I need for this build.

Endelehia
2012-09-23, 08:19 AM
Unfortunately, dipping Sacred Exorcist won't work either because Bone Knight requires Rebuking rather than turning, unless there's some way to replace Turning with Rebuking after the fact.

Bone Knight advances Rebuke undead,but you can enter the prestige with either Rebuke or Turn.

kardar233
2012-09-23, 12:03 PM
Bone Knight advances Rebuke undead,but you can enter the prestige with either Rebuke or Turn.

Hmm. That's correct, I must have misread the entry. However, I can't use the usual ways of getting Turning (such as dipping Cleric 1, because of lost CL, or dipping Sacred Exorcist, because of non-good alignment) so it's still very helpful.