PDA

View Full Version : Wild Surge Rager (3.5 PRC, PEACH)

hex0
2012-09-23, 05:30 PM
A Wild Surge Rager is a unique breed that has combined physical outburst of a raging barbarian with the mental outburst of wilder. For a Wild Surge Rager, giving into both these urges is a source of strength and discovery. Unlike other brutes that froth at the mouth an flex their muscles, wild surge ragers learn to tap into their unique force of personality to enter a sublime state of pure mental and physical superiority.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Powers Known

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2|Surging Rage, Warrior's Insight, Psionic Meditation|-

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+3|Enervation Resistance|+1 level of existing manifesting class

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+3|Euphoric Rage|+1 level of existing manifesting class

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+4|Warrior's Insight|+1 level of existing manifesting class

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+4|-|+1 level of existing manifesting class

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+5|Enhanced Surging Rage|-

7th|
+7|
+5|
+2|
+5|-|+1 level of existing manifesting class

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+6|Warrior's Insight|+1 level of existing manifesting class

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+6|-|+1 level of existing manifesting class

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+7|Supreme Surging Rage|+1 level of existing manifesting class [/table]

Requirements To qualify to become a Wild Surge Rager, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Skills: Intimidate 8 ranks, Autohypnosis 4 ranks, Concentration 2 ranks

Feats: Combat Manifestation

Special: Rage class feature, Wild Surge class feature

Hit Die: D10

Class Skills

The Wild Surge Rager's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Autohypnosis (Wis), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (psionics) (Int), Listen (Wis), Psicraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).

Skill Points at Each Level
4 + Int modifier.

Class Features

Weapon and Armor Proficiency Wild Surge Ragers are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, light armor, medium armor, and shields (except tower shields).

Powers Known At every level indicated on the table, the character gains additional power points per day and access to new powers as if she had also gained a level in whatever manifesting class she belonged to before she added the prestige class. She does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (bonus feats, metapsionic or item creation feats, psicrystal special abilities, and so on). This essentially means that she adds the level of wild surge rager to the level of whatever manifesting class the character has, then determines power points per day, powers known, and manifester level accordingly.

If a character had more than one manifesting class before she gained a level of wild surge rager, she must decide to which class she adds the new level of wild surge rager for the purpose of determining power points per day, powers known, and manifester level.

Surging Rage (Ex)

A wild surge rager can manifest powers while in a rage, as long as the power's casting time is no more than one full round and she manifests the power using the wild surge class ability.

In addition, a wild surge rager's class levels stack with his barbarian levels for the purpose of determining the number of times a day he can rage and access to the Greater Rage and Mighty Rage class features. His wild surge rager class levels also stack with his wilder levels to determine access to and the strength of the Wild Surge, Psychic Enervation, and Surging Euphoria class abilities. His class levels do not apply to other Barbarian or Wilder abilities such as uncanny dodge, volatile mind, and so on.

Warrior's Insight (Ex)

A wild surge rager is knowledgeable about powers that are useful to combat. At levels 1, 4, and 8, she chooses a Psychic Warrior power of any power level up to one less than the highest power level she knows and adds it to her powers known.

Psychic Meditation (Ex)

At 1st level, a wild surge rager gains Psychic Meditation as a bonus feat, even if she does not meet the prerequisites. If the character already has this feat, she may instead select any Psychic Warrior bonus feat she qualifies for.

Enervation Resistance (Ex)

At 2nd level, a wild surge rager gains a resistance to psychic enervation. When manifesting a power with wild surge during a rage, if subjected to psychic enervation, the number of power points lost are reduced by one for every two levels of wild surge rager.

Euphoric Rage (Ex)

At 3rd level, a wild surge rager gives in to the euphoric sensation from opening his mind and body fully. While raging, the bonuses granted by surging euphoria are doubled.

Enhanced Surging Rage (Ex)

At 6th level, a wild surge rager enters a state of egosensual perfection while raging that penetrates her entire mind and body. In addition to the normal features, a wild surge rager also gains a +2 bonus to Charisma and Dexterity while raging.

Supreme Surging Rage (Ex)

At 10th level, a wild surge rager's bonuses to Charism and Dexterity during his rage each increase to +4.

Debihuman
2012-09-24, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure how many Barbarian-Wilders are out there. This seems to fit a nice niche.

Psychic Meditation refers to a an elocater.

Debby

hex0
2012-09-27, 07:15 AM
Thanks! Fixed the typos.

I realize this is a rare combo and probably could just be a feat ala Daring Outlaw. :/

But I think I'm on to something...I didn't want to just make the psionic version of Rage Mage.

Cieyrin
2012-09-28, 11:19 PM
You could probably even out Warrior's Insight to appear at 1, 4, 7 and 10 so it has a smooth progression.

I'm not sure what the Enhanced and Supreme versions of Surging Rage have to do with the original, really. It seems out of the blue to suddenly go Chasing Perfection with it. Not sure about the virtual Intimidating Rage as part of the cap, either. I'd probably pursue further integrations of Barbarian and Wilder abilities and doing things like temp HP, free buffs, etc.

hex0
2012-09-30, 03:11 PM
I think it makes more sense to have it boost CHA and DEX instead. Boosting WIS and INT seemse weird.

hex0
2015-08-14, 11:08 PM
Ok i updated it 3 years later

nonsi
2015-08-14, 11:35 PM
Ok i updated it 3 years later

Suggestion: reformat the table (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?205677-Table-Pre-sets-and-Tablemaking-tutorial).